Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Those outfits are banging tho. But maybe anything looks good if you're confident enough to where bright red skinny pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

I wish I could pull off the Wells Fargo suit

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

lol that a poor got to be a rich the way the system was designed and people got mad and are changing the entire system

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Professor Shark posted:

lol that a poor got to be a rich the way the system was designed and people got mad and are changing the entire system

People got mad because they were the wrong type of poor, they had the wrong occupation. It's wrong to give a chef or a janitor good money, but it's fine if you help subjugate people with computers.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Are they buying back the stock or just pretty please asking employees to give it back for no
Compensation?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Anime Bernie Bro posted:

they despise to see blue collar proletarians use an exit that is supposed to be reserved for them

he's not indoctrinated in their bougie ideology, he's not a "cultural fit" for the upper crust

that's the real reason, nothing more

huh. it's almost as if the upper class has plenty of class consciousness and solidarity.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Broken Machine posted:

People got mad because they were the wrong type of poor, they had the wrong occupation. It's wrong to give a chef or a janitor good money, but it's fine if you help subjugate people with computers.
Yeah, elsewhere the superstar chef would be considered upper class or at least adjacent, here he's supposed to kiss the ring of your rank-and-file Stack Overflow engineer. It was all about career choices

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The Nastier Nate posted:

Are they buying back the stock or just pretty please asking employees to give it back for no
Compensation?

Yeah I wondered this too.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Article reads like "forfeit the stock or get fired" to me.

gently caress zynga.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Article reads like "forfeit the stock or get fired" to me.

gently caress zynga.

How did they not get sued into oblivion?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

mycomancy posted:

How did they not get sued into oblivion?

sue.. a rich person*?

*corporation

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Honestly that seems like a no brainer to me. When the CEO starting talking about how some employees got super rich off stock options and they don't want that, I'll take the stock options. Like I'll take the stock option before they have finished their sentence.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
Like why wouldn't you immediately call a lawyer and sue the gently caress out of your employer if they tried to gently caress you out of shares that were part of a deal that you signed? If they suddenly said "Hey we need 20% of your salary back that we paid you over the last three years or you're terminated," I have a hard time believing that would stand in court.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

mycomancy posted:

Like why wouldn't you immediately call a lawyer and sue the gently caress out of your employer if they tried to gently caress you out of shares that were part of a deal that you signed? If they suddenly said "Hey we need 20% of your salary back that we paid you over the last three years or you're terminated," I have a hard time believing that would stand in court.

Because when your job immediately fires you because you're not unionized, and you immediately lose your health insurance, it'll be real hard to afford both not dying and paying extensive lawyer fees in a court battle against a corporation with no limits

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

mycomancy posted:

In the U.S., you can be fired for anything except a narrow range of reasons. As long as they don't say "We're firing you because you're black/gay/female" while they're doing it, good loving luck with that lawsuit.

In most states anyway. I'm sure some of the non-trash ones have better protections.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
How is that any different from an employer trying to demand you return half your paycheck back or get fired?

And yeah it's a long shot but they ought to lawyer up anyway. Set up a gofundme to cover the legal costs/efforts in finding another job. Because doing nothing makes it even easier for companies to justify doing this more in the future.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

Because when your job immediately fires you because you're not unionized, and you immediately lose your health insurance, it'll be real hard to afford both not dying and paying extensive lawyer fees in a court battle against a corporation with no limits

you could also end up like the dude in new york being prosecuted directly by chevron

people who believe the legal system gives a gently caress about workers are being incredibly naive

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009
Plus you run the risk of getting blackballed by other companies in the same industry, especially if you work in a smaller city. And employers LOVE gaps in your history, it's great. Unions and a proper safety net makes standing up possible. If you don't have savings or second source of income, it makes sense that you have to eat the injustice, and companies know this.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

the system works!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Panfilo posted:

How is that any different from an employer trying to demand you return half your paycheck back or get fired?

This is happening with cryptocurrency LOL.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Panfilo posted:

How sure are you that a US corporation wouldn't get away with this?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I looked it up and it sounds like all they'd have to do is make it a contract

quote:

In general, an employer cannot take back any wages it has paid you for work you have performed, and it cannot refuse to pay you wages for work you have performed. That said, if your employer overpaid you for work you did, it may be able to take back the overpayment. And if you are working under a written contract that allows it, an employer might try to recoup wages or bonuses that have already been paid.

That's assuming they don't just do it illegally and have the courts ignore it which would also probably be fine.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

there's a lot to unpack with this picture but i'm gonna go with the one super pedantic thing that comes to mind: those are not croutons

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/crouton
Crouton noun
a small cube of toasted or crisply fried bread

i'm willing to overlook somehow loving up salad bowls so much that they became the exact opposite of a bowl but trying to pawn those breads as croutons is criminal

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

blatman posted:

there's a lot to unpack with this picture but i'm gonna go with the one super pedantic thing that comes to mind: those are not croutons

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/crouton
Crouton noun
a small cube of toasted or crisply fried bread

i'm willing to overlook somehow loving up salad bowls so much that they became the exact opposite of a bowl but trying to pawn those breads as croutons is criminal

It's bruschetta.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Paladinus posted:

It's bruschetta.

woops i didnt know that was a thing

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

blatman posted:

woops i didnt know that was a thing

rename this scrub "bruschetta knower"

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

im pretty sure my track record on these forums so far is a 5:1 ratio of unintentionally dunking on myself vs dunking on others

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

looks good, I usually go for the seafood tower (whole foods link if you want to hate this) but some vegetables in my diet every couple of weeks might be nice change of pace. Assuming that ranch dip is legit.

e: I don't know what a bsurchetta is and I won't start now

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

blatman posted:

im pretty sure my track record on these forums so far is a 5:1 ratio of unintentionally dunking on myself vs dunking on others

at least now you can finally enjoy some bruschetta, like Allah intended.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7k9rn_9-cg

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Paladinus posted:

It's bruschetta.

bruschetta isn't bread, it's the antipasto that goes on bread

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Also a caesar salad doesn't come with "bruschetta" or bread or toast it comes with CROUTONS

and that "salad" is an abomination unto the lord

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

cash crab posted:

Is pizza just the toppings or do toppings go ON pizza?

The Bloop posted:

Also a caesar salad doesn't come with "bruschetta" or bread or toast it comes with CROUTONS

and that "salad" is an abomination unto the lord

Well, duh. Caesar salad also doesn't usually come in a form of lettuce heads on spikes. It's not a standard variety, clearly. Hence bruschetta instead of croutons and stupid bullshit instead of other ingredients.

Paladinus has issued a correction as of 16:18 on May 17, 2021

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
One of the breads is also BURNT AS gently caress and apparently has some goo on it like maybe a balsamic reduction or marmite

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

The Bloop posted:

One of the breads is also BURNT AS gently caress and apparently has some goo on it like maybe a balsamic reduction or marmite

I wouldn't be so sure it's a piece of bread. Might be charred halloumi with some dark chutney.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Crostini.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I think I remember reading that the original Caesar salad was Romaine “boats” with the dressing freshly prepared at the table then sprinkled over them.

That thing on the table does not look good

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Those lettuce facials do not look appetizing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

cash crab posted:

nah its the grilled bread most importantly, and is often just served rubbed with garlic and oil. the antipasto just gets most of the focus in american cuisine