Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I dont think this has shown up here yet, so enjoy:

https://youtu.be/DqgRP5_YKu0

I think this being published on an official IGN channel may have had something to do with the negative opinions towards IGN way back when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blorange
Jan 31, 2007

A wizard did it

8one6 posted:

They want to avoid any "my face is tired" style memes in the first few days just incase they missed anything.

This is not speculation. There were calls inside EA to make future games "meme proof" (can't remember the exact wording) after Andromeda.

Oh god what have they done to Marauder Shields :stonk:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Any kind of real remake of the Trilogy would be insanely loving expensive to do right

Like, to literally bring ME1 up to the level of a Red Dead 2 or Horizon, not just in graphical fidelity but design, presentation, etc?? At that point the question is "why aren't you just making a good ME4 with all that money

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
I would not want the Bioware of today remaking Mass Effect.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I want more other developers to make big games that are more strongly inspired by Mass Effect.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Buy the original trilogy, get ALOT, mod a bunch and enjoy. I saved you £55.
yeah let me remind you that just the DLC for mass effect 3 currently costs half of the price of LE

https://www.origin.com/fin/en-us/store/mass-effect/mass-effect-3/addon/mass-effect-3-dlc-bundle

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Oh. I got it on a sale for bugger all. Wait for a sale. Or buy the base game only and get all the free MPDLC and we'll play a few :)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Amppelix posted:

yeah let me remind you that just the DLC for mass effect 3 currently costs half of the price of LE

https://www.origin.com/fin/en-us/store/mass-effect/mass-effect-3/addon/mass-effect-3-dlc-bundle

So many people are going to use Javik for the first time and be shocked he wasn't included with the game.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Spacebump posted:

So many people are going to use Javik for the first time and be shocked he wasn't included with the game.

I have beat one and two several times but never played through three. Stoked.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

GhostDog posted:

I want Mass Effect: Dark Alliance

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

I am excited to play through the mass effect games again

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Use Javik as often as possible. Go to Eden Prime as soon as you can to get him.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Agreed.

It always felt like he was going to be included in the game and then they decided to chop him out for day 1 dlc.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

They did. He was the Catalyst.

Dark Channel is insanely good.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Been playing through Andromeda since I picked it up for pennies, and honestly so far it's not been as bad as people love to say it is. It has its flaws, and many of them (the sameface aliens are jarring as hell) but I'm enjoying the combat a lot.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Javik is one of the few party members in an RPG where I can't even imagine not keeping him always in. Every line is just dripping with such condescension for everything and everyone it was just a constant thrill of waiting for him to interject. There's no one else I can imagine being anywhere as entertaining as one of the two possible party members.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

pentyne posted:

Javik is one of the few party members in an RPG where I can't even imagine not keeping him always in. Every line is just dripping with such condescension for everything and everyone it was just a constant thrill of waiting for him to interject. There's no one else I can imagine being anywhere as entertaining as one of the two possible party members.

But what if Vega could do more pull ups?

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Just put me in a javik pod for the next 4 hours

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

how the hell do you make something meme proof

are we now living in the metal gear solid universe

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

hard counter posted:

how the hell do you make something meme proof

By making it good

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I think this being published on an official IGN channel may have had something to do with the negative opinions towards IGN way back when

Two absolute shitheads.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

.....am I the second one?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

.....am I the second one?

Of course not! It was that other guy they clipped in the video. YouTuber man.

Moriarty is shithead #1 though.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

This stuff is dire lol

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Oh. I only remembered one person being in it. Though on sitting through the first few seconds, he hated the ending to Rosemary's Baby so he's even dumber than I remember

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Bloody Pom posted:

Been playing through Andromeda since I picked it up for pennies, and honestly so far it's not been as bad as people love to say it is. It has its flaws, and many of them (the sameface aliens are jarring as hell) but I'm enjoying the combat a lot.

This is how I felt for the first 10 hours or so, then I just noped out

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

early drafts had Emily Wong teaming up with Thane to expose Cerberus operations against refugees, so I don't think she was ever intended to be the Normandy reporter - that was probably invented whole cloth for the IGN tie in

I also don't think the idea EA/Bioware wrote an IGN reporter into the game for commercial benefit on both sides is that chuddy. that's just capitalism, and it happened with several different developers, and for that matter it happens with all kinds of industries with all kinds of media. it's weird to single it out (with misogynistic undertones) like it never happened before or elsewhere, but I think we can assume Diana Allers wasn't included in the game for artistic merit

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

Spacebump posted:

It was EA i'm surprised garrus wasn't paid DLC

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Lt. Danger posted:

that's just capitalism, and it happened with several different developers, and for that matter it happens with all kinds of industries with all kinds of media. it's weird to single it out (with misogynistic undertones) like it never happened before or elsewhere

friend, why would the mass effect thread talk about all these other instances of sketchy quid pro quo, either within this industry generally or in other unrelated industries, in any kind of detail?

i imagine the mass effect thread would have its focus on sketchy quid pro quo as it relates to this franchise

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

8one6 posted:

They want to avoid any "my face is tired" style memes in the first few days just incase they missed anything.

This is not speculation. There were calls inside EA to make future games "meme proof" (can't remember the exact wording) after Andromeda.
You're half-correct, it was actually BW who used the term unmemeable. IIRC it was Casey Hudson himself. The joke here is that this was in regards to Anthem. I guess they sort of succeeded because that game flopped so hard nobody even bothered to make memes for it.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
The idea that they gave one of IGN's on screen personalities a cameo as a side character in the game to secure a favourable review is beyond inane when the game has a metacritic score of like 94

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

GhostDog posted:

Oof, actually yeah, I did not consider this. lol.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I'm looking forward to doing the trilogy. I managed to play the first two on different platforms, and never played 3, so I never got to take one Shep through the whole trilogy.

Anything other than "Get Javik from Eden Prime ASAP" I should know (without spoilers)?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I'm looking forward to doing the trilogy. I managed to play the first two on different platforms, and never played 3, so I never got to take one Shep through the whole trilogy.

Anything other than "Get Javik from Eden Prime ASAP" I should know (without spoilers)?
They ditch the traditional P/R in 3, you just need to talk to people and once your reputation or whatever is high enough you can pick whatever response you'd like w/o locking yourself out of future content. It's a good change. Also play a Vanguard in 3 at least once.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Game runs really well on PS5. You can skip conversations in elevators now.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
I know I'm going to play an Adept in 1 and a Vanguard in 3, but what's a fun class for 2? I've heard that Sentinel, Engineer and Infiltrator are all good, but can't decide between them.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Someone said that unlocking bonus powers in the first game require you to finish the game on top of the achievement. Can anyone confirm that?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Theotus posted:

Someone said that unlocking bonus powers in the first game require you to finish the game on top of the achievement. Can anyone confirm that?

Obviously I’m misremembering, but that wasn’t always the case?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Rinkles posted:

Obviously I’m misremembering, but that wasn’t always the case?

No, you could unlock the achievements on character A, then start a new character and they'd have access to the power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

I know I'm going to play an Adept in 1 and a Vanguard in 3, but what's a fun class for 2? I've heard that Sentinel, Engineer and Infiltrator are all good, but can't decide between them.

I'd start with Infiltrator.