Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is this game stable/good yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Tree Bucket posted:

Because no one wants to play a game where the skill tree consists of "do you know where to dig latrines Y/N" and "N" results in half your dudes dying of soiled pantaloons each day.

And yet people keep buying AGEOD games.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

The Lone Badger posted:

Yeah

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

The Lone Badger posted:

I played it like a month ago and it didn't crash on me a single time.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

have they made sieges work at all yet?

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

punishedkissinger posted:

have they made sieges work at all yet?

They work better than they ever have in a mount in blade game, which means not really.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Comrayn posted:

They work better than they ever have in a mount in blade game, which means not really.

It's mount and blade, so sieges are mostly just standing in front of a ladder overhead-chopping off a stream of englishmens' heads, bored.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

you can also fire the catapults and trebuchets but it's really hard to hit anything and far more efficient on defense to just grab the rocks and throw them down from the walls at the guys below you

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
At least the fire catapults make for fun end-battle kill stats. I once had a solitary Battanian Trouserless Skirmisher or whatever they're called, responsible for 40 kills.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Sieges work better than warband but that's not saying much.

At least the AI can use more than one ladder at a time.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Sieges are still a slog, but much much less so than warband. There's actually some occasional fun in them when they don't break for dumb AI reasons. I can't say I ever enjoyed a warband siege on either side.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Can you actually do defensive sieges now? Last time I played it was just impossible the AI would leave as soon as the players showed up or if you were already in the town they would never engage in the first place. I have never once defended a siege.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

bird food bathtub posted:

Can you actually do defensive sieges now? Last time I played it was just impossible the AI would leave as soon as the players showed up or if you were already in the town they would never engage in the first place. I have never once defended a siege.

I've only had them when the AI has a significant force advantage.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

a few patches ago they said they'd change the map AI so that AI armies would put greater preference on besieging castles and cities nearer to their borders and would be more reluctant to change targets (e.g. if the town they're traveling to to siege gets reinforced by the player and they're at less of an advantage)

i started playing again a couple days ago after not playing since launch but haven't joined a kingdom yet so i don't have any first hand experience with how well it works with the changes.

i did notice though that the performance has gotten much better in the past year (i'm playing on the same system)

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Yeah the game runs significantly better for me compared to launch, particularly large battles.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Panzeh posted:

At least the AI can use more than one ladder at a time.

except when it doesn't manage to use any of them

downout
Jul 6, 2009

I've gotten into a couple def sieges. They have to outnumber you, not by a lot but I think in the one's i've gotten into I had ~30% less troops? Maybe 500 vs 700.

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

For the record I do not have a foot fetish.

The key is to let an army start a siege then break through and join the defenders.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

If you can get them to actually attack, you can level the everloving poo poo out of your ranged skills since the arrow barrels give you basically unlimited ammo. Last time I defended a siege I had like 110 bow kills, and they eventually got too many owwies and hosed off.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I will never get huge kills in defensive sieges because i'm far to interested in trying to use the defensive balista's despite them being nearly impossible to aim.

Also i haven't put enough time into working them out and haven't played this game in two months, so you know, grain of salt.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

dogstile posted:

I will never get huge kills in defensive sieges because i'm far to interested in trying to use the defensive balista's despite them being nearly impossible to aim.

Also i haven't put enough time into working them out and haven't played this game in two months, so you know, grain of salt.

You can try the custom battles for catapult practice.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

they should give you progressively more informative predicted projectile curves as you level up engineering skill

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Is there any sense for what new features are being worked on? What's coming next?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Dorkopotamis posted:

Is there any sense for what new features are being worked on? What's coming next?

The current Beta patch listed on steam has some good stuff in it- stacks of minor fixes and changes, including the ability to order your clans' parties to go raiding or stay defensive.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Stuff I believe is coming in the future.

The battle map rework so that each battle map actually matches where you are in the world so you can do things like engage on bridges and the like.

Smithing rework since the current version is kind of RNG and economy breaking.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

They put out a dev update video every now and then. I think this is the most recent one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQse5KhT1Ng

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

bltzn posted:

The key is to let an army start a siege then break through and join the defenders.

Did they finally make this possible in Bannerlord? I haven't played in forever, but every time I tried to join a siege defense, the sieging forces either broke camp to attack me just before I reached the city, or it told me I couldn't break through without losing 50+% of my army.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

7c Nickel posted:

The battle map rework so that each battle map actually matches where you are in the world so you can do things like engage on bridges and the like.

I still hope that only most/a lot of maps are the pre-made custom maps and you can still get into random forest or mountain or desert battles a bit away from civilization. I kind of liked having to dynamically adapt to terrain you couldn't predict or control.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Vorenus posted:

Did they finally make this possible in Bannerlord? I haven't played in forever, but every time I tried to join a siege defense, the sieging forces either broke camp to attack me just before I reached the city, or it told me I couldn't break through without losing 50+% of my army.

you'll lose a painful # of troops breaking through, but it shouldn't be 50%, even with bad Tactics.

never had the besieging force break camp to kill me. Maybe if you have a very large # of troops.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Figured I'd play again as it's been a while and wow, the mod scene appears to be pretty dead. All the big names from when I last played haven't been updated in at least 6 months

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Finally got the game.

Love it. It's Warband with a coat of paint but that's all I need really, it's some nice paint. No crashes even though I savescum like crazy.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

GruntyThrst posted:

Figured I'd play again as it's been a while and wow, the mod scene appears to be pretty dead. All the big names from when I last played haven't been updated in at least 6 months

There are some big projects but it might be a while before they're fully playable. Bannerlord Online is supposed to have a big release in a couple months and their patreon is pulling in probably $8000+ a month. The Warhammer mod looks really well done so far and apparently has 100+ people workign on it, hopefully they don't get DMCA'd

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 25, 2021

downout
Jul 6, 2009

skooma512 posted:

Finally got the game.

Love it. It's Warband with a coat of paint but that's all I need really, it's some nice paint. No crashes even though I savescum like crazy.

The only crash I've consistently seen anymore is when I try to "trade" a prisoner in the negotiation screen. And it's only prisoners that would have value in the negotiation, so it sort of removes them as trading pawns.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Flavahbeast posted:

There are some big projects but it might be a while before they're fully playable. Bannerlord Online is supposed to have a big release in a couple months and their patreon is pulling in probably $8000+ a month. The Warhammer mod looks really well done so far and apparently has 100+ people workign on it, hopefully they don't get DMCA'd

Haven't pulled the trigger yet, but the modding scene is starting to look really cool.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Is there a coop mod yet? Even if I just have to ride around in my bros army it would be so good.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

flashman posted:

Is there a coop mod yet? Even if I just have to ride around in my bros army it would be so good.

Not yet, but it’s being worked on.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
come ooooon

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Coop bannerlord when?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Bannerlord Online posted some preview pics today of the upcoming update including clan banners and pvp zones, but that's more of an MMO experience and not straight up vanilla coop. There is a coop mod in the works but idk the progress on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Is there any hint of coming out of Early Access soon?