Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Porfiriato posted:

Wait, Miracle Whip used to be a sickly margarine yellow???

Also :laffo: at the implication that it takes 20 of the "spiciest spices" to make the ultimate white-bread condiment

My school district in high school used to have off-brand miracle whip labelled "salad dressing" as the one dressing option for the sad iceberg lettuce salads that counted as our vegetable. It tasted almost the same but was the yellow colour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

luv to take a big bite of lettuce and dirt

Agricola Frigidus
Feb 7, 2010

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I had to look up halloumi, and it seems it's pretty similar to paneer, which I like, but I'm not so sure about having it with an English breakfast.

It is not.

Paneer is made of pressed milk curds, made of milk split by acid (similar to ricotta, but pressed longer). If you bite into it, it breaks.

Halloumi is made of aged, brined pressed milk curds, made with rennet. If you bite into it, it tears (and it has a distinct sound).

Neither of them I've ever seen in an English breakfast (not even in a hyphenated cuisine).

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Agricola Frigidus posted:

Neither of them I've ever seen in an English breakfast (not even in a hyphenated cuisine).
I have, in a vegetarian cafe.

That looks like tofu to me though (zoomed in, anyway, I also thought it was toast at first)

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Halloumi?
Hallu YOU, buddy!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's a goddamn piece of toast!

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Paladinus posted:

It's a goddamn piece of toast!

for comparison, here is a god blessed piece of toast

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

baw posted:

Now that's actually cheese (on toast).

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Cheesus

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

baw posted:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I propose a derail for today discussing what constitutes a cheese

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I propose a derail for today discussing what constitutes a cheese

Milk, mostly.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Aardvark! posted:

it's definitely the veggie breakfast. the lady uploaded 3 photos of it labeled "veggie brekky"

I'm not willing to let this go yet, how the gently caress have half of you read this menu and then decided that it somehow confirms that the miscellaneous thing (that is toast) is halloumi or tofu when neither of those items appears on the menu in a form that could even slightly resemble toast?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Stop trying to make another small pastries happen

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

That looks like grilled halloumi, hth

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Kenshiro: "You're already bread"

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Halloumi toast doesn't roll off the tongue like small pastry, I think we're going to need to workshop this a bit more.

Good news though, told my wife we need to fry some halloumi soon.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Johnny Truant posted:

That looks like grilled halloumi, hth

No it doesn't. It looks pale and wet from smears of butter on it and is porous, like toasted bread.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Butterfly Valley posted:

No it doesn't. It looks pale and wet from smears of butter on it and is porous, like toasted bread.

Nah

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Porous? That poo poo's as smooth as a shark

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I have actually come around to the "ordered one extra slice of toast" point of view just because of the texture of the right side of the toast in this photo

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Aardvark! posted:

I have actually come around to the "ordered one extra slice of toast" point of view just because of the texture of the right side of the toast in this photo

I think that photo also has three toast triangles.

Try to extrapolate what is happening with the corner poking out on the left of the egg

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Long toast

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

The menu for that place doesn't have grilled halloumi as an option. Did the person bring their own slab of weird looking halloumi to add to their breakfast?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Did they ask the chef to go apeship on the toast until it's hosed up beyond all recognition?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Butterfly Valley posted:

The menu for that place doesn't have grilled halloumi as an option. Did the person bring their own slab of weird looking halloumi to add to their breakfast?

You got nah'd, man. It's definitely undercooked white toast with unmelted patches of butter, but you are about to set yourself up for a smooth shark situation.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

smooth shark is a good name for this tiny pastry situation

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Butterfly Valley posted:

Homie am I really the person that's gotta introduce you to secret menu options

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Occam's razor on a british breakfast containing halloumi or bad toast seems really obvious.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

From an English themed restaurant in South Korea

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I am really trying to decide if that is mashed potato and gravy with the prawns lodged in like fossils, or whether it is ice cream and toffee sauce.

And I don't know which I object to more. At least the froot loops would presumably be compatible with the dessert?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

OwlFancier posted:

I am really trying to decide if that is mashed potato and gravy with the prawns lodged in like fossils, or whether it is ice cream and toffee sauce.

And I don't know which I object to more. At least the froot loops would presumably be compatible with the dessert?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Is that cheese curds at the bottom?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Is that cheese curds at the bottom?

I think that's more like a morass of sadness with a sprinkling of marshmallows

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It looks like it was birthed out of some creature's orifice.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Aardvark! posted:

Don't leave your hat on the table while you eat, were you raised in a barn? :rant:

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

steinrokkan posted:

It looks like it was birthed out of some creature's orifice.

Turn on your monitor :D

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Elviscat posted:

Don't leave your hat on the table while you eat, were you raised in a barn? :rant:

no, but I've been reared in a barn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

That's not even worthy of being served IN a barn