Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jesus loving Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
The actual context is so much worse. Brian Last asks if any woman should be removed from that match due to pregnancy, who should it be? Cornette mentions Asuka. He goes on his typical anti-asian rant afterwards and complains about how unfair it is to Charlotte that she didn't get on the Wrestlemania card.

That's ignoring his complaints about how Asuka is supposedly sabotaging Rhea's main roster career as well and is incredibly selfish. Which is pretty much peak :ironicat: considering Charlotte actually does that.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Why does he think Asuka is pregnant?

Is this a weird stereotype I don't get? A stupid inside joke that Cornette has been making? An insult, "she wrestles bad enough for two", kind of deal?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol literally throwing everything at the wall to see what gets clicks

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I don't think there's too much more oral history we can extract from cornette, best to throw him in the volcano.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

DarkstarIV posted:

The actual context is so much worse. Brian Last asks if any woman should be removed from that match due to pregnancy, who should it be? Cornette mentions Asuka. He goes on his typical anti-asian rant afterwards and complains about how unfair it is to Charlotte that she didn't get on the Wrestlemania card.

That's ignoring his complaints about how Asuka is supposedly sabotaging Rhea's main roster career as well and is incredibly selfish. Which is pretty much peak :ironicat: considering Charlotte actually does that.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Is this a weird stereotype I don't get? A stupid inside joke that Cornette has been making? An insult, "she wrestles bad enough for two", kind of deal?
You had the same response to this summary that I did. I really don't want to listen but I also really want to understand what the hell is going on here so I don't ever have to waste brain power on it again.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

You couldn't pay me to listen to that but wasn't there a rumour that Charlotte was pregnant or something (or got a false positive on a test) and that's why she was initially pulled from Mania or some other match?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

davidbix posted:

You had the same response to this summary that I did. I really don't want to listen but I also really want to understand what the hell is going on here so I don't ever have to waste brain power on it again.

Brian makes a joke about who will be removed due to pregnancy and Cornette picks Asuka.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

He also wished brain damage on Orange Cassidy recently.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

BrigadierSensible posted:

Because Asuka supposedly only got the title from Becky because she was pregnant and Becky pushed for it backstage. And then when she was supposed to lose the title to Lacey...she got pregnant. And she was rumored to face Charlotte at WM, who was pulled because of a potential pregnancy scare.

Jim hates Asuka and keeps intentionally calling her Chinese. Also mentions how she is too loud and obnoxious and has horrible charisma. Also Jim REALLY likes Rhea and Charlotte and sees the both of them as huge mainstream megastars who can appeal to a wide audience.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

DarkstarIV posted:

Jim hates Asuka and keeps intentionally calling her Chinese.
...when did THAT start? That feels new.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

When I think about Asuka the first thing that springs to mind is how little charisma she has.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1394675067070656515

funny

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Uhhhh. What. Is there a source on that one?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Does he do crazy Qanon stuff in the same art style? (Please say yes)

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Vandar posted:

Uhhhh. What. Is there a source on that one?

https://twitter.com/TheAlKalineTrio/status/1394323736275345412

"i have a large twitter following" fuckin :lmao:

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
gently caress, Cornette should just hire Ben Garrison.

For once the millions of labels he puts on his comics would be somewhat useful.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I wish he was trying to knock off South Park because it would have a style at least. That poo poo is just plain bad.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Invalid Validation posted:

I wish he was trying to knock off South Park because it would have a style at least. That poo poo is just plain bad.
Yeah, I have no reason to be charitable to Travis, but outside of the stuff with direct South Park references, I don't think that's what he's going for. I think it's as simple as when he started doing these weird sketches for me and Brian for 6:05, it was a matter of what he could throw together quickly, since he's absolutely a talented artist. (All of his "X in the style of Hanna-Barbera" stuff is dead on, for example.) So the ways in which it's not especially good artistically are by design, tonal and subject matter awfulness aside.

davidbix fucked around with this message at 07:30 on May 19, 2021

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

I hate to admit it but I'm vaguely curious if they at least acknowledged the positives of the Gage DSotR episode while hating the subject matter. I really, really don't want to touch the poop, though.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The only way I'd listen to Jim Cornette's thoughts on Nick Gage is if he told a bunch of bruise bedlam stories instead.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Adam touched some of the poop so we didn't have to and BOY is this ill-advised on Jim's part.
https://twitter.com/Adam_N_Yeary/status/1396294760923639811

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Yep I only needed to hear half that.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah that's not good.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Every week I’m more certain whoever makes these is the worst artist currently alive

davidbix posted:

Adam touched some of the poop so we didn't have to and BOY is this ill-advised on Jim's part.
https://twitter.com/Adam_N_Yeary/status/1396294760923639811

Yikes

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Kicked off every social media platform? Don't threaten us with a good time.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

What a pathetic little man.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

This seems like a real easy way to have Nick Gage show up at your house, Jim.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
HRM yes a convicted felon who almost killed David Arquette in front of a live audience, this is somebody I can get heat on for a program. You would think with the amount cornette complains about everything being fake now he would love somebody living their gimmick.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Real weird to fantasise about a guy who’s already done a stint in jail doing something that guarantees he goes back there as though it would be cool and good, as much as Cornette deserves whatever comes his way.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

History Comes Inside! posted:

Real weird to fantasise about a guy who’s already done a stint in jail doing something that guarantees he goes back there as though it would be cool and good, as much as Cornette deserves whatever comes his way.

Cornette would never break kayfabe enough to press charges

There's such good HEAT there

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

rotinaj posted:

He really killed kayfabe when he sued g raver

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

rotinaj posted:

Unless Gage releases a shirt with anything to do with Cornette on it.

Edit: Damnit, beaten.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

cagliostr0 posted:

HRM yes a convicted felon who almost killed David Arquette in front of a live audience, this is somebody I can get heat on for a program. You would think with the amount cornette complains about everything being fake now he would love somebody living their gimmick.

Yes, but Gage does "Garbage" wrestling, so it doesn't count.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it certainly doesn't count as beating anybody's rear end. who has he whooped?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Nick Gage ending deathmatch tourism did more to protect the business than Jim Cornette lying about his boys' whereabouts.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/kennyomegamanx/status/1396680199442403328?s=21

Lmfao

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Weeeellllll... it's The Bigot Cuuuuck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

...who thinks he's WWE Champion?