Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Thank god. Praying for a bunch of closure and then a completely Infuriating cliffhanger at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

It means there's going to be a 2 hour venture bros movie. (I am speculating on runtime just assuming doc and jackson are told 90 minutes and they make a two hour movie instead)

And it will take forty years to make.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
I'm just praying for it to be delivered in less than 2 standard venbrospans. (A "venbrospan" is the distance between the end of one season of Venture Bros. and the start of the next one.)

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

10 hour movie plz

10 season movie plz

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Servaetes posted:

Holy poo poo AND a new Dethklok album?!

I think I'm getting taken by the hype

Holy gently caress! Really, really jazzed about all of this. ATHF, Metalocalypse AND Venture Bros? Now all they have to do is make more Korgoth of Barbaria and the Amazing Screw On-Head then I will won't be able to complain about Cartoon Network any more.

Really shocked at Metalocalypse as I swore there was bad blood there. Venture and ATHF seem like CN just not being ridiculous as haven't they always produced fans and good numbers (albeit slower than they'd like in the VB case)? I know if I was an exec I would just let Doc and Jackson just make what they want and treat it as a special event when a new season hit.

Now that I think about it... why has there never been a Hellboy or BPRD cartoon for CN? Especially after the much loved movie back in the 2004? I remember they showed the movies once or twice but was surprised nobody made an ongoing.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
They did DTV Hellboy movies instead. Amazing Screw-On Head captured the look way better.

Home Movies is the only other thing I'd want an AS revival of, but I don't know if Small is actually interested. I just want more McGuirk.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

The fact that the screw on head pilot never made it to series is a crime

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
They could go with film serials from now on to sidestep the Hulu contract until that finishes (so probably this film only before it expries)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

tarlibone posted:

I just love how for Venture Brothers and for Metalocalypse, the synopsis is, "There's a great big new adventure that's going to answer a bunch of question then it's going to be epic and awesome!" And for Aqua Teen Hunger Force, we get, "There will be more episodes of this show."

But that's the way it should be, given Aqua Teen Hunger Force's disdain for continuity.

I just hope it will be just as wild or more so than their first movie

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
What a great day

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

DogsInSpace! posted:

Really shocked at Metalocalypse as I swore there was bad blood there. Venture and ATHF seem like CN just not being ridiculous as haven't they always produced fans and good numbers (albeit slower than they'd like in the VB case)? I know if I was an exec I would just let Doc and Jackson just make what they want and treat it as a special event when a new season hit.

My guess is whomever Small had beef with at Turner because of Doomstar Requiem, they're long gone. Or, money talks!

I, personally, do not think another Metalocalypse season will be very good, but I am excited for the music. Gonna go listen to the new Cannibal Corpse album again now because it whips.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Mr. Lobe posted:

empty quote

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

poo poo yeah, I wonder if they’ll get budget enough for Colbert and all the other celebrity voices over the years.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Deathlove posted:

My guess is whomever Small had beef with at Turner because of Doomstar Requiem, they're long gone. Or, money talks!

I, personally, do not think another Metalocalypse season will be very good, but I am excited for the music. Gonna go listen to the new Cannibal Corpse album again now because it whips.

We've reached the point where every streaming service needs tons of original content so they are going through every IP they own to greenlight stuff that wouldn't have been looked at just a couple years ago.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Warbird posted:

poo poo yeah, I wonder if they’ll get budget enough for Colbert and all the other celebrity voices over the years.

I *need* closure for Brockiana, so fingers crossed for Kate, too.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
I loving KNEW IT! GO TEAM VENTURE!!

https://youtu.be/bYoI5mfR1-Y

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Hnnnnnnnngggggggggggg

I feel like it's sacrilege here in Team Venture Thread, but the other two are honestly the things I'm excited by most

Especially Metalocalypse. Who knows if it'll be any good or not but I always enjoyed the metaplot and was always so bummed out I wouldn't get to see how it ended

and more ATHF is just perfect, I wish they'd keep making it forever frankly

EDIT I guess it's cos VB hasn't been 'away' for as long as the other two

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

Warbird posted:

Seems like every recent adult streaming cartoon has celebrity voices now. With people able to record/stream from home more wide spread (more or less), it seems like an easy way for them to make some bucks.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

DogsInSpace! posted:

Yeah, this drove me nuts when they cancelled it because it seems like such a pointless number-crunchy capitalist thing to do -- like, obviously VB doesn't cost all that much to make, and I think it IS popular and profitable for them, it's just... not as profitable as some CEO thinks a theoretical other show might be. Just shut the gently caress up, give these TWO guys a decent salary, and let them produce their small-batch artisanal cartoons for us every few years.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Phenotype posted:

Yeah, this drove me nuts when they cancelled it because it seems like such a pointless number-crunchy capitalist thing to do -- like, obviously VB doesn't cost all that much to make, and I think it IS popular and profitable for them, it's just... not as profitable as some CEO thinks a theoretical other show might be. Just shut the gently caress up, give these TWO guys a decent salary, and let them produce their small-batch artisanal cartoons for us every few years.

They weren't canceled because of money. They were canceled because there is an exclusive contract with Hulu for new episodes of the television series The Venture Bros. that expires at some point in the future. Viacom wants all streaming on HBO Max. They cannot exclusively stream VB on HBO Max and had to give new episodes to Hulu. They did not want to. Hence the TV shows are canceled and now we get a movie.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Has anyone ripped the commentary to Mp3 yet? I'd like to listen to it podcast style, I get tripped up by moving pictures cuz of the ADHD n all. I have all the DVD's but my computer hasn't had a working dvd drive in like a decade. Probably from using it as a drink coaster.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
If a Metalocalypse tour could happen in conjunction with the movie that would be great.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I honestly think Colbert would do it for next to nothing if asked and he had the time.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Mr. Lobe posted:

Amen. I remember watching that at the time and it blew my mind. Perfectly captured Mignola's art style and the humour of BPRDverse. Just everything was top notch.

Also really made me want (and still want) a BPRD/Hellboy show. That last terrible movie must not be the end of Hellboy and BPRD. loving studio execs ruin everything.

Mr. Nice! posted:

They weren't canceled because of money. They were canceled because there is an exclusive contract with Hulu for new episodes of the television series The Venture Bros. that expires at some point in the future. Viacom wants all streaming on HBO Max. They cannot exclusively stream VB on HBO Max and had to give new episodes to Hulu. They did not want to. Hence the TV shows are canceled and now we get a movie.

Ahhh. So if Jackson and Doc came out with a show called Rusty Boys that featured all of the same cast could they get away with that? I still want more Venture Brother's with Monarch and Doc. Maybe something doesn't work out so the Monarch starts renting the basement of the Venture building. Still somehow both Rusty and the Monarch must sleep in bunk beds.

Consummate Professional posted:

If a Metalocalypse tour could happen in conjunction with the movie that would be great.
The could easily get some coffee company to be a sponsor.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think this movie is a really good sign that someone at Viacom wants to keep making Venture Bros and this is the stopgap until the Hulu situation is cleared up.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
this is fukken great. new Metalocalypse is the cherry on top.

i have the screw-on head pilot on disc, so good.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I saw elsewhere that they're releasing these to blurays? Hopefully that also means we can get the previous Metalpocalypse movie on bluray too.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Brendam please wrap up the Metalocalypse story I don't think it's gonna come back

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

oh my god it's happening

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Brendam please wrap up the Metalocalypse story I don't think it's gonna come back

he can't be dumb or conceited enough to try and draw it out even further, right?

....right?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm sure he'll do something dumb like make individual episodes that don't work as a movie just to spite Adult Swim.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Cojawfee posted:

I think this movie is a really good sign that someone at Viacom wants to keep making Venture Bros and this is the stopgap until the Hulu situation is cleared up.

If someone from Viacom wants to keep making Venture Brothers, they better start negotiations with AT&T.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.
I’m grateful for at least a movie but I really hope we get more.

In celebration (coincidence?) that Venture Bros/ Dril blog got Urbaniak to record a few Dril tweets in character.
Bloomin Onion: https://drilbros.tumblr.com/post/651011820994396160
I’m not owned: https://drilbros.tumblr.com/post/651012141270401024

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Wow. Money well spent!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Comrade Quack posted:

In celebration (coincidence?) that Venture Bros/ Dril blog got Urbaniak to record a few Dril tweets in character.

:lmao:

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Comrade Quack posted:

Fantastic

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Oh god I can’t wait for this movie. I hope they bring pretty much every character back even just for bit parts.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

deong posted:

Has anyone ripped the commentary to Mp3 yet? I'd like to listen to it podcast style, I get tripped up by moving pictures cuz of the ADHD n all. I have all the DVD's but my computer hasn't had a working dvd drive in like a decade. Probably from using it as a drink coaster.

also, if anyone knows of somehow to get the commentary tracks so I can add them to my plex that’d be great. I really don’t want to dig my dvds out of storage and hope they rip correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Comrade Quack posted:

I'm dying at the corn cob haha