Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

zionism israel BAD and DUMB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Israel is going to keep doing what its been doing for decades, which is ethnic cleansing. the peace process is a smoke screen to buy more time to complete this aim. a one state solution is a pipe dream, even moreso than a two-state solution

BDS is by far the best course of action

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

paul_soccer12 posted:

do you think they open the cage in gaza and let all 2 million palestinians integrate into israel, or do they just keep trying to kill and expel them

Any one state solution needs to include everyone in the west bank and gaza.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

lol I was just looking for this last night
https://twitter.com/MaxBlumenthal/status/1393278384722128898?s=20

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

mcmagic posted:

Any one state solution needs to include everyone in the west bank and gaza.

that is anathema to the israeli state project. they would go samson option before they let that happen because it would destroy the idea of israel as a jewish (ethno)state

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

paul_soccer12 posted:

what do you think happens to the palestinians in the existing bantustans once the one state solution is adopted

Fortunately, I am not saying the one state solution should happen: I am pointing out that pretending the two state solution is more "realistic" than any other solution is laughable, liberal zionists are lying when they say they would support a two state solution, and if anyone believes them they are an idiot.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

paul_soccer12 posted:

just cut off their funding and aid and watch them wither on the vine

it's never been just about the aid, it's the fact that we're Israel's biggest trading partner and that we're basically the biggest source of commerce for them

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Israel cannot do what it has been doing without the support of the (primarily) United States and (distant secondarily) other western nations like Germany and Canada

If the US swaps its Iran policy with its Israel policy, israel is hosed.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

paul_soccer12 posted:

that is anathema to the israeli state project. they would go samson option before they let that happen because it would destroy the idea of israel as a jewish (ethno)state

When I say one state solution, i mean a multiethnic state where everyone has equal voting and movement rights including all of Israel and the occupied territories. The "two state solution" is a fig leaf to what is going on now and completely unserious.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
ok you dont know what youre talking about

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Why is mcmagic posting in c-spam?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Nothing is going to happen to Israel. Eventually at some point the Palestinians will be effectively wiped out as a people. Then some years after the fact we'll look back on it with shame and indignation. We'll say we should have done something. We made mistakes but we've learned from. More than that, we've made changes. We'll promise that something like this will never happen again. And on it goes.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

paperwind posted:

Why is mcmagic posting in c-spam?

we keep him in the succ thread like a pet, or an experiment

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
a good first step would be to "vote" "out" (;)) US politicians who enable Israels crimes and once their seats are open (from democracy voting) elect ones who dont scrape for AIPAC and will use their political power to gently caress over israel as much as possible with boycotts, divestment, and sanctions

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
if you voted for joe biden i hope your loving roof collapses on you in your sleep tonight

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

christmas boots posted:

Nothing is going to happen to Israel. Eventually at some point the Palestinians will be effectively wiped out as a people. Then some years after the fact we'll look back on it with shame and indignation. We'll say we should have done something. We made mistakes but we've learned from. More than that, we've made changes. We'll promise that something like this will never happen again. And on it goes.

I'm not saying "it's different this time" but it does feel like the nature of this conflict is shifting somewhat. Just the fact that there has been street fighting between Jews and Arabs in Israel is new, unexpected, and I guarantee has got heads spinning in Washington. It really does call into question the future viability of Israel as a coherent state. Yeah they can sit on the West Bank and Gaza forever as occupied territory, but what do they do when their enemies are their own citizens?

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

skip to like 2:25
https://twitter.com/DanielGHajjar/status/1393236365253484544?s=20

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

mcmagic posted:

When I say one state solution, i mean a multiethnic state where everyone has equal voting and movement rights including all of Israel and the occupied territories. The "two state solution" is a fig leaf to what is going on now and completely unserious.

israel has specifically stated that equal voting rights is one of their "israel has fallen" criteria, i.e. justification for the nukes to fly

what we are seeing is just the latest cycle of what the idf calls "mowing the grass." every few years they deliberately precipitate some crisis / flashpoint, kill and maim a few thousand palestinians, destroy more of their critical infrastructure, steal a few more homes, and then go back to life as normal, until little by little there will be no more palestine at all. neither israel nor the israeli people have any desire for a multiethnic state

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I'm not saying "it's different this time" but it does feel like the nature of this conflict is shifting somewhat. Just the fact that there has been street fighting between Jews and Arabs in Israel is new, unexpected, and I guarantee has got heads spinning in Washington. It really does call into question the future viability of Israel as a coherent state. Yeah they can sit on the West Bank and Gaza forever as occupied territory, but what do they do when their enemies are their own citizens?

i would say all of the "lets mark all the homes of arab citizens in israel for targeted mob violence" and the fact that netanyahu just called for the administrative detention of israeli arabs (i.e. imprisonment without trial for crimes that haven't even been committed) is a pretty clear indicator of what they're going to do

Grizzled Patriarch has issued a correction as of 20:13 on May 14, 2021

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

paul_soccer12 posted:

if you voted for joe biden i hope your loving roof collapses on you in your sleep tonight

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I guess something about watching this unfold has crack-pinged me straight into "better things really aren't possible. Mankind is forever locked into a perpetuating cycle of ignoring atrocities and pretending to have learned something from them"

I'd like to be wrong.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

israel has specifically stated that equal voting rights is one of their "israel has fallen" criteria, i.e. justification for the nukes to fly

what we are seeing is just the latest cycle of what the idf calls "mowing the grass." every few years they deliberately precipitate some crisis / flashpoint, kill and maim a few thousand palestinians, destroy more of their critical infrastructure, steal a few more homes, and then go back to life as normal, until little by little there will be no more palestine at all. neither israel nor the israeli people have any desire for a multiethnic state

exactly

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

paul_soccer12 posted:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Yes I know all this. The point is that Israel cannot continue to exist as it currently does.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lol if true

https://twitter.com/allushiii_new/status/1393277123549347847

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

the bappening

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

it is so loving baaaaaaaaaaad

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Rah! posted:

"nasheed" is the word ur looking for i think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMfTKK-OFjg

This isn't a nasheed.
e: the one your responding to, not the one you posted.
NICK CLEGG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkPyhcW5b7k

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZUVKa2dTnU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

The Samson option is bullshit, and Israel won't let the nukes fly because they gave equal voting rights to Arabs in the occupied territories - because they'll never grant them.

https://twitter.com/enn0lesh/status/1392970491678257153?s=20

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Reminder that Bari didn't get invited to a single social event during her exile in Australia. One of the most deeply dislikable people on Earth.

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

In hindsight it was only a matter of time before the non-Jewish residents in a Jewish ethnostate became its fifth column, and I wish them all the best in bringing down Israeli society from the inside.

Are only Jews allowed to own firearms in Israel?

OK baizuo has issued a correction as of 20:37 on May 14, 2021

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

hope it was painful

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

i would say all of the "lets mark all the homes of arab citizens in israel for targeted mob violence" and the fact that netanyahu just called for the administrative detention of israeli arabs (i.e. imprisonment without trial for crimes that haven't even been committed) is a pretty clear indicator of what they're going to do

and if Israel Kristalnacht-ing their own citizens is the future of that country, it just doesn't indicate stability. It shows a regime on the defensive in a war that can never be won. Even in the 80s, I wonder if it looked like white rule in South Africa would last forever. Israel is obviously not going to go the same way, but I look at the events of the past few days and it just looks like the center cannot hold.

In a similar vein I wonder if, after the recent violence dies down, Netanyahu will be forced out of office by American pressure. He induced this war for political reasons, after all, and the mob violence in Israel is going to be real hard to paper over (for PR reasons in the US, obviously Israelis don't give a poo poo). He could be a useful scapegoat so the media can say, "see? the bad man that was leading Israel down the path of fascism is gone, now it's ok to like Israel again"

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OK baizuo posted:

In hindsight it was only a matter of time before the non-Jewish residents in a Jewish ethnostate became its fifth column, and I wish them all the best in bringing down Israeli society from the inside.

Are only Jews allowed to own firearms in Israel?

Technically no, but practically yes. There aren't even that many firearms in private circulation in Israel to begin with though, even after they lifted licensing restrictions. It's still way easier for Palestinians to get a firearm in Israel than the West Bank, legally or otherwise, because Israel isn't blockaded.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Zedhe Khoja posted:

This isn't a nasheed.
e: the one your responding to, not the one you posted.

my bad. the dude asked about music in "islamist propaganda videos" and i was responding to that.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

and if Israel Kristalnacht-ing their own citizens is the future of that country, it just doesn't indicate stability. It shows a regime on the defensive in a war that can never be won. Even in the 80s, I wonder if it looked like white rule in South Africa would last forever. Israel is obviously not going to go the same way, but I look at the events of the past few days and it just looks like the center cannot hold.

In a similar vein I wonder if, after the recent violence dies down, Netanyahu will be forced out of office by American pressure. He induced this war for political reasons, after all, and the mob violence in Israel is going to be real hard to paper over (for PR reasons in the US, obviously Israelis don't give a poo poo). He could be a useful scapegoat so the media can say, "see? the bad man that was leading Israel down the path of fascism is gone, now it's ok to like Israel again"

The violence always gets worse, and Israelis only ever move towards the right. If Netanyahu leaves office it's not going to be some peacenik who replaces him.

There also hasn't been any Palestinian uprisings in Israel since the 2nd intifada, and that's a span of 20 years. So long as Israel doesn't do something absolutely outrageous like attacking Al-Aqsa worshippers on Ramadan, Arab citizens of Israel have more incentive not to rebel. Especially if rising up means they're gonna get kristallnacht'd. Israel is going to be a lot more resilient than any of us would like. Even if it comes to the absolutely worst case scenario, Arabs are only 20% of the population in Israel proper and they could always try a second Nakba before they give up on the Jewish ethnostate.

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

This reminds me of milgoons and other US Soldiers ironically laughing it up about how they kill babies, just utter filth

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

mcmagic posted:

Yes I know all this. The point is that Israel cannot continue to exist as it currently does.

you’re right. Eventually they will complete their genocide

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Good Citizen posted:

you’re right. Eventually they will complete their genocide

Apartheid South Africa was overthrown. It's not an inevitability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy