Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status/1391147438984024065

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
What the gently caress is wrong with Luis Castillo?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Alright Luis Castillo loving sucks

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

the_american_dream posted:

Alright Luis Castillo loving sucks

I'll second that!

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Greinke had a 7-0 lead at the start of the 5th inning and he gives up 4 runs and gets pulled without making an out :argh:

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Kelenic time baby

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Welp not available in any of my leagues. Less pressure to scramble for a drop

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Adell with 2 home runs in AAA today. That's 3 in 5 games. I'm guessing he'll be up in June.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I'm going to have Trout, Soto, Alvarez, Franmil, and Kelenic as my outfield this year. It's a keeper league. I, uh, might just keep my entire outfield.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Just can't keep Tatis in my lineup. :sigh:

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Fuckin' Jake McGee with 10 saves. Tied for 2nd best in the majors. With a stinkin' 4.50 ERA.

I mean, Mark Melancon (don't anyone tell him he's 36), leads the league with 11 saves, but his ERA is 0.60!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
So is Lamet still injured, or an opener now, or what exactly is happening? Whatever it is, it's no good for fantasy.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Not that I'm necessarily looking to move him, but theoretically if I decide that Tatis' injury risk is worrisome and I want to try to move him, what are people getting in return? How big of a value hit is the shoulder or does the fact that he's still producing at an elite level negate most of that?

EDIT: I think the Padres are just being exxxxxttttttraaaaa cautious with Lamet. I'd guess he'll be mostly worthless for fantasy purposes for at least a month.

DeepDickPizza fucked around with this message at 04:30 on May 12, 2021

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

you can go on Yahoo -> Research -> Trade Market and see some trades he's been in. The two 1 for 1 trades were for Trevor Story and Max Scherzer

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Yahoo added the DTD label to Bumgarner after his last start for no reason and they're still rolling with it a week later.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Schweinhund posted:

you can go on Yahoo -> Research -> Trade Market and see some trades he's been in. The two 1 for 1 trades were for Trevor Story and Max Scherzer

I figured I could find something like this on some obscure blog. Didn't realize they had it that directly on the Yahoo site. I've seen the dumb crap comparisons at the top of the page on who I should consider dropping on my roster for flavor of the month guys on the ww, but this is actually fairly helpful. Thanks.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Can Luis Castillo turn around his fortunes in the unlikeliest of places tonight? Colorado?

Nobody who has him on their roster is dropping him yet, right? As much as he's been a turd so far, he's been known to rebound as the season progresses. I'm banking on history repeating itself over the next month or so.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
No way I'm dropping him, but I'm definitely not starting him in Coors either.

(Which means he'll pitch 7 strong with 12 K's now...)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Guys, I think Castillo might suck.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I dropped him in my ten team not sure it was the right call or not but I kind of had to with short IL lists.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
He has been dropped twice in my 10 teamer. The last drop was from me, after his last turd of a start.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Holy fooooookkk!!! He's BAD!!!

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

fawning deference posted:

Kelenic time baby

0-4. bust.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
This is probably like asking about kickers in football but I’ll ask anyway. How do you guys judge your RP spots anywhere but specifically points leagues

Like guys like kimbrel and Diaz will always be ranked high in fantasy for stuff but if I have a McGee available who is just seeing way more opportunities wouldn’t it make more sense to go for him?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
It depends on if you're league just scores saves or saves and holds. I'm in a NSVH league so I just stock up on dudes who get lots of Ks and a hold or two a week.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
They both count but saves more. But if a guy racks up multiple holds a week he’s more valuable.

There are two rp spots. Ideally I like a volume hold guy with a save guy or volume both. Right now I have trivino and kimbrel. McGee is available, neris, Valdez. Kimbrel just isn’t seeing the volume as of now

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Having a lot of save opportunities doesn't mean he's going to continue to keep having them. It's just luck that he has way more saves than Edwin Diaz. And Kapler has talked about replacing McGee so he could lose his job at some point. edit: also the Mets have played 6 fewer games

Schweinhund fucked around with this message at 15:14 on May 14, 2021

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I think my favorite RP right now is Cesar Valdez. He's literally Eddie from Major League, except he's a closer. Nothing but junk, fastball tops out at 85mph.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Schweinhund posted:

Having a lot of save opportunities doesn't mean he's going to continue to keep having them. It's just luck that he has way more saves than Edwin Diaz. And Kapler has talked about replacing McGee so he could lose his job at some point. edit: also the Mets have played 6 fewer games

Yea I agree that’s what I meant by this is basically asking about kickers but then I think I’d like to score points now rather than the theoretical saves Diaz gets a month or two from now. And McGee has gotten two saves since the announcement of possibly moving him out of closer role

So your position is you hold the top closers and ignore the lesser ones getting more opportunities now for your teams?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

It's not about a month from now... it's today there's no more chance Diaz gets a save chance than McGee. If anything the Giants have been lucky and getting more wins and saves than they should based on their skill level and Diaz is more likely to get more. I mostly just look at skill level and try to avoid closers on bad teams since they're less likely to get saves.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

the_american_dream posted:

They both count but saves more. But if a guy racks up multiple holds a week he’s more valuable.

There are two rp spots. Ideally I like a volume hold guy with a save guy or volume both. Right now I have trivino and kimbrel. McGee is available, neris, Valdez. Kimbrel just isn’t seeing the volume as of now

This is hard to answer because in most standard leagues, Jake McGee was drafted or picked up in week one, and guys like him aren't on waivers. I don't know your league's exact settings, but if you can only roster a couple RPs, I think you're right that you want guys with job security. IMO Kimbrel is safer than Trevino or McGee, even with his struggles last year, because he is The Closer in Chicago. McGee and Trevino don't have nearly his track record, and other dudes on those teams have saved games recently. I think I'd drop Trevino for McGee, but it's close, and don't worry too much about it. It sounds like there will always be saves on the wire in this league.

And yes, in general, saves and holds can be streaky and frustrating. Chapman or Hader wont get a save for a week while some guy the Rays just called up has 4 of them lol.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Yermin Mercedes has fallen off after that hot start. Sell high?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Thanks for the answers/discussion guys

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I find H2H points leagues to be nearly unplayably awful. But if you're only able to play two RP pitchers, you should absolutely hold onto the safe established closers rather than chasing the flavor of the week. Saves come in bunches and a lot of relievers' fortunes can turn quite quickly. We're starting to see some things shake out and there are definitely some guys emerging that are going to stick, but it's not worth chasing with only two RP slots. Honestly, with only two spots, it seems there will be a constant supply of useful guys on the wire. I wouldn't waste any time thinking about it. The chances for Kimbrel will come.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Giolito kinda blows this year

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I cut Castillo. My team is eating poo poo and I've had it. I'm sure i'll probably regret it.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
What a funny chain of events this evening

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Again, it's Kelenic time baby

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

fawning deference posted:

Again, it's Kelenic time baby

Slotted him in yesterday when Stanton got scratched. :feelsgood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I gotta be honest, this McGee did not work out well at all for me!