Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Dinner tonight was grilled chicken kabobs with roasted fingerling potatoes and spinach salad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

campbell's tomato soup with macaroni in it, and a grilled ham and cheese sandwich

was gonna make shrimp scampi with broccoli but my broccoli went bad :(

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Nothing. Fasting for FRIDAY FOODDAY

DessertStorm
Aug 9, 2013

Risotto!!!

I'd been traumatized by Gordon Ramsey into thinking it's a Very Difficult Meal (TM) but it's actually very simple cooking/ingredients. Onion, garlic, rice, white wine, chicken broth, parmesan. Pantry poo poo. Truly a bitch on the stirring arm though, helpful to have someone tag in after 20 minutes.

Creamy and worth the severe forearm pain (phrasing).

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I love ordering risotto in a restaurant because it really is a hassle but goddamn it's great

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Two al pastor tacos and a torta milenesa de res. Big ol' cup of horchata.

Still got about a third of the torta because drat it was filling.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Pizza

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
It turned out great! Corned beef and cabbage in the instant pot!

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Niiice

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
BEEF stir-fry. 24 hour marinated BEEF hangar steak in a soy sauce concoction. Used soy sauce and a bunch of other stuff for the sauce over the veggies. Cook em separate then combine until super hot.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

I didn’t make anything for dinner. Or any other meal today for that matter. I drank two cups of Earl gray with honey and that’s it because I’d rather die than be fat.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'm following this Instant Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage recipe. Since it's a recipe from a website, if it doesn't turn out, I can sue.

If you somehow manage to gently caress up corn beef and cabbage in the instant pot you are more of a retard than that guy who hosed up making chicken wings with an air fryer.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Made a Cuban styled picadillo and had some beans and corn as a side because I was too lazy to go to the market. Just had some some made sourdough fresh from the oven as dessert :yum:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

My gf made a bimbobop

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

DessertStorm posted:

Risotto!!!

I'd been traumatized by Gordon Ramsey into thinking it's a Very Difficult Meal (TM) but it's actually very simple cooking/ingredients. Onion, garlic, rice, white wine, chicken broth, parmesan. Pantry poo poo. Truly a bitch on the stirring arm though, helpful to have someone tag in after 20 minutes.

Creamy and worth the severe forearm pain (phrasing).

The secret to risotto is that you don't actually have to stir all that much, just enough so that you don't scorch the bottom. If you're really good, you can tell when you need to stir by the sound. You only need to stir like hell if you're doing a really, really old school recipe that's literally just rice and broth.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

bird with big dick posted:

My gf made a bimbobop

Yeah, that's the good stuff right there. Finding out new recipes is what i like about these threads. That looks like ground beef. That's what I've got and I'm on dinner duty tonight and I do NOT want to make another loving shepards pie.

Pictures later, maybe.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

My gf made a bimbobop

That looks fantastic

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I was left with instructions to make dinner but as I said, not ANOTHER freaking shepherds pie. I made like a bolognese sauce type thing and instead make a potato bake out of it.

Fun times slicing up hot par-boiled potatoes. Ouch.

It was a bit underwhelming TBH. I think if I made a bechamel sauce and poured that over the top before baki9ng in the oven this would be an instant classic.

Eh, as far as experimental kitchen disasters go, this was still edible.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
It's gonna be leftover corned beef and cabbage for me tonight!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Let the record show that this dude eats toads!!! :derp:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

That looks fantastic

It was p. good. Carrots were just kinda noodelized with a potato peeler and they and the zucchini just got a quick saute so that they still had some good texture. Ground beef was cooked with some ginger and garlic and soy. Pickled some scallions in white wine vinegar. Made a sauce with some sesame oil and soy and sriracha.

I'm a psycho about kitchen knives (they make up about 3% of my net worth) so I like to do all the chopping and prep stuff and then she cooks it, works out quick and easy.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Nooner posted:

Let the record show that this dude eats toads!!! :derp:

you gotta read the other side, he doesn't eat the toads he puts them up his hole

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I have it under firm authority that not only does Valko eat toads, he also manages Ireland’s largest Toad farm

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I made a huge pot of tomato beef soup last night and decided to get rid of the last of a package of arborio rice instead of using noodles. Arborio rice apparently just turns into mush, but the soup is still loving delicious.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I'm not sure if I'm going to have a burrito tonight or some sort of chicken substance (wings, sandwich etc) with fries and battered mushrooms.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Pressure cooked a bean soup with whatever the gently caress was around. Onion, shallot, two carrots, sausage, garlic, some stock, gochujang, fish sauce, couple herbs. Chipotles in adobo for that good spice.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Costco brand hotdog topped with kimchi, red onion, and gochujang. It was pretty good for a high-falutin' fancy dog.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Literally A Person posted:

Costco brand hotdog topped with kimchi, red onion, and gochujang. It was pretty good for a high-falutin' fancy dog.

That's my kinda dog.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Last night I made breakfast for DINNER.

4 egg scrumble with mushroom, red onion, red bell pep. 3 sausage links. side cottage cheese. lots of el yucateco green over everything.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
:hmmyes:

I used to love breakfast for dinner when I was a kid. Now I only eat breakfast for breakfast. I think I'm hoping to trick myself into eating breakfast more often. Like it's an exclusive thing. "Uh oh, it's past breakfast time. Can't have it now you dope!" Maybe like McDonald's breakfast times.

edit: Although I'll be making breakfast today at around noon. But I woke up at 10am and it's 11am and I'm just having my coffee now.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

please don't use pep as an abbreviation I can't tell if you're talking about peppers or pepperoni

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUitxzgnT88

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

please don't use pep as an abbreviation I can't tell if you're talking about peppers or pepperoni

i like peps in my eggs and 'ronis on my za

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Hasn’t arrived yet but ordered a bunch of pizzas from the brick oven place I was shilling for in the lunch thread

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I was going to buy one of those rotisserie chickens and eat the rest of the corned beef and cabbage vegetables but I made a mash out of some of it this morning for bubble and squeak. So I'm having some chicken tenders and asian vegetables.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

a tuna melt!

english muffin, tuna salad with capers and onions, tomatoes, cheddar

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Buying some frickin halibut :woop:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

numberoneposter posted:

Buying some frickin halibut :woop:

Why not buy the whole halifish instead of just the butt? :yosbutt:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I had a burrito.
I weighed it. It was 2 1/2 pounds.
I ate the whole thing because I'm a fuckin shameful glutton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Roasted a tasty chicken and made a noodly side with peppers, red onions, and a vinaigrette made of coconut milk, fish sauce, rice vinegar, agave, the goo from cooking off the veg and some grapeseed oil. It was good. We almost never eat meat so it was a nice treat.