Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The only reason small/medium dogs and cats win fights against people is because it makes you kind of look rude to suplex a cat so we don't do it because we know it can't kill us. But if money is on the line and nobody will think badly about you for doing it, you should be able to kick its rear end really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Do you forget that I can also bite, Fido?

This will be your undoing

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
When I was about 12, my cat went completely mental and suddenly attacked me for no reason. She was really going at it, I still have scars all over my body. But even as a frightened child, I fought her off fairly easily in a matter of a minute. If you think you can't take on a regular house cat, you might have some confidence issues, to be frank.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The only reason small/medium dogs and cats win fights against people is because it makes you kind of look rude to suplex a cat so we don't do it because we know it can't kill us. But if money is on the line and nobody will think badly about you for doing it, you should be able to kick its rear end really.

PYF Meme/Macro: You kind of look rude suplexing a cat.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Once I hadn't slept in about 3 weeks and locked myself out of my apartment with my cat and didn't want to let her down because she didn't know the neighborhood and I was afraid she would get lost .

After about 15 minutes she kinda started freaking out about the time my neighbor got home and scratched the poo poo out of my chest back and arms but I didn't let her go because I was in some kind of dissociative trance or shock or something idk, but they got home and let me in the building and my door wasn't locked so it all worked out.

I'm okay now and also if you're impervious to your own pain and can find a grip on the cat you should have no trouble subduing it.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I can definitely fight a horse.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
horses are really good at just killing themselves so if you can duck and dodge for a bit you'll probably win

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

horses are really good at just killing themselves so if you can duck and dodge for a bit you'll probably win

Punch and roll.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Mechafunkzilla posted:

horses don't generally attack people so you could also just leave. unless you're locked in some kind of blood arena in which case you should try using the bones of previous combatants

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Considering the next few lines in this scene this is perfect in more ways than one.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

start at the smallest animal and use the corpses to subdue each next biggest animal, monster hunter style

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Large dogs are probably the line where humans start having trouble

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I face off against a FULL ALPHA GRAYBACK gorilla. He snorts and begins his charge at me. I whip around and 360 NOSCOPE SIGN-LANGUAGE at him, making the signs for "we are brothers!". He stops shorts, cocks his head, and then we leave the clearing bros for life.

We head out to get our burg on, and then back home to get some COD Warfare in. Gorilla bro is a fiend with a FAMAS and full armor. Fist bumps all around.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Facebook Aunt posted:

Most animals don't want to fight to the death. Even predators don't like to take fights where they might get hurt. Does simply not dieing and getting the animal to leave count as a win?
Depends on the animal. Brown bear? Yes. Squirrel? Not so much.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Splicer posted:

Depends on the animal. Brown bear? Yes. Squirrel? Not so much.

if you're trying to kill a squirrel barehanded you've already lost no matter the results. thats some florida man poo poo

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I would simply kick an anthill at a horse and let the horse kill itself as it tries to grapple with the concept of a number beyond 3

https://twitter.com/ftk_artist/status/1391587577518559234
https://twitter.com/emichen88/status/1392738132722733059
https://twitter.com/LikeAndBlock/status/1392640160655945729
https://twitter.com/swell_reads/status/1392663034045235201
https://twitter.com/GinzoBall/status/1372308848682356739
https://twitter.com/vagrunt/status/1392565891464843274
https://twitter.com/DatingSims/status/1388529642861174784
https://twitter.com/baldwinvoices/status/1388945078660517890

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I can clear an entire field of bears using nothing but the power of rock n roll

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Somebody doesn't have a cat

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Wow

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
this thread rn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdspL0IQCR0

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Finally!

A jacket that has room for my gut!

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

That zookeeper vs harambe answered the question of man vs gorilla

Nestharken
Mar 23, 2006

The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.
The consensus among guys at my martial arts gym is that a trained fighter has a good shot against a large dog or maaaybe a wolf, but anything bigger gets very dicey very quickly. That chart mostly just illustrates how bad the Dunning-Kruger effect is when it comes to fighting. I mean, an *elephant*?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

bike tory posted:

That zookeeper vs harambe answered the question of man vs gorilla

No see, the zookeeper didn't know they were fighting

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Nestharken posted:

The consensus among guys at my martial arts gym is that a trained fighter has a good shot against a large dog or maaaybe a wolf, but anything bigger gets very dicey very quickly. That chart mostly just illustrates how bad the Dunning-Kruger effect is when it comes to fighting. I mean, an *elephant*?

i'm just baffled by the 23% of men who think they could defeat a chimpanzee, which is literally just a human being that's about twice as fast and four times as strong as your average dude. it would be like trying to fight batman after he did a shitload of pcp

Sagebrush has a new favorite as of 02:52 on May 16, 2021

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

some plague rats posted:

Somebody doesn't have a cat

gently caress off with your doorless toilet. Alternatively, gently caress off with your cat-that-can-open-doors.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

i'm just baffled by the 23% of men who think they could defeat a chimpanzee, which is literally just a human being that's about twice as fast and four times as strong as your average dude. it would be like trying to fight batman while he's on pcp

I’ve seen all the planet of the apes movies (new and old) and I definitely think I could.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

mind the walrus posted:

The forced Boomer energy coming off of this is strong but I'm a serious sucker for 90s squelch noises so I'ma adopt it anyway.

The... The forced boomer energy off of a Video Game noise and soundtrack from a game that came out in 2016?

Nestharken
Mar 23, 2006

The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

Sagebrush posted:

i'm just baffled by the 23% of men who think they could defeat a chimpanzee, which is literally just a human being that's about twice as fast and four times as strong as your average dude. it would be like trying to fight batman after he did a shitload of pcp

See, I can forgive that because most people don't know how muscle insertions work and just think "it's the size of a child, how hard can it be?"

But how could you look at something that's bigger than the average Dark Souls boss and be like "yeah, I got this"?

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~

Sagebrush posted:

I think most of them assume that because chimpanzees are smaller it would be an easy fight because they don't know our muscles are different.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Nestharken posted:

See, I can forgive that because most people don't know how muscle insertions work and just think "it's the size of a child, how hard can it be?"

voting third party posted:

I think most of them assume that because chimpanzees are smaller it would be an easy fight because they don't know our muscles are different.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Is 23% that unrealistic?

Like run the fight 100 times I can buy that maybe 23 humans get a luck punch or grapple or kick in by accident ,or have a weaker chimp and beat the chimp

And conversely that 77 chimps will gently caress up the human

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jestery posted:

Is 23% that unrealistic?

Like run the fight 100 times I can buy that maybe 23 humans get a luck punch or grapple or kick in by accident ,or have a weaker chimp and beat the chimp

47/15 a chimpanzee just snaps you in half like a piece of celery. And the other 80 times it degloves your face so yeah, those ratios are wildly optimistic.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Jestery posted:

Is 23% that unrealistic?

The chimp will win more than 99 out of 100 times

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Jestery posted:

Is 23% that unrealistic?

Yeah I would be hosed if 77 chimps attacked me

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Fair enough then :shrug:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Jestery posted:

Is 23% that unrealistic?

The chimp will bite off your fingers, face, and genitals. If you're lucky, it will be in that order, and by the time it gets to the last one, you will have already lost consciousness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Yeah I'd say 23% is highly unrealistic. Again, a chimpanzee is basically just a human being, with equal fighting ability and reach and reflexes, but several times stronger. Plus he has those gigantic teeth. Yeah you might manage to kick the chimp in the gut or gouge its eyes or something but then it's just really loving mad and it will tear your limbs off like a wookiee and eat your face.

In my opinion the human winning 2.3% of the time would be optimistic, even if you only picked strong men.