Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

It was raining today so I brought some bait to the pier to try to knock out a few fish. Got both a Coelacanth and a Mahi Mahi with about 25 bait! Good day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Are there fish that only bite during rain?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

beer gas canister posted:

Are there fish that only bite during rain?

Coelacanths can only be caught in the rain. Some rare fish are more common in the rain as well - barreleyes and most sharks are confirmed, it's possible others too.

...Hm, I may have a problem here. Today's rock did not spawn. I highly doubt I've actually managed to spawnproof the entire island but maybe I have, in which case apparently none of my four remaining spaces are valid.

After much consulting of the internets I've moved some tall furniture further away or taken it out entirely. It's also possible one of the four spots is too close to a bridge, I'll have to wait and see on that one. Hopefully this fixes it tomorrow.

Black Robe fucked around with this message at 14:39 on May 17, 2021

The Clowning
Jan 10, 2007
I'm certainly not gonna sign for any more packages with the word "Congo" written in blood.
closed for now

The Clowning fucked around with this message at 16:37 on May 17, 2021

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

The Clowning posted:

Come to Symbolica! After the world's slowest redecorating project, my island is presentable again. Please explore! G 2 T Q Y

* Nook's has a pink changing room, autograph cards, a red video camera, and unlimited pro tape recorders and dish-drying racks
* Able Sisters has skull tees, caveman tanks, magical dresses, mage's striped hats, mohawks, and wrestling masks
* Saharah is trapped in front of the museum and has a red message mat, a simple medium purple mat, a red dotted rug, a misty-garden wall, and white-chocolates flooring
* There are some good DIYs on the beach in front of Nook's

thanks! you have a beautiful island!

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Lucky, if I'd known you were going to give Lily a baby romper, I wouldn't have bothered trying to save snack time for you. :argh:

It feels like it's been a month since Isabelle has had any news for me. :sigh: (I'm not counting the start of the musuem stamp rally tomorrow, since that's for everyone. :colbert:)

Also, is there any point to collecting Nooklink points once you have all the items other than saving them up for the future?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Unfortunately, Chrissy and Francine look adorable in the baby rompers because their spots match, so I keep giving them to 'em. Just like Molly in the kid's smock was irresistibly adorable.

The Clowning
Jan 10, 2007
I'm certainly not gonna sign for any more packages with the word "Congo" written in blood.

punishedkissinger posted:

thanks! you have a beautiful island!

Thank you!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Patty is in boxes today. It's sad to see her go, but in the end, I could not stand in the way of her dreams.

If anyone would like to have a Peppy Cow for their island, shoot me a PM or drop a message in this thread, and I'll hook you up.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Does anyone know how the Nook Miles achievement for selling turnips works? Like, if you sell your nips at a loss, does that detract from the total? Or does it just count the raw total of bells you get for selling them?

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Black Robe posted:

Coelacanths can only be caught in the rain. Some rare fish are more common in the rain as well - barreleyes and most sharks are confirmed, it's possible others too.

...Hm, I may have a problem here. Today's rock did not spawn. I highly doubt I've actually managed to spawnproof the entire island but maybe I have, in which case apparently none of my four remaining spaces are valid.

After much consulting of the internets I've moved some tall furniture further away or taken it out entirely. It's also possible one of the four spots is too close to a bridge, I'll have to wait and see on that one. Hopefully this fixes it tomorrow.

the pressure will build up until a volcanic eruption explodifies your island

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

TL posted:

Does anyone know how the Nook Miles achievement for selling turnips works? Like, if you sell your nips at a loss, does that detract from the total? Or does it just count the raw total of bells you get for selling them?

yes it based on net profit - it's possible to go backwards on the achievement if you sell at a loss.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Bulgakov posted:

the pressure will build up until a volcanic eruption explodifies your island

I'll start a new youtube/instagram trend - volcanocore

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I'm opening the gates to my island because why not! I have a crap ton of DIYs and some odds and ends items to the left of the airport and also a pile of stuff on the ground near my house that you can all take (oh god please take stuff). It's also Pekoe's birthday and Kicks is here selling some odds and ends. It's too early for my shops to be open so I have no idea whats in them.

Feel free to pick fruit, there are gold roses next to my house if anyone needs to pick some it's ok by me.

Code is in that other thread.

edit: CLOSED! Thanks for taking a ton of stuff, folks!

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 23:14 on May 18, 2021

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I'm opening the gates to my island because why not! I have a crap ton of DIYs and some odds and ends items to the left of the airport and also a pile of stuff on the ground near my house that you can all take (oh god please take stuff). It's also Pekoe's birthday and Kicks is here selling some odds and ends. It's too early for my shops to be open so I have no idea whats in them.

Feel free to pick fruit, there are gold roses next to my house if anyone needs to pick some it's ok by me.

Code is in that other thread.

edit: CLOSED! Thanks for taking a ton of stuff, folks!

Charles posted:

Thanks, I learned a bunch of new recipes, took a muscle suit, and one golden rose. I can't plant that though, right? I'd need to dig one out I think. I don't know if it does anything but I gave Pekoe a present.

Ok now for mine: Turnips are going for 430 bells right now, and my console is on Alaska time. That seems like it could be good.
The bug guy is wandering around, and I couldn't figure out how to trap him, and I gotta go. Last I saw he was in the Southeast near the museum.
My island is a mess cause I'm just a casual player. Take anything you want, flowers, fruit, excess recipes, I don't really care.

Code is . reply or pm if you need this before 10pm alaska time
Also, how do you get the giant insect statues? Or are some of them just bigger? I just commissioned a flea statue, cause IDK, seemed funny.

Kia Soul Enthusias fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 19, 2021

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Charles posted:

Also, how do you get the giant insect statues? Or are some of them just bigger? I just commissioned a flea statue, cause IDK, seemed funny.

Some bugs are just big when you get statues of them made by Flick (mostly things like the atlas moth and certain butterflies) but more are not that big.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Charles posted:

The really giant ones are the Atlas Moth, Banded Dragonfly and Queen Alexandra's Birdwing, they're 2x2.

There are a few 2x1 as well - Giraffe Stag, Goliath Beetle, Horned Hercules.

All the others are 1x1.

-

I'm pretty underwhelmed with the Museum Day event. I missed it last year so this was my first time with it. I knew it wasn't very involved, just interacting with things to get a stamp, but I'm still a bit disappointed - the flavour text is kind of pathetic. I dunno, it just feels like they could have done a little bit more with it. And I don't know why it runs for two weeks, there's no incentive to repeat it just for 10k bells from selling the extra plaques. I can get that from two balloons just walking around. If the stamp stations gave trivia and that changed every day that would be enough for me to do it.

On the plus side, third rock in place, I'm cautiously optimistic that my fiddling has worked.

Black Robe fucked around with this message at 09:40 on May 19, 2021

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Have they been tweaking the rate of desirable villagers showing up in campsites? Because my luck has been phenomenal lately. Just recently I've had Rosie and Marshal, various other good ones I passed on, and today I have Raymond. Almost no dopes or uggos for months now.

Gonna pass on Raymond, though. The perils of being spoiled for choice.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
We also got Marshal through the camp recently. Feels like campers in general have increased but we're still getting our fair share of abominations.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
I haven't seen any campers on my island in weeks. And I keep having villagers I want to stay ask to leave. :sigh:

CurvyGoonWife
Jun 12, 2018
I just had Barold yesterday so I guess you’ve taken all the luck for the rest of us.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
I had Anchovy in my campsite and I’m sad I have no room for him :(

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I have Ozzie today.

I'm pretty sure the game is going to keep throwing lazies at me since I don't have one, so I'm not anticipating getting a visitor I want for a long time.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Rodney FINALLY offered to leave my island yesterday, I'm so relieved

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Black Robe posted:

I have Ozzie today.

I'm pretty sure the game is going to keep throwing lazies at me since I don't have one, so I'm not anticipating getting a visitor I want for a long time.

He just left my island today! Swapped him for Pudge.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

After Patty left on Monday, I went on an island hopping spree Tuesday, and eventually managed to stumble across Vivian, who was one of the ones I've been wanting for my island. :buddy:

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

W.T. Fits posted:

After Patty left on Monday, I went on an island hopping spree Tuesday, and eventually managed to stumble across Vivian, who was one of the ones I've been wanting for my island. :buddy:

Vivian is lovely, she is never leaving me.

Fourth rock in place, aw yeah.

Flick's here, to buy my bug pile and make the last giant bug model I need to terrorise Blathers decorate outside the museum.

I am desperately praying for an announcement at E3 promising the ability to have two islands on one device. I'd pay for it, I don't care. I want another island but I don't want to have two Switches.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I really want a second island so that my partner can enjoy the game. Making them stuff to look at is nice and they appreciate it, but I know they'd rather get in there and make their own island. :smith:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I wonder how many extra switches Nintendo have sold just because of that exact thing....

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I've considered it. I can't move buildings or make infrastructure, but I'm doing all the terraforming. I'm just waiting for the 4k Switch at this point.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
This game could do with a beefier switch, I demolished an area because it was causing the switch to chug so bad every time I ran past

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

W.T. Fits posted:

Let me tell you a story from months ago:

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

I just had the most wholesome experience with a player from the ACNH subreddit who came to collect Vivian before she went to the Void.

I advertised Vivian about an hour ago on the subreddit’s Discord as free-to-take, and this person messaged me frantically offering money and gold nuggets and NMTs for her. She was basically panicking in text form, furiously writing in caps lock, spelling mistakes included, so I reassured her that she was the first person to contact me about taking Vivian off my hands. This woman was practically crying; she came over, dressed as Vivian, dropped 15,000 Bells and 2 gold nuggets at my feet and ran the gently caress over to Vivian’s house to adopt her, but not before sending me fan art on Discord that she had done of Vivian.

This was such a super wholesome evening and I’m gonna lay down and cry now due to overwhelming cuteness.

The fact that I had this wholesome experience in a video game still makes me so happy :blessed:

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

track day bro! posted:

This game could do with a beefier switch, I demolished an area because it was causing the switch to chug so bad every time I ran past

Yeah, I've got a few spots like that. Though weirdly the worst area doesn't have that many items in it? And there are busier, fuller areas that don't chug. So I don't know what causes it.

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
I was running out of things to do. So, long story short, Nook's Cranny now has a pizza place next to it. Be sure to try their famous brick oven pizza made to order.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Let me tell you a story from months ago:

The fact that I had this wholesome experience in a video game still makes me so happy :blessed:

Yeah, I saw that in the thread OP, that's one of the main reasons I was hoping to possibly get her as a villager. :3:

In other news, turnip prices on my Island are on a Decreasing trend; they've dropped from 107 on Sunday down to currently 65, and show no signs of going back up according to at least two different turnip calculators. :sigh:

Also, Cousin Redd's here today with three fake (Moving Painting, Quaint Painting, Robust Statue) and one genuine (Ancient Statue) art pieces. Also, smokers and flamingos for your lawn, if you're into that. If anyone's interested, lemme know and I'll toss you a Dodo code (I don't want any of the fakes, and I've already got both a real and fake Ancient Statue).

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I really want a second island so that my partner can enjoy the game. Making them stuff to look at is nice and they appreciate it, but I know they'd rather get in there and make their own island. :smith:

I bought my wife the Animal Crossing switch for her birthday and it was a great move.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Celeste is hanging around up north on Fiorina, in the currently-undergoing-renovations Jon Hanna Memorial Garden (you’ll need a ladder to get to her as the staircase is being rebuilt)

E: warp pipe has been set up outside Ables!

I’ll leave the Switch on all night so yall can visit her any time before she flies away! Or you can stay until sunrise and do some morning yoga to the gorgeous 5am music :love:

Dodo: NMF81

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 20:12 on May 20, 2021

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Thanks to an amazing person I now have a complete art gallery and don't have to deal with Cousin Redd ever again, and whenever he shows up I can let other people be horribly let down by him instead.

I'll still buy stuff to throw at other people but man, it's going to be so nice not ducking through that flap and immediately being disappointed.

Black Robe fucked around with this message at 20:02 on May 20, 2021

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'd also like to finish off our museum, so I'll finally list my extras, hoping to trade for reals that I need! While I imagine people probably aren't actively hunting for fakes, I've included them below as well.

LOOKING FOR:
Amazing painting
Basic painting
Motherly statue
Moving painting
Proper painting
Rock-Head statue
Solemn painting
Valiant statue

Have (Real):
Warrior statue
Twinkling painting
Scary painting
Quaint painting
Serene painting
Common painting
Jolly painting
Wild painting left half

Have (Fake):
Wild painting right half
Rock-head statue
Amazing painting
Basic painting
Serene painting
Serene painting
Solemn painting

I also have extra photos from Cherry, Freya, Graham, Raymond, Sprocket, and Tangy if anybody is photo hunting as well.

Poque fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jun 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
I've got a Proper Painting to trade for that Wild Painting Left Half, if you're interested.