Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

...No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
I have saved in a new game/start multiple times now.
I have had no problems.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

My save from early access survived :shrug:

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

that's the bug that really soured my experience with the first game. everything was perfect until i was in the lost river and couldn't save and already crashed 3 times. i just kept the game running and rushed through the end which sucked

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
oh my god they did it, they actually did it

in the area past the final invisible vestibule, there's a terraforming mechanic

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

New gameplay trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZrjL1SzGvM

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I can't get steam to update it - is "May-2021 44290" the 1.0 release?

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
I am deeply disappointed that we cannot customize our own PRAWN. Or better yet, put a spike on the front of the seatruck to gently caress with those face-chewing bastards.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Bhodi posted:

I can't get steam to update it - is "May-2021 44290" the 1.0 release?

Yeah, it was Feb-42069 or something before the update

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
I will never not enjoy the first "report bugs with f8!" notification lining up exactly with your entryship's door refusing to open.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

JawnV6 posted:

I assumed that poster was referring to the independent buttons for controlling the light and map on the seaglide.

Speaking of, does turning those things of save any power drain? I usually keep them off because I feel like it would.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

the light definitely drains power. I would assume the map does too but I always left it off cause it was more annoying than useful

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

The seaglide map is far more useful in BZ than in vanilla because the former has a lot more of cramped and deep caves where the map helps for orientation/navigation.

Laughing Zealot fucked around with this message at 21:21 on May 14, 2021

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

... I'mma wait until the first hotfix.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Oh my GOD the mineral finder

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

I played this since early early access. I had my save game set right at the limit of where the beta game could go. Was ready for a lot more content today. Was not ready for about 5 min of new game then it being over.

Going to start up a fresh game and play it all over!

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

badjohny posted:

I played this since early early access. I had my save game set right at the limit of where the beta game could go. Was ready for a lot more content today. Was not ready for about 5 min of new game then it being over.

That's exactly what they said it was though?

I had one more thing to go before I got to the end but I think I'll start over from scratch anyways.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I played to the end in the last EA build so I’ll probably hop in to see the ending. But what’s in the patch notes? What did they add in this 5gb update besides the ending?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Demiurge4 posted:

I played to the end in the last EA build so I’ll probably hop in to see the ending. But what’s in the patch notes? What did they add in this 5gb update besides the ending?

bitcoin miner

my update was 90mb though, unless I missed a huge one downloading in the background?

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 23:21 on May 14, 2021

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
I think I'm seeing fewer of those annoying tetrapod things around. I feel like they were everywhere before the update.

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Demiurge4 posted:

Well there is a dynamic animated pengling on the loading screen.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Today I figured out power cells are not better batteries and now i done turned all my batteries into something I can't use yet oops

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

I'm interested in this game but the Seatruck seems way boringer than the Cyclops. The Cyclops could become an amazing mobile base and I had tons of fun carefully navigating it into the depths and customizing the interior.

Is the Seatruck nearly as fun?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

it's the same thing but modular, so you can actually customize it and decide how much storage and features you want to carry around in your mobile base, also it looks like poo poo

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Khanstant posted:

Today I figured out power cells are not better batteries and now i done turned all my batteries into something I can't use yet oops

You will soon get an item that lets you deconstruct things into their component parts so hang onto them.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

JerikTelorian posted:

No, but A) it's still more Subnautica and I'm sure there were things you enjoyed besides the Cyclops, and B) a lot of things you might not end up liking about it can be modded away.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

it's the same thing but modular, so you can actually customize it and decide how much storage and features you want to carry around in your mobile base, also it looks like poo poo

I'm another Sea Truck stan but the amount of storage you get in the storage modules is pretty unimpressive.

JerikTelorian posted:

I'm interested in this game but the Seatruck seems way boringer than the Cyclops. The Cyclops could become an amazing mobile base and I had tons of fun carefully navigating it into the depths and customizing the interior.

Flatly: no. No cool voice, almost no customisation aside from a picture in the sleeper module, no sense of ponderous majesty as you navigate the icy depths (just annoyance as you bang the rear section into things), etc.

But it's pretty useful and probably more balanced from a gameplay perspective.

"Sea Truck" is actually a pretty apt name, it's like a base-model workhorse.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Sea Clunk more like

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Ethics_Gradient posted:

I'm another Sea Truck stan but the amount of storage you get in the storage modules is pretty unimpressive.

it's got fewer slots (at least unless you go fuckin nuts with storage modules) but I found myself struggling with the space limits a lot less, possibly because the cave portions of the game are so much less extensive and the lategame fetch quests are relatively restrained so I didn't feel the need to always be hauling around three seabases worth of construction materials and every piece of weird crap I'd ever encountered on the off chance the game would send me traveling for half an hour to go get them and come back

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 02:18 on May 15, 2021

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The Seatruck makes more sense given the more tightly constructed size of the map. As far as I can tell so far (having built the mk2 depth module), you don't really need to spend like 15 minutes trekking from one end of the map to the other, and given the uselessness of the Seamoth after a certain point in the original game, being able to actually have mobility and customizability in the depths should make for a less sluggish and annoying late game.

I don't really miss the Cyclops aside from the flavour and atmosphere it added. Actually moving it somewhere in like the Lava Lakes was such a pain in the rear end. That said the Seatruck really is hideous.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The storage module needed to be at least twice as big, it's a loving truck not a SeaCabinet

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Danaru posted:

The storage module needed to be at least twice as big, it's a loving truck not a SeaCabinet

Sea "Truck"

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
The storage modules would be fine if they didn't slow you down if you felt like using 3 of them.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The actual worst thing about the Seatruck is that unless it was added in this patch, it doesn’t seem like you can make thermal or solar generator upgrades for it

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
Does it get a thermal unit? That's how I kept my cyclops alive. Speaking of, you reminded me of when you could put solar panels on the cyclops. Some of the jank is endearing.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

At most I carry 2 storage.
I really couldnt imagine doing the whole thing.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I only built fabricator module, one storage, and the prawn carrier. The rest seemed kinda pointless

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Kinda bummed I have this lovely truck thing instead of a cool sub to walk around in

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

WarpedNaba posted:

... I'mma wait until the first hotfix.

It saved just fine after trying again, but yeah. There's little hiccups here and there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Mid game spoiler: So are you supposed to be able to barely squeeze the truck into the undersea doors to get into that mine? You can just barely squeeze it in with no modules. Is there a way to open the doors more fully? It's a pain in the rear end pushing the truck through the gate, but I can't figure out another way to breathe long enough once you're in. The prawn suit probably fits, but I didn't unlock it until after I got down there.