Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Timotheous Venture posted:

If you legit have clown feet the Adidas Tommy Cash shoes might be out there somewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

If you legit have clown feet the Adidas Simpsons Squishee shoes are still in stock in men's sizes 16, 17, 18, and 19.

https://www.adidas.com/us/superstar-the-simpsons-squishee-shoes/H05789.html

LOL

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

THF13 posted:

For the crosstrek specifically I would look at the Husky floor mats which are very similar but did a better job in my 2017 Impreza of covering the dead pedal.

Oh, to dream of a dead pedal area.

I got a 6-speed, so no concern there, ha.

But I'll look at Husky brand if these ever start to wear out/not fit right/get ruined.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Lol what the christ are those things

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Lol what the christ are those things

"art"

"fashion"

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
All sneakers look like Kmart shoes to me and I think you all would look really cool in them.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read

Vostok Amphibia came in from Russia much earlier than expected. Got some nato straps on order but the silicone one it came with is nice enough.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

If you legit have clown feet the Adidas Simpsons Squishee shoes are still in stock in men's sizes 16, 17, 18, and 19.

https://www.adidas.com/us/superstar-the-simpsons-squishee-shoes/H05789.html

14.5 EE is my size for most brands. I'm now sad because those are baller and they don't have 14.5.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Aramek posted:

All sneakers look like Kmart shoes to me and I think you all would look really cool in them.

You’ve very cool

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Spring Heeled Jack posted:

Vostok Amphibia came in from Russia much earlier than expected. Got some nato straps on order but the silicone one it came with is nice enough.

Won't those clash? Russia isn't even in nato.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Pod Go guitar processor

The amount of amplifiers and effects it has is crazy. Sound modeling has advanced a lot.
It sounds so close to the real deal. I’ve got it connected to two small practice amps for true stereo effects.
It’s got all of what most guitarists need from the line 6 helix, for a third of the price.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
I bought dirt, a whole carload of it.

And then I made a second trip and got more dirt, and now my back hurts. But the container garden is happy!

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
You got ripped off, you can just get dirt from the ground literally anywhere

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Magic Underwear posted:

Yeah, but that's fancy store-bought dirt. That stuff is loaded with nutrients.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Magic Underwear posted:

I tried that last year and my container plants looked like they were doing great but never put out any veggies (although that could’ve also been the types of plants I put in the containers)

But I’m also just plum out of places to dig dirt from, and the only spots I have left to gently caress with are just straight up clay or chock full of pea gravel from an alleyway a hundred years ago

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

A ticket to see Porter Robinson in Houston in November.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGrhyOtikQ0

This will be my first show in almost 2 years!!!

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Booked a hotel and bought tickets for Universal next month, haven't been on a proper vacation in ages and my 9 year old is hyped to ride a rollercoaster.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
during a discussion of absurdly inappropriate marketing pushes towards kids, I was reminded of the Aliens toy line from the early 90s that had a bunch of weird play-action aliens like the Snake Alien, Bull Alien, Scorpion Alien, etc. I remember getting a bunch of them and the Evac Fighter for christmas one year. I also remember finding that evac fighter later on in life, and converting it into a Thunderhawk Gunship for warhammer 40k because there was no way a kid like me was going to be able to afford the real one and so I had to make do somehow. And then I sold it and forgot about it until now.

Well, turns out they're dirt loving cheap, even the MISB ones, and so now I once again own a shiny new Evac Fighter.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

My wife and I just booked an Airbnb in Reykjavik for August. It'll be nice to travel again. I've got to fly out at the end of this month for work, but she'll be joining me at the end of my expedition. It'll be our first trip since late 2019, which feels like ages ago now. Gonna look at a volcano and ride a fat pony and get a new tattoo.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Ray Kaveek!

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

https://twitter.com/iam8bit/status/1370442803335946240

I don't usually buy game soundtracks, but for this one? Oh, I'll definitely make it the background soundtrack of my quiet moments, long into the future. If I were just a little less sensible, maybe I would spring for the batshit Limited Edition, but I'm not. I'll not be getting the marvel of vinyl jacket engineering that apparently requires 3 people to open and brought professionals to tears. Maybe someone in this thread will, however.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

I recently got a video camera, so I ordered some gear for it:

- Fill light
- UV filter
- U-grip
- Green screen
- Lightbox
- Turntable

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

ReidRansom posted:

My wife and I just booked an Airbnb in Reykjavik for August. It'll be nice to travel again. I've got to fly out at the end of this month for work, but she'll be joining me at the end of my expedition. It'll be our first trip since late 2019, which feels like ages ago now. Gonna look at a volcano and ride a fat pony and get a new tattoo.

Protip for Iceland if it’s your first time:
Spend no more than a day in Reykjavik and spend the rest driving the ring road as far from Reykjavik as possible.

Also make all of your meals just hot dogs you buy from gas stations or just make spaghetti from a grocery store unless you want to pay $30 for the most mediocre panini of your life for every meal

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

SgtScruffy posted:

Spend no more than a day in Reykjavik and spend the rest driving the ring road as far from Reykjavik as possible.

Also make all of your meals just hot dogs you buy from gas stations or just make spaghetti from a grocery store unless you want to pay $30 for the most mediocre panini of your life for every meal

I had an 8 hour layover in iceland in which I did the ring in a rental car and honestly it felt like enough

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Not a Children posted:

I had an 8 hour layover in iceland in which I did the ring in a rental car and honestly it felt like enough

That’s the Golden Circle, which are a few big attractions right near Reykjavik. the ring is a road that goes around the whole country. 8 hours is good (hell four is) for the golden circle but for Iceland you’ll drive the ring road with the target of seeing a waterfall that’s 45 minutes away but it’ll take you an hour and a half to get there because you’ll stop like three times on the way just to marvel at random gorgeous scenery.

Staying more than a day in Reykjavik would be like going to Yellowstone and spending the entire time in the visitors section because it has neat exhibits and telling everyone you don’t see why everyone says it’s so beautiful

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat

SgtScruffy posted:

This is correct. There’s a beautiful glacier lagoon on the south end and some of the best sushi I’ve ever eaten at Nord Astur in Seyðisfjörður if you end up doing the full loop. The whole drive is amazing, you won’t believe how much the terrain can change over short distances.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

ReidRansom posted:

There is some fantastic diving, both inland and ocean too, but seconding the hot dogs.

Also, there is a penis museum in Reykjavik if you're so inclined.

Dr. Kayak Paddle has a new favorite as of 07:00 on May 20, 2021

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Yeah Bill Clinton's favourite hot dogs deffo lived up to the hype.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
One of these, my old clippers gave up, heard these where good. We'll see.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Another $75 moped, and then a $20 petcock and some evapo-rust to get the tank cleaned.

And then we spent an hour with a Brillo pad to shine it up

Before and after:

https://youtu.be/ewlhnwzp0iE

https://youtu.be/r_s9F1eln6g

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
My granddad used to ride around on those kinds of mopeds with pedals.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
drat, where do you find mopeds that cheap? Around me, even just a frame with no engine goes for over $100, easily. If it runs, or can easily get running with a few hours of work, you're probably breaking the $500 mark.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

His Divine Shadow posted:

My granddad used to ride around on those kinds of mopeds with pedals.

Isn't pedals what makes it a moped?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Originally and I think still as defined by law in some places but not as the term is currently commonly used?

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Motorized, pedals. Moped.

Seems to check out.

mystes
May 31, 2006

I think most americans just mean a motor scooter like a vespa or something when they say "moped" now.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

mystes posted:

Originally and I think still as defined by law in some places but not as the term is currently commonly used?

Yeah this would be a moped to me, these where real popular when I was a teenager. Still are I think, though scooters are really popular now too.

I had one of these though

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

DrBouvenstein posted:

drat, where do you find mopeds that cheap? Around me, even just a frame with no engine goes for over $100, easily. If it runs, or can easily get running with a few hours of work, you're probably breaking the $500 mark.

Got it from a friend. People know my son and I are the “moped guys” so they always direct us to any they find. In this color and condition after getting it running, I’d think this Mobylette is worth probably $750 or so. My friend claims he has the original MA title at home as well so if he finds that it will bring the value up a bit as well.

mystes posted:

I think most americans just mean a motor scooter like a vespa or something when they say "moped" now.

Yeah originally moped meant it specifically had to have pedals but the vernacular now also includes other 50cc scooters like the Honda Express which doesn’t have pedals but looks like a moped in every other way.

For registration as a moped in my state it has to have pedals.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

My desktop keeps powering off at random times, hoping this new power supply fixes the issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Well if nothing else at least you can show support for LGBTQIAA+