Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

a boarding house without a landlord? the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
wonder who kicked the Palestinians out, and from where.

who knows? whatever, right

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/MairavZ/status/1394187096932356096?s=20

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

drat this don draper guy is kind of a piece of poo poo

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
What's a BDS I don't want to Google it and get put in the camps

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Asproigerosis posted:

Boycott/divestment/sanction

In some places in america it is illegal to boycott israel lol

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Given it doesn't seem anyone is going to save Palestine, what does Isreal intend on doing once they have all that land and have killed all the former inhabitants? Are they going to try to push their borders with other nations? I'm guessing they are gonna want to expand somehow to stave off the gnawing hunger of capital (lest they become it's next meal).

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

thechosenone posted:

Given it doesn't seem anyone is going to save Palestine, what does Isreal intend on doing once they have all that land and have killed all the former inhabitants? Are they going to try to push their borders with other nations? I'm guessing they are gonna want to expand somehow to stave off the gnawing hunger of capital (lest they become it's next meal).

Israel is a full on blood and soil settler colonial project. They'll find new enemies.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

with the way climate change is effecting the Middle East they’ll just have to sit at their borders and freak out over refugees trying to make it north and west into areas with water

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Asproigerosis posted:

the Boycott / Divestment / Sanctions movement basically means don't buy anything made by/in Israel, don't work for/with Israeli firms, and otherwise cut off Israel from economic activity.

it's sort of similar to Colin Kaepernick's kneeling gesture in that it was already devised to be a way to do something to resist the Israeli occupation without getting tangled in issues of terrorism or violence... and yet it's still considered as that by Zionists and neocons anyway

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

lol Biden is a war criminal

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

It's funny that they don't even try to find a few jews to fake charge if only to avoid headlines like this. One thing about Israelis that you gotta respect is that they will not hide the ball at all.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
https://twitter.com/sh3aib/status/1394292369130938381?s=21

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/appelbaum_craig/status/1393705957587263492

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

correct

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

that don draper clip loving sucks. as an actor it is actually possible to refuse to say certain lines.
he's got her there

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

:hmmyes:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

thechosenone posted:

probably steal land from lebanon since they've already been assassinating and car bombing them with impunity for decades

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Neurolimal posted:

https://twitter.com/fartsandboners/status/1394138747030188035?s=20

I've chalked john oliver up as the inoffensive british man milquetoast libs watch to feel cultural ever since he pranced in a peter pan outfit at jon stewart's rally, so that seems significant

also dti

He's quite good and honest at pointing out what the problems are. He becomes milquetoast and inoffensive when suggesting solutions.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Neurolimal posted:

https://twitter.com/fartsandboners/status/1394138747030188035?s=20

I've chalked john oliver up as the inoffensive british man milquetoast libs watch to feel cultural ever since he pranced in a peter pan outfit at jon stewart's rally, so that seems significant

also dti

Ali Abunimah was pointing out yesterday in the Grayzone podcast that he hasn't seen this much support of the Palestinian cause since the first intifada.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

probably steal land from lebanon since they've already been assassinating and car bombing them with impunity for decades

iirc historically there have been conceptions of 'Greater Israel' that covered large parts of Syria and Jordan, and Israel occupied Sinai for a decade after the Six Day War (at the same time as they first occupied the Golan Heights in Syria). So there's precedent, you know

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone
Free Palestine?
I think you will find access to means tested Palestine is much more realistic

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Can I interest you in some vouchers?

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

name a president that isn’t

besides harrison

maybe

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Ali Abunimah was pointing out yesterday in the Grayzone podcast that he hasn't seen this much support of the Palestinian cause since the first intifada.

i think a large part is just how much stuff was on twitter before the bombing started showing israel loving up the mosque and settlers loving people up. then israel decided to start bombing the poo poo out of them.

in the uk at least i think a huge part if it has probably been driven by the insane campaign against corbyn. it'l have made a lot more people actually pay attention to whats going on

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

John Charity Spring posted:

iirc historically there have been conceptions of 'Greater Israel' that covered large parts of Syria and Jordan, and Israel occupied Sinai for a decade after the Six Day War (at the same time as they first occupied the Golan Heights in Syria). So there's precedent, you know

quote:

On 04 September 2001 a demonstration was held in Jerusalem to support of the Idea of the State Israel from the Nile to the Euphrates. It was organised by the movement Bead Artzein ("For the Homeland"), headed by rabbi and historian Avrom Shmulevic from Hebron. According to Shmulevic, "We shall have no peace as long as the whole territory of the Land of Israel will not return under Jewish control.... A stable peace will come only then, when Israel will return to itself all its historical lands, and will thus control both the Suez and the Ormudz channel.... We must remember that Iraqi oil fields too are located on the Jewish land."

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

BoldFace posted:

https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/1394229822663139328?s=19

You know things are bad when Turkey is asking the pope for help.

we need a crusade to liberate palestine from its occupiers

How Darwinian
Feb 27, 2011

https://twitter.com/CarlZha/status/1394295758229147654?s=20

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Jesus that's extremely racist.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

as "leverage". how about we just not sell them weapons

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Remember the cringy storyline about Israel tourism in Mad Men? lol

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That's literally the job

dti dta hail satan

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

wtf

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I think a lot of you underestimate how many rabid fans and influnce zionists have in the decision making circles in both entertainment and Silicon Valley in the US.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/Israel/status/1394210243484192768?s=20

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

has anyone considered reestablishing a new Kingdom of Jerusalem

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

god why is Israel so focused on these low t "they made fun of me on the internet :qq:" posts

you're loving bombing kids no one cares that someone called you ugly on the internet jesus gently caress

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/soit_goes/status/1394012173224009732?s=20
https://twitter.com/BlockClubCHI/status/1394314422328377347?s=20

Chicago had a huge march yesterday. Organizers said 25k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

very cool, going to use that phrase a lot more in casual conversation now