Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Eggplant Squire posted:

I am convinced that wouldn't have mattered whatsoever. The same media that painted Biden as some kind of civil rights progressive could certainly have papered over that oopsie from Klob.

And the only reason Biden won was because of the pandemic. So, unless there's another covid-level shitstorm that Klob could blame on her opponent, I don't think she could win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1392565196250624001

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Ted is right.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If Biden’s platform was to destroy America I would vote for him

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Not after George Floyd.

speaking of which, let's see how that police reform bill is coming

https://twitter.com/ddayen/status/1392836779170963460

quote:

That negotiation was made substantially more difficult for Democrats after House whip, Congressional Black Caucus member, and top ranking Democrat Rep. Jim Clyburn (D-SC) went on the Sunday shows this past weekend and vocally pledged a willingness to give up on qualified immunity reforms entirely. Appearing on CNN’s State of the Union, Clyburn said, “If we don’t get qualified immunity now, then we will come back and try to get it later. But I don’t want to see us throw out a good bill because we can’t get a perfect bill.”

can't let perfect be the enemy of good
pass this first and we'll come back later and add all the good stuff

yeah baby, I love it when they play the hits!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Atrocious Joe posted:

maybe if MSNBC tells liberals to switch parties and vote for her in the GOP primary

She could get like 10% in a dem primary.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

I can’t believe joe biden closed all the chick fil as on sunday... it’s hosed up...

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
so does Jim clyburnn just hate black people

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

lol i remember hearing "voting for Biden is worth it for voting reform alone, they can pass HR 1 on Day One!" a lot during the lead up to the election

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Hearing about a lot of supply problems all over the place in a lot of different industries and gas is disappearing on the East Coast.

Is it all just falling apart fast now?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

so does Jim clyburnn just hate black people

how dare you. he hates the hoi polloi, black or not, because they weren't smart enough to get into the oppressing class like he was

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Cpt_Obvious posted:

And the only reason Biden won was because of the pandemic. So, unless there's another covid-level shitstorm that Klob could blame on her opponent, I don't think she could win.

watch there be some sort of cycle where all the inner ring suburbs raise property taxes due to covid effects and then kamala wins solely by blaming republicans for the salt tax cap. just a repeat of 2018 congressional

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

PostNouveau posted:

Hearing about a lot of supply problems all over the place in a lot of different industries and gas is disappearing on the East Coast.

the gas company got hacked by an image of a chick wearing chiefs gear labeled CANSas City

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

PostNouveau posted:

I don't think so.

I believe that a lot of this is just everything/everyone opening up again after being locked down for so long.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

mastershakeman posted:

the gas company got hacked by an image of a chick wearing chiefs gear labeled CANSas City

Oh, well then society definitely isn't falling apart that's just a normal Tuesday

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Ted is right.

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1392681636811132930

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

spacetoaster posted:

I don't think so.

I believe that a lot of this is just everything/everyone opening up again after being locked down for so long.

What? No, the gas pipeline was hacked and then state govs all declared states of emergency which caused people to hoard even more than they were. Christ I don't know how anyone can be online for more than like 4 seconds and not know that

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ted Cruz is in his element having a lovely Dem administration to snipe at

He was terrible as a cheerleader for a lovely GOP administration of course

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017

Nothus posted:

He's still out there, you just have to go to his dumb website

fallen to the level of the got guy

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Yeah supply chain has been hosed for months. Don't think I'm not noticing those empty shelves wawa.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Asproigerosis posted:

Yeah supply chain has been hosed for months. Don't think I'm not noticing those empty shelves wawa.

I'm trying to get some furniture right now and the lead times range from 2 to 7 months even if you aren't super picky about wanting a specific piece.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Lansdowne posted:

speaking of which, let's see how that police reform bill is coming

https://twitter.com/ddayen/status/1392836779170963460

can't let perfect be the enemy of good
pass this first and we'll come back later and add all the good stuff

yeah baby, I love it when they play the hits!

quote:

Clyburn’s comments, it seems, were not lost on Tim Scott. Less than a month ago, Scott indicated a willingness to reach some sort of compromise on qualified immunity, even as Democrats elsewhere were beginning to soften on it. But with Clyburn effectively negotiating with himself, and giving away the entire position on national television, Scott has dug in further. In a meeting between Bass, Booker, and Scott yesterday, Scott pledged that he was now “on the exact opposite side” of qualified immunity reforms.
lmfao

stellers bae
Feb 10, 2021

by Hand Knit
poo poo is absolutely weird now, we're talking about this in the doomsday economics thread but used cars are in some cases more expensive than new ones now. I have pending offers from Vroom and Carvana to buy my 1 year old 4Runner for more than I bought it for, with 17k hard miles on it.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

:wtc: is going on with DnD mods? Those ppl r hosed in the heads

7 days for accidentally posting in the wrong thread

30 days for calling out a dipshit

lmao
look at willa rogers' 30 days during the obama years it's nothing new for d&d lol
https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=75853

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
It's all those drat lazy welfare queens that don't want to work!

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Wamsutta posted:

hes such a useless piece of poo poo and it rules that in our moron country a guy can be a republican but indefinitely occupy a democrat seat. see also kyrsten sinema
manchin is a democrat. lieberman was a democrat.

they fulfill an important function of the democratic party kabuki theater.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

carvana will be revealed to be a huge money laundering operation somehow

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

qualified immunity is like citizens united. they are not "the problem", as in nothing would actually change if you got rid of them. the rich would just keep giving unlimited money to influence politics and the police would keep brutalizing the poor and oppressed while the courts look the other way because that's how the system is supposed to work. qualified immunity and citizens united were just legal codifications of the system working as intended.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

comedyblissoption posted:

manchin is a democrat. lieberman was a democrat.

they fulfill an important function of the democratic party kabuki theater.

lieberman was an independent during the obamacare fight

also he spoke at the RNC in 2008 and supported mccain. p sure he was a trump guy before 2020 too

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009

so, die

e: jk, it's been dead

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lieberman was an independent during the obamacare fight

also he spoke at the RNC in 2008 and supported mccain. p sure he was a trump guy before 2020 too
lieberman was the vice presidential candidate for al gore, lieberman caucused with the democrats and retained his democratic party chairmanship, and the only reason he ran independent was because he lost the democratic primary and still wanted to run and still got help from democrats

lieberman was a democrat dont give me this revisionist bullshit lmao

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Asproigerosis posted:

You can't get, like, wood right now. Like 2x4s. Basic poo poo like that has been getting harder and harder to come by for a while.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

is pepsi ok posted:

qualified immunity is like citizens united. they are not "the problem", as in nothing would actually change if you got rid of them. the rich would just keep giving unlimited money to influence politics and the police would keep brutalizing the poor and oppressed while the courts look the other way because that's how the system is supposed to work. qualified immunity and citizens united were just legal codifications of the system working as intended.

theres an assumption that 'accountability' will lead to rational acting police to behave differently than they are now. but the fact is that focusing on accountability means you've already lost and are just begging for scraps

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Yeah I heard about lumber being nonexistent because the source lumber distributors are hoarding. There is no shortage, they just aren't selling so they can skyrocket the price of essential timber and get fat stacks because nobody is going to stop them.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

comedyblissoption posted:

lieberman was the vice presidential candidate for al gore, lieberman caucused with the democrats and retained his democratic party chairmanship, and the only reason he ran independent was because he lost the democratic primary and still wanted to run and still got help from democrats

lieberman was a democrat dont give me this revisionist bullshit lmao

that speaks more badly to al gore than anything else tho

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
lollin at how liberals short circuit on votebluenomatterwho and the economy lately

"Joe Biden created the most jobs in history! Bigger number than ever!"
"He inherited a massive recovery."
"What? No he didn't! He inherited the worst economy since the great depression! The recovery is while he is president!!!"
"So when the economy poo poo the bed in 2009 that was Obama's fault because he was the president at the time?"
"No! He inherited a recession!"

No shame from these people. And no I'm not saying Trump was personally responsible for the recovery just that unprecedented drops in the economy with temporary layoffs was always going to result in a "Boom" when some of those historic job losses were reversed. This isn't even a complex semantics argument. There was a disease so we shut the economy down which made number go down. After a year when vaccines start spreading we opened up the economy so number goes up. Joe Biden didn't create poo poo and has done nothing but mumble about regressive center-right policies.

I would say that rushing out to take credit for the dead cat bounce in the middle of a multi-year economic collapse means they can't blame Trump for the real crash that is coming but who am I kidding. There are probably Huffpo articles already written waiting to be published the microsecond we lose more jobs than we create in a week or whatever. "WHY TRUMP CAUSED 2020-2024 TO BE TERRIBLE" as the doddering rapist bombs civilians and hands trillions of dollars to the healthcare industry.

This stupid son of a bitch is whining about unemployment payments being abused yet is somehow also The Ur Job Creator. We were destined to receive the benevolence of his amazing economic boosting powers.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1392866621987848194?s=19

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

clyburn strikes again man this dude sucks, won’t even allow the most meager tepid reforms

https://twitter.com/alex_sammon/status/1392849013985132545?s=21

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
oh yeah here it is, this guy is for sure a democrat

https://twitter.com/funder/status/866633087576412161

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
joe LIEbarman