Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It's a dumb funny gimmick to get some UF fans to show up, Tebow probably won't be good but there's not really high expectations for the Jags yet anyway so might as well have a bit of fun while seeing how Lawrence develops and how Meyer adapts to the NFL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Yeah they'll see a lot of preseason tickets.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
His jerseys might outsell Lawrence if he has a good preseason

Big if

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Yeah they'll see a lot of preseason tickets.

Maybe? I think the problem is a lot of Florida fans are no strangers to driving to this stadium for the Florida-Georgia game. They will know how bad it sucks in advance, but there's not going to be any party to look forward to after the game. Just the heat of August instead of November.

Also, only 3 preseason games this year, right? So might only be one home game.

Debating whether I should buy a Timmy jersey for ironic purposes. I might wait to see if Lawrence tries to throw the ball through Timmy's facemask at the first opportunity.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
There's no way Indy doesn't take the division right?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Derek Fcking Carr posted:

That's tough to say personally I'd think the titans are the favorites to open the season but the colts are very talented but also have been constantly plagued by injuries and are starting wentz

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Derek Fcking Carr posted:

Did they or the Titans change divisions?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
*gets the 28th ranked qb in the nfl* we’re going to the superbowl baby!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

It's gonna come down to whether Wentz can be good again. If so, Colts are the favorites, and if not, Tits are. Colts are solid outside of QB. Tits have holes and the offense may take a step down but theoretically the defense should be better (lol).

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The Titans are going to the superbowl

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Rivers wasn't his prime self last season but lol at the idea that Wentz is a clear upgrade

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Intruder posted:

Rivers wasn't his prime self last season but lol at the idea that Wentz is a clear upgrade

It’s the Mystery of the Unknown except we do know, he sucks.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I don't know who will win the AFC South, but I know who WON'T win: the fans.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Edward Mass posted:

I don't know who will win the AFC South, but I know who WON'T win.

Thursday Night Football

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

All AFC south matchups should be exclusively reserved for TNF, kind of like midweek MACtion.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

All AFC south matchups should be exclusively reserved for TNF, kind of like midweek MACtion.

That would actually be loving awesome

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Edward Mass posted:

I don't know who will win the AFC South, but I know who WON'T win: the fans.

Also the Texans

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The mystery is if Reich can fix him from sucking.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Intruder posted:

Also the Texans

Davis Mills will carry us to the promised land

big fork small knife
Jan 23, 2006

https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1392144001692798977?s=20

Jaguars back to London. The world is healing.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

At least it's only one game this time.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Imagine wanting to grow the sport in a different country and you keep giving them the jags

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Pimpcasso posted:

Imagine wanting to grow the sport in a different country and you keep giving them the jags

The problem is going to London means one of the teams loses a home game so they inevitable choose one that doesn’t have as many fans and has low attendance.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Tebow Time!

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lmao at this Titans schedule. I don’t think I’ve seen a more difficult one before

Edit: Two home prime time games is awesome though

Demon Of The Fall fucked around with this message at 01:40 on May 13, 2021

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Colts have an absolutely brutal first 5 games

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Demon Of The Fall posted:

lmao at this Titans schedule. I don’t think I’ve seen a more difficult one before

Edit: Two home prime time games is awesome though

Buffalo kc back to back oof

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Hey can’t argue with this logic

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

as this forum's foremost Wentz Hater, I expect him to be comfortably average next season, in the 12-18 range, before backsliding in '22. might compete with Tanny for best in the division, all things considered, but if he even sniffs the pro bowl I'd be surprised

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Pimpcasso posted:

*gets the 28th ranked qb in the nfl* we’re going to the superbowl baby!

*lets every pass catcher except one leave and doesn't replace them* tits up

Somehow PFF has the Colts having one of the 5 easiest schedules. I just don't see how. It's a pretty solid schedule.

Sea, LAR, Tits, Mia, Bal, Hou, SF is a pretty rough 7 to start. Sure, you get the Texans and the road win at Ten, but other than that, oof.

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 23:21 on May 13, 2021

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

ShakeZula posted:

Colts have an absolutely brutal first 5 games

1-4 can't wait for the media to say what a bust Wentz is.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
SF will have 3 active players by game 7 so I don't think you can count that one as rough

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I don't really understand all the Tebow hysteria. I mean, I get why it's a STORY, just not the...outrage I guess.

I mean who gives a gently caress? The Jaguars' TE production since their inception has been laughably bad. When Mercedes Lewis, Kyle Brady and Pete Mitchell are the first names off your tongue for a 25 year old franchise and given the production we got out of the spot last year, I hardly see a downside to giving a guy a chance on a team coming off 1 and 15.

I'm personally hoping they can swing a 2 year deal for Ertz, who would be perfect for this rebuild but what's the harm in having someone simply try out for a position that's historically been a black hole? Whose roster spot is he taking away? If you can't beat out a 34 year old washed up QB at a position he's never played then maybe you suck. Maybe, at worse, Jax has an emergency QB on the roster or a guy you can do some weird Taysom Hill poo poo with. Or just cut the motherfucker if he's got nothing. He's never hosed up off the field like a million other dudes that beat women and catch DUI manslaughter charges who get 2nd 3rd and 4th chances.

I get why people think it's stupid. I just can't comprehend the anger. ANd I don't even give a poo poo one way or the other about Tim Tebow even though I live in NE Florida. You can also fill preseason game seats since the rednecks and jesus freaks down here loving worship the guy.

Who does this hurt? Just seems like a weird thing to get emotional about.

I say as I effort post about it.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Also, sorry for the double post but the team in this division that is the most interesting to me Indy.

They're pretty good across the board and as an Eagles fan it's going to be fascinating watch Carson Wentz no matter what he does or how it turns out. My gut tells me he's capable of being an average version of Phillip RIvers but, god drat, did his head and his entire game look completely broken last year.

I've never seen a top 5 drafted QB have such early success and then fall off a loving cliff like that.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
In listening to former players, it's just a bad look from Meyer. He's giving his friend and neighbor a contract, and he hasn't played a game in years. There are more capable guys on the team who are gonna get cut, and he's gonna cling to Tebow. It takes away some of the meritocracy and accountability that players respect. It's more bad from a team morale standpoint than a team building standpoint.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Also it’s funny

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Go Colts

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
the Tebow thing is indisputably a marketing ploy and while normal-rear end people recognize that it will last part of training camp, sell some jerseys, and be done, the world is full of people who need something to be on about all the time

It's not worth worrying about them worrying about it, basically. I get why actual players would be pissed re a roster spot and stuff and from that perspective Urban is probably making a mistake but ultimately nothing will matter out of this I imagine.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
well we’re already up to two incidents of Urban bringing people in that players and coaches have such a problem with the media blows up with leaks about it, and training camp hasn’t even started. Jags fans aren’t wrong to be concerned about what direction Urban’s nfl career is heading

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Oh, poo poo.

I hope Urban Meyer doesn't turn the Jacksonville Jaguars into a laughing stock or anything.