Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Name and shame. That's horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
hot take: much like cops, nazis don't consider you people, so don't consider them people. name and shame

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Name and shame. That's horrible.

Yeah this needs a little stronger of a reaction than a harrumph. Name and shame

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

All cower in fear of The Great Harumphening

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
Alberta is cool

https://twitter.com/Crackmacs/status/1393650711099887619?s=19

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
thanks I hate it

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Trudeau is many things, and he may even be a pedophile, but I don't believe he was ever convicted.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/emily_leedham_/status/1393659792514822151?s=21

i thought there wasn’t cops available to control protests??????????????????????1?1??1?1?1??

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
There aren't enough cops to control white protests.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

EvilJoven posted:

Yeah, B'nai Brith is already complaining the cops aren't policing these as hard as they are anti-lockdown protests, loving lol.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

DariusLikewise posted:

https://twitter.com/emily_leedham_/status/1393659792514822151?s=21

i thought there wasn’t cops available to control protests??????????????????????1?1??1?1?1??

Like this? https://twitter.com/canmericanized/status/1393635316074954752

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

EvilJoven posted:

I mean, how could cops be there in uniform? They're already marching in the protests.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Went to a fitness supply store to pick up a bench and the staff all had the valved exhaust masks. Dude who helped me seemed... irritable? Roided up maybe? While waiting for them to get it from the back I noticed they had the blue masks on sale for $14.88 a case. Then a few other items for $14.88 or $1488.00. Very cool, will never return!

name and shame friend i dont wanna inadvertently support nazis

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Slotducks posted:

name and shame friend i dont wanna inadvertently support nazis

Seems like you would know it if you saw it. But I do think it would be really funny in an awful way if it was a coincidence.

Costco posted:

In particular, look for:

Prices that end in 97¢: These have been marked down from the regular priced items, which end in 99¢

Odd pricing, such as 79¢, 49¢, or 89¢: These indicate specially priced items that Costco got a deal from the manufacturer. Rapoport says these can be better deals than at other stores, but not usually better than the 97¢ markdown.

An asterisk* on the upper right side of the sign: The item won't be reordered.

88¢ or .00 endings: Manager markdowns. Sometimes the company uses these to move a product very fast.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
I've always thought ending sale items in .88 was a way to appeal to asian buyers, which now that I reflect on it for a split second is probably a racist assumption even if it is also a real thing that happens.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

this reminds me of the time people on this forum freaked out about basketball players throwing up the three point sign because it was a white supremacist symbol.

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011
Um this seems legitimately good. Am I missing something?

https://twitter.com/gentrifriction/status/1394303336162074627?s=20

Sassafras
Dec 24, 2004

by Athanatos
With a budget of $12/resident, the dental thing is definitely a "talk about doing it" not a "doing it" thing, and may amount to nothing, but that aside.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

xtal posted:

Seems like you would know it if you saw it. But I do think it would be really funny in an awful way if it was a coincidence.

Sounds like bullshit to me when you could be making an extra $0.11 per item by ending it in 99

Just do what clothing companies do and say the original price is 300% the "sale" price

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011

Sassafras posted:

With a budget of $12/resident, the dental thing is definitely a "talk about doing it" not a "doing it" thing, and may amount to nothing, but that aside.

Yeah I can see that but it's something. I'm more surprised that they are specifically funding safe supply and not simply a supervised consumption site. That's a big deal.

Sassafras
Dec 24, 2004

by Athanatos

Fried Watermelon posted:

Sounds like bullshit to me when you could be making an extra $0.11 per item by ending it in 99

Just do what clothing companies do and say the original price is 300% the "sale" price

A lot of those pricing endings are also way pre-computerization, especially the "good god, don't reorder this once it finally sells out" ones.

Lots of places' tags used to have letter codes on them that you could translate into their actual unit costs too but that all went away the better part of twenty years ago.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I used to do inventories where we would need to manually translate the letter codes to costs while doing the inventory. bleh. that was only like 15 years ago too

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Got my first shot yesterday. Got some side-effects so I took it as an excuse to ask for a day off from work.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Starks posted:

this reminds me of the time people on this forum freaked out about basketball players throwing up the three point sign because it was a white supremacist symbol.

people on this forum are astoundingly loving stupid at times

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

infernal machines posted:

people are astoundingly loving stupid at times

Just simplified this a bit

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Re: Pricing chat

Those codes are only applicable to very specific companies. I worked for Loblaws and Sobeys specifically dealing with pricing for most of that time, neither company makes use of pricing codes. My understanding is that most do not. I believe walmart does. If I recall it is an older practice that more modern practices made obsolete. Often the only vector for non- XX.99 prices is when department managers will set sale pricing on over-inventory or close dates and just pick a number. This is where they could be doing 1488 poo poo intentionally, or maybe coincidentally.

I often see the Costco pricing code thing dragged out whenever 14.88 pricing comes up. It always has this weird tone of "well actually..." with a hint of scolding people for jumping to nazis. I'd hazard if you see a 14.88 that is a local sale (location specific), a nazi did it. Is it a small business? Nazi. If it is a massive chain, and the price is advertised, check if the company uses pricing codes, it likely wasn't a nazi.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

I don't wear Helly Hanson because walking around with HH logos all over you is a bad look

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I also work with inventory and do price adjustments. When my store changed owners, every price became "cost + X%" so we were getting some pretty wacky prices. Before that, we would have numbers ending in;
99 (normal prices)
98 ('preferred' items with tons of markup, the ones we were encouraged to focus sales on)
96 (sale price, no further in-store discounts).

Something ending in 88 is a bit odd, but not entirely outside the realm of possibility if the store is just doing "cost +X" markup, or has so many number values used in the system to designate specific deals and the like that they ended up going down to that low.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Starks posted:

It's both op.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
The entire point is its a coded virtue signal.

It has doubt placed in it by design.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Whoo! Sarnia!

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
its canadas armpit

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

RBC posted:

its canadas armpit

this is windsor erasure

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Slotducks posted:

I don't wear Helly Hanson because walking around with HH logos all over you is a bad look

Yeah, Hulk Hogan is a racist rear end in a top hat.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
what about home hardware?

i mean, other than that one that had the all lives matter sign...

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

infernal machines posted:

what about home hardware?

i mean, other than that one that had the all lives matter sign...

you can do it, we can heil

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

I was going to say "aren't all the hardware store chains owned by mega chuds?", but that seems to apply to all chains/small businesses.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Rutibex posted:

this is windsor erasure

There are usually two armpits

Kopitar
May 21, 2009

Rutibex posted:

this is windsor erasure

We all know Windsor as Ontario's rectum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Virtual Russian posted:

I was going to say "aren't all the hardware store chains owned by mega chuds?", but that seems to apply to all chains/small businesses.

home hardware is a dealer co-op