Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Brut posted:

If you think a post is bad, and you can in any way articulate why (or if it seems obvious to you, needing no explanation), please report the post.

If you think people keep making bad posts of some kind that do not break a rule, post here and suggest a rule that solves the problem, or make a new thread with an OP rule not to do the thing you dislike. Or, and I know this might seem like a totally weird thing to do on a discussion forum, but perhaps discuss your issues with fellow posters in a clearly communicated way, perhaps letting them know that something is bothering you, and figure out a way to resolve it? Worth a shot.

Whatever thread you're planning on making in the proposed imp zone? Again, :justpost: it.

But you went off and made a QCS thread about splitting the forum without talking to almost anyone here, without bringing your issues up to anyone in any way and really, without being able to point to any examples of the posting that bothers you, except for 1 isolated thread.

You might turn out to be right about your original point but the manner you went about asking for it is harming your case.

you're a dumb moron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lots of people snuck in ideas in the QCS thread while I was sleeping or working but let me make this perfectly clear: Rovert is only allowed to post in the Hot Dog Baseball thread, and if he doesn't make at least three on topic posts a day he'll be banned.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

NienNunb posted:

Every forums poster can be categorized into the four tenants of Humorism. Cav is Yellow Bile, Jesus WEP is Blood

im brain phlegm

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

NienNunb posted:

Lots of people snuck in ideas in the QCS thread while I was sleeping or working but let me make this perfectly clear: Rovert is only allowed to post in the Hot Dog Baseball thread, and if he doesn't make at least three on topic posts a day he'll be banned.
"Three Hot Dogs from Rovert a day or he's banned" is oddly catchy.

Also I can't really see any downsides to allowing a subforum experiment but people take the forums way more seriously than I do most of the time

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

NienNunb posted:

Make this man mod

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

RealFoxy posted:

and imp zone style topics/poster are similarly miserable for me to read

you hate reading about people having fun and enjoying their hobby?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
honestly think most of it is projecting that people that are aware and want to talk about that bad poo poo in media they like arent having fun and enjoying their hobby. if no one was having fun i'm sure people wouldnt be posting so much about how they love aew, chocopro, or tjpw

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

KungFu Grip posted:

honestly think most of it is projecting that people that are aware and want to talk about that bad poo poo in media they like arent having fun and enjoying their hobby. if no one was having fun i'm sure people wouldnt be posting so much about how they love aew, chocopro, or tjpw

That may be true, but it doesn't make anyone's reason for wanting a subforum any less valid. Whether the person making these posts is miserable or not does not matter, the end result is people want to post about wrestling without seeing those posts super frequently, and they want to do so without making up a rule to ban it because it is not wrong or bad to want to discuss the various flaws and crimes of wrestlers.

IDK it just seems fine to make a subforum and enough people are explicitly saying they would post in both that I don't see the argument against doing it. It probably wouldn't make a noticable impact on poster volume, and even if it does or causes some other unforseen problem it is not like it would be permanent. They could just... close it and merge the forums back and it is all back to how it was.

This just feels like a literally risk-free thing that even if you don't care about it and wouldn't ever post there, I don't get the opposition to doing it. But again I don't post a ton in the wrestling threads so maybe there is some nuance I am doing, idk. Not trying to be rude to anyone for their thoughts since my stake is minimal. I would post in the silly lite place though if it happens, why not

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Is there anything stopping people from posting a "The AEW thread where we don't talk about Chris Jericho's politics" thread in this forum?

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Nipponophile posted:

Is there anything stopping people from posting a "The AEW thread where we don't talk about Chris Jericho's politics" thread in this forum?

no, but then that turns into the wwe thread where no one talks about dream/riddle/wuertz/orton/benoit/mansoor/kross/austin/undertaker/jbl/that cruiserweight guy in nxt/hhh/hbk/vince/dunn/most of nxtuk's issues, etc etc

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

There's been a lot of talk about "posting enemies" in this thread and attempts to eliminate them and I just wanna state for the record that my posting enemy is Kung Fu Grip and I will annihilate him with the latest in Cold Steel technology.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
do not limit yourself to one Posting Enemy, choose many so you can savor victory multiple times

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

make enemies with whole posting stables

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Every poster is your enemy in a battle royale

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

the trick is to disdain all posters but none more than yourself

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CarlCX posted:

the trick is to disdain all posters but none more than yourself

Way ahead of you, buddy

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Rarity posted:

Every poster is your enemy in a battle royale

But like the Big Show, we're all going to have to gang up on you because how else do you eliminate the biggest poster?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

mfcrocker posted:

But like the Big Show, we're all going to have to gang up on you because how else do you eliminate the biggest poster?

no bs

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Critical posted:

no, but then that turns into the wwe thread where no one talks about dream/riddle/wuertz/orton/benoit/mansoor/kross/austin/undertaker/jbl/that cruiserweight guy in nxt/hhh/hbk/vince/dunn/most of nxtuk's issues, etc etc

Well friend, we just have the normal WWE thread where nobody posts.

Someone should make a good WWE thread that is just Asuka's shitposts from Twitter.
(Which will inevitably be ruined when someone brings up her Nazi cosplay)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MotU posted:

im brain phlegm

sup wet buddy

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

RealFoxy posted:

If I'm not mistaken there was a CSPAM Wrestling thread and I remember it being miserable to read, and imp zone style topics/poster are similarly miserable for me to read. I don't know if we need a whole Imp Zone to sunder PSP in half, I've just been using the ignore function to get the kind of experience that I want out of PSP.

I invite people to actually go read the imp zone since all i’ve seen in this thread is a series of misconceptions as to what imp zone actually is.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

tao of lmao posted:

I invite people to actually go read the imp zone since all i’ve seen in this thread is a series of misconceptions as to what imp zone actually is.

i dont really like video games enough to post there but the tone is exactly what i would like for a wrestling forum imo

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Okay how about instead of a separate chill forum that will never work for some reason, we just have a daily two minutes of hate thread

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Why do you think a place where people don’t post like miserable shits would not work?

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Further, define work. Who cares if it’s slow or if only 10-20 people post there?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

tao of lmao posted:

Why do you think a place where people don’t post like miserable shits would not work?

I was joking. I don’t know why there is any resistance to the idea

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Yeah it’s puzzling sorry for jumpin on you like that

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i think the resistance is coming from a place of fear. people are scared that the good posters will leave here and never come back, and the remainder will be left with only themselves.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Hell is other posters

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I have looked at this Imp Zone and I think it would be a constructive environment and contribute to the mental well-being of all of us Wrestlehutters. Admins I grant you permission to create it. I do not care what it's called. Just kidding name it The Posting Power Plant.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Super Wrestlehut Jr.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Posting Underground

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
World Posting Federation

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Mob posted:

I have looked at this Imp Zone and I think it would be a constructive environment and contribute to the mental well-being of all of us Wrestlehutters. Admins I grant you permission to create it. I do not care what it's called. Just kidding name it The Posting Power Plant.
whoever said enclosed post area was correct

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

jesus WEP posted:

whoever said enclosed post area was correct

Oh is that was it was, I had read it as pool not post. Yes I'm for that.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

The dogs are in the enclosed post area. Happily posting with joy in their hearts.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
can't wait for the Enclosed Pool Area to ask for another sub-sub forum because they can't handle someone saying "Christian is a Dirt Man and Sucks" or something like that

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MotU posted:

can't wait for the Enclosed Pool Area to ask for another sub-sub forum because they can't handle someone saying "Christian is a Dirt Man and Sucks" or something like that

The only solution is a forum for every poster so we can all post exactly the content we want to see

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
ill post what i want where i want when i want because 1) respect for my fellow person is dead 2) cursed by an ancient druid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

MotU posted:

That’s what this forum is for