Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
THE BEST MAN VS DARBY 71 56.35%
BUCKS VS SCU 40 31.75%
NAGATA VS MOX 14 11.11%
OC VS PAC 1 0.79%
Total: 126 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm glad that AEW is taking food out of Nick Cave's children's mouths.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Just, accept that people will scream ripoff, license the actual song, dress the man in a Guy Ritchie gangster outfit, and while we're at it stylizing his name as the Olympic rings is pretty good but make his logo like Olympic ring brass knuckles instead, and then you've got an English gangster character on your hands, and if you go hard enough on it that'll maybe even help people look past the fact that the most Aryan-looking man in the company is lecturing a biracial immigrant about the virtues of multicultural America

He is already an english gangster character, and apparently it hasn't helped Cody look less white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

just wait til you hear who his mom is lol

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ogogo's look is typical London fashion, it's only riffing on Peaky Blinders in that everyone's riffing on Peaky Blinders these days. Like if you want a British gangster vibe then Will Ospreay's doing that way more closely in New Japan

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Rarity posted:

Ogogo's look is typical London fashion, it's only riffing on Peaky Blinders in that everyone's riffing on Peaky Blinders

Londoners are forever getting their union jacks caught in doors.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

they should dress ogogo up like the wolfenstein guy and give him wolfenstein music and put cody in a mecha hitler suit and film their match from a gopro mounted on ogogo's chest

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ChrisBTY posted:

I do not know why they don't space their shows out more.

BTE and Sammy Vlog were Monday and Tuesday before Dynamite was a thing, would be weird to move them.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
they should dress him up like Mr. Blobby.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Shayna Baszler posted:

they should dress him up like Mr. Blobby.

Please, give him his proper title: Lord Blobby of Crinklybottom.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
For the one person who doesn't get the reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97fw8xjB5u4

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

they should dress ogogo up like the wolfenstein guy and give him wolfenstein music and put cody in a mecha hitler suit and film their match from a gopro mounted on ogogo's chest
anthony ogopro

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Anthony Agogo and Kip Sabien should team up and have a Chuckle Brothers gimmick

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I really liked Gangs of London, so I’m interested to see where this goes next.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

flatluigi posted:

god aew needs to put something on for people to talk about between wednesday and monday

The second show ... someday

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Give him a go-go dancer gimmick it's right there.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rarity posted:

For the one person who doesn't get the reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97fw8xjB5u4

I was hoping it would be this. Jack is genuinely terrified

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

jack whitehall loving sucks

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
Jack Whitehall set an elaborate trap to murder Bret Hart at the first Double or Nothing.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That was such a weird choice for a celebrity host. Surely nobody in the US knows who the gently caress he is, and he’s not exactly a household name at home.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Almost as if they were trying to cater to the English market also :thunk:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah but who the gently caress here thinks “oh yeah Jack Whitehall, that’s a must watch thing”

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Think about it, you hear "Jack Whitehall on the wrestling show", there's at least a chance he'll go through a table.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Anthony Ogogo giving soft spoken, metaphor filled monologues about the nature of violence in between every match, getting his rear end absolutely kicked the entire time, then pulling out the victory even though his body is falling him. I dunno man, sounds more like Darby to me.

If Ogogo is BJ Blazcowitz, who's AEW DoomGuy?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Vince MechMahon posted:

Anthony Ogogo giving soft spoken, metaphor filled monologues about the nature of violence in between every match, getting his rear end absolutely kicked the entire time, then pulling out the victory even though his body is falling him. I dunno man, sounds more like Darby to me.

Wardlow

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Iirc Jack Whitehall has an interest in pro wrestling and even did some training, maybe that was part of it

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Too calm.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

archer

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

pac.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

Which is why seeing him scared shitless is fun

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Halfway between that and Hell's Bells.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

yea ok posted:

just wait til you hear who his mom is lol

Cody going to change his ringname to X-PoC

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Give Anthony Ogogo a Chev Chelios gimmick

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

Vince MechMahon posted:

According to Jack Evans, the answer is Jack Evans.
https://twitter.com/AEWGames/status/1393608706764464128?s=19

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
the only thing Jack Evans rips is a huge bong and they call him the Choom Slayer

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

MotU posted:

lol

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Racial/patriotic/privileged content aside, the promo was just plain poorly laid out. The logical leaps in that thing were insane, but Cody pours on so much raw emotional delivery that it's easy for people to fall into it.

Actually I think I just described all of politics, so I guess that checks out.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MotU posted:

lol

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Maybe if we all just pick an endless stupid cody promo and all agree to take one for the team and clap and cheer and say "yes, you've finally surpassed the hard times promo you are definitely your dad" he will stop

Like how wwe crowds cpuld have saved us all if they had just swallowed their pride and chanted "thank you hunter" in 2008

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I didn't realize he was talking about Shahid Khan at the time so I was just completely baffled he was so specifically honoring the inventor of the single piece bumper, of all the things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AK-47
Jul 10, 2001

MotU posted:

the only thing Jack Evans rips is a huge bong and they call him the Choom Slayer

:2bong: