Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

NienNunb posted:

I have no posting enemies just people who aren't my friends yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

tao of lmao posted:

Why would i report a post that breaks no rules?

If you think a post is bad, and you can in any way articulate why (or if it seems obvious to you, needing no explanation), please report the post.

If you think people keep making bad posts of some kind that do not break a rule, post here and suggest a rule that solves the problem, or make a new thread with an OP rule not to do the thing you dislike. Or, and I know this might seem like a totally weird thing to do on a discussion forum, but perhaps discuss your issues with fellow posters in a clearly communicated way, perhaps letting them know that something is bothering you, and figure out a way to resolve it? Worth a shot.

Whatever thread you're planning on making in the proposed imp zone? Again, :justpost: it.

But you went off and made a QCS thread about splitting the forum without talking to almost anyone here, without bringing your issues up to anyone in any way and really, without being able to point to any examples of the posting that bothers you, except for 1 isolated thread.

You might turn out to be right about your original point but the manner you went about asking for it is harming your case.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

surely the way to a more relaxed atmosphere is multiple threads with different rule sets everyone has to keep track of

edit: PHIZ has 7 people in it right now. I guarantee you more than 7 people will use a new forum.

Critical fucked around with this message at 02:06 on May 14, 2021

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Brut posted:

If you think a post is bad, and you can in any way articulate why (or if it seems obvious to you, needing no explanation), please report the post.

If you think people keep making bad posts of some kind that do not break a rule, post here and suggest a rule that solves the problem, or make a new thread with an OP rule not to do the thing you dislike. Or, and I know this might seem like a totally weird thing to do on a discussion forum, but perhaps discuss your issues with fellow posters in a clearly communicated way, perhaps letting them know that something is bothering you, and figure out a way to resolve it? Worth a shot.

Whatever thread you're planning on making in the proposed imp zone? Again, :justpost: it.

But you went off and made a QCS thread about splitting the forum without talking to almost anyone here, without bringing your issues up to anyone in any way and really, without being able to point to any examples of the posting that bothers you, except for 1 isolated thread.

You might turn out to be right about your original point but the manner you went about asking for it is harming your case.

what the hell is this scolding nonsense lol. that's exactly what QCS is for, if it happens it happens, but i promise that making a QCS thread to bring it to the peoples attention that can actually do it is not 'harming' the case.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Brut posted:

We want the new forum!

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Brut posted:

this is some weak poo poo, dude. he isn’t the first person to get tired of the sad, world weary goons trying to make everyone in the wrestling forum as miserable as they are, he isn’t the only one with the same opinion itt, and you know well and good that if we tell the resident eeyores to stfu or make fun of them we’re more likely to be punished and their behavior will continue

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i posted in support of the idea in QCS because i like new ideas and experimenting with the forums. it's very easy not to engage with the stuff i don't want to engage in, but it obviously does wear down on someone. the only part of the thread i was upset about was GBS dipshits that haven't ever looked in here talking poo poo about karmicknight cause he's done a really good job and should be pat on the back and perhaps kissed on the cheek.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I would also like to say that I think karmicknight seems like a good egg and that Eeyore was always my favourite Winnie the Pooh character.

I like donkeys.

Hedgehog Pie fucked around with this message at 02:30 on May 14, 2021

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Brut posted:

Ah yea I'm sure they'll feel much more comfortable posting in a relaxed, fun-forward manner, now that you've shamed and lectured them like they're a six year old.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
I'm not the one you have to convince, this is just how it looks to me.

It could be OP (or others) actually did the things I posted at some point and none of it worked out, but nobody linked examples of that so how would I know. That's what I mean by hurting the case, just seems like it could easily have been stronger, in the case that OP is right isn't that kind of a shame?

I'm also just saying in general you should report bad posts when you see bad posts, everyone has that button now.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I said it in the qcs thread and I'll say it here: karmicknight is a very good mod and deserves nothing but praise for how they've gone about moderating.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I don't usually know which users or threads are being talked about when this stuff comes up because not that many examples are usually cited directly, but I thought one of the core issues was that no rules were actually being broken so reporting posts isn't really worth it? Like, people just want to post about Chris Jericho without being told that Chris Jericho donated to Trump or whatever every time, right? It seems reasonable to me. It's exhausting having to defend the poo poo you like and there's also a plague on so everyone Wang Chung tonight.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I don't usually know which users or threads are being talked about when this stuff comes up because not that many examples are usually cited directly, but I thought one of the core issues was that no rules were actually being broken so reporting posts isn't really worth it? Like, people just want to post about Chris Jericho without being told that Chris Jericho donated to Trump or whatever every time, right? It seems reasonable to me. It's exhausting having to defend the poo poo you like and there's also a plague on so everyone Wang Chung tonight.

Yea i mean for me it's not even that, although i did give that example in my post. it's just like...yes we all know there are bad people in this business, as there are in every other business, because there are bad people that populate the world. if there is another forum, i'll post in both, because it's not like the 'bad' or 'unfun' parts of wrestling don't deserve to be talked about. that's why there's nothing inherently wrong with what people post about lol. why would i want to report someone for being uncomfortable that a guy who liked racist tweets is being cheered or whatever, that'd be really weird, you know what i mean? i just engage with that poo poo enough in my daily offline life that if given the choice, i'd prefer the alternative. i also know that's not a consensus opinion but thankfully i don't speak for anyone but me

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I thought the idea of a relaxed jokey PSP seemed cool but the way the thread almost instantly devolved into singling out posting enemies, the terrors of woke-scolds, and ranting about CSPAM (for some reason) left a really bad taste in my mouth :/

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I thought the idea of a relaxed jokey PSP seemed cool but the way the thread almost instantly devolved into singling out posting enemies, the terrors of woke-scolds, and ranting about CSPAM (for some reason) left a really bad taste in my mouth :/

like half the people that did those things have never posted in PSP, most of them seemed to be talking about Games for some reason????

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think there's very mixed messages being sent. Because on one hand there's certainly times when posters can go too far or might be acting in bad faith. Or that a case has been made and you're just hammering it home. But there's also plenty of people who have perfectly valid feelings on racism or abuse or other serious issues, even if others might not feel as strongly or might be able to compartmentalize it better. And they should feel comfortable to voice that. And complaining that you can't just make fun of them or tell them to stfu is something else entirely.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
I for one love revisiting the Jericho is a cringey chud for his podcast guests discussion that happens more weeks than not for sometimes pages at a loving time

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

I think there's very mixed messages being sent. Because on one hand there's certainly times when posters can go too far or might be acting in bad faith. Or that a case has been made and you're just hammering it home. But there's also plenty of people who have perfectly valid feelings on racism or abuse or other serious issues, even if others might not feel as strongly or might be able to compartmentalize it better. And they should feel comfortable to voice that. And complaining that you can't just make fun of them or tell them to stfu is something else entirely.

no one is talking about silencing honest conversation, but posters earnestly throwing trump supporters into the speakingout thread and comparing a rapping heel to trump are hardly honest to begin with.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Brut posted:

They just want a different environment dude

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
If I'm not mistaken there was a CSPAM Wrestling thread and I remember it being miserable to read, and imp zone style topics/poster are similarly miserable for me to read. I don't know if we need a whole Imp Zone to sunder PSP in half, I've just been using the ignore function to get the kind of experience that I want out of PSP.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

RealFoxy posted:

If I'm not mistaken there was a CSPAM Wrestling thread and I remember it being miserable to read

no kidding?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

no kidding?
Think it might've been someone who was chased out and wanted to do nothing but talk about everything bad and miserable in wrestling. I can't find the topic anymore so I assume it got gassed

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

ranting about CSPAM (for some reason)

that didn't take long lol

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Clearly the only peaceful solution is to bring back the Pisscast

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

ok seriously where is the "cut wrestlehut in half" thing coming from? the vast majority for the imp zone are saying they will post in both. i will as well, because i enjoy serious discussion! just not all the time.

and some of the people who also enjoy serious discussion, perhaps more than me, are good people i don't want to ignore even if I mumble "oh my god seriously" around the pen hanging out of my mouth occasionally

i just want a wrestleyob with gary strydom in a top hat as the background. where butt the shitman fart jokes rain from the sky

edit: i am aware that there would be people who posted in one or the other but i predict it is less than some people think. for me it's just an extra tab open.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

that didn't take long lol

so you’re here to engage with just yourself

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Critical posted:

ok seriously where is the "cut wrestlehut in half" thing coming from? the vast majority for the imp zone are saying they will post in both. i will as well, because i enjoy serious discussion! just not all the time.

and some of the people who also enjoy serious discussion, perhaps more than me, are good people i don't want to ignore even if I mumble "oh my god seriously" around the pen hanging out of my mouth occasionally

i just want a wrestleyob with gary strydom in a top hat as the background. where butt the shitman fart jokes rain from the sky

edit: i am aware that there would be people who posted in one or the other but i predict it is less than some people think. for me it's just an extra tab open.

its impossible to post in two places at once

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

WatermelonGun posted:

so you’re here to engage with just yourself

always

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Critical posted:

not me I’m a One Forum Man

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Brut posted:

with all due respect: suck my balls

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
brut handles most the mma stuff i think right? i remember people posting in the the qcs thread that most of them roll with the punches and just post so being reminded that most fighters are rear end in a top hat pieces of poo poo doesnt bother them or take away most the joy of the thing they're watching. but also they're watching a thing where they're cheering for some one getting their poo poo beat so maybe that's the difference idk.

also sa has always had general forum "rules" of "is this post low content by either offering nothing to the conversation, being off topic, or just not funny because you can report it and get probated for it"

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

pretty hosed up that people want a new subforum that Rovert will be allowed to post in

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

pretty hosed up that people want a new subforum that Rovert will be allowed to post in

the only person who explicitly wanted that was DrGonzo's alt

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Chris James 2 posted:

the only person who explicitly wanted that was DrGonzo's alt

pretty hosed up that DrGonzo's alt was allowed to post at all despite posting the exact same way as DrGonzo and the mods saying "gosh he hasn't done anything illegal yet"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mods make everything unfunny.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

Mods make everything unfunny.

they won't have to work very hard

edit: gently caress i realize that is a statement not a request please stop laughing at me

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
rovert is tough, because on one hand making fun of him is extremely enjoyable, but on the other hand most goons aren’t funny so most of the dunks are sad, and on the other appendage it’s Trevor and he is terrible. what i am saying is no decision to bring him back using foul majicks should be taken lightly

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
humor is subjective

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

WatermelonGun posted:

rovert is tough, because on one hand making fun of him is extremely enjoyable, but on the other hand most goons aren’t funny so most of the dunks are sad, and on the other appendage it’s Trevor and he is terrible. what i am saying is no decision to bring him back using foul majicks should be taken lightly

rovert is allowed to post in 6 threads per week in the Enclosed Pool Area. he is not told what these threads are and they change weekly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Every forums poster can be categorized into the four tenants of Humorism. Cav is Yellow Bile, Jesus WEP is Blood