Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Yuengling was my favorite cheap American beer but then I read somewhere the CEO was a huge Trump supporter or something so now I gotta settle for Gansett.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

One time I said it was my birthday but no one responded so I can never do it again

I'm sorry :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Grandia on PlayStation 1 has a lot of audio bugs, the HD Collection has the same bugs??? But a Google search only helps with fixing them in the HD Collection, not the PlayStation 1 original version. I need to find help with the PS1 version (original hardware, no emulator).

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

exquisite tea posted:

Yuengling was my favorite cheap American beer but then I read somewhere the CEO was a huge Trump supporter or something so now I gotta settle for Gansett.

gently caress, really?

e: well poo poo that was an unfortunate google search jesus christ

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Yeah that's actually under selling it from what I remember.

Shoutouts to the local brewery that announced they were closing their taproom right when their staff approved a vote to unionize

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://twitter.com/tweeterisawful/status/1392529527033765891

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lmao

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

My favorite beers are

1. Water
2. Labatt Blue
3. The ones I can get for $6 at ALDI

In that order

untzthatshit
Oct 27, 2007

Snit Snitford

exquisite tea posted:

Gansett is another great beer for the discerning drinker.

The top 3 beer list goes:

1. PBR
2. Narragansett
3. Natty Boh

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Harrow posted:

I just watched an old review of the PBR Hard Coffee recently from a coffee channel I follow if you'd like a little preview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6gOu4_HxX8

These taste pretty much exactly like those Starbucks cold coffes in glass bottles they sell at grocery stores. They've got a bit of a bad aftertaste but if you just drink it quickly you never get hit with it

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
When I was younger I drank a ton of New Belgium beers, like Fat Tire.

Now I drink mostly Karbach (they're a local craft brew) since they make extremely tasty beers but also still come in canned 6-packs at gas stations around here.

Love Street, Southern Wheat, Crawford Bock, Weiss-Versa

Good stuff

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

Zaphod42 posted:

Weiss-Versa

:lmao:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Since I live in Wisconsin right now I drink a lot of local beers, like New Glarus. Really going to miss them when I move east in a few months. Wisconsin's not the only place in America with good beer but I know and love a lot of the breweries here and I won't be able to get their stuff anymore. :smith:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Every region in North America has good beer

Also where are we with the ipa backlash backlash backlash

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I generally like IPAs a lot, but I haven't actually bought any in years because I just got so tired of seeing nothing but them in every aisle

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Dear Games chat thread,

I have an ethical question: I "won" a raffle to buy a ps 5. However it is the digital version, and one of the main attractions of the console for me is playing PS4 games with decent frame rates and such, and most of my PS4 games are on disc. Also Returnal is 40 dollars more as a digital purchase than the disc version where I'm at.

So what should I do fellow video game enjoyers?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Dear Games chat thread,

I have an ethical question: I "won" a raffle to buy a ps 5. However it is the digital version, and one of the main attractions of the console for me is playing PS4 games with decent frame rates and such, and most of my PS4 games are on disc. Also Returnal is 40 dollars more as a digital purchase than the disc version where I'm at.

give your reservation to someone who wants a digital ps5

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

IPAs are good but I understand people who don't like them

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Zaphod42 posted:

When I was younger I drank a ton of New Belgium beers, like Fat Tire.

Fat Tire is pretty good! I really like Wittekerke for a light Belgian lager.

I actually prefer Smithwick's to Guiness but haven't found it in the US yet

I was told recently that lots of foreign beers that are sold in America aren't actually imported from the country but rather made in Canada and imported from there so that they can still technically say "it's imported!" without having to do the actual importing from anywhere far away

Example is Kirin and Ichibahn. They're both brewed in Canada. Probably by Molson lol. You can't get the actual Japanese Kirin anywhere, which is a shame because it's good

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
I really don't like IPAs, my favorite beers are typically british and malty.

last time I was in London every cask had a loving IPA in it, nobody even had bitters on tap

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Don't really like IPAs since I mostly drink beers for refreshment in the shower after a long run. I enjoy wheaty Belgian whites and anything that tastes vaguely like grass, really.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
yeah I can't really vibe with that super hoppy style of IPA. It's not bad, but eh... always feels like I'm drinking perfume

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jay Rust posted:

Everybody should drink whatever they like

I hate IPAs but you do you

exquisite tea posted:

I enjoy wheaty Belgian whites and anything that tastes vaguely like grass, really.

:cheers:

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 19:27 on May 12, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Dear Games chat thread,

Sell the reservation for the cost of a physical ps5 + $40

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

What is a digital PS5

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

A ps5 what ain't got a disc drive.

Also the code I received is "personal" according to the message they sent me.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Whizzing Wizard posted:

I would just buy it.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

mkvltra posted:

What is a digital PS5

A PS5 stored on a USB drive.

IPAs are great what's wrong with you people.

A proper Belgian dubbel or tripel is the height of beerdom though.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Whizzing Wizard posted:

If you have a friend that wants it, offer to buy it for them and get the money back. If not just say you don't want a digital one then let whatever random person get it.

If it doesn't go against your ethics, scalp it.

Doesn't seem especially complex to me.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
how do u guys drink a beer without getting gnarly beer shits the day after

plenty of beers have good tastes but if im not trying to get buzzed its just cheap way to ruin tomorrows toilet times

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I have crohns disease and even I don't get that problem with alcohol.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I said come in! posted:

I have crohns disease and even I don't get that problem with alcohol.

Colitis here and I don't either. Get your bowels checked.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Beer shits aren’t a thing

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
If you have like, Celiacs maybe it could be a thing.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFITf1lhimI

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

According to this urban dictionary entry from 2005 they are

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I feel a lot of people talk about beers which is fine although I personally have never drank one I really enjoyed but it seems no has mentioned cider

wonder if its a British thing

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

exquisite tea posted:

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

gently caress, really?

e: well poo poo that was an unfortunate google search jesus christ

fridge corn posted:

Yuengling does not belong on this list either

I tried to warn you

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
it is actually a british thing, hard cider is way less popular in the states, although they keep trying to make it happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I drink cider because I don't like beer and cider is appropriate in all the same social contexts as beer