Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I think his best video is the Bob Emergency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
As a lifelong Washingtonian and occasional Mariners fan, I was so happy to see Bois give Dave Niehaus and Edgar Martinez their due.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

It shouldn't be forgotten that his written articles are amazing too.

The first thing I ever read of his is the original NBA Y2K: The Death of Basketball, and it's still one of my favs. Can't forget about the eulogy for RadioShack either.

Or his Twine masterpiece, the Bill Belichick Offseason Simulator.

They're so universal too. You don't need to have any knowledge about these subjects coming in.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Augus posted:

do people have something against embedded videos or what

I don't browse SA on mobile, and don't know if it's even an option on desktop. So I just straight up ignore any post that's a contextless youtube link because years of being on the internet have taught me that's always a bad idea.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

You just go into Edit Options and under Thread View say yes to "Show video embedded in posts with the [video] tag?"

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Awesome. Now I can willingly not see embeds, thanks. :cool:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

MacheteZombie posted:

That would be correct if "What if Barry Bonds had played with no bat" didn't exist.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

MacheteZombie posted:

I believe in Bob.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

I swear vids used to automatically embed when you put the link in but I guess that's not the case anymore?

Oh, and Boogie is now in the county clink. It still blows my mind a bit that he might not be there if he'd straight up shot the guy in the chest.

Kim Justice fucked around with this message at 05:13 on May 14, 2021

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Kim Justice posted:

I swear vids used to automatically embed when you put the link in but I guess that's not the case anymore?

It seems to be always on for the Awful App, but I didn't know it was an option for browser until... today :downs:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Went through to turn embedding on on my phone and had to laugh at the Vine embed option

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Kim Justice posted:

In the browser if you Ctrl+V the link it will automatically be wrapped in a [video] tag which will make it embed. Right-click -> Paste skips that automatic conversion, and the mobile apps have their own behavior (in the Android app you need to explicitly request a [video] tag, but doing so is actually more convenient than just pasting the URL directly as you don't need to long-press to access the VBCode tag menu like you do to paste).

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Kim Justice posted:

Oh, and Boogie is now in the county clink. It still blows my mind a bit that he might not be there if he'd straight up shot the guy in the chest.

I can't say I like Boogie, but this bums me out a little bit. He hosed up, bad, but it was a gently caress-up in the face of extreme harassment.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I don't exaggerate even a little bit when I say John Bois' video on 24 is my favourite Youtube video of all time. It's either that or Phelous' Smallville finale video, which has one of the greatest punchlines ever put to video. :discourse:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

JordanKai posted:

I don't exaggerate even a little bit when I say John Bois' video on 24 is my favourite Youtube video of all time. It's either that or Phelous' Smallville finale video, which has one of the greatest punchlines ever put to video. :discourse:

Rude not to link it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P52G4Kyq5M

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Jon Bois’ Saddest Punt video also feels like an excuse just for the final line.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Jim Stearling new video is really good.

Bryan Alverez on his show (for those that don't know, he's a pro wrestling Journalist) was talking about how much RAW sucks now and how much he hates it and if this wasn't his job he wouldn't watch it. His co host Mike suggested that they don't talk about RAW and talk about litterally anything else pro wrestling. Bryan comes backnwirh WWE is the biggest pro wrestling company on the planet and a big reason people listen to his show.

Which gets me thinking, why do we focus so much on negative poo poo in hobbies or the bullshit arguments. Im not saying ignoring stuff like Ubisoft hid sexual assault allegations for years, but more if we don't want to have the argument about easy modes, dont talk about it. Talk about litterally anything else.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

I’d say it’s because people are more likely to share negative opinions in general (since it’s cathartic to vent about something that annoys you) and this is also likely to provoke negativity in people who read them and disagree. So you have a feedback loop where everyone is pissing everyone else off, causing more people to join in and both escalating and lengthening the discussion.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

lmfao

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

btw I just saw this really cool video =)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P52G4Kyq5M&ab_channel=JonBois

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

JordanKai posted:

Rude not to link it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvwWTFxfUaA

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
Big Joel - I try all the Warheads

https://youtu.be/iUOM4mr8iOI

Joel eats a bunch of Warheads for 40 minutes.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I vote this as the new Ishtar trailer

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

On this episode of Chrontendo, we learn the connection behind a shoddy, somewhat obscure board game based NES title and Running With Scissors.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Famethrowa posted:

I can't say I like Boogie, but this bums me out a little bit. He hosed up, bad, but it was a gently caress-up in the face of extreme harassment.

Yeah this has been my feel on it about the whole time as well, Booger sucks and is stupid as hell, but like the other guy in the situation is a freak stalker that's given off obsession come murder vibes with their bullshit.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fImJQmxvwrc

Civvie blesses us.

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf8_gYs4rGs

New content creation. An interesting yet immensely relaxing twist at traditional ASMR. Hihgly recommended.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

imma keep it real with you, forums poster cum, i’m not watching an asmr video

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

watho posted:

imma keep it real with you, forums poster cum, i’m not watching an asmr video

Oh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68JQtxTzjqc

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

These things are horrifying. What are these?

Clickity clacky mouth sounds that feel like a drill in my head.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Even the joke ones feel very unwholesome to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okqbL9ZZQaM

EDIT: This is a joke one.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Look up Joeysworldtour Burger King ASMR

You will never sleep again

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Feliday Melody posted:

These things are horrifying. What are these?

Clickity clacky mouth sounds that feel like a drill in my head.

Yeah, same for how people whisper in ASMR vids. I know some people find it calming or soothing or whatever but it makes my skin crawl. So many ASMR vids have the exact opposite effect that they intended for me

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

CelticPredator posted:

Look up Joeysworldtour

Knowing that name already, no, I don't think I will.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I remember seeing one ASMR video called 'Relaxing School Lice Inspection.' The first word has little business around the other three.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
I think if you like ASMR it makes your skin crawl but in a cathartic way.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I have seen and heard many people try to explain ASMR in a way that doesn't make it sound like a horny sex thing for perverts. None have succeeded.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

Ariong posted:

I have seen and heard many people try to explain ASMR in a way that doesn't make it sound like a horny sex thing for perverts. None have succeeded.

Ditto. And the same goes for mukbangs as well, which often cross over with ASMR.

Even the name sounds like some kinda gross sex thing. "Muck-bang".

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Ariong posted:

Much like furries: it's not exclusively horny nerds but they're the ones putting money forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

SIZE=XX-LARGE]PLEASE! PLEASE STOP SAYING THE R WORD. GOD, IF SOMEBODY SAID THE R WORD, I WILL HECKIN LOSE IT. JUST PEE PEE MY JORTS. CAN'T YOU JUST CALL THEM A SMOOTHE BRAINED DOTARD LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL PEOPLE? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

P.S. FREE LARRY YOU FUCKIN COWARDS.
ASMR I think is one of those things that either just works or it doesn't. There's no real learning it