Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fqubed
Dec 12, 2013

Nunes posted:

I feel like there is a bubble bath joke in there somewhere

I mean it's now for our benefit, so yes.

If not maybe ask Globby to deploy them himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fqubed
Dec 12, 2013
I really suck at page sniping. Misquote, not realize it's new page etc. This was what i was intended to quote.

Rudeboy Detective posted:

Oh man, CCP is about to revise their deployable rules bigly.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Rather than try and get the two azbels that were anchoring this afternoon in 3-D online passpi pivoted to an undefended INIT azbel in Catch and formed 800 for the kill, and they are incredibly salty that we didn't defend it, and as such are continuing looking for more undefended targets of opportunity in Catch rather than Delve

Wtf is this tactic

I'm one of the goons who've actually spent quite a bit of time in Catch and I never even heard of that Azbel

e: they might be trying to lull us into a false sense of security by acting like pathetic cowards despite outnumbering us, everyone stay on your guard and keep logging in

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 11:54 on May 14, 2021

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
"[INIT] left the structures up for DC to use as the ihub was fully upgraded. They asked me to not unanchor it so [INIT] didn't. [INIT] stopped using it about 3 weeks ago." - that was what Dark Shines said about the Azbel, so it had long since been left to the locals to use but passpi will take any moral deflection they can take at this point

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

So they formed 800 to destroy a leftover Azbel that was occasionally being used by one of our local allies

???

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Yes, this is exactly what they did

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I won't begrudge them for structure bashing, I'd do the same in their position, but these priorities are just bizarre.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Slow, smart and methodical passes and structure bashes for morale. It's all in the plan

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I might get on the kill for the next one which comes out in 5 hours, as I have to be up for work in seven. Let's see if they find the courage to come through the bubblewalls this time

for anyone curious they in fact did not have the courage to do anything and azbel #5 has now exploded.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/92785874/

there are three left. timers are 2.5 days, 3 days, and 3.5 days, though i assume they'll just keep dropping them forever

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

They are exceptionally rude not setting one to anchor in EU prime time. Well it's not rude, we know exactly what would happen to that one, but it's certainly an interesting tactic that they seem to be probing timezones to see where there's a weakness in our form ups. Not working so far, mind

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Stereotype posted:

for anyone curious they in fact did not have the courage to do anything and azbel #5 has now exploded.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/92785874/

there are three left. timers are 2.5 days, 3 days, and 3.5 days, though i assume they'll just keep dropping them forever

Yep. The nature of defense is the defenders have to be right/win every time. The attackers only have to get the win once.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Yeah it’s taking them an awful long time to win once when they have to win once like, a hundred times after this too

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Loky11 posted:

Yep. The nature of defense is the defenders have to be right/win every time. The attackers only have to get the win once.

This disparity is pretty much the entire gameplay loop of Eve, actually. It's why people who complain about safety in Eve are generally full of poo poo -- maintaining safety on defense is an effort of perfect vigilance, whereas attackers can choose to disregard or punt whatever they want at no cost to them.

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010

Scikar posted:

To be fair, the experience of most newbros going into novice plexes is "die horribly over and over to vets with blingy pods in pirate/faction frigs" - the smarter ones will learn how to dscan and what they can/can't fight, but a whole chunk are going to burn out long before they figure out what even is a Daredevil anyway? If I had to give advice to those folks in one sentence it would probably be "don't, unless you a) know your engagement profile properly, or b) are happy to get farmed a bunch". It's the same sorry story as everywhere else though, the area is supposed to encourage a particular activity (fighting for the plexes and being rewarded for winning), but the mechanics don't work out that way, so you make more money by working around them and you're left starving if you just want a reasonably fair fight.

True, I forget that FW is pushed towards new players, I think even if they get lucky and 2 newbros meet in a plex it's probably kinda fun but even then, someone is going to lose a ship and probably not understand too much about it. "we" as a FW alliance make a lot of noise that FW is broken but no one has come up with that silver bullet fix.

That being said, I like the principle of the 18 T1 cruiser FFA filament and i think you could modify that to make FW a lot better, i.e. if you had a 3v3/5v5/etc plex that didn't "activate" until it was full of dudes ready to fight, I'm sure someone clever could make it work - you could make it totally random too, e.g. T1+meta / T2 / Bling - i think this would encourage militia to organise fights with each other rather than just win by blobbing/getting to the plex first and it gives an alternative to using structures as fight bait.

At the moment, if you hold the system, you fill structures with ships and just get back in the plex faster... we are better at that compared to minmil, so the only way they win is massive numbers... rinse and repeat, it's a bit stale.

I've been playing eve for less than a year and involved in FW and thus PvP stuff for about 3 months and I am still very bad at it, so if you get round the tutorial and end up in FW, then you are very brave :D

(PS do you still play fifa with Taff/kcer and co? :) )

angry armadillo fucked around with this message at 14:44 on May 14, 2021

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Why are you not in GSF, we do this stuff on a daily basis now:

https://br.evetools.org/br/609e832802aa24001a1fc597

Big contribution from the hero bombers

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Phlegmish posted:

Holy poo poo that is a welp.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Phlegmish posted:

Thank you for posting this - I've been cackling with glee for the past few minutes thinking about them welping 60b of HACs to bombs, and also wouldn't have seen this 4b pod kill from a few days ago:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/92693186/

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
they lost b/c they only brought 5 monitors

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
https://twitch.tv/videos/1022293770

MOM GET THE CAMERA

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Another amazing sale by CCP with tremendous savings. A whole 30 cents.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i would always put a 0.69 isk at the end of my buy orders until CCP ruined trading :(

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Floppychop posted:

Another amazing sale by CCP with tremendous savings. A whole 30 cents.

For your birthday! Don't spend it all in one place!

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

CCP did some updates to their nullification module changes:

* Stealth Bombers no longer able to fit it. T1 industrials can now fit it.
* Role bonuses on interceptors / T3 subsystems bumped from -50% to -80%
* Entering warp no longer forcibly deactivates the module

The cycle time on inties should now be 20 seconds on / 30 seconds cooldown, which isn't so bad; Dramafleet might still be viable. The capacitor usage and the extra CPU is still silly.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

I like how the stealth bomber nullification removal comes hot on the heels of that amazing bombing run lol

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Are WCS +3 when active?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

ullerrm posted:

* Stealth Bombers no longer able to fit it.

ccp saw the bombing run and were like, hmm, maybe those don't need a massive buff

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Ynglaur posted:

Are WCS +3 when active?

I think only T2 module is +3 (maybe T2 and above?)

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

My Epithals will be unstoppable on their PI runs. I love it.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

I will say- That's a sweet bombing run.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

ullerrm posted:

* Stealth Bombers no longer able to fit it. T1 industrials can now fit it.
* Role bonuses on interceptors / T3 subsystems bumped from -50% to -80%
* Entering warp no longer forcibly deactivates the module

The cycle time on inties should now be 20 seconds on / 30 seconds cooldown, which isn't so bad; Dramafleet might still be viable. The capacitor usage and the extra CPU is still silly.

can you fit burst jammers on these new interceptors and stay nullified with the module? asking for a friend

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Are the nullification targeting penalties in effect all the time, or only when the module is active?

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

angry armadillo posted:

True, I forget that FW is pushed towards new players, I think even if they get lucky and 2 newbros meet in a plex it's probably kinda fun but even then, someone is going to lose a ship and probably not understand too much about it. "we" as a FW alliance make a lot of noise that FW is broken but no one has come up with that silver bullet fix.

That being said, I like the principle of the 18 T1 cruiser FFA filament and i think you could modify that to make FW a lot better, i.e. if you had a 3v3/5v5/etc plex that didn't "activate" until it was full of dudes ready to fight, I'm sure someone clever could make it work - you could make it totally random too, e.g. T1+meta / T2 / Bling - i think this would encourage militia to organise fights with each other rather than just win by blobbing/getting to the plex first and it gives an alternative to using structures as fight bait.

At the moment, if you hold the system, you fill structures with ships and just get back in the plex faster... we are better at that compared to minmil, so the only way they win is massive numbers... rinse and repeat, it's a bit stale.

I've been playing eve for less than a year and involved in FW and thus PvP stuff for about 3 months and I am still very bad at it, so if you get round the tutorial and end up in FW, then you are very brave :D

(PS do you still play fifa with Taff/kcer and co? :) )

The problem with trying to do specific rules for things is that people love to weasel their way around them (such as all the alts in arenas, now those are banned but you can still join "FFA" as a group). And the pattern every time is that the risk v reward is out of whack - people don't get rewarded enough for taking a risk, and they optimise around whatever rewards are left that have little to no risk. I was chatting with a corpmate earlier and we realised that it's been months and months since we saw a random Drake daytripping in a C2 wormhole. A couple of years back you used to see them every day. The rewards haven't really changed but the risk has gone up a bit (more random connections these days, so more chance of an organised group in the chain if you go daytripping and therefore can't really roll links). Why bother with that when there are a million guides to make the same isk in abyssals now?

I don't think anybody really plays fifa any more, but Taff has got a proper stream going nowadays, you should check it out :)

Collateral Damage posted:

Are the nullification targeting penalties in effect all the time, or only when the module is active?

The penalties are always in effect for both WCS and nullifiers I think.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Dank leaks from Brave I think posted:

I'm gonna soft ping this here... @here

The other thing for us winning this war...

Our current clone deployments should be as follows:

Deathclones: T5ZI (Delve)

Jump Clones: P-ZMZV (Querious) GE-8JV (Catch)

You might think to yourselves "But Kel, Why? Im so bored of tidi slugfests"

Yes. So am I. I am bored stiffless of this war and want it to be over.

However. I have noticed a huge trend in our participation in main coalition fleets. I just led a fleet out of T5ZI... 160 in fleet. Guess who had the most? Test with 100+. Guess how many I had from Brave? 28. 28 people from Brave actually turned up to that fleet.

Now. Say we do indeed lose this war.... Who do you guys think, honestly, has the most to lose? Do you think it's Frat? Do you think its Horde? Absolutely not. It is us.

If we, and those of you reading this, want to maintain the cushty little nullsec homes we have then it is ESSENTIAL to go on the main Delve fleets. Because, Horde, NC, Frat, they all have homes very far away from here to return to. We dont. This war, we are ALL IN.

We lose this war. Test is first, then the rest of Legacy is next. And you thought Catch was bad. Delve/Querious would be hella worse.

So. Yes, it is a slim chance that we lose this war, but it is still a chance.

You want to maintain where we live? You wanna keep having those fun standing fleet fights with kitey nano bulshit gangs? Then get into Delve. Get into this war.

Panic may be setting in

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
I’m no space expert, but maybe you shouldn’t move into a place while the current occupants are still living there :colbert:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

passpi getting absolutely nuked on that bombing run, getting cockblocked on their azbel drops and getting shown up by our caps day after day for whatever the gently caress they try and do in 3-D when they come in at either end of the constellation and causing them to stand down, so they looking for any abandoned goon structures in the entire south is causing a significant downturn in participation numbers for them

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

lol bombs away pt 2

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Otacon posted:

lol bombs away pt 2

It looked so beautiful. Entire fleets suddenly turned into pods. :allears:

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Otacon posted:

lol bombs away pt 2

Ooh, how big was this one?

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

I was preparing to slug it out on the gate but suddenly there were only pods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Bob Socko posted:

Ooh, how big was this one?

a dscan showed over 400 enemy pods on grid. Zkill is having major issues and there's like 5 or 6 pages of nothing but pods. It was a nice loving run