Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
THE BEST MAN VS DARBY 71 56.35%
BUCKS VS SCU 40 31.75%
NAGATA VS MOX 14 11.11%
OC VS PAC 1 0.79%
Total: 126 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MJeff posted:

And the joker at DoN is Alberto. :v:

Here's one. Who's the WORST possible Joker.

Jared Leto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

Hulk Hogan

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

MJeff posted:

Nien Nunb. just "Joking". to be truly bad would just have to be some midcard indy guy, idk, rhett titus just to name a name.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MJeff posted:

Sting

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

The joker is gonna be Nick Gage to capitalize on the hype from Dark Side of the Ring. He's gonna join up with Mox and Eddie Kingston to create the "New MDK" where it stands for "Mox, eDdie, nicK".

Also David Arquette is gonna beat Omega to set up Gage/Arquette 2 for the belt, this is what's known as long term booking.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

A Fancy Hat posted:

The joker is gonna be Nick Gage to capitalize on the hype from Dark Side of the Ring.

This, but unironically. MDK

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ziggy Dice

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm less expectant of a Speedball battle royale surprise especially since they haven't been using Veda at all since the women's tag tournament.

Maybe someone from Impact is the battle royale surprise? Could be Andrade, of course, but I dunno.

This also assumes there's a surprise entrant. The last tag team battle royale didn't have any surprises, did it?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ganso Bomb posted:

I'm less expectant of a Speedball battle royale surprise especially since they haven't been using Veda at all since the women's tag tournament.

Maybe someone from Impact is the battle royale surprise? Could be Andrade, of course, but I dunno.

This also assumes there's a surprise entrant. The last tag team battle royale didn't have any surprises, did it?

All Eggo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Worst Joker would def be Jimmy Havoc.

My guess is Speedball or Gage.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

That was the ladder match, the tag battle royale didn’t have a surprise Joker.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Jebailey

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
That rumor about the EVPs not getting along is making rounds again, and I feel like there may be some truth to it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

heel turn posted:

That rumor about the EVPs not getting along is making rounds again, and I feel like there may be some truth to it.

Like I've said before, I think there is probably some professional disagreements legitimately but also it's getting played up to the dirtsheets.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

heel turn posted:

there isn't. These dudes aren't 25 anymore. They all have their own businesses to deal with so they're not gonna go fishing on their offtime together.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
cody's america rah rah promo was the straw that broke the camel's back

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kunabomber posted:

embarrassed the showbuzzdaily guys so much they stopped posting ratings

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kunabomber posted:

Kenny was outraged that Cody would promote America over Canada, AEW is ruined

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

PAC and Penta have IRL heat and haven’t been on screen together since DON 2020, which is why the trios tournament never took off. Any time you see them in a match, it’s always a composite shot

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

heel turn posted:

Didn't this rumor start on Cornette's podcast? Yeah, that's a guy I'm really gonna trust to have the inside scoop on a bunch of wrestlers who want nothing to do with him.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

heel turn posted:

Based on what, exactly?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
I believe it because I don't want to imagine what kind of sick world it would be if someone actually liked Cody Rhodes

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
i love sammy vlog cody rhodes

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/MinasCorrup/status/1393232806734704640?s=20

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

heel turn posted:

But also, who gives a poo poo? It neither enhances nor detracts from my enjoyment of the product to know if Cody and the Bucks are still pals.

Like, almost all of the references I’ve seen to this have been in the context of “but Meltzer is too much of a coward to report it,” which also: who cares?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Bear Bronson
Bear Boulder
Bear Brian

See? He fits, all BB. Two big 'B' is perfect like Bloodborne. Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

But also, who gives a poo poo? It neither enhances nor detracts from my enjoyment of the product to know if Cody and the Bucks are still pals.

Like, almost all of the references I’ve seen to this have been in the context of “but Meltzer is too much of a coward to report it,” which also: who cares?

I guess the idea is that they all hate eachothers guts (or at least Cody and Kenny or The Bucks) do so the company is going to fail because they're all unprofessional and can't work together.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

hearing that the elite and hangman hate each other's guts

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

EVPs are pissed that they didn't get Sonny Onno on TNT.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the only weird thing to me is how completely discrete the border between CodyWorld & The Elite is, like he hasn't interacted with any of them since ... when? so yeah, but these guys have the best show on cable TV in a year and a half of building, and there's enough airtime and side hustles for the entire roster to wet their beaks (between dynamite, internet shows, indie dates, vlogs/podcasts, merch, etc)

it'll be interesting to see how if ever Cody interacts with Omega or Hangman or maybe the Nightmare Bros interact with The Bucks, not that it has to happen, but if eventually it does

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

MotU posted:

I believe it because I don't want to imagine what kind of sick world it would be if someone actually liked Cody Rhodes

There is a person who likes Cody Rhodes: it is Cody Rhodes.

Also Brandi.

Also probably Dustin.

But not me!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

projecthalaxy posted:

There is a person who likes Cody Rhodes: it is Cody Rhodes.

i think the entrances are a cry for help

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

MotU posted:

pharoah was sure crying for help thats for sure

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MotU posted:

Adrenaline
In My Soul
Nobody likes Cody Rhodes

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

smarxist posted:

the only weird thing to me is how completely discrete the border between CodyWorld & The Elite is, like he hasn't interacted with any of them since ... when? so yeah, but these guys have the best show on cable TV in a year and a half of building, and there's enough airtime and side hustles for the entire roster to wet their beaks (between dynamite, internet shows, indie dates, vlogs/podcasts, merch, etc)

it'll be interesting to see how if ever Cody interacts with Omega or Hangman or maybe the Nightmare Bros interact with The Bucks, not that it has to happen, but if eventually it does

I'd put money on Cody screwing over Hangman at some point and reuniting with The Elite.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Oil! posted:

EVPs are pissed that they didn't get Sonny Onno on TNT.

Gotta wonder if Nakamura got to experience the AEW backstage environment

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the person that started the EVP rumor isn't even legally allowed to enter the US. I will not name names(and you shouldn't either) but you already know who it is.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
the only "cody and kenny/bucks hate eachother" stuff i've heard has come from Brian Last who claims to have literal emails from cody and kenny but won't discuss the contents or release them

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

JUNGLE BOY posted:

The quarter ratings are out in the latest WON and number go up during and after Cody’s promo

Inner Circle segment was the peak, too

Looks like women's division was the main thing dragging the number down; time to just scrap it and become all beef wrestling

boar guy posted:

i'm always a day behind on this stuff because i'm on the west coast so i dont watch live but i just wanted to say i really enjoyed the stagecraft? visual storytelling? of darby having the headlocks/chokeholds sunk and working on miro but then he has to break them because of the injury he suffered falling down the stairs. my kid calls that sort of thing "character development" and the E never, ever had it

Darby did a really good job of selling the shoulder during those submissions, having to change arms, and Excalibur did an awesome job pointing it out and that Darby was changing his grip trying to hold on

MJeff posted:

My first thought was Ryback, but Alberto would actually be worse than that I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

coconono posted:

the person that started the EVP rumor isn't even legally allowed to enter the US. I will not name names(and you shouldn't either) but you already know who it is.

i did already know who it was, and i knew it 2 years ago