Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Cisco Brewery is a great summer day trip from boston. Just avoid the rest of nantucket it's a horrible place full of assholes.

also true for the vineyard, just as a note

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Simone Magus posted:

Warm apple cider is deeply wrong

just to be clear, we're talking about soft cider, uncarbonated, usually spiced here

maybe you already know that but there's a been a ton of varieties of cider thrown around and many of them would be awkward hot

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Warm apple cider is good. Wassail is better.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

mutata posted:

Warm apple cider is good. Wassail is better.

:yeah:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I'm gonna try some of this "Golden State Cider - Mighty Dry"

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I looked it up and apparently soft cider is juice that hasn't had the small apple particulates filtered out, which explains the richer taste

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

haveblue posted:

it is actually a british thing, hard cider is way less popular in the states, although they keep trying to make it happen

This was one of the long-lasting effects of Prohibition. Applejack was one of the most popular liquors in America during the 18th and 19th centuries, Prohibition caused all the major producers to go into non-alcoholic juice and cider production which ended up being far more lucrative, and they never came back after it was repealed.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Alcohol is The D*vil's Speeding Ticket

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

cheetah7071 posted:

I drink cider because I don't like beer and cider is appropriate in all the same social contexts as beer

Yeah preach it

Cider's just got a great taste to it, pretty much all beer is gross and bitter

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

what about that "hard lemonade", is that still a thing

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

I like a good saison but some of the craftier ones get extremely funky with it

like, spontaneous fermentation is awesome but maybe a commercial product should not taste entirely like a damp barn

I have an unreasonable love of Belgian Lambic's, especially the fruit ones. :discourse:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think that market is most hard seltzers now, but Truly has done lemonades as well.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

My girlfriend and her mom are extremely into hard cider. I think my girlfriend has described her mom as "cider snob" before. Neither of them really like beer much but they've introduced me to a lot of really good ciders I'd never heard of.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Tree House is ~1 hour outside of Boston and is real nice and they have a gorgeous location. If you want to take a nice weekend trip I'd say to go up to Alchemist Beer and Hill's Farmstead waaaaaayyyy up in Vermont. Trillium in Boston proper and is really good. Honestly you can probably throw a rock and find a good brewery nowadays but those four are some of the tip-top brewers in the region.

Oh yeah, Alchemist! The first time I visited Boston with my girlfriend, we met some of her friends and I had some Heady Topper at their place. Still the best IPA I've ever had.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
*comes careening down the dirt track in my '32 ford, kicking up a huge dust cloud* did you knOW PROHIBITION KILLED THE CIder industry in america..!!!??? *leans out the car firing a Tommy gun at the pursuing police*

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

fridge corn posted:

*comes careening down the dirt track in my '32 ford, kicking up a huge dust cloud* did you knOW PROHIBITION KILLED THE CIder industry in america..!!!??? *leans out the car firing a Tommy gun at the pursuing police*

don't doxx me

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Hwurmp posted:

Alcohol is The D*vil's Speeding Ticket

Well then Satan take the wheel!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
If Persona 5 gets anymore sequels with more player characters then I hope they dig further into the famous criminal schtick and include some famous American criminals or at least give someone the persona Ned Kelly. They wouldn't have to change Ned much to make him fit.

Mostly I just want to see the persona devs adapt Ned Kelly.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I never liked beer. When I did still go to bars I mostly drank shots of tequila so I always drank something like Landshark or Corona with it since anything else tasted worse.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

cheetah7071 posted:

just to be clear, we're talking about soft cider, uncarbonated, usually spiced here

Ohhhhhh yeah that stuff is hecking rad

I thought we were talking about those weirdos that drink alcoholic cider warm, because they do exist!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I got two different kinds of ciders, will report back

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I got two different kinds of ciders, will report back

I'm excited for your ciderventure

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Simone Magus posted:

Just eat right before and after drinking

Jay Rust posted:

Drink water too

this is the first time i recall making that observation and people said something was wrong with me, but I reckon I mostly said that to service industry people or alcoholics or both, many of who were accustomed to bad shits for myriad reasons anyway.

i love drinking water and always drink a glass of water between drinks. i usually just drink whiskey and water because it tastes just like slightly dirty water mixed with cologne and never get "whiskey shits." i suppose is should eat a good, balanced, dairy-free diet for a few days and then drink a beer and see what's up or not.

the only alcohol i own currently are some "hard" root beers that are like, sickeningly sweet, much, much sweeter than any rootbeer I ever had. my fault for impulse buying a drink based on the premise of fulfilling its ever-misleading name.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
i keep a bottle of talisker around for occasions and i think feeling crappy and wanting to crawl back into bed for the rest of the day is as good an occasion as any

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
is there any way to play RUN LIKE HELL on modern stuff or do i have to rob someone of a ps2

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Weedle posted:

i have drunk 1-2 fat tires every day for the past like three years. would recommend

update: drinking one right now :discourse:

Weedle
May 31, 2006

verbal enema posted:

is there any way to play RUN LIKE HELL on modern stuff or do i have to rob someone of a ps2

seems like it emulates well https://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/RLH:_Run_Like_Hell

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What about a summer shandy

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

can i get a new professor

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Violen posted:

can i get a new professor

try sending an email to the department head

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

FirstAidKite posted:

If Persona 5 gets anymore sequels with more player characters then I hope they dig further into the famous criminal schtick and include some famous American criminals or at least give someone the persona Ned Kelly. They wouldn't have to change Ned much to make him fit.

Mostly I just want to see the persona devs adapt Ned Kelly.

Damo and Darren awaken to Ned Kelly and The Jolly Swagman to change the heart of the Centrelink Bloke so he won't cut off their payments. Then they decide running around beating up shadows for money is too strenuous and feel like he tricked them into getting a job after all so they go get some durries instead.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
‘Soft cider’? Isn’t that just apple juice?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Regarde Aduck posted:

no

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

If it's tangy and brown...

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

flush it down

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Regarde Aduck posted:

As mentioned before, Cider is like if you squashed a whole apple while Apple Juice is like if you just squeezed it for purely the liquidy part. Cider is much richer. Juice is lighter, and the flavor is different.

Cider with a little bit of cinnamon is just *chef kiss*

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

What's "applejack"

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What's "applejack"

not much whats applejack with you

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What's "applejack"

Alcoholic cider apparently

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/applejack

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:52 on May 13, 2021

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Its distilled alcoholic cider. It has the same relation to cider as whiskey does to beer, more or less

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Anyone have any reccs for good hard cider brands? All this chat is making me curious whether or not my default one (woodchuck) is all that good relatively speaking. Also, gonna go look for some applejack the next time I go beer shopping.

Also also, if anyone ever goes to Jamaica you should try the flavored Red Stripe beers (lemon and hibiscus) which should taste like rear end going by the description but defying all odds actually taste good?