Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

beerinator posted:

Everyone is posting their Cinco de Mayo photos so here's mine. We made chicken tinga tortas on fresh baked telera rolls.

I wolf whistled and then said “Fuckkkkkkk” when I saw this pic, god drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I made simple black bean and chicken enchiladas last night. Sorry they're not pretty, but they were loving tasty

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Okonomiyaki

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Torquemada posted:

Okonomiyaki

Oh wow. Reminds me of hiroshima style okonomiyaki with loads of bacon and cabbage.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Beef n tater tots

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

toplitzin posted:

Beef n tater tots

You made a fine dining deconstructed version of tater tot hot dish. It looks delicious.

:hfive:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Are you insinuating that normally tater tot hot dish isn't fine dining? :colbert:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

For mother's day I tried making eggs Benedict with prosciutto. Tasted delicious, although the presentation was a bit meh. Never poached eggs before so was pretty happy with the runniness :).

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Casu Marzu posted:

Are you insinuating that normally tater tot hot dish isn't fine dining? :colbert:

No. That’s not me insinuating. That’s just a fact about TTHD. Doesn’t keep it from being delicious either way.

(It’s also still a casserole.)

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Phoned it in tonight

To the local pizza joint

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
As penance for being snarky about the tater tot hot dish.

I steamed a fish. It has now been completely devoured.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003
Pizza Night! This is a pork sausage and homemade giardiniara pie.

Easy-Bake Coven
Sep 18, 2006

B - E - H - A - V - E
never more

Fun Shoe
I made scrambled eggs with chèvre, fried mushroom and tomato, and baby lettuce. It was a bit of an experiment, but I thought it came out really well - the sour-sweet tomato and the bitter-greenness of the lettuce contrasted well with the earthiness of the mushrooms and cheese.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Prep for dinner, anchovy toast followed by pan fried John Dory with beer-battered zucchini flowers and homemade garlic kewpie.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Anchovy toast

Beer battered zucchini flowers

My favourite fish, John Dory

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

toplitzin posted:

Beef n tater tots

Was that from the Chef John's (from Foooooodwishes dot com) recipe? Looks delicious!

Mother's day dinner:

Lamb Potstickers from the Xian Famous Foods Cookbook. We made most of the skins way too thick, but have ordered some dowels for better rolling out of the dumpling skins. Also, it was originally going to be boiled dumplings, but I had so many of them that had dumpling filling leaking into the seam that I was not confident in them holding together in boiling water, so we did pan fry/steam instead.

Maangchi's Korean eggplant.

Another Xian Famous Foods recipe ... Spicy and Sour Carrot Salad. This was my favorite dish of the whole meal, but in the future I'd do it on a mandoline as I got a pretty good blister making (very unevenly sized) 16oz of carrot matchsticks with a cleaver for the recipe.

Ginger Beer Belly fucked around with this message at 06:40 on May 10, 2021

ogarza
Feb 25, 2009
Tacos gobernador

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Potato, cauliflower and carrot curry.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Post your lunch?

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Indian-spiced loch trout, onion and chilli bhaji, quick-fried broccoli florets, mint and coriander sauce.

Torquemada posted:

Potato, cauliflower and carrot curry.

Sup delicious Indian food buddy

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Cacio é pepe

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Anyone got a good recipe for a boneless leg o' lamb?

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Slow-Roasted Boneless Leg of Lamb

or use these flavors with the above if you don't have a puddle.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I made this one for Christmas, was very good!

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Mordja posted:

Anyone got a good recipe for a boneless leg o' lamb?

Made this about two weeks ago and it was awesome.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

Brinner time bitches

e: no

User Error fucked around with this message at 00:54 on May 12, 2021

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Okay this was an interesting one. A little while ago I heard about Tteokbokki for the first time, so I headed right for the Asian market and got the Korean rice cakes, gochujang paste, and gochugaru pepper flakes. I made the dish and my wife ended up not liking it at all. So I scrapped the recipe.

Tonight I decided to mess around with the idea a little bit and essentially made a curry using the gochujang and gochugaru. I used them the same way I’d use any other chili paste for a curry. Instead of rice, I used those Korean rice cakes. Then I just added whatever veggies I had in my fridge... carrots, corn, mango, and Swiss chard.

The whole thing was insanely good and my wife really enjoyed it. So, I’m glad the ingredients I picked up for failed Tteokbokki got repurposed. Will be buying more of those rice cakes because they are a nice change from regular rice or rice noodles.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
I mean no offense...but is that...boxed Mac and cheese, frozen bag vegetables, and frozen fish filets?

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
Boxed Mac n cheese is better than the "good" stuff

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Phil Moscowitz posted:

I mean no offense...but is that...boxed Mac and cheese, frozen bag vegetables, and frozen fish filets?

Yes, but not kraft.

Publix boxed Mac is supreme, and Wednesday nights are post gym low effort meals.

ogarza
Feb 25, 2009

User Error posted:

Boxed Mac n cheese is better than the "good" stuff

If by good stuff you mean cacio e pepe, then no, it is not :frogbon:

mystes
May 31, 2006

I like bechamel-based mac and cheese personally but I was never a fan of boxed mac and cheese.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
My kids devour the Annie’s stuff which means I eat it too. But I still prefer actual pasta al forno recipes.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Phil Moscowitz posted:

My kids devour the Annie’s stuff which means I eat it too. But I still prefer actual pasta al forno recipes.

I also have Annie’s periodically, not because I have kids but because I’m lazy

The white cheddar is good, better made with Greek yogurt than milk

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Get yourself some sodium citrate and make a cheese sauce with milk/sodium citrate/quality cheese. Takes maybe 5-10 minutes more than Kraft Mac and cheese but way better.

(Don’t get me wrong, I keep Kraft around for the kids. It’s a classic. But quality Mac and cheese is easy to make with the right ingredients)

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

ogarza posted:

If by good stuff you mean cacio e pepe, then no, it is not :frogbon:

Nah, by good stuff I mean Mac n cheese made from "actual cheese" and poo poo like that. Blue box or nothing, store brand even better.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Get yourself some sodium citrate and make a cheese sauce with milk/sodium citrate/quality cheese. Takes maybe 5-10 minutes more than Kraft Mac and cheese but way better.

(Don’t get me wrong, I keep Kraft around for the kids. It’s a classic. But quality Mac and cheese is easy to make with the right ingredients)

I have sodium citrate, sodium hexametaphosphate, evaporated milk, and a Vitamix.

Some nights IDGAF.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Looks like we got a bunch of Walter whites over here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
The online charade that no one eats like a normal person is so tiring to read.