Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Watching Uncensored 97 and the commentary for Public Enemy/Harlem Heat is possibly the best thing I've ever heard. It's a hardcore match and there's this insane and pure joy from everybody, Dusty especially, as everyone beats each other with weapons. Seek it out of you can, it's so worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

Watching Uncensored 97 and the commentary for Public Enemy/Harlem Heat is possibly the best thing I've ever heard. It's a hardcore match and there's this insane and pure joy from everybody, Dusty especially, as everyone beats each other with weapons. Seek it out of you can, it's so worth it.

There's a similar vibe during that one great Regal/Finlay match where both guys just potato each other the whole time (also at an Uncensored)

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
reddit introduced me to another on the list of Curt Hennig was deceptively ridiculously strong to go alongside the time he Perfect-Plexed The Giant

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/IncomparableGoodnaturedKilldeer-mobile.mp4

Jesus Christ Hennig ruled

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lid posted:

reddit introduced me to another on the list of Curt Hennig was deceptively ridiculously strong to go alongside the time he Perfect-Plexed The Giant

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/IncomparableGoodnaturedKilldeer-mobile.mp4

Jesus Christ Hennig ruled

And that's with a hosed-up back.

Hennig is always going to be one of the big what-ifs as to what he could've accomplished had he not had his tailbone and discs injured so badly.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The big what if with Hennig isn't the injury IMO it's what if he signed with WCW instead of the WWF. His style of bumping like mad but winning cause he was a better wrestler would of easily been a world title program whereas in WWF it just didn't fit against Hogan (which is why that feud didn't draw)

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I'm watching old Raw's from 96 and Hennig and Triple H just tricked Marc Mero out of the IC title. Where did Hennig disappear to? I don't recall him going to WCW this early.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I thought Lloyd's of London got mad at him and he had to lay low.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Hennig and Rude taking Lloyd's for a ride is a real babyface move.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Came across what might be the worst parody of wrestling I have ever seen today, featuring one of the worst performers in wrestling history!

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1394117830652616705

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

is that the bit that got him hired by the fed

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Alaois posted:

is that the bit that got him hired by the fed

No he was on Raw a few years earlier. Supposedly Vince met him at a benefit but given Vince's sense of humor I bet he was just a big Imus fan.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

MassRafTer posted:

Came across what might be the worst parody of wrestling I have ever seen today, featuring one of the worst performers in wrestling history!

Is this like when Murder Bryan tried to pretend that he didn't have a wildly successful Patreon and branded himself as a "legal drug dealer" who sold Kratom and CBD to make ends meet?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

uh oh mrt called out bix's podcast friend in the questions thread so now bix has to call out mrt's podcast friend lmao

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Alaois posted:

uh oh mrt called out bix's podcast friend in the questions thread so now bix has to call out mrt's podcast friend lmao
BOOM.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

davidbix posted:

Is this like when Murder Bryan tried to pretend that he didn't have a wildly successful Patreon and branded himself as a "legal drug dealer" who sold Kratom and CBD to make ends meet?

Bryan is very open about making a living on patreon but that they also are not rich from it. I am sorry that you have one of the worst wrestlers in the world who is a huge sociopathic piece of poo poo on your show and you are self conscious about it, but I am sure he doesn't just make stuff up on your show and is very honest.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Uncritical support for my Street Fight comrades.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

MassRafTer posted:

Bryan is very open about making a living on patreon but that they also are not rich from it. I am sorry that you have one of the worst wrestlers in the world who is a huge sociopathic piece of poo poo on your show and you are self conscious about it, but I am sure he doesn't just make stuff up on your show and is very honest.
No, he literally said it wasn't enough for him to make a living on even though his Patreon was already clearing six figures for a two person operation. After going on Chapo and pretending that Medicaid expansion didn't exist.

Also, we don't have Beau on to talk about himself. (We've had more shows with SSW results without him as a guest than we do with him.) We have him on to talk about the stuff that he's absorbed from trying to glean as much as he could from all of the name guys he's dealt with over the years. And whenever he's brought up historical info that could be proven, he's either had receipts or cited who involved explained what. Whatever you think of him as a wrestler/promoter/whatever, I've only seen one or two people question him as a historian, only to be proven wrong in the process. (Once, a certain co-host of certain podcasts that are banished to their own thread was kvetching to me about how Beau doesn't have proof of certain historical claims he's made, specifically citing stuff he'd said about Sylvester Ritter wrestling as the Junkyard Dog in Knoxville years before he was in Mid-South, only to bail out of the conversation when I immediately showed him the actual clippings Beau had found.) The only times we've had him on to discuss anything that either directly or indirectly related to himself, he was joined by a second guest who was with him for those adventures.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

davidbix posted:

No, he literally said it wasn't enough for him to make a living on even though his Patreon was already clearing six figures for a two person operation. After going on Chapo and pretending that Medicaid expansion didn't exist.

Also, we don't have Beau on to talk about himself. (We've had more shows with SSW results without him as a guest than we do with him.) We have him on to talk about the stuff that he's absorbed from trying to glean as much as he could from all of the name guys he's dealt with over the years. And whenever he's brought up historical info that could be proven, he's either had receipts or cited who involved explained what. Whatever you think of him as a wrestler/promoter/whatever, I've only seen one or two people question him as a historian, only to be proven wrong in the process. (Once, a certain co-host of certain podcasts that are banished to their own thread was kvetching to me about how Beau doesn't have proof of certain historical claims he's made, specifically citing stuff he'd said about Sylvester Ritter wrestling as the Junkyard Dog in Knoxville years before he was in Mid-South, only to bail out of the conversation when I immediately showed him the actual clippings Beau had found.) The only times we've had him on to discuss anything that either directly or indirectly related to himself, he was joined by a second guest who was with him for those adventures.

Bud, I don't care if you have Beau on. But you clearly care that you have Beau because I stated the simple fact that he managed the Progressive Liberal and the opinion backed up by facts that he thought it was big time poo poo, and now you are re-litigating At Murder Bryan's livelihood in the WCW thread. It really doesn't matter here but they have a lot of overhead for their patreon because they produce actual physical content. He's in an OK place but this is America you know how expensive it is to live.

It's cool you have Beau on your show, he's a huge loving shithead rear end in a top hat who I wouldn't trust and is the worst active wrestler on Earth, but that doesn't make him a bad historian. He is just a deserved easy target of derision because he is a massive conspiratorial piece of poo poo.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Fellas, with all due respect, when a spat spans across two different threads it might be time to take it to PMs

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Halloween Jack posted:

Uncritical support for my Street Fight comrades.

Same but opposite I have no idea what’s going on but someone appears to have been on Chapo. gently caress the person who was on chapo.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Street Fight is the reason Chapo exists, so have fun with that.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

MassRafTer posted:

But Don Imus was bad and racist?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah, at what point did we declare Imus as not racist? Have we already forgotten the women’s basketball team incident?

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Yeah, at what point did we declare Imus as not racist? Have we already forgotten the women’s basketball team incident?

Didn't he also have some stupid rant about it not being fair that he's not allowed to say the n-word?

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Halloween Jack posted:

Street Fight is the reason Chapo exists, so have fun with that.

Yes gently caress street fight as well I was not confused on that part.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Sorry to interrupt podcast chat with WCW things but here

https://twitter.com/DeepCutsWCW/status/1394277048248590339

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is joke

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Hennig is the greatest midcarder of all time imo. Don't even know who else could compete

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Low Desert Punk posted:

Hennig is the greatest midcarder of all time imo. Don't even know who else could compete

Jericho, Benoit, Eddy. Jericho has had a bit more of a run at the top but Eddy and Benoit were main eventers for less time than Hennig and didn't spend the last 5 years of their careers as complete shells.

Davros1 posted:

But Don Imus was bad and racist?

And the Hogan impression is really lovely too. Perhaps you will be able to figure out the pattern.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

*cough* Tomohiro Ishii *cough*

*sigh*

Edit: Also I think Arn Anderson is probably better than Hennig as his run as the midcard gatekeeper of the horseman was just better and more memorable.

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 17, 2021

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i wish that argument had kept going in here

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Hennig was still great in WCW/nWo Revenge and that's what really matters

The Perfect Plex rules and is immensely satisfying to do in any wrestling game

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Low Desert Punk posted:

Rick Rude, Jake Roberts? Comedy option: Jeff Jarrett. I actually think greatest Midcarder of all time could almost support its own thread, if we wanted to seriously discuss it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Low Desert Punk posted:

Depending on your criteria, Scott Hall.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I'd say Razor Ramon was a midcarder and Scott Hall was not. Dude was in one of the most important main events of all time.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

EVERYone knows the greatest midcarder of all time is The Great Khali.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
That man was a world champion you son of a bitch.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

That man was a world champion you son of a bitch.

Great Khali is better than Rick Rude and Curt Hennig confirmed.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Rick had the perfect wrestling physique imo