Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
That is true.

but

those are animals that become more human like

when you put a human soul into an animal, the human dies, and you just have a cat, not a demon cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Sup nerds. If you're going through Chinagame withdrawl. This was made by the same folks who made Tale Of Wuxia, there is no official English translation, but there's a fanmade patch that works really well and is probably better than the original ToW translation. Go play it, and give the guy who made the patch some love on the forums. https://store.steampowered.com/app/952860/_Ho_Tu_Lo_Shu__The_Books_of_Dragon/

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Is it all turn based RPG tile combat? The large open world seems sandboxy enough for playing it for a few minutes, but if it's all turn based combat it just ain't gonna scratch that chinagame.exe itch.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

angerbeet posted:

Is it all turn based RPG tile combat? The large open world seems sandboxy enough for playing it for a few minutes, but if it's all turn based combat it just ain't gonna scratch that chinagame.exe itch.

Not tile combat, more of the freedom of movement warhammer style thing. But yeah, it's turn-based.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

I must note that if you are playing this game: under no circumstance should you play this game on a difficulty setting lower than hard. This is because a key mechanic: kicking the poo poo out of random people in the overworld is unavailable on any medium or lower difficulty levels. This is one of the primary ways to control you alignment and can lock you out of a lot of content.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Sooooooo... Age Of Wushu NA recently released the Ming Sect expansion.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Obey the laws of the flying eagle stronghold

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

SweetBro posted:

Sooooooo... Age Of Wushu NA recently released the Ming Sect expansion.

But why tho?

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Alright. Ima do it. Ima put on my hazmat suit and wade into this poo poo to answer the one and only question: Who the gently caress still plays this poo poo?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I have moved on.

Blood of steel is a fun game.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Third World Reagan posted:

I have moved on.

Blood of steel is a fun game.

Looks like Conqueror's Blade. Which is to say, a worse Kingdom Under Fire 2.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

SweetBro posted:

Looks like Conqueror's Blade. Which is to say, a worse Kingdom Under Fire 2.

This is true but closer to tiger knight.

It is like league of legends, world of tanks, and tiger knight had a child.

Grinding to get tokens or silver to get a hero is a pain. You can buy them with real money or do events.
All heroes work out of the box. Leveling them gets you 5% more hp and attack.
There is a shard or whatever league system which works on all your heroes.
Hero abilities are varied and unique to where they focus on different things.
Ranked has an option for each team to ban a hero. Always ban greeks.

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Nov 16, 2020

RainMaker
Oct 25, 2012

This is me every time you post.

SweetBro posted:

Alright. Ima do it. Ima put on my hazmat suit and wade into this poo poo to answer the one and only question: Who the gently caress still plays this poo poo?

Did you find an answer?

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Kinda. The game's population is actually pretty comparable to the lower population Chinese servers. Most people speak English, though there are also a lot of Russians in the morning. They didn't release a new server with the expansion, so most people are using the Spying -> 4th inner unlock as a shortcut to progression.

James Totes
Feb 17, 2011
A bit off-topic, but gently caress it I'll post in a dead thread for a dead game.

A new, poorly translated chinese Rimworld knock-off just released on steam called Amazing Cultivating Simulator, which is basically what happens when Age of Wushu meets Rimworld.

It hits every note this game did beyond the actual PVP so if you liked the sect stuff and school stuff check it out.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I think we had an earlier post about it.

I was helping with the official fan translation for a bit.

China will never understand how to do western style word wrap despite us having many sources for them to straight up copy.

Otherwise it is really good.

No one in my sect has a dick.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Been playing the idle game Wuxia World. It's not good but it's got a ton of weird translations. One time horse was mistranslated as BMW. Another time I got called a hairy boy for not having a high enough prestige to access something.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

In hindsight I was completely right about everything. Also Amazing Cultivating Simulator is great, farewell

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018
I tried this at launch, there was no invert mouse option. There was people on the forums actively fighting you for demanding if this could be possibly patched. Gems like this random response i just checked:

"In life, the strong learn to adapt to their surroundings, they don't ask their surrounding to adapt to them.
But these are just games, go play something else then, plenty of folks will enjoy AA regardless of any perceived shortcomings."

So yeah, perceived shortcomings, no invert mouse for the camera. Those kind of Arch-nerdy reactions were just mind boggingly stupid. Out of curiosity, did they ever patch it?

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Aster0ids posted:

I tried this at launch, there was no invert mouse option. There was people on the forums actively fighting you for demanding if this could be possibly patched. Gems like this random response i just checked:

"In life, the strong learn to adapt to their surroundings, they don't ask their surrounding to adapt to them.
But these are just games, go play something else then, plenty of folks will enjoy AA regardless of any perceived shortcomings."

So yeah, perceived shortcomings, no invert mouse for the camera. Those kind of Arch-nerdy reactions were just mind boggingly stupid. Out of curiosity, did they ever patch it?

just turn around your mouse lol

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1418100/Swords_of_Legends_Online/
anyone know anything about this one?

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Came up of my radar earlier today. Looked into it. I see no reason to play this over something like BDO. As far as I can tell it's just a standard MMO with no standout features that aren't just "be pretty".

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Yeah it just looks like a wuxia themed MMO on some sorta sub B&S level, not..you know. Chinagame.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Combat from what I can see looks like B&S with a Holy Tinity class design. The game itself is another theme park mmo as well but with no p2w bullshit expected (none in the Chinese version) I'll probably end up giving it a shot.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I want to believe

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Nothing will ever be Chinagame 2.0

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Age of Wushu 2 is coming any day now, I can taste the hanxiang

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Hy_C posted:

Combat from what I can see looks like B&S with a Holy Tinity class design. The game itself is another theme park mmo as well but with no p2w bullshit expected (none in the Chinese version) I'll probably end up giving it a shot.

If it actually is p2w free it might be fun to play for a month or so before it gets horribly squeezed until they shutter the game.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Hy_C posted:

Nothing will ever be Chinagame 2.0

Moonlight Blade tried.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Game has minigames

Rhythm
https://clips.twitch.tv/FragileThoughtfulInternBIRB-Z1odBEV7A29lMmdk

Overcooked
https://clips.twitch.tv/BoxyStupidPeachPeteZarollTie-aB5Dd1XYyHQxoAbX

A card game

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I have this burning desire for a game where the secrets are Gen 1 Pokemon rumors levels of obscure. A game where I get spawncamped and have to wait for my guild to turn the area around the respawn point into an all-out brawl. A game where my epic Bejeweled skills can yield crafting rewards. A game where dungeons have PvP as a boss gimmick. A game where I can puke on people to make them drunk or yank them off their ***ses with a chain. A game where I group up with friends in the woods to practice DDR and then groan because someone messed up (hopefully not me this time) and we have to do an extra round.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

It was a perfect storm and is never coming back.

It was more daring than most western games.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
More games need free-for-all murder fests over stall space.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Rynoto posted:

Remember that guy who got pissed at us because he thought he lost the bid on his stall, but actually won it?

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Rynoto posted:

I miss chucking a couple darts at random people and spending 20 minutes running away and cheesing dueling arenas with the one throw set

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Eagle claw dick punch forever. They didn't have the strongest sets but royal guard was hilarious.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Remember that guy who got pissed at us because he thought he lost the bid on his stall, but actually won it?

I think it was Hemlock

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

super sweet best pal posted:

I have this burning desire for a game where the secrets are Gen 1 Pokemon rumors levels of obscure. A game where I get spawncamped and have to wait for my guild to turn the area around the respawn point into an all-out brawl. A game where my epic Bejeweled skills can yield crafting rewards. A game where dungeons have PvP as a boss gimmick. A game where I can puke on people to make them drunk or yank them off their ***ses with a chain. A game where I group up with friends in the woods to practice DDR and then groan because someone messed up (hopefully not me this time) and we have to do an extra round.

On top of all that, I still miss getting the prompt to get teleported in as an "add" during a boss fight to gently caress up some pve nerds. AoE crowd control as a monk was so fun the rare time I got called up to bat as a boss minion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Schubalts posted:

Moonlight Blade tried.

Whatever happened to that? Did it ever get released in the west?