Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
we like wrestling, there is no normal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I like to laugh don't be mean also I had to look up what Dangan Ronpa is.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

new forum hell yeah

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

dromal phrenia posted:

As far as PSP goes, I don't think people need to stop posting the way they're posting, I think it'd be lovely to say that topics that matter to some posters aren't allowed anymore.

This is the crux of the issue. I've been here for a long time. I've been posting about wresting since before wh2k existed. I've seen the culture of the board change over the years. I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing. The moderation here is legitimately good, and at its best this forum can be really fun.

Now look at the Imp Zone. Each of the IZ's individual threads could all theoretically fit in the Games forum, however they wouldn't thrive the way they do on their own. If you read them, there's very little "shitposting" for whatever that means. The posts all stick to a topic and the posters all try to contribute to the topic or make jokes about the topic. There is no rule there that you have to be positive about everything. The imp zone is not byob and no one is asking for a byob wrestling forum. In fact, I made a thread being positive about noted shitheap "Anthem" and had the thread ripped to shreds, posts edited to change the context to something funny, and everyone had a good time (i believe the thread eventually was goldmined even). I wasn't mad that people didn't like the thing I liked, it was funny. I know the posters there are posting joyfully and trying to have a good time.

So what does this mean for a wrestling imp zone? Does everyone need to love everything? No. Will positivity be enforced? No. Will shitposting be allowed? Sure, if it's on topic and/or funny. Are there threads that could exist in a slower moving forum that may not thrive in one with as much turnover as PSP? I think so, but more importantly I'd like to find out. Can a wrestler with a problematic history be mentioned without posters tripping over themselves to let the thread know that they hate the guy for the Right Reasons? God, I fuckin hope so. Would there be gameday threads and weekly discussion threads? I don't think so as I'd like to keep that a PSP thing, but if there was enough support for it, then sure. There is so little to lose here and so much to gain that the opposition from the like 2 people who really hate this idea for some reason is confusing and sad.

I won't post any further on the subject as it's been hashed out twice now and the general reception to the idea is positive. I apologize for getting heated at times, and will endeavor to Do Better in the future. Thank you for reading and hopefully the next time you see a post of mine it is about the treasure behind the waterfall.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Really my only concern would be that the new forum was just a place to laugh at and be snarky towards people who don't quite share your sense of humour (yeah yeah yeah I know this used to be SA's bread and butter) but I think you're all good people and also tao and yea ok have explained things well enough that even a dumdum like me can understand. Let the good times roll. :)

Also I want to post vinceflex again.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
I think technically you can post Vince Flex now, Jerusalem's tyrannical reign has come to an end

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Come at me karmic I do not fear you

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

tao of lmao posted:

This is the crux of the issue. I've been here for a long time. I've been posting about wresting since before wh2k existed. I've seen the culture of the board change over the years. I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing. The moderation here is legitimately good, and at its best this forum can be really fun.

Now look at the Imp Zone. Each of the IZ's individual threads could all theoretically fit in the Games forum, however they wouldn't thrive the way they do on their own. If you read them, there's very little "shitposting" for whatever that means. The posts all stick to a topic and the posters all try to contribute to the topic or make jokes about the topic. There is no rule there that you have to be positive about everything. The imp zone is not byob and no one is asking for a byob wrestling forum. In fact, I made a thread being positive about noted shitheap "Anthem" and had the thread ripped to shreds, posts edited to change the context to something funny, and everyone had a good time (i believe the thread eventually was goldmined even). I wasn't mad that people didn't like the thing I liked, it was funny. I know the posters there are posting joyfully and trying to have a good time.

So what does this mean for a wrestling imp zone? Does everyone need to love everything? No. Will positivity be enforced? No. Will shitposting be allowed? Sure, if it's on topic and/or funny. Are there threads that could exist in a slower moving forum that may not thrive in one with as much turnover as PSP? I think so, but more importantly I'd like to find out. Can a wrestler with a problematic history be mentioned without posters tripping over themselves to let the thread know that they hate the guy for the Right Reasons? God, I fuckin hope so. Would there be gameday threads and weekly discussion threads? I don't think so as I'd like to keep that a PSP thing, but if there was enough support for it, then sure. There is so little to lose here and so much to gain that the opposition from the like 2 people who really hate this idea for some reason is confusing and sad.

I won't post any further on the subject as it's been hashed out twice now and the general reception to the idea is positive. I apologize for getting heated at times, and will endeavor to Do Better in the future. Thank you for reading and hopefully the next time you see a post of mine it is about the treasure behind the waterfall.

For anyone that hasn't read imp zone threads this is a good summary of the feel you are going for

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

tao of lmao posted:

I apologize for getting heated at times, and will endeavor to Do Better in the future.

drat this guy jockeying for a mod position

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Rarity posted:

Come at me karmic I do not fear you

It is illegal to post vinceflex, but it is also illegal to probate for vinceflex

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Junpei Hyde posted:

It is illegal to post vinceflex, but it is also illegal to probate for vinceflex

Sigh . . . . Bans it is then . . . .

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I'm taking everybody in this thread out for frosty chocolate milkshakes

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I dont think this subforum moves as fast as people think, it's just that no one really feels like posting in any of the single topic non discussion threads

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tao of lmao posted:

Rather than a subforum specifically as an IZ for wrestling, couldn't that be done with a more generalized "sports imp zone" approach?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I liked the sports imp zone idea a lot

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
wrestling isnt sports

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

why i think it should just be a wrestling/mma forum:

-wrestling's unique actual desire for an imp zone
-this is the most viewed forum tied to sports
-the qcs thread was open for 3 days and had a handful of people who don't post here saying they'd be interested
-for real, it's not going to be blockbuster video and wrestling is barely more embarrassing than som eof the other forums
-i'm baby

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
i would be embarrassed to post near baseball fans

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

MotU posted:

i would be embarrassed to post near baseball fans

baseball needs an IZ most of all, we must lift them up as a rising tide raises all boats

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Welp too late for that for not wanting to post near baseball fans.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
im a mets fan and i hate baseball

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
im also a raiders fan so wrestling is pretty much all i got

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

The sports subforum should advocate for their own IZ if they want/need it

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Don't make me tap on the "Baseball/Hotdog megathread" sign again

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

NienNunb posted:

Don't make me tap on the "Baseball/Hotdog megathread" sign again

if i wanted the stadium experience i could piss on my shoes at home

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

the non-wrestling fan SAS people would gently caress up our threads because they would absolutely have to constantly let us know it's not real GO IGGLES RAMMER JAMMER YELLOW HAMMER

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
i support a broader sports imp zone on the condition that philly fans aren't allowed

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Other sports forums don't have the problem outlined earlier, also other sports forums don't have humor except "haha the man throw the ball wrong / he falled on his butt" so I veto that. If they want a Fisher-Price forum to post whatever nonsense their nachos and beer addled minds can dream up, then they can bust out the crayons and write a petition. Meanwhile, we have highbrow things to discuss in a humorous manner.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

they already have the f1 thread anyway

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
GRITTYZONE when!?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
A lite subforum for PSP sounds like a fine idea and I can empathize with the idea of "I would like to post about Chris Jericho or Darby Allin being great wrestlers and great business movers without having to slap on forty asterisks that I don't condone" the lovely things they may or may not have done in their personal lives" (and full disclosure, I'm absolutely guilty of doing this where the fucker is involved and have been trying to chill out on it lately). But the way it was argued for kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. I guess most of the people being pricks about it weren't actually even posters here and were just drive-by whining about whatever weird problems they have with Games or CSPAM but, what the gently caress, collocation's thread isn't hurting anybody. If they wanna catalog all the times Jerry Lawler was a shithead, that's their prerogative and nobody else has to read it.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 23:44 on May 16, 2021

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I honestly don't have any opinions on that thread one way or the other but it truly isn't the end of the world to be made fun of. On no other subforum would someone post a thread and it be expected that nobody ever even lightly roast it.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

NienNunb posted:

I honestly don't have any opinions on that thread one way or the other but it truly isn't the end of the world to be made fun of. On no other subforum would someone post a thread and it be expected that nobody ever even lightly roast it.

You're right in that it's not the end of the world and roasting's fine, but like, the barbs in the QCS thread were just "Lol, look at this stupid twat, they are everything that is wrong with these forums", which I think would probably leave a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths, on any forum, here or elsewhere. A sour taste much like The Rock's poontang pie. Luckily none of those folks seem to actually post here and most peeps are cool. :)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah, there's a line somewhere between "it's okay to make fun of stuff" and "that people didn't go out of their way to mock this into oblivion and it wasn't gassed is proof of how much this subforum sucks", when like....dude, I had no idea it even existed until today but even if I had, going out of my way to try and destroy it would have been such a profound loving waste of my and anybody else's time.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

tao of lmao posted:

There is so little to lose here and so much to gain that the opposition from the like 2 people who really hate this idea for some reason is confusing and sad.

I skimmed the QCS thread, didn't know what the hell an imp zone was and based on the thread for some reason my mind thought it would be some hellish cross between FYAD and GBS. I imagine that's where most of the opposition comes from: ignorance of the imp zone and the tone of the QCS thread. QCS just brings the worst out of people.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I sort of think most of the opposition is people just wanting to disagree with the idea that they/this forum is a bunch of killjoys who cant just enjoy wrestling absent of politics

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hedgehog Pie posted:

You're right in that it's not the end of the world and roasting's fine, but like, the barbs in the QCS thread were just "Lol, look at this stupid twat, they are everything that is wrong with these forums", which I think would probably leave a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths, on any forum, here or elsewhere. A sour taste much like The Rock's poontang pie. Luckily none of those folks seem to actually post here and most peeps are cool. :)

QCS has a bunch of regular posters who seem like they'd be happiest posting anywhere else on the internet but for some reason they stay here even though they clearly hate it here

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Rarity posted:

QCS has a bunch of regular posters who seem like they'd be happiest posting anywhere else on the internet but for some reason they stay here even though they clearly hate it here

it is legit the worst sub on these dead gay forums

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Junpei fears my posting power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Everyone is welcome in the Enclosed Pool Area, except fans that want to talk about other sports, some of the MMA fans, anyone who unironically enjoys the WWE, and anyone who has negative thoughts. Am I missing anything?