Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Here's a few ideas for my application to :ccp: 's marketing division:

4.95$ Remove a loss from your killboard (pubbies are gonna jump over that one)

24.95$ A Monitor with full set of Implants. (This would ensure passpi's FC patronage.)

45.95$ Increase N+1 in a fleet to N+2. (Numbers don't lie, 2 is greater than 1.)

79.99$ Disable warp abilities of a target enemy fleet for 30min. (This might be popular with Imperium members and might increase their chance to get a fight)

99.95$ Skip a timer of your choice when aggressing any citadel. (This could benefit of a 10% rebate if used in combination with one of the next two)

195.95$ Disable a cynojammer in a target system for 15 minutes.

499.95$ Disable all cynojammers in 1D.. a target system of your choice for a day.

I'm available for hire and can be reached through PM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheechLizard
Jul 1, 2000

It stays at 50%, goy!

Dalael posted:

499.95$ Move a faction fort of your choice

more like

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Dalael posted:

Here's a few ideas for my application to :ccp: 's marketing division:

4.95$ Remove a loss from your killboard (pubbies are gonna jump over that one)

24.95$ A Monitor with full set of Implants. (This would ensure passpi's FC patronage.)

45.95$ Increase N+1 in a fleet to N+2. (Numbers don't lie, 2 is greater than 1.)

79.99$ Disable warp abilities of a target enemy fleet for 30min. (This might be popular with Imperium members and might increase their chance to get a fight)

99.95$ Skip a timer of your choice when aggressing any citadel. (This could benefit of a 10% rebate if used in combination with one of the next two)

195.95$ Disable a cynojammer in a target system for 15 minutes.

499.95$ Disable all cynojammers in 1D.. a target system of your choice for a day.

I'm available for hire and can be reached through PM.

the $ after the amounts is bugging me way more than it should.

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

Dalael posted:

499.95$ Move a faction fort of your choice

I feel like there is a certain segment of people who would pay a lot more to do that.

EDIT: added other quote to give context.

Nunes fucked around with this message at 21:55 on May 11, 2021

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

We'll have one entire section labelled "for degenerates"
49.95$/mo for immunity from the last couple of patches: You get unlimited conduits to your own private nullsec system that has the old asteroid belts and the old battleship blueprints still work.

Not bitter or anything.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Dalael posted:

Add in

“$99.95 to add a timer to any aggressed citadel”

Let the wallet wars begin!

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again
you guys gotta quit with these terrible ideas before someone at CCP gets the urge

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Loky11 posted:

you guys gotta quit with these terrible ideas before someone at CCP gets the urge

how could they possibly make the game worse????

:haw:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Floppychop posted:

the $ after the amounts is bugging me way more than it should.
Do u say dollars 99 or do you say 99 dollars

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Just like the discontinuity between how :ccp: designed the game on paper and how the players ended up playing it, we don't usually talk the way we write. But I'll start saying 'dollars 99' regardless.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
frat does not like it when you show up in the middle of their incursion

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

papi complaining about us ruining the game in the vaguest terms possible, meanwhile one of their prominent members is widely known as the Botting Alliance

Well I say prominent, but I believe FRAT has legitimately done more damage to AOM (who are also in papi) than to the Imperium, so I guess carry on

e: Mittens's propaganda is getting to me, I'm starting to genuinely despise our cowardly and hypocritical enemies

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Hypocrisy is basically the definition of all EVE politics.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

dropped roles and left my shitter pubbie corp

i'm free

free to continue not loggin in

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
What's a good solo Praxis fit?

I'm new to solo pvp so I'm thinking of just modifying a Vindi fit and use rapid heavy missiles b/c I like missiles.

The thing is a pig so it's probably best to camp a hisec gate on the lowsec side and pick fights.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

What's a good solo Praxis fit?

I'm new to solo pvp so I'm thinking of just modifying a Vindi fit and use rapid heavy missiles b/c I like missiles.

The thing is a pig so it's probably best to camp a hisec gate on the lowsec side and pick fights.

yes hello. this first fit is probably best flown with one other person. having flown a number of praxis fits using the mids for control, I've had suboptimal results because 1) you don't have any bonuses to those modules, so they are hard to keep applied given your low speed and 2) you sacrifice quite a lot of damage since your tank is all in your lows. The vindicator is so successful because with even bog standard faction webs you're getting like 91% slows, plus you have a bonus to tracking. The praxis only bonus is to damage, and so I like to maximize there with this fit and then dual box a ceptor alt

code:
[Praxis, rhml]
Damage Control II
Missile Guidance Enhancer II
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II
Co-Processor II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

500MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Large Micro Jump Drive
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
Warp Disruptor II

Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II
Small Energy Neutralizer II

Large Core Defense Field Extender I

Berserker II x4
Now, while the praxis has a low top speed, it has excellent agility. This means you can warp in and out at range, take a pot shot, and get out. I've been having some success blowing up small things in gate camps or third partying in bigger fights in, say, an Open FW complex with this fit:

code:
[Praxis, arty]
Reactor Control Unit II
Reactor Control Unit II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

500MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Tracking Computer II
Tracking Computer II
Tracking Computer II
Sensor Booster II
Sensor Booster II
Large Micro Jump Drive

1400mm Howitzer Artillery II
Heavy Energy Neutralizer II

Large Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer I

I am on NBC's hit television program The Blacklist

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Waiting for the inevitable praxis fleets so people can welp their free ships from the current events.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

https://forums.eveonline.com/t/nullification-and-wcs-updates-testing-has-begun/310760/19

goodbye passive interdiction nullification (except on shuttles), now it is an active button with a cooldown and on a few more ship types

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

https://forums.eveonline.com/t/nullification-and-wcs-updates-testing-has-begun/310760/19

goodbye passive interdiction nullification (except on shuttles), now it is an active button with a cooldown and on a few more ship types

That stinks.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Stabs now apparently also reduce drone bandwidth which is an extremely good change

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Are shuttles instant warp at least? (And can you put a shuttle in a BS’s frig bay?)

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Are shuttles instant warp at least? (And can you put a shuttle in a BS’s frig bay?)

Yes (1.5s align) / No, they aren't frigates.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

what problem does this solve

there aren't gate after gate of bubble camps, so having it on a cooldown doesn't matter all that much

the scan res changes and targeting don't matter for ships either moving cargo or taxis

the scan res and targeting changes don't matter for nullified t3cs because those are all hunter fits so you're decloaking in scram range on a big target anyway

like there are a few combat capable nullified t3c fits but most of them dont use that subsystem because it gimps fitting and damage/application mods so badly

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

https://forums.eveonline.com/t/nullification-and-wcs-updates-testing-has-begun/310760

So the lutefisk-abusing harebrains at :ccp: continue on their wayward crusade to neuter signature game mechanics that've been the backbone of Eve's unique gameplay for decades. As recently as a month ago they've made everything equipped with a burst jammer lose its bubble nullification, so the next logical step is to cast the nullification into the Eyjafjallajökull altogether. Their high tedium alternative instead is to have an *active* anti-bubble module which you need activate everytime you expect to land in a bubble on gate, which in nullsec, is every system.

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

Can't wait for me to activate one of these modules and get bubbled anyway because of lag or ccp being bad

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Were interceptors even an issue at this point? I don't understand the desire to make a change, much less what the change turned out to be.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Sickening posted:

Were interceptors even an issue at this point? I don't understand the desire to make a change, much less what the change turned out to be.

Yeah, feels like a hammer in search of a nail.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
DSTs and BRs getting bubble immunity is kind of cool., and making it a module leads to choices.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
So now I fit a mwd, cloak, and nullifier on my blockade runner and run missions in stain unmolested eh?

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

https://forums.eveonline.com/t/nullification-and-wcs-updates-testing-has-begun/310760

So the lutefisk-abusing harebrains at :ccp: continue on their wayward crusade to neuter signature game mechanics that've been the backbone of Eve's unique gameplay for decades. As recently as a month ago they've made everything equipped with a burst jammer lose its bubble nullification, so the next logical step is to cast the nullification into the Eyjafjallajökull altogether. Their high tedium alternative instead is to have an *active* anti-bubble module which you need activate everytime you expect to land in a bubble on gate, which in nullsec, is every system.

hey man - it's hákarl, not lutefisk. hákarl:lutefisk :: PCP:whip-its

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
With the new changes you're now limited to one WCS per ship, for a max of +3 warp strength for any ship.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Dieting Hippo posted:

With the new changes you're now limited to one WCS per ship, for a max of +3 warp strength for any ship.

Who benefits from this? I would think lowsec gankers would benefit the most.

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

With these changes it woyld mean you'll 100% get caught without a cloak if both sides of a gate are bubbled. I wouldn't call that 'choices'

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

rocketrobot posted:

Who benefits from this? I would think lowsec gankers would benefit the most.

I can imagine wanting to fit stabs on anything that doesn't have a hull bonus now. +1 isn't really worth poo poo.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
There are tons of stabbed Ishtars out in null so it benefits people who try to kill those. But it really just affects the really low effort/botting ones that don't bother to have scouts.

Covops seem insanely hard to kill now

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

This is such a weird slate of changes.

Travel interdiction replaced by passively nullified shuttles, which is a massive bump to them (and to smartbombers). Will shuttles still be effectively free in mineral costs?

Meanwhile, adding active nullification of the T2 haulers is a huge game changer for nullsec logistics. I think that sounds wicked fun - there's counterplay, and you can move your own poo poo around without needing a JF (or service of them).

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I would still never use a DST in null. Some Sabre could just follow you and bubble you again if he really wanted since you generally take eons to align.

BRs are better now for sure but you do lose a spot for a nano in the low so it's not all gravy.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

I won't claim CCP is good at their jobs or anything. But this feels like a halfway step towards something else.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Jazzzzz posted:

hey man - it's hákarl, not lutefisk. hákarl:lutefisk :: PCP:whip-its

I've eaten hàkarl, it's for sale at the airport. Just chew with your mouth shut. Apart from a mild tang, it's pretty inoffensive. If you breathe through your mouth, though, hobo pee smell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

As with most times when CCP changes core mechanics for no obvious reason...
Globby, what did you do this time?