Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Almost a whole episode's worth of fishing and fishing-related activities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The constant dread of Temple of Wisdom :allears:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Can't wait for them to find a way to beat the game without doing the temple of wisdom

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Vinylshadow posted:

Can't wait for them to find a way to beat the game without doing the temple of wisdom

Contrarily, I hope they get all the way to a puzzle they can't solve to get the final boss key, and then they realize they HAVE to go to the temple of wisdom to beat the game. Then it turns out it's beatable in 5 minutes.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Contrarily, I hope they get all the way to a puzzle they can't solve to get the final boss key, and then they realize they HAVE to go to the temple of wisdom to beat the game. Then it turns out it's beatable in 5 minutes.

Goku makes it to the final boss room, only to find a note from Patrick saying he's taken their princess to another temple

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I waited a long time to show that one off.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I still can't loving believe that interaction is actually coded into the game.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
What? ...What?! :psyduck:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

It is loving incredible that a 23 year old game still has surprising interactions in it.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Wait a second, is the "prototype weapon" around 13:20 meant to be a bombchu missile truck?

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

It's a loving Metal Gear!

Holy poo poo those ice arrows tho

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
This hack continues to surprise me.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

It makes sense if the blade traps act as enemies moving in a set pattern? OOT is three toddlers in a trenchcoat made of hope and wishes that can spontaneously combust or launch itself backwards at Mach 7, so why not have ice arrows do that

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I just got to video 37 and holy poo poo :allears:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

"Your security system tried to kill me!"

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
I didn’t even know that was in the game!

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.
THAT'S A LOT OF NUTS!

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Good thing we're nowhere near November, because even just carrying that much nut would get you arrested.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Obviously turning into a washing machine will have to wait for a Majora's Mask romhack.

N64 Leevers are just obnoxious.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Geemer posted:

Good thing we're nowhere near November, because even just carrying that much nut would get you arrested.

Not if you call it nonstop nut november :pervert:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Do the nut rules specify that you can't bring in pre-month nuts to get you through November?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I knew that the Arwing was in this game, but I didn't know it was actually coded to attack!

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

It is, I remember Artix's LP of OoT Chaos Mode where IIRC Arwings got randomly swapped in for the warp platform in the Temple of Time and/or in one of the Trials in Ganon's Tower.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

This is only vaguely related, but I have a friend in the Zelda modding sphere - and apparently Nimpize is getting a 1.1 version.

The game is getting, and I quote, "a large amount of bug fixes and grammatical fixes, added stuff for convenience (like added warp songs), chest manipulations, and other small stuff."

Thought you might like to know...

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016

Quackles posted:

chest manipulations

Hopefully, even more ice chests.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

it's literally a two note inversion, laaaaame.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Those loving leevers!!!

Looks like the Master of Time soundtrack was put back on youtube, so here's up catch-up post:

Pirate's Lair: Castlevania 64 - Menu
Space Link: Malmsteen Yngwie - Trilogy
Bomb Factory: Warhammer Shadow of the Horned Rat - Looking
Desert: Doom - Level 5
Light Temple: Asterix (Gameboy) - Egypt

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I'm way into the aesthetic of that first Light Temple room.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

C-Euro posted:

I'm way into the aesthetic of that first Light Temple room.
:same: And narrow twisting pathways over a bright bottomless pit fit the theme of a Light Temple surprisingly well.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
I am kinda starting to hate how much I like the game part of this romhack. Like the platforming is excessive and that looming threat of puzzle dungeon by a romhacker are not that great but the general design of things is actually really fun and creative looking enough to make me kinda into it, and then dialogue happens and I just sigh. Even the visual design of each area is really nice.

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Black Mage Knight posted:

I am kinda starting to hate how much I like the game part of this romhack. Like the platforming is excessive and that looming threat of puzzle dungeon by a romhacker are not that great but the general design of things is actually really fun and creative looking enough to make me kinda into it, and then dialogue happens and I just sigh. Even the visual design of each area is really nice.

I remember before his big break, Toby Fox made a young adult cringe as gently caress Earthbound hack.

This modder has genuine potential as a level designer, they just need to outgrow the teenage edge is all.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

This dude is a great game designer and a bad writer. Hook him up with a writer and an editor, I think he could make a fantastic few-person team for a great OOT/MM romhack

This has all the trappings of a bad OOT romhack with a brilliant shine in inventive game design. As far I as can see, he is even trying to make a flippable dungeon with just OOT resources

poorlywrittennovel
Oct 9, 2012

Honestly, the bad writing is kinda what makes this hack for me. You could have the most technically impressive game in the world, but if the plot is boring or bland, I'll just never get in to it. I'd love to see a polished version of this plot sure, but that's because the base concept is fine enough. It's the moments of batshit "what the gently caress, why" that elevate the whole experience though.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

poorlywrittennovel posted:

Honestly, the bad writing is kinda what makes this hack for me. You could have the most technically impressive game in the world, but if the plot is boring or bland, I'll just never get in to it. I'd love to see a polished version of this plot sure, but that's because the base concept is fine enough. It's the moments of batshit "what the gently caress, why" that elevate the whole experience though.

:same: the weird writing gives it a certain kind of charm for me. The only part that I can recall that felt like it was in bad taste was the Goron/Moblin "war". Everything else feels like it can be chalked up to English as a second language or verbiage that's out of place in the context of Zelda, and honestly I don't have a problem with those.

Basically, I think more guards should cuss. Being a guard probably sucks!

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 04:43 on May 17, 2021

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

C-Euro posted:

Being a guard probably sucks!

Especially if your friend got killed by loving leevers.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

C-Euro posted:

:same: the weird writing gives it a certain kind of charm for me. The only part that I can recall that felt like it was in bad taste was the Goron/Moblin "war". Everything else feels like it can be chalked up to English as a second language or verbiage that's out of place in the context of Zelda, and honestly I don't have a problem with those.
There are some genuinely interesting ideas in the plot, it's just that it keeps switching between badly-done edginess and actually pretty funny parody/randomness without rhyme or reason. There's been a few Dark Souls comparisons, and I think that style of environmental storytelling is what the hack is consciously going for, but there's ultimately not much story that the environments actually tell; for example, Lozan was a great area, but its backstory begins and ends with "was overrun by zombies for some reason". But the hacker definitely has a lot of potential.

Carpator Diei fucked around with this message at 11:58 on May 17, 2021

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, you can't reach the UFO without glitches like bomb-hovering. No, it is not just set dressing.

poorlywrittennovel posted:

Yeah, Abello is a seriously hosed-up place but I'm going to miss it once the LP's over.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i feel like the edginess works so long as it's used either for dark comedy and/or all the characters involved are desensitised or blasé about it. bad edginess is usually hyperfocused on violence or trauma, and the hack does indulge in that a bit with stuff like the goron genocide campaign, but when it tries to explore being just plain numb it actually manages to be interesting at times

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Sand, and sand-related activities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I'm digging the design of this temple so far.

The hover boots tightrope stuff doesn't seem too bad, what with the timer resetting the second you touch the rope again.
And I'm certain you were supposed to make a staircase initially, but then the hacker found out you can't climb those blocks and put in the ledge walkway.