Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xcheopis

Pleiadian Light posted:

This is Kacie, she's an African Grey

Hello, Kacie!

Kira is so sweet!

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

Hey all just pretend I'm emptyquoting every post ITT because all of your dogs/cats/snakes/parrots/octopi are dope as hell and I love them ok bye

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

2DCAT

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

rear end-penny posted:

Hey all just pretend I'm emptyquoting every post ITT because all of your dogs/cats/snakes/parrots/octopi are dope as hell and I love them ok bye

:hai:

Stoner Sloth

Pleiadian Light posted:

This is Kacie, she's an African Grey

majestic! pls tell Kacie i said hi!

Kira looking lovely as always :3:

Mormon Nailer posted:

You've never interacted with a cephalopod. They're pretty gentle.

:haibrower:

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Stoner Sloth posted:

majestic! pls tell Kacie i said hi!

Done. She whistled

Megabound

Scoops being photogenic this morning

Stoner Sloth

Megabound posted:

:3: beautiful

more falafel please

forums poster

was going through some pictures and found this one of George Germaine absolutely failing to get in or out of his water, whichever he was trying to do

roast this old dumb idiot turtle

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

ChubbyChecker
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Megabound posted:

We have a secret 3rd pet that is this possum that has been sneaking into our room and eating the cat food for we don't know how long. The cats are completely chill with it, and they just walk past each other like it ain't no thing.

My wife is now researching possum boxes for them and we're coming up with a name. Very polite possum.

haha

ChubbyChecker
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

prepuce repurposed posted:

neighbor's albino California king snake. I don't recall its name :shrug:

prepuce repurposed posted:

His name is Kobe Bryant and he is hidey rn

cool snake!

ChubbyChecker
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

rear end-penny posted:

cruft

more falafel please posted:

was going through some pictures and found this one of George Germaine absolutely failing to get in or out of his water, whichever he was trying to do

If BYOB had a flag, this would be on it.

biosterous

the eyes have just the perfect amount of "what have i done, now what", it's great

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

xcheopis

Megabound posted:

How dare you Scoops is always photogenic

"WHY AREN'T YOU HELPING"

Sadness alert:
My housemate's remaining small & elderly dog, who is a sweet soft girl, developed peripheral vestibular disease over the weekend. She is not a happy small dog at all, but isn't in any pain. Just confused and scared at the world tilting and spinning all the time. Given that she is elderly and has other issues that are worsening, it might be That Time. If it hasn't started clearing by this evening, then there will be the "taken in for an exam" on Tuesday and probably "well, you can try to keep her comfortable but yes, this is the start of decline". If that is the case, then I do hope I have a chance to pet her soft little ears one last time. :(
We are old hands at this, my housemate and I. But it never gets easier.

Ass-penny

xcheopis posted:

Sadness alert:
My housemate's remaining small & elderly dog, who is a sweet soft girl, developed peripheral vestibular disease over the weekend. She is not a happy small dog at all, but isn't in any pain. Just confused and scared at the world tilting and spinning all the time. Given that she is elderly and has other issues that are worsening, it might be That Time. If it hasn't started clearing by this evening, then there will be the "taken in for an exam" on Tuesday and probably "well, you can try to keep her comfortable but yes, this is the start of decline". If that is the case, then I do hope I have a chance to pet her soft little ears one last time. :(
We are old hands at this, my housemate and I. But it never gets easier.

:sympathy: oh drat, I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending positive vibes to you, your housemate, and the soft dog.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

GATOS Y VATOS

I'm so sorry Xcheopis. Please hug that sweet girl for me :(

cruft

I'm sorry xcheopis. I'm glad you get the opportunity for some focused scritches.

I'm going to abruptly change the subject here to something happy, I hope nobody minds. Today is Ruby's 1 year birthday; we've had her for 4 months now. Her skin condition has been fixed, her hysterectomy scar is gone, her kidney problems are under control, and she's living the life of a very normal (but extremely tiny) puppy.

Here are some of the nicknames she's picked up in the last 4 month:

• Roobstrix
  • Rubarina
  • Rubber Rubarina
  • Rubber Roober
  • Rubinator
  • Rooby Doo
  • Rooby Doobie Doo
  • SLD (Stupid Little Dog; ideally prefixed with "you down with")

We've also composed a handful of songs about her:

• "Rubarina", a march, which goes "Rubarina, Rubarina, Rubarina, Rubarina"
  • "Rubber Ruberina", which is the same melody but with more syllables per note
  • "You down with SLD", which requires the participation of the whole family, as you may have guessed
  • "Nobody Knows but Ruby", a waltz about how scary the baseboard heater is when you're 10 pounds
  • "I'm gonna bite you", a sort of chant we do when she's feeling playful

She owns four sweaters, three collars, one harness, and a custom leash made out of climbing rope and fancy knots so we can hold her closer when crossing the street.

Her favorite activities appear to be sleeping in the car, sleeping on your lap, and play-biting my penis right after I wake up.

Happy birthday, Roobers! :yotj:

cruft fucked around with this message at 15:33 on May 18, 2021

xcheopis

Well, she didn't improve. I bought my housemate cupcakes from a good cupcake place, just in case. Petted small dog before leaving the house and told her she was a very very good dog.

cruft posted:

I'm sorry xcheopis. I'm glad you get the opportunity for some focused scritches.

I'm going to abruptly change the subject here to something happy, I hope nobody minds. Today is Ruby's 1 year birthday; we've had her for 4 months now. Her skin condition has been fixed, her hysterectomy scar is gone, her kidney problems are under control, and she's living the life of a very normal (but extremely tiny) puppy.

Here are some of the nicknames she's picked up in the last 4 month:

• Roobstrix
  • Rubarina
  • Rubber Rubarina
  • Rubber Roober
  • Rubinator
  • Rooby Doo
  • Rooby Doobie Doo
  • SLD (Stupid Little Dog; ideally prefixed with "you down with")

We've also composed a handful of songs about her:

• "Rubarina", a march, which goes "Rubarina, Rubarina, Rubarina, Rubarina"
  • "Rubber Ruberina", which is the same melody but with more syllables per note
  • "You down with SLD", which requires the participation of the whole family, as you may have guessed
  • "Nobody Knows but Ruby", a waltz about how scary the baseboard heater is when you're 10 pounds
  • "I'm gonna bite you", a sort of chant we do when she's feeling playful

She owns four sweaters, three collars, one harness, and a custom leash made out of climbing rope and fancy knots so we can hold her closer when crossing the street.

Her favorite activities appear to be sleeping in the car, sleeping on your lap, and play-biting my penis right after I wake up.

Happy birthday, Roobers! :yotj:
Happy birthday, Rubydoo!

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Happy birthday from Kacie and I!

Ass-penny

xcheopis I'm so sorry again to hear that. My heart goes out to your household.

Happy birthday to Rubarina!

Pleiadian Light Kacie looks great! Your photos always have a real psychedelic aesthetic. Are you taking pictures on your phone and just running filters or is there more manipulation going on here I am just not parsing? Especially in this one, the narrow depth of field for the focus is working wonders. The lawn and tree and road look like an impressionist painting.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

rear end-penny posted:

xcheopis I'm so sorry again to hear that. My heart goes out to your household.

Happy birthday to Rubarina!

Pleiadian Light Kacie looks great! Your photos always have a real psychedelic aesthetic. Are you taking pictures on your phone and just running filters or is there more manipulation going on here I am just not parsing? Especially in this one, the narrow depth of field for the focus is working wonders. The lawn and tree and road look like an impressionist painting.

Whoa, that was a helluva compliment. Thank you.

That was a cell phone photo, edited in Lightroom on the phone. My big camera gets occasional play, but needs some maintenance. My process is all over the place but favors Lightroom and lately an AI editor called Luminar. I love blending resources together.

cruft

Seconding the COOL BIRD PICS, which is also the name of a poster we used to have here in the yob.

Ass-penny

Pleiadian Light posted:

Whoa, that was a helluva compliment. Thank you.

That was a cell phone photo, edited in Lightroom on the phone. My big camera gets occasional play, but needs some maintenance. My process is all over the place but favors Lightroom and lately an AI editor called Luminar. I love blending resources together.

I did a little reading on those programs, I hadn't heard of either of them. I am just now realising I haven't done much in the way of digital image manipulation since college, so probably 2009 or so. I feel like I should get some kind of software like this but my laptop is not a very powerful machine.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

rear end-penny posted:

I did a little reading on those programs, I hadn't heard of either of them. I am just now realising I haven't done much in the way of digital image manipulation since college, so probably 2009 or so. I feel like I should get some kind of software like this but my laptop is not a very powerful machine.

For editing it just comes down to memory. The more the merrier.

I'd still encourage you to try it out, so what if you have a little buffer time on some tasks.

With Adobe Creative Cloud the photo editing programs are Photoshop and Lightroom. Lightroom is the photographer's editing station, and Photoshop is manipulative.

Their photo bundle of Ps and LrC also allows you to get the Lightroom mobile app. It has every feature that the desktop version does, I use it when I'm on the go. And it can all sync back to your desktop.

xcheopis

Pleiadian Light posted:

Happy birthday from Kacie and I!

Look at that face!

City of Glompton

hello byob i have my own house now so that means i can have pets again! yay!

here are my banty babies which you may have already seen in the chat thread. this is from a couple days ago, their wing feathers are so much bigger now

Heidi the cat - she came to the shelter as a stray about 2.5 weeks ago, and we have had her for 1.5 weeks. she was very shy at first but now she is comfortable and she loves to be pet. she also knows her dinner schedule now. it is fun watching her blossom from a timid girl into a house cat

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

cruft

City of Glompton posted:

here are my banty babies which you may have already seen in the chat thread. this is from a couple days ago, their wing feathers are so much bigger now

Heidi the cat - she came to the shelter as a stray about 2.5 weeks ago, and we have had her for 1.5 weeks. she was very shy at first but now she is comfortable and she loves to be pet. she also knows her dinner schedule now. it is fun watching her blossom from a timid girl into a house cat

These are all terribly cute fuzzy things.

It's a great feeling, watching your scared mammal settle into having a predictable routine and surroundings. :love:

xcheopis

City of Glompton posted:

That's a whole lotta fuzz going on.

Ass-penny

City of Glompton posted:

Excellent chicks and cat! I'm glad Heidi is settling in. I hope she doesn't get any predatory ideas about the chickies either.

City of Glompton

me too. she doesn't seem aggressive, but once they get a little bigger we'll do introductions, let them peck her nose, and i suspect it will work out

ChubbyChecker
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

City of Glompton posted:

aww

Megabound

Heidi is beautiful, thank you for rescuing that lovely lady.

City of Glompton

thank you, we are lucky to have her, she is a pretty sweetie :love:

more chick pix, here is Lil' Pep looking spectacularly frizzle today:

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
:kimchi: :duckie: :psyberger:

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
What an awesome chick!

GATOS Y VATOS

cruft

I agree, cat

City of Glompton

pretty cat :h:

Ass-penny

City of Glompton posted:

thank you, we are lucky to have her, she is a pretty sweetie :love:

more chick pix, here is Lil' Pep looking spectacularly frizzle today:

congratulations on your dinosaurs (and cattes)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

Lulu!