Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
yeah it was much less weird than you'd fear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

i think he created a weaponless adept or engineer build that turned out to be a pretty slick way of playing the game if you wanted a fun challenge run?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Hes Carth Onasi so you better believe I'm murdering his whiny rear end

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

hard counter posted:

you're thinking of magimix (spl?), he still posts and he got in a few more me2 playthroughs before being done with it... iirc, altho he was much more about playing a wide variety of builds and using a broad array of different guns every me2 playthrough (including the odd lvl 1 playthroughs?), he still did the odd renegade run, he just didn't like the outcomes enough to repeat them

Same, I played each game through once as a renegade just to see what it was like and it just never really grabbed me. Maybe I'm just boring?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
I did take all the renegade interrupts though, those were great.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The ME2 Renegade interrupts are all fun action movie stuff, the ME3 Renegade interrupts are "jesus christ I'm a bad Shepard".

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

As a general rule, renegade dialogue choices are a crapshoot, renegade interrupts are always worth taking.

^^^^ I used both paragon and renegade interrupts when sparring with Vega, I like the dude but he needed to be taken down a peg.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Funky Valentine posted:

The ME2 Renegade interrupts are all fun action movie stuff, the ME3 Renegade interrupts are "jesus christ I'm a bad Shepard".

Casually pushing a lackey out the empty window of a skyscraper.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
I wonder will they track the data on how many people punch journalists this time around.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Pattonesque posted:

one could, if one was feeling very brave, draw a line from the ME3 endings to the election of Donald Trump

...How are you doing this? :stare:

Tirranek fucked around with this message at 02:11 on May 13, 2021

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Tirranek posted:

Gamers rose up my man

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Tirranek posted:

real quick:

1. ME3 endings cause Gamers to go completely bonkers
2. A lot of those same Gamers (some of the same youtubers IIRC, like that smudboy guy) go completely bonkers over Gamergate
3. Steve Bannon sees Gamergate as proof that young men online (Gamers) can be radicalized
4. Bannon mobilizes a lot of those young men in the campaign to get Donald Trump elected president

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Have reviews and stuff started dropping yet? Or are they embargoing it until Friday so early buyers can also be playtesters?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

Have reviews and stuff started dropping yet? Or are they embargoing it until Friday so early buyers can also be playtesters?

Nobody got review copies.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Thats not usually a good sign.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Apparently it's something to do with the day one patch.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Still, while I'm incredibly excited I refuse to preorder after Andromeda. And man the restrictions on reviews does make me nervous for it

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Nope.

EA.
Bioware.
No review copies.

This seems very much like a wait and see release.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
gotta wait until all the old mods catch up with it anyway

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

ME3's ending already led to Donald Trump. If ME:LE is a disaster . . .

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
Lots of folks have gotten the console versions early - lots of small issues with lighting or animation bugs but the Day 1 patch is not out yet which may fix them. Otherwise they are looking good.

PC, nobody has it yet as far as I can tell. Could be a mess, could be good.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Mayor Dave posted:

I did take all the renegade interrupts though, those were great.

i took a bunch of the obvious "you can ambush these clearly armed and hostile mercs and dipshits" or killings some shithead edgelord.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvPUhJt_WQs

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Do you think ea is braced for how many hot takes about mirandas rear end are inbound?

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i took a bunch of the obvious "you can ambush these clearly armed and hostile mercs and dipshits" or killings some shithead edgelord.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvPUhJt_WQs

LOL, I never knew he went on for that long since I always clicked the interrupt about .3 seconds after it showed up.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Rather than punch her, I always prefer to DESTROY the journalist with FACTS and LOGIC.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What are the odds you can no longer whack the reporter as male shep?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

DourCricket posted:

Lots of folks have gotten the console versions early - lots of small issues with lighting or animation bugs but the Day 1 patch is not out yet which may fix them. Otherwise they are looking good.

PC, nobody has it yet as far as I can tell. Could be a mess, could be good.

Lol this is a delayed remaster. Having this out a week early for reviewers should have been the easiest thing in the world to build hype. Not having the games out to reviewers right now is not comforting.

Still planning on getting this day 1. I just don't get why reviewers wouldn't have this to build hype unless there was something wrong.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 03:56 on May 13, 2021

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Gonna pretend I'm leaking footage of an advance copy to show how badly they hosed this up but its just completely unedited clips of trying to drive the mako up a hill in vanilla ME1

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

Bloody Pom posted:

As a general rule, renegade dialogue choices are a crapshoot, renegade interrupts are always worth taking.

^^^^ I used both paragon and renegade interrupts when sparring with Vega, I like the dude but he needed to be taken down a peg.

I remember Vega as the prick who would never stop doing pull-ups and tried to give his commanding officer a pet name. I told him my name was commander Shepherd and his name was Boot. Or something like that. He barely talked to me after.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Renegade bromancing Vega gives you the boxing QTE event which is legitimately a series high point

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Finally gave in and preordered on PS4.

If anyone was wondering, the digital copy can be played on PS4 tomorrow 11 pm (central)/9 pm (pacific).

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

Rather than punch her, I always prefer to DESTROY the journalist with FACTS and LOGIC.

I like the one where she tries to call out Shepard throwing away ships for the Council, and Shepard counters with the name of every single one and finishes with "and I remember them all."

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

https://youtu.be/IEpiBxMHUgE

Three minutes in.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
There's just no helping some people. Wait a few days until it's released and people have at least reviewed the thing to confirm that it won't make your computer explode before you give them your money.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Funky See Funky Do posted:

There's just no helping some people. Wait a few days until it's released and people have at least reviewed the thing to confirm that it won't make your computer explode before you give them your money.

[lower left red text] Shut up and take my money! [/lower left red text]

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
I only played ME3 once, so I never played the extended ending or citadel DLC. What does the extended ending actually add? Wondering if I should play it as normal or go with that mod that simplifies the ending and then has the citadel dlc act as the epilogue.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

I only played ME3 once, so I never played the extended ending or citadel DLC. What does the extended ending actually add? Wondering if I should play it as normal or go with that mod that simplifies the ending and then has the citadel dlc act as the epilogue.

Never played without the extended ending but I think it added more explanation/context so it wasn't just random beams of light, credits roll.

For what it's wroth, having only ever played with the extended ending I always thought the ending was "fine". Not great, not terrible.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

This has a pretty good list of what was added.
https://masseffect.fandom.com/wiki/Mass_Effect_3:_Extended_Cut

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I'd be fine if they took out punching the reporter. That was always really loving weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Pattonesque posted:

gotta wait until all the old mods catch up with it anyway

If you're at all interested on what a shitshow LE is going to be to mod/port mods to, Mgamerz, the dude who developed most of the currently-used ME modding tools, has been pulling the Legendary Edition files apart with help from the ME Modding Discord community and results have been predictably mixed. Time will tell if BioWare's promise to reach out to and teach key people how to mod Legendary Edition is anything but bullshit because Mgamerz would probably be the #1 person on that list to contact and he hasn't heard poo poo from anyone officially linked to BioWare yet.