Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrChu
May 14, 2002

I recently sold a 6080 King's Castle and even though that was the "big" classic castle its also boring as hell.

(excuse the auction photos)

It does look a little impressive all opened up

But its literally all a facade

There's nothing to the interior at all. Aside from the portcullis the only other play feature is a lock-up cell in one of the back corners

If you got all the little sets that could connect to it like the blacksmith's shop and the armor shop that would help a little (though the different baseplate heights is annoying). Black Falcon's Fortress which followed this looks a little better but still suffers from the same feeling of it being a fence around nothing. Even though a lot of people don't like the big molded baseplates, castles started getting more fun when they introduced those.

This new one looks alright though, combining the fun elements of the later sets with the fold-out feature of the earlier ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DrChu posted:

I recently sold a 6080 King's Castle and even though that was the "big" classic castle its also boring as hell.

(excuse the auction photos)

This was my first big set as a kid

It may be boring by today's standards but I was pretty jazzed about it at the time

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I think the new 3-in-1 castle is almost perfect. I like the colourfulness of it and appreciate the relative scale of it. It's playful. It's just not a SC car so I don't really have anywhere I could display it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I love the old castles but it's a nostalgia thing. It's the same with any of the old themes. They are charming because they are your childhood. most of the old space sets aren't actually good builds either like they would be a joke if Lego released them today.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Apparently the Daily Bugle set is 3.7 k pieces, costs €300ish and might have 25 mini figures. Still rumors, but apparently “trustworthy” according to this. Launches June 1st with end of May pre sales. Okay I’m stoked, more so if it’s a modular building, it sounds huge.

German rumors (they’re showing an older daily bugle set a little down)

https://www.stonewars.de/geruechte/lego-marvel-76178-daily-bugle-details/

The Lego Instagram account is teasing it already

Zwille fucked around with this message at 15:12 on May 15, 2021

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Lego putting up a teaser for the Daily Bugle on their Instagram.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Tossed in a handful of loony bags into kid's bday order on Lego.com, hoping to get one cool one like Marvin. got 3 bugs and 1 girl bunny (Lola?) who I thought was just from space jam. womp womp.

some little bugs trinkets to give away I guess.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
That'll probably be my reward to myself for dealing with a sleep regressing toddler who is also suffering from separation anxiety and teething for over a month.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

There's a vaguely credible looking leak on Instagram of the Daily Bugle, holy moly its so tall.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

You weren’t kidding, that’s sick looking

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Zwille posted:

I think all the different figures are cool but the design looks pretty repetitive and less inspired than the older Bugle set.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Zwille posted:

It looks impressive alone, but it would probably look very bland and boring next to Ninjago City sets. Is the actual building all grey or is it some odd way of highlighting parts of the set? I think after seeing this It'll be a pass for me, despite initially being rather interested.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Maybe you can open it up from the back, I can’t imagine it’ll have the modular style floors. Yeah it looks kind of bland but also kind of nuts at the same time. I’m gonna get it I think, more so if it’s modular compatible

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Any word on price? That's gotta be like $300 at least...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

So many figures! I think I see Miles Morales bottom right, peeking from behind.l the building.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

The screen seems to be showing Spider-Pig too.

deoju posted:

Any word on price? That's gotta be like $300 at least...

That rumors site claims €300, but they also claim 25 minifigs which feels like a lot, idk.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

25 is a lot but it's not unusual for sets that size to have 20+ figures. I think the NC each have close to 25, most of the big Star Wars playsets have around 20.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Apparently who I thought was Miles is actually Blade! :monocle:

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Oh, okay then! I was going by the assembly square set which has like 8 minifigs and the UCS models, I’m not that experienced apart from that :v:

Full pic has surfaced, the base looks interesting. I’m certainly getting it, even though it has no modular stuff going at the base? Though to be honest, I have a hard time imaging how to display it as it’s too high for the cases I have and the cats will tear the dangly bits apart :thunk:

e:f,b on the pic, yours is better too

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Is that using classic train rails as building detail?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

There's 13 (maybe 14 in the front door?) figures visible there, and none of them are JJJ, so we're definitely not seeing all of them.

YanniRotten
Apr 3, 2010

We're so pretty,
oh so pretty
I need photos of JJJ!

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Apparently it has technic pin connector bricks in spots compatible possibly with modulars.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Scipiotik posted:

Apparently it has technic pin connector bricks in spots compatible possibly with modulars.

That was the first thing I noticed, was that little black hole in the base on the green newsstand. I hope so but we'll get better photos soon I hope.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

YanniRotten posted:

I need photos of JJJ!

You mean Omniman once I get that cape on him. Time to work on my subway MOC.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

From 31112, the Wild Lion... I call this the Beast of Rock!

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Got around to building one of my silly amp designs. Vox AC30!

Prophet of Nixon posted:

From 31112, the Wild Lion... I call this the Beast of Rock!

I have been enjoying all of your alternate builds so much but this one is the best yet. And how immediately relevant!

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Carbohydrates posted:

I have been enjoying all of your alternate builds so much but this one is the best yet. And how immediately relevant!

Thank you very much, that means a lot coming from you! I've learned a ton about how to use side-stud bricks and plates in builds from studying your posts, and also about what even little parts of brick geometry can represent at different scales (those partial antenna knobs on your amps, the times you've used the finger groove on tiles as an intentional detail, etc).

I was messing with the Beast earlier today and found that the right arm torqued apart too easily when the guitar was moved, so I rebuilt that to be sturdier, buffed up the left arm just a little, and made the feet a bit nicer. Here's some final renders:

Prophet of Nixon fucked around with this message at 04:40 on May 17, 2021

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It's the three biggest Forestmen sets (6054, 6066 and 6077) mashed together and AFOL'd.

And that is why I'm tempted - robin hood theme was awesome.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Very excited for set 41935: Lots of Dots to drop tbh

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Very excited for set 41935: Lots of Dots to drop tbh

Wow, I thought you were making a joke but no.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Kind of disappointed they didn’t go full 3D tbqh

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Welp that is literally the set image

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

It is LEGO Masters (AUS) finale time! Get excited! Go Ryan and Gabby! (They're probs not going to win, but I hope they do!)

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

Apparently who I thought was Miles is actually Blade! :monocle:

The lego leaks page on instagram took the pictures down but they now claim it's gonna be like the flatiron building maybe which would be neat but the pictures didn't look like that at all unless the left side is the pointy side... which would be weird?

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

Chairchucker posted:

It is LEGO Masters (AUS) finale time! Get excited! Go Ryan and Gabby! (They're probs not going to win, but I hope they do!)

Legitimately happy for any of these teams to win, but goddamn are Gus's animals just something else.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I really like that you could have shown the final builds to someone halfway through the series and they'd guess who did each of them.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

MaliciousOnion posted:

Wow, I thought you were making a joke but no.

This is extremely my jam

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Ooh, mini starburst?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Womp womp full details revealed for the daily bugle, poo poo is looking good and it’s indeed using rails for the exterior and it’s modular

https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-marvel-76178-daily-bugle/

82cm tall including antenna