Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
THE BEST MAN VS DARBY 71 56.35%
BUCKS VS SCU 40 31.75%
NAGATA VS MOX 14 11.11%
OC VS PAC 1 0.79%
Total: 126 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I live in a multicultural and multifaith household and the easiest way to navigate identity issues is not to. Just treat people how you'd like to be treated. if you're defining characteristic is your whiteness or your blackness, read a fuckin book or something. There's way more to you than just the historical baggage you inherited.

Cody trying to score woke points in the middle of a jingoistic tirade was baffling but w/e its america, this whole place can't decide to riot or orgy at any given moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Here's the thing about Wild Thing as an entrance theme: It's the flute later in the song. Mox is pacing around, looking like a rabid dog, ready to kill somebody, then there is a loving flute in the background.

A theme needs to have no flute at all or be entirely flute-based; no in between.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I hope The Guv'nor Anthony Ogogo punches America in the liver.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

enigmahfc posted:

Here's the thing about Wild Thing as an entrance theme: It's the flute later in the song. Mox is pacing around, looking like a rabid dog, ready to kill somebody, then there is a loving flute in the background.

A theme needs to have no flute at all or be entirely flute-based; no in between.

Does anyone use Jethro Tull as an entrance

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Pylons posted:

Locomotive Breath would be a SICK entrance

VVVVVV
why didn't I watch wrestling from 2002 to 2020

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pylons posted:

Ring of Honor used to use Locomotive Breath at their live events to open the show.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Ogogo punches Cody, Cody goes down, Ogogo gets the pin, then...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1iMJNYHe1I

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

Ring of Honor used to use Locomotive Breath at their live events to open the show.

Cary is a huge Jethro Tull fan and friendly with them on some level.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I cannot loving wait for the Miro TNT title defences

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

enigmahfc posted:

the flute part makes me think of the part of a war movie where the dialogue stops and the bombs start dropping, so it fits for me. like the war bit of forrest gump or something. it's a weird association in my brain but im happy it's there.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Maybe tony has become deranged and is going to buy mox a new song every week so we never know its him coming out

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I cannot loving wait for the Miro TNT title defences

Whoever ends up getting the belt off him is going to get such a push from it (Cody, it'll be Cody)

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Rarity posted:

Whoever ends up getting the belt off him is going to get such a push from it (Cody, it'll be Cody)

It'll be Christian. Next week.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

enigmahfc posted:

It'll be Christian. Next week.

Christian vs Sydal next week.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
I had a weird dream where people were complaining that Darby retained the TNT title due to "Susan's advantage"

How does this relate to Cody's promo?

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

enigmahfc posted:

It'll be Lance Archer. Next week.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I want the Miro title run gimmick to be that he keeps up the Cody/Darby pace but never really breaks down like they did

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

-I liked Nagata vs Mox, it was a match of respect between both and I'm glad I've seen Nagata in action even if he is old.

-Really liked SCU vs Bucks minus the Good Brothers being there. The match was good enough and holy poo poo Kaz and CD are still great. Kaz is still on great shape and has an amazing moveset and resources for about any kind of match.

-It sucks that OC got injured on what it was for sure a great match, the guy carried as long as he could and felt weird, but I guess they fixed the outcome. I hope he is fine and we can see another proper PAC vs OC again.

And then TNT tittle: :stare: That's how you book a monster. Darby used EVERYTHING that worked against previous adversaries. Nothing worked and jesus, Miro is such a scary guy when unhinged. Sorry Darby but I was rooting for the BEST MAN (and for 10, JD... :mmmhmm:).

Good show, with its lowest point being OC's injury :(

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I can't imagine anyone but Darby beating Miro, maybe at All Out in an I Quit match.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

MassRafTer posted:

I can't imagine anyone but Darby beating Miro, maybe at All Out in an I Quit match.

john silver takes him down after returning from injury

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Darby's gonna be occupied and Miro will get some heat by refusing to defend each week(and he'll throw Schiavone or Marvez around if they compare him to Kenny Omega)

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I feel Cody was trying to cut a promo like his daddy did on Nikita Kolov.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

I could see Jungle Boy outsmarting him and barely getting a victory.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/orangecassidy/status/1392886110511157259?s=20

OC at least tweeting like he's okay enough to do the PPV

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

coconono posted:

Darby's gonna be occupied and Miro will get some heat by refusing to defend each week(and he'll throw Schiavone or Marvez around if they compare him to Kenny Omega)

Miro doesn't seem like the kind of guy who'd refuse a title defence

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I want whoever beats Miro to be at least 5-7 guys in. I want a bunch of great beastly matches. Archer, obviously, but then throw Luchasaurus at him. Give Bear Bronson a go. Run a string of high fliers like Sydal and Martin, throw Angelico in there
There's so much possibility.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Lamuella posted:

I want whoever beats Miro to be at least 5-7 guys in. I want a bunch of great beastly matches. Archer, obviously, but then throw Luchasaurus at him. Give Bear Bronson a go. Run a string of high fliers like Sydal and Martin, throw Angelico in there

Charles

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

Also the first few matches should run a couple of minutes tops. Feed him a Matt Sydal or a Joey Janela to smash into pieces

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pylons posted:

I could see Jungle Boy outsmarting him and barely getting a victory.

Jungle Boy, Orange or Silver beating Darby like this in a babyface match seems like the way to end a shorter second Darby reign. Darby passing out in a hold just makes the rematch inevitable, and to heighten the stakes I Quit feels right, and one Darby can't lose. Could very well be wrong!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

At least they can throw Darby into a pool of ice and give him a rest. The guy was getting bumped everywhere week after week and he needs to heal up.

(and I passed my first :toxx: ever too!)

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I sort of feel like a good general rule is that after someone either takes a horrendous beating like Darby did or gets chucked off a cage like Jericho was... you leave them off the next taping. Just a couple of weeks where it becomes normal for them to not be there, just to sell how battered they can get.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

The pinballing tope was so fuckin epic my god what a match

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I want to see Hangman duck Omega again and use his top contender status to try beating Miro instead, only to fail in a massive battle. Keep Hangman away from Omega but still let him compete for a belt. Then at his lowest he can begin his redemption tour beating PAC, Jericho, and then Omega.

Idk if I'd wanna see Cody/Darby take the TNT belt again for a long while so if they want to do a David and Goliath match, put Jungle Boy or Jack Evans in there.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

tao of lmao posted:

Darby gets a lot of momentum and throws himself so hard. It's amazing to watch and while I wanted him to lose against a bunch on his defenses, the guy is amazing at being reckless.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

tao of lmao posted:

I missed the start of the match because I had to pause and my DVR hosed up so I missed the tope live. When I saw it on twitter in a gif I just assumed it was a fan edit or something because it just looks so unreal.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

tao of lmao posted:

It got an audible gasp from me, so loving good. I miss seeing Darby throw himself into poo poo while I'm in the same room.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I'm super excited for the buildup for the 3-way. Once Kenny realizes he doesn't need to get pinned to lose the title he's gonna FREAK.

Jonny Nox fucked around with this message at 20:31 on May 13, 2021

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cody is a heel, that was a heel promo, if you liked it you're a heel too

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Is this how Dave always sounds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

cams posted:

cody is a heel, that was a heel promo, if you liked it you're a heel too
The thing is, I actually kind of get the idea behind Cody's promo, in that he was cutting a Dusty Rhodes-esque promo about how far we've come since Dusty was the man. In that way it succeeded, but it was still rambly as hell, and Dusty's hard-working American ethos doesn't really work in 2021's climate. The feud is about the warring sides of a faction split, not "Cody solves racism".

BodyMassageMachine posted:

MK 2021 movie spoilers:

Cody will win through his golden chest arcana manifesting mid match. Brandi will also hit Ogogo with a car at one point.
If Lucha Underground was still going, I have no doubt they would've done a literal Mortal Kombat cross-promotion for the new movie. Sub-Zero showing up and straight murdering the Reptile Tribe is the kind of content I want in my wrestling. Scorpion and Penta could also tag as ninja skeleton boys.