Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

The Lion's Song is free on EGS this week

Next week is a :siren: mystery game :siren: which usually means something big

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

EGS is really convenient for me. I'm already not playing the games I own I might as well not be paying for them either.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
As long as it isn't "everything" again. I'm getting tired of the "everything is on sale" tweets and notifications.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1393059884480942080?s=21

Gun Jam
Apr 11, 2015
:siren:Yet another giveway, fresh from covid-19 bundle! :siren:
Into the breach
Bioshock
Undertale
Hyper light drifter
Tooth and nail
The witness
Superhot

Brutal legend

Please post here if you take it.

Gun Jam fucked around with this message at 20:14 on May 14, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Grabbed Tooth and Nail

Edit, and Undertale

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Gun Jam posted:

:siren:Yet another giveway, fresh from covid-19 bundle! :siren:
Hyper light drifter
Please post here if you take it.

Thank you, snagged this!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I took The Witness. Thank you!

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Thanks a bunch! Took this one.

doctorfrog fucked around with this message at 06:46 on May 14, 2021

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Got this. Thank you!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I sent Microsoft two Zune box tops and a photo of my butthole and they still banned my account. You can't win with these people.

please, i only just changed the thread title

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012

repiv posted:

The Lion's Song is free on EGS this week

Next week is a :siren: mystery game :siren: which usually means something big

I think I said this last week, but Lion's Song is really lovely and surprisingly poignant. If you want a point n click, it's well worth your time.

Gun Jam
Apr 11, 2015
And one more:
Fantasy general II

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Trickyblackjack posted:

I think I said this last week, but Lion's Song is really lovely and surprisingly poignant. If you want a point n click, it's well worth your time.

So I played Episode 1 and while the art and music are lovely, this seems more like an interactive picture book than an adventure game?

Like at no point do you need to solve a puzzle in the whole episode, just click on things to advance the story.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

So I played Episode 1 and while the art and music are lovely, this seems more like an interactive picture book than an adventure game?

Like at no point do you need to solve a puzzle in the whole episode, just click on things to advance the story.

Ah right, I didn't mean to mischaracterize it as a full on adventure game like Monkey Island or something. It's mainly narrative-driven, more like a Telltale game.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Galaxium is free* on steam.

*May need free, non-free and other types of resources to claim and use, such as, but not limited to, a computer with a modern operating system and other appropriate hardware, a free** steam account, a suitable, connected and working internet connection, enough electrical energy to operate all other former, enough time to make or use an already existing free** steam account, enough calorific chemical energy to initiate and complete the operation of the computer, including the claim process of the free* software, appropriate vision and other human-functioning aids if also necessary for the claim process. The software may also require the underpinning of a stable group of individuals involved in persistent social interaction, or a large social group sharing the same spatial or social territory, and working knowledge of one or more systems of communication, as well as a certain extent of hand/eye coordination to use. Please note that while this software is free*, no guarantees will be made for the quality of such, or the time-frame of the license granted to you, not will any financial or other accommodations be made for the time and/or energy to use this software. This free* software may also require the use of additional computer peripherals for optimal utilisation above and beyond the requirement of a computer system that is suitable for the claim process, such as, but not limited to, a controller and suitable devices for broadcasting sound. These devices may also requires additional paid resources over and above those required for the claim process.

**A free* Steam account does not have any monetary cost, but this can and will not be guaranteed for the foreseeable future. The free** steam account may require personal information and other resources in addition to those detailed above to complete the sign up process. This may include, but are not limited to, a functioning email address, name, address, a nom de jeux and other potentially challenging information such as the intelligence to pass anti-bot measures, a suitable password to safeguard the free** steam account and enough basic computer operational knowledge to use the free* software. A persistent and stable internet connection may also be required.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Well now I spent at least a dollar’s worth of my time reading that post :colbert:

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Not new, but perhaps it hasn't been mentioned: I just watched this video presenting a remake of Rescue on Fractalus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MhUpeSJVNA

https://www.lsdwa.com/projects/fractalus/

It is a simple space shooter where you rescue people.

lllllllllllllllllll fucked around with this message at 18:30 on May 17, 2021

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

tight aspirations posted:

Galaxium is free* on steam.

*May need free, non-free and other types of resources to claim and use, such as, but not limited to, a computer with a modern operating system and other appropriate hardware, a free** steam account, a suitable, connected and working internet connection, enough electrical energy to operate all other former, enough time to make or use an already existing free** steam account, enough calorific chemical energy to initiate and complete the operation of the computer, including the claim process of the free* software, appropriate vision and other human-functioning aids if also necessary for the claim process. The software may also require the underpinning of a stable group of individuals involved in persistent social interaction, or a large social group sharing the same spatial or social territory, and working knowledge of one or more systems of communication, as well as a certain extent of hand/eye coordination to use. Please note that while this software is free*, no guarantees will be made for the quality of such, or the time-frame of the license granted to you, not will any financial or other accommodations be made for the time and/or energy to use this software. This free* software may also require the use of additional computer peripherals for optimal utilisation above and beyond the requirement of a computer system that is suitable for the claim process, such as, but not limited to, a controller and suitable devices for broadcasting sound. These devices may also requires additional paid resources over and above those required for the claim process.

**A free* Steam account does not have any monetary cost, but this can and will not be guaranteed for the foreseeable future. The free** steam account may require personal information and other resources in addition to those detailed above to complete the sign up process. This may include, but are not limited to, a functioning email address, name, address, a nom de jeux and other potentially challenging information such as the intelligence to pass anti-bot measures, a suitable password to safeguard the free** steam account and enough basic computer operational knowledge to use the free* software. A persistent and stable internet connection may also be required.

What’s the game about and is it good

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

It is a simple space shooter where you FUKEN poo poo YOURSELF.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

doctorfrog posted:

What’s the game about and is it good
it's space invaders and it's not even free

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

FFT posted:

it's space invaders and it's not even free

There was a disclaimer and everything.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Captain Monkey posted:

There was a disclaimer and everything.
At no point in that disclaimer did it mention "also it costs money"

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

the game was free at the time the post was created

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

Not new, but perhaps it hasn't been mentioned: I just watched this video presenting a remake of Rescue on Fractalus:

This is rad, thank you.

Also the dude in that video has the strangest accent I've heard in a while. It's something like a mix of South African and southern American with a little bit of microsoft sam in there.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

For a brief, hopeful second i thought this might be a game i briefly played as a kid on my dads computer. It was a game in very early 3d where you had a tank/buggy which could transform into a plane, and you drove around picking up little blue people to save then. In the end you flew them through a ring. Is there a lost games thread somewhere? I've found almost all of my lost childhood memories but this one eludes me.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Son of Rodney posted:

Is there a lost games thread somewhere? I've found almost all of my lost childhood memories but this one eludes me.

There's the "Help us remember the name of a game" thread here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2925708

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Serperoth posted:

There's the "Help us remember the name of a game" thread here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2925708

Perfect, thanks!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

FFT posted:

At no point in that disclaimer did it mention "also it costs money"

oh I didn’t read it

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The original Samorost has been remastered and re-released for free on Steam, Itch, iOS and Android.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEt5oiEcMIM

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

Son of Rodney posted:

For a brief, hopeful second i thought this might be a game i briefly played as a kid on my dads computer. It was a game in very early 3d where you had a tank/buggy which could transform into a plane, and you drove around picking up little blue people to save then. In the end you flew them through a ring. Is there a lost games thread somewhere? I've found almost all of my lost childhood memories but this one eludes me.

Wasn't that CORONIS RIFT? The other LucasFilm Games game on the C64?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The Kins posted:

The original Samorost has been remastered and re-released for free on Steam, Itch, iOS and Android.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nice

Lead Psychiatry
Dec 22, 2004

I wonder if a soldier ever does mend a bullet hole in his coat?
NBA 2K21 is the Epic freebie.

And they're giving a coupon for 10 with it.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Mystery game on Epic:

With another mystery as next week also

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
This will be the first sports game I've owned since the SNES.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

clearly the next mystery game will be an MLB The Show PC shadowdrop

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
Was this the game that made Bethesda's work look polished in comparison?

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

WesY2K posted:

Wasn't that CORONIS RIFT? The other LucasFilm Games game on the C64?

The lost games thread actually pulled through with an incredibly quick response, it's called scorched planet and is exactly like i remembered. Not very good appearantly but it really stuck in my head for decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Quill posted:

Was this the game that made Bethesda's work look polished in comparison?

NBA 2K has some grindy progression and for, some game modes, annoying monetization, and it has endless loading screens but the core game itself isn't really buggy or lacking polish.