Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tae posted:

How to use Hu Tao effectively:

1) If stamina is an issue, do 3 attacks into charge attack. The damage difference is minor enough in most cases over having stamina available for other actions like sprinting or dodging.

2) Her charge attack has to be jump cancelled after the hit, so she only travels a tiny bit. Practice on a floor or something big and stationary that can't juggle.

I looked it up and realized I was doing it wrong.

The correct way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATbHRmv5DM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selane
May 19, 2006

YoshiOfYellow posted:

How did Rosaria turn out anyways? I wasn't playing or paying much attention when she released I just know everyone was excited for her because booba.
I have her at C4 (though it was incidental as I was pulling for Tartaglia and ended up with a bunch of Rosarias along the way). I didn't even use her at first, but recently I've been trying out the permafreeze thing with her as the main dps and it's one of the most fun comps I've tried so far. You can absolutely use Kaeya or someone instead but either way it's really fun and very strong against large powerful enemies. I was just trying it out but it's one of my favorite teams to play now so I'm gonna keep building her up and see how far I can take it. She's pretty well suited to it as her skill has a pretty low cd and her burst can apply cryo to nearby enemies without you really needing to pay attention. I have no idea how she is as a support, though.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

YoshiOfYellow posted:

But they just completely deflated Barbara's enthusiasm with the "right voice takes". I remember several jokes being made that she got depression from Rosaria berating her too much.

Her original voice fit the idol thing and was good. Apparently in non-english languages she has that tiny/shy voice, so they wanted to replicate that and instead just made Depressed Barbara.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mailer posted:

Her original voice fit the idol thing and was good. Apparently in non-english languages she has that tiny/shy voice, so they wanted to replicate that and instead just made Depressed Barbara.

Certainly fits every scene she's been in outside of combat as far as I can remember.

Gave her a slice of depth to have her normally be a somewhat timid person outside of fights but put on a brave face when she's in one but that's getting into headcannons so I'll stop now.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
They've put out a survey about the Energy Amplifier event and the housing system. It's clear there are a few things they're aware of already based on the available complaints -- such as that interacting with Tubby is too cumbersome, or that furnishing sets need to actually tell you if you own the furnishing but it's in use instead of just acting like you have zero of them -- but feel free to let them know and all that.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I literally stopped using Barbara when the clips were changed so thanks for letting me transfer all her artifacts to Diona, I guess.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I stopped using barbara as soon I got Bennet

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

This was a good survey. I could only really complain about furniture sets, furniture inventory, and the teapot spirit.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Interesting windtrace event, but I worry that some amount of players will miss out on being the Hunter for the mora Hunter achievements. Who knows, maybe Mihiyo knows how to do matchmaking for 3v1?

Selane
May 19, 2006

Nakar posted:

but feel free to let them know and all that.
also make sure to try and get them fired

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Surveys where they intentionally ask you what you didn't like are meaningless. All that matters is how loud you yelled at a phone monkey.

I kind of wish they'd take my "Neutral" as actually neutral in these. Most of this stuff just plays out like daily commissions - I do it because it's there. That trips as a negative response and now they're asking me what I didn't like but not balancing it with what I liked. It makes all my (honest) responses skew way more negative than they should.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Stare-Out posted:

I've been leveling up Yanfei so Xingqiu has gotten some love along the way and really, for anyone who has him, just level him up anyway because he'll be useful to you in some way. I'm just glad to have a character pairing that synergize as well as Hu Tao and Xingqiu do. The vaporize damage is absolutely silly and they're not even fully leveled/kitted up yet. I hope they switch up the Mona/Qiqi/Keqing banner soon and throw Hu Tao on there. The things I'd do for her C1.

The only downside to Hu Tao/Xingqiu is that I have to force myself to use anyone else (unless I'm fighting a Pyro enemy or something), because there's just such a massive damage difference.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I hit AR45 today and started trying to farm Millileth for Zhongli. I can see why people hate farming artifacts. On the plus side I'll have a ton of Pale Flame artifacts to throw at anyone who might use them one day!

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I'm almost at AR56 and I feel like that will be the biggest accomplishment in the entire game

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
I'm impressed at how much I hate this event. 4200 to get all the gems, I just got 180 for waiting around for 5 minutes. No, nonono.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

inthesto posted:

I'm almost at AR56 and I feel like that will be the biggest accomplishment in the entire game

I rolled over late last week, and it did feel like a milestone.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

AR56 club!

Still, wish the reward was better, considering how long it took.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

So this girl Eula is the next 5* feature right? I was looking over all the info on her and she seems pretty cool. Always a sucker for cryo users. Have there been any good leaks of her gameplay? I wonder if she's gonna be any good.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
She'll almost certainly be better than Razor, but she doesn't look to be the same level of power creep that Ganyu/Hu Tao were. She'll probably end up somewhere around the more or less balanced 5* damage dealers (ie, better than Keqing, somewhere in the Klee/Xiao/Diluc/Tartaglia pile). Things can still change though.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:23 on May 14, 2021

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Found gameplay, I'm already sold just on her animations. She's excessively twirly it's pretty great.

And yeah now that you bring up Razor she does look to be a 5* Cryo version of him. Neat! I'm not gonna snag Zhongli but I should have a comfy pity lined up for her.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Windtrace out in NA. I actually enjoy it. Trick as hunter is use capture a LOT, it has a 5 second cooldown, and beeline for the favor as soon as it appears. For the annoying rebel achievement go up a tree in Wuwang Hill.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
Windtrace is pretty cool, yeah, and doesn't seem like too much of a grind. Hunters have a pretty stacked advantage at least on some maps but Rebel victories aren't too bad.

The biggest advice for Rebels is that this is not hide and seek, this is tag. Hunter capture comes off cooldown so fast that they will be scanning every batch of objects that look promising just on reflex; the easiest way to get captured is to sit in the same spot as a lamp or something and hope you won't get pinged for the duration. If the hunter even gets close to you it's time to book it, sprint away and go invis once you think you've broken line of sight and try to throw them off.

For Hunters, favor is basically a You Win button so if you can get it, well, You Win, especially if you've nabbed 1-2 people in advance. You can also use it as a lure to see if you can get a Rebel to move to it as well. If a rebel gets it try to save it for the last 30s of the match because it'll prevent the Hunter's last-30s speed boost from being able to catch you. Hunter's can also use a button on the f5 event page to change their favor ability between three options; the default reveals everyone for a short time, the first alt reveals a single person for a long time, and the second alt will lock a dude down if they're running away from you.

Height affecting character speed still applies, mind, so if you're playing Diluc/Childe/Zhongli/any other tall boy you will naturally be sprinting a bit faster. I was able to run circles around a chasing Diona hunter for a big chunk of a match at one point.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

It feels kind of like Witch It! I don't mind it, it's neat to have something that isn't just murdering or domains. Somewhat hoping this is a test case for more diverse multiplayer activities.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
My experience so far is in 2 rebel games I climbed a tree and didn't have to move the whole match and climbing a windmill and also not having to move the whole match.

In my only match as a hunter one of the players ran back into my line of sight with the 3 second countdown going and lead me to another player allowing me to capture two players at once in the first 5 seconds of the match. Then I slowly tracked down the last player and won within a minute of the start.

Edit: I already have all my coins for the day because of these three matches.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Mona is actually a problem in this mode, there are some maps like the winery where she's effectively invisible when moving. My hunter ulti also didn't show her location for some reason.

Got all the rewards before people figured out how to play the game though so I can relax. The bait counter reward is weird I don't know how it works.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Good thing I just got Mona, lol

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Tanreall posted:

My experience so far is in 2 rebel games I climbed a tree and didn't have to move the whole match and climbing a windmill and also not having to move the whole match.

In my only match as a hunter one of the players ran back into my line of sight with the 3 second countdown going and lead me to another player allowing me to capture two players at once in the first 5 seconds of the match. Then I slowly tracked down the last player and won within a minute of the start.

Edit: I already have all my coins for the day because of these three matches.

There are also the Mora achievements. Remember that!

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Mailer posted:

Surveys where they intentionally ask you what you didn't like are meaningless. All that matters is how loud you yelled at a phone monkey.
Having seen the way they've been changing things over time since the surveys started, I get the sense they are somewhat interested in people's feedback and may adjust things if there's sufficient player opinion for or against it.

An interesting thing to see going forward is how they react to some of the questions in the aesthetics survey. I got asked questions about Sucrose and Albedo that implied they were trying to gauge whether people liked that characters of the same faction have identifiable common features, which I think is sort of them asking whether e.g. Knights of Favonius characters should be designed to be distinguishable as such on a glance (as Kaeya, Jean, Sucrose, Albedo, and Eula are) or whether people prefer varied visual design (Amber and Klee are associated with the Knights but use red as their color scheme rather than the white and blue the others use). If we start seeing faction-aligned characters adhering to a common aesthetic, or in the reverse start seeing new Knights characters that don't match the color scheme of most of the others, that would tell us that they did pay attention to the survey and that results seemed to indicate people preferred things one way or the other.

It's true that there are a number of complaints they very obviously already know about, and we're probably getting fixes and adjustments for them regardless of whether people are upset by them or not. Asking in those cases is probably just a way of making changes they were going to make anyway while giving players the sense that they were heard about them. The housing UI being really janky and annoying is clearly already on their radar and I don't need to tell them it has issues for them to start addressing them, but I did anyway.

EDIT: Considering how much money this game's made and how important it is to keep the playerbase active and hyped during long droughts between exploration content releases, I do think they're trying to get as much information as they can about what keeps people logging in and/or pulling, so it's no surprise to me that they ask about why you did/didn't do previous events and what you like/dislike about new characters and would want to see in upcoming ones. It's basically just using the playerbase as a focus group, and trying to figure out what sorts of events will maximize retention and spending. I doubt it totally steers their actions but they probably compare survey results against internal data collection to see if what people think interests or engages them matches with what actually appears to drive engagement with the game.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 17:43 on May 14, 2021

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Flair posted:

Yeah, I got two of them already. The no disguise one and capture within 10 seconds of using hunch.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Windtrace is hilarious. I have no idea why but hiding in a tree disguised as a haybale made me cackle like an idiot. 3 matches to max out coins. Pretty fun!

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

Mona is actually a problem in this mode, there are some maps like the winery where she's effectively invisible when moving. My hunter ulti also didn't show her location for some reason.

Got all the rewards before people figured out how to play the game though so I can relax. The bait counter reward is weird I don't know how it works.

Yep, if you're not a Mona user, you turn into a puddle while holding your dash button, and it doesn't even drain stamina to hold it while not moving.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

New event seemed fun, capped today's coins on three attempts after getting hunter and winning twice.

Canopus250 fucked around with this message at 17:48 on May 14, 2021

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Flair posted:

Are they actually achievements or just 50k

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Boris Galerkin posted:

Are they actually achievements or just 50k

I only mean the 50k rewards.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Seeing as it's coming up to the ides of the month, I decided to try out the new floor 11. 11-1 is the easiest floor of all the abyssal moon levels. No reason you should finishing it at 3 stars with everyone at full health and all ults charged. Very nice.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Nakar posted:

An interesting thing to see going forward is how they react to some of the questions in the aesthetics survey.
I wonder if it has to do with costumes/visual updates or if they're just using that feedback to try and make people from similar factions (Like the aforementioned Knights of Fovonious) look similar at a glance.

I know there's the rumor of skins coming up soon, but I think it's over for me once they start rolling in more often, I will Gaccha the hell out of a skin I like for a character I play often.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

I just thought the characters were color schemed off their element. If they went away from that being so dominant it would be cool, it's not like they need to be color coded for pvp or anything.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Ok, just to add on, LOVE Windtrace. I just had a nailbiter match where I ended up being the sole survivor among the rebels. Got spotted grabbing the favor, booked it hardcore, managed to redisguise and hide until the very end. Popped out so they could see me one last time and popped my invis.

What a cool diversion it is!

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I'm really glad some of y'all are enjoying this!

I loving hate it and am going to afk as Mona right click until they find me every time basically, this isn't an enjoyable game for me at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I'm terrible at hide and seek AND tag :(