Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Gears of War 4. I was feeling a little out of it today and decided to just play a couple of the dumber action-focused games I had installed but never finished and apparently the last time I played this I stopped like a mission and a half from the end. Gameplay was pretty solid, I haven’t played Gears since back when 3 was new but it played about the same as I remember the old ones. The story was kind of dumb and ended abruptly but I guess no one plays Gears games for the story. Pretty okay overall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

but I guess no one plays Gears games for the story

Apeak for yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEq0oV21tHI&t=113s

Rip dom :patriot: :patriot: :911:
"Never thought itd end like this huh mario??" Dom "cole train" dominic

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Deacon st dom

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ArfJason posted:

Deacon st dom

with his iconic jazz song

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Mercenaries mode in RE8 is really fun.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

American McGay posted:

Nice. One of my faves.

the only thing i would change is adding more bosses and maybe make them actually risky

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Factorio - Ribbon world with default settings

I've finished the game a few times already but it was a nice challenge having to build everything in a cramped space where there's not much room for conveyor belts

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. Far Cry
2. Far Cry 2
3. Halo 2 - Legendary Co-op
4. New Super Mario Bros.™ U Deluxe
5. Dying Light - Nighmare, All Side Missions
6. Halo 3 - Legendary Co-Op
7. Persona 5 Strikers
8. Halo ODST - Legendary Co-Op
9. Bravely Default 2 - True Ending
10. Super Mario™ 3D World - Co-Op
11. Code Vein - Good Ending
12. Halo 4 - Legendary Co-Op
13. Outriders
14. Nier Replicant - Ending(s): A,B,C,D
15. It Takes Two
16. Resident Evil Village - Standard, all collectibles, all outhouses, all goats.

:negative:

EDIT: Added a new ending to Nier instead of making a new post. This ending must have blown people's minds 11 years ago.

fadam fucked around with this message at 04:21 on May 10, 2021

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Yakuza Kiwami 2. one of the best games I have ever played

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

1. Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin
2. Stacking
3. Armored Warriors
4. Max Payne 3
5. Virginia
6. Shining Force II
7. Superhero League of Hoboken
Rpg-adventure. A lot better than I'd expected, and easier to get into than other rpgs of the time that I've tried.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

12. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Kickass campaign with only one stinker of a level. Shame that sledgehammer instantly got shunted into World War II games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

13. Mega Man 11. I was stuck on Yellow Devil for 9 months and I finally finished this after beating him yesterday. Good rear end mega man game except for a whack final boss. Getting into the flow of properly swapping between the gears during boss fights pwned and it has great + challenging robot master stages. The double gear is extremely OP.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

13. Mega Man 11. I was stuck on Yellow Devil for 9 months and I finally finished this after beating him yesterday. Good rear end mega man game except for a whack final boss. Getting into the flow of properly swapping between the gears during boss fights pwned and it has great + challenging robot master stages. The double gear is extremely OP.

Nice. MM11 is cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the Summer of The Backlog is starting strong.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. Far Cry
2. Far Cry 2
3. Halo 2 - Legendary Co-op
4. New Super Mario Bros.™ U Deluxe
5. Dying Light - Nighmare, All Side Missions
6. Halo 3 - Legendary Co-Op
7. Persona 5 Strikers
8. Halo ODST - Legendary Co-Op
9. Bravely Default 2 - True Ending
10. Super Mario™ 3D World - Co-Op
11. Code Vein - Good Ending
12. Halo 4 - Legendary Co-Op
13. Outriders
14. Nier Replicant - Ending(s): All Endings
15. It Takes Two
16. Resident Evil Village - Standard, all collectibles, all outhouses, all goats.

There's so much tedious, annoying poo poo in this game (and the original) but on balance both playthroughs are probably in my top 5 gaming experiences ever. Even knowing they were all coming, all the emotional punches hit just has hard as they did when I played the original for the first time. An excellent remaster of one of the best games ever imo.

I might see if I can squeeze an Automata playthrough in before the summer lull is over.

fadam fucked around with this message at 15:11 on May 18, 2021

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sa•Ga frontier, riki scenario. lute up next

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Doom Eternal (Switch)- Hurt Me Plenty

Onto RE8 now

Hey Chief posted:

4. Max Payne 3

Extremely underrated game imo

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Bouillon Rube posted:

Doom Eternal (Switch)- Hurt Me Plenty
how was the port?

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

The Kins posted:

how was the port?

Pretty blurry at times but still perfectly playable. It’s stayed at 30fps for probably 99% of the game which is pretty impressive imo given the hardware. Controls were perfect in handheld with the Hori Split Pad Pro.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
15. Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Resident Evil: Village. Absolutely fantastic. Combat was a lot smoother than 7, I loved exploring everything and discovering all the hidden secrets, and it could be pretty scary when it wanted to as well. Having areas and bosses themed after a bunch of different horror tropes was cool, especially after how samey all the enemies in 7 were. I’m excited to see what’s next for the series

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Sekiro - Plat

Boy I sure loved grinding for hours for skill pts! Other than that one of From Software's best.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

rayman legends, really fuckin fun game

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
rayman legends and to a lesser extent origins are some of the best platformers ever made

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ArfJason posted:

rayman legends and to a lesser extent origins are some of the best platformers ever made

totally agreed. just moving around in that game is really fuckin fun and the music levels are some of the best platforming ive wver seen

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ArfJason posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

14. Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut. started playing this last night waiting for yakuza 3 to finish downloading and finished it this morning , short little puzzle game thats kind of too easy. i would bet half of this already short game was spent walking down hallways long enough for the lady narrator to talk through their ripoff portal story.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
koob

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
More like qqube in your case bitch

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Resident Evil Village. Kickass game

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

11. Ninja Gaiden Black - Very Hard

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
15+ Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot (Platinum Trophy)

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
monster hunter rise though I'm definitely not done with it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nier replicant all sidequests and endings. drat fine game

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

6. Yakuza Kiwami 2 Full completion list, all substories (+ Majima saga)

100 percent completion doesn't feel right to claim on this one despite clearing the completion list. I never found out how to unlock S rank in the coliseum, didn't do all the Bouncer missions. It's an awesome game, maybe my favorite in the series so far. It probably still goes to 0 but Kiwami 2 is incredibly good.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

6. Yakuza Kiwami 2 Full completion list, all substories (+ Majima saga)

100 percent completion doesn't feel right to claim on this one despite clearing the completion list. I never found out how to unlock S rank in the coliseum, didn't do all the Bouncer missions. It's an awesome game, maybe my favorite in the series so far. It probably still goes to 0 but Kiwami 2 is incredibly good.

For the coliseum you need to do all substories to get the last tournament.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

For the coliseum you need to do all substories to get the last tournament.

oh lol. i did that and just never went back to purgatory. i don't think i want to fight the amon brothers in the coliseum though, i'll be satisfied with the full completion list.

i hope virtual on is never in another video game.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Dragon quest 6
Played 4 5 and 6 close together and all of the hype from 5 died about 4 hours in. I had to turn off random encounters with a cheat in order to finish. I dont think I'll be playing 7 as its apparently the same devs and I don't think they understand why dragon quest is fun

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Nier Replicant, all endings (A, B, C, D, E) Incredible game. Really fun gameplay with an interesting story and a great cast of characters. I was worried that it would get old running the game over and over again for the endings but it never did really, the gameplay was fun enough that I didn't mind redoing sections and the new twists and perspectives on the story kept it fresh. Kainé and Weiss are probably two of my favorite characters in gaming now. I really can't recommend the game enough. On to Automata now, which I'd played a bit of in the past but never got very far into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

15. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. Wow. Letting the lore wash over me rn