Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

bill gaetz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
That loving ram, man, poor guy's so majestic, he looks like a terrestrial deity. :cry:

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

tokin opposition posted:

Speaking as an Arizonian by birth it is a cursed and dead land which can support hundreds, not tens upon tens of invading boomers and colonialists and no good will ever come from it's burning simulacra of Hell itself

Flagstaff, Tucson, Prescott, and that marsh between Havasu and Yuma

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Tubgoat posted:

That loving ram, man, poor guy's so majestic, he looks like a terrestrial deity. :cry:

had to shoot it before it breathed death upon him

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tubgoat posted:

It just looks like a sheep with horns

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/chief-executive-officer-pay-pandemic/?ftag=CNM-00-10aag7e

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

mandatory lesbian posted:

It just looks like a sheep with horns

what else is a terrestrial deity supposed to look like

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

World War Mammories posted:

I'm glad that dentist attacked and dethroned a god.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

glowing green nude woman

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

glowing green nude woman

Isn't that star trek or shrek

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

PathAsc posted:

Salvia, iirc? Multiple people reported seeing her, but I never did.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

PathAsc posted:

Star Shrek Voyogre

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

glowing green nude woman

keep going I’m almost there

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

I would assume being immortal is like, baseline for a diety.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
gods dying is a staple of religion :confused:
e: I mean aside from the gigantic glaring example of Jesus, it's a common thing in a lot of religions
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_or_departure_of_the_gods

Flesh Forge has issued a correction as of 23:43 on May 11, 2021

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

e: I mean aside from the gigantic glaring example of Jesus, it's a common thing in a lot of religions

I dont care none of this poo poo is real anyway

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

no, I know that there might be a god. first off nobody knows there's a god

Tomfoolery
Oct 8, 2004

Goddamn hunters killing a god for sport and not even creating the world with its corpse

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Flesh Forge posted:

maui was eaten by a fanged vagina

you might know him from disney's moana

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

maui was eaten by a fanged vagina

you might know him from disney's moana

i'm still mad they turned a story about a guy who died trying to give humans immortality into some lame poo poo about personal insecurity

it's like if you made an animated feature where the moral is "Prometheus was a pussy who should have given fire back to Zeus"

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i'm still mad they turned a story about a guy who died trying to give humans immortality into some lame poo poo about personal insecurity

it's like if you made an animated feature where the moral is "Prometheus was a pussy who should have given fire back to Zeus"

it's 100% about his dick lmfao

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Prometheus was a little bitch and if he’d stolen say guns instead of fire maybe he could have kicked Zeus’s rear end

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Cool save

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Stavvy Baby posted:

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

christmas boots posted:

Prometheus was a little bitch and if he’d stolen say guns instead of fire maybe he could have kicked Zeus’s rear end

I would have appreciated q lightning bolt or two.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

https://archive.ph/yqVYE

quote:

Opinion: As a CEO, I worry about the erosion of office culture with more remote work
While some employees might like to continue to work from home and pop in only when necessary, that presents executives with a tempting economic option the employees might not like. I estimate that about 20 percent of every office job is outside one’s core responsibilities — “extra.” It involves helping a colleague, mentoring more junior people, celebrating someone’s birthday — things that drive office culture. If the employee is rarely around to participate in those extras, management has a strong incentive to change their status to “contractor.” Instead of receiving a set salary, contractors are paid only for the work they do, either hourly or by appropriate output metrics. That would also mean not having to pay for health care, a 401(k) match and our share of FICA and Medicare taxes — benefits that in my company’s case add up roughly to an extra 15 percent of compensation. Not to mention the potential savings of reduced office space and extras such as bonuses and parking fees.

[...]

While remote working is certainly industry- and job-dependent, and the future employment scene will probably be some type of hybrid, the CEOs I have spoken with fear erosion of collaboration, creativity and culture. So although there might be some pains and anxiety going back into the office, the biggest benefit for workers may be simple job security. Remember something every manager knows: The hardest people to let go are the ones you know.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/07/business/washingtonian-staff-protests.html

quote:

Washingtonian staff protests C.E.O.’s article on remote work by refusing to publish.
Editorial staff members at Washingtonian are refusing to publish online on Friday after the D.C.-based magazine’s chief executive wrote an opinion piece about the future of remote work that generated an immediate backlash.

Cathy Merrill, the chief executive of Washingtonian Media, wrote in The Washington Post on Thursday that she was “concerned about the unfortunately common office worker who wants to continue working at home and just go into the office on occasion.”

Ms. Merrill wrote that by choosing to continue to work from home, employees are offering executives “a tempting economic option the employees might not like.”

Employees who are not in the office are not able to participate in what she called “extra” responsibilities, such as mentoring junior co-workers, helping a colleague, or celebrating a birthday, she explained, and managers may thus be less inclined to continue providing these workers with the status, and benefits, of being a full-time employee.

“If the employee is rarely around to participate in those extras, management has a strong incentive to change their status to ‘contractor,’” she wrote.

By doing so, she wrote, companies could save money by no longer having to pay for costs such as employee health care, retirement benefits, office space and parking fees.

:getin:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

imaginary friend is real and my friend

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Truga posted:

imaginary friend is real and my friend

The best description of Disco Elysium ever written

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ceos trash so what

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

ceos trash so what

strike about it

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cup Runneth Over posted:

strike about it

yeah, but there's still individual actions one can undertake as well.

openly bullying the rich and powerful has an effect on people. i mean, hell, ellen's quitting tv.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

says the person with the lain avatar

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

The Saucer Hovers posted:

says the person with the lain avatar

what the gently caress, man :mad:

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

hell, ellen's quitting tv.
Holy gently caress, that owns!

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
The only reason I don't have a lain avatar is because I already have a lain wallpaper

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tubgoat posted:

Holy gently caress, that owns!

couldn't have happened to a more-deserving piece of poo poo.

although it could have happened sooner, and it not being her decision at all but whatever good news that can be found is good news indeed.

FacelessVoid
Jul 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhk-iwmGBFI

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
well if it makes you feel better she's walking away with something like four hundred million of the american dollars

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flesh Forge posted:

well if it makes you feel better she's walking away with something like four hundred million of the american dollars

not really, i just hope she and george bush manage to sit next to each other when they're all burning in hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

You know you could save money on office space and parking fees if your employees are working from home.

Also toilet paper, water coolers, energy costs