Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Piell posted:

None, Rowling is a TERF, she would never allow a trans parent in her books
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Piell posted:

:drat:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Piell posted:

jesus christ

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Piell posted:

Avada kedavra *fans self*

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Piell posted:

Lmao.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Piell posted:

500 points to roflpuff

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I had a stdh a couple of weeks ago, I was coming out of a petrol station door and a van came hooning in through the exit lane, missing me by about a foot, moving about 30 kph. If i'd been distracted I could have easily been hit. The driver had a phone in one hand and didn't seem to notice me.

I walk up to their window and say (CALMLY), you were going the wrong way and nearly hit me, I could have been killed.

She instantly transitions to maximum rage and starts swearing at me NO I loving DIDN'T YOU NEED TO WATCH WHERE YOU'RE FUCKIN GOING

I turn around and walk back to my car, she's still yelling and swearing out her window at me, get in and drive away. No-one notices or remarks on this, applauds or offers me a coupon for a free pie, but I am glad to have said what was on my mind.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
You didn't even marry the clerk who banned the driver for life?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Was she Albert Einstein?!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Captain Monkey posted:

I live in Texas and have never seen a gas station where someone pumps it for you.

I'm from Texas but got to be shocked by employee-service gas stations three times.

Ratings:
1. Oregon- the gas person trips over themselves to explain "I see you have out-of-state plates, you may not know but we pump the gas for you here? Full tank? Feel free to go in to use the restroom or purchase a snack or drink while I take care of this etc etc"
2. Québec- they stare blankly at you as they pump a full tank
3. Jersey- they are annoyed and clearly loathe both you and their job, especially if you don't have Jersey plates

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I'm from Texas but got to be shocked by employee-service gas stations three times.

Ratings:
1. Oregon- the gas person trips over themselves to explain "I see you have out-of-state plates, you may not know but we pump the gas for you here? Full tank? Feel free to go in to use the restroom or purchase a snack or drink while I take care of this etc etc"
2. Québec- they stare blankly at you as they pump a full tank
3. Jersey- they are annoyed and clearly loathe both you and their job, especially if you don't have Jersey plates

4. Pittsburg - an angry guy in bicycle wear climbs on a stepladder to blast your wife's face with piss

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Was she Albert Einstein?!

I mean...maybe?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

They misspelled recant at the end

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
At least it doesn't have a Disney park employee explicitly violating park policy. That makes it a step above most Disney STDH.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
IIRC the peter pan self harm story actually got a park employee fired for misconduct even though it was made up.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Disney World isn't even allowed to have marvel stuff :colbert:

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Not even Mrs. Maisel...

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Disney World isn't even allowed to have marvel stuff :colbert:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardians_of_the_Galaxy:_Cosmic_Rewind

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Did Disney claw back the “east of the Mississippi rights” to Marvel theme park ventures, or did Universal only buy rights for Marvel characters people actually cared about at the time?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Blue Moonlight posted:

Did Disney claw back the “east of the Mississippi rights” to Marvel theme park ventures, or did Universal only buy rights for Marvel characters people actually cared about at the time?

The second one. The current understanding is that Universal has rights to any characters or character families already included in the parks. Hulk, Spider-Man, X-men, Avengers,etc. Besides rides "use" also includes art and there is a giant art thing in the middle of the land with tons of characters drawn on it. Those are all Universal.

But there is nothing with Guardians so Disney can use them.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I kinda loved the Marvel stuff when I went to Universal. It’s all very 90s time capsule and was nostalgic as heck.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Sarah Z did a video on those Tumblr stories. Turns out the vast majority can be traced back to a single Reddit troll making fake posts for anti-SJW posters to mock.

https://youtu.be/BiU7aGZ-o68

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

4. Pittsburg - an angry guy in bicycle wear climbs on a stepladder to blast your wife's face with piss

Lmao

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
OP claims in the comments to be a NYT bestselling fiction author

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
"Even though I don't brag"

somehow I find this very, very hard to believe.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Walton Simons posted:

OP claims in the comments to be a NYT bestselling fiction author

I kinda feel like anyone who isn't a Sue Grafton or Lee Childs type who has a bazillion books and new ones always show up on the NYT best seller list automatically get a profile.

I also think if you've only had 1 book on that list you aren't making that kinda money unless it was made into a movie, not just optioned but actually produced.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

It's pretty much the ultimate "childfree" community dream they all pretend to be living on reddit...being rich and getting to rub their expensive vacations and constant traveling in the filthy breeders' faces.

almost everyone I know in real life who considers themselves part of that community never seems to do poo poo. They just rant on reddit and leave passive-aggressive comments on any friend's facebook post dealing with a child and/or mothers/fathers day.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I like how it goes from "I'm frugal, so I can afford to treat myself every now and then with something luxurious." to "Twice a year. Also I spending even more next time. No brag."

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

There is literally nothing wrong with saving up a big wad of cash and then blowing that wad on an expensive indolent luxurious holiday. I myself have a big wad of cash saved up for my birthday next year, and I plan to throw it all away on a bunch of frivolous luxuries as hopefully I will be allowed to travel overseas.

But blaming the fact that you can do this because you don't have kids. Then shaming people who do have kids because they can't do such a thing twice a year. Then claiming that you aren't bragging as you explain how you will spend more next time, as you take multiple months off from your "high paying" job that you have at 26.

Then you are both a liar and an arsehole.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Do people without kids really get heavily judged? About half the people my age that I know don't have kids and don't plan to, it hardly seems like a big deal.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

bike tory posted:

Do people without kids really get heavily judged? About half the people my age that I know don't have kids and don't plan to, it hardly seems like a big deal.

There are people without kids, then there are people who make not having kids their primary identity.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I prefer the term “crotch droppings”

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

cum trophies

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

You can get those?!?

I've been saving all of mine in a jar, who do I see to exchange it for a trophy?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

BrigadierSensible posted:

You can get those?!?

I've been saving all of mine in a jar, who do I see to exchange it for a trophy?

it will solidify into one over time, just be patient

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

yeah I eat rear end posted:

it will solidify into one over time, just be patient

Get a mold if you have a specific shape in mind.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Skwirl posted:

Get a mold if you have a specific shape in mind.

It got plenty of mold without my help

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

bike tory posted:

It's not a universal thing and most of the pressure is likely from lovely parents doing the "when are you gonna give us grandchildren" routine or incredibly awful health care professionals stonewalling stuff like getting tubes tied because you might change your mind in another 10 years!!! Not to say there isn't also room for rabid childfree types to just be narcissists who are mad because all their friends have kids now and therefore don't have time to pay attention to THEM anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

bike tory posted:

Depends where you live and what culture you're in, but a lot of it is familial pressure. I have a few friends who are/were in childfree groups and they're mostly 1st generation Canadians or Americans with immigrant parents and grandparents who constantly rag on them for not having kids yet (and also for not be married yet, if they aren't) in their late 20s or early 30s. The groups are more a way to vent for them than anything.

My mother was born in the States, but my grandparents immigrated here from Eastern Europe, and she brings up the fact I've not had kids nearly every time we speak. Usually the first thing she asks me is if I've found someone to have kids with yet (she has long said she doesn't care if I get married, this is unimportant). I've told her repeatedly I do not plan to ever have kids and she simply shrugs it off and tells me about my cousins who have kids and how jealous she is of my aunt who is a grandmother and how I'll change my mind.

Also in parts of Asia and more than likely few other places with birth rate issues and rapidly aging populations there's huge societal pressure for women especially to quit or otherwise compromise their careers and have kids, and more and more governments in these regions trying to push people (read: women) more towards having more kids and earlier.

Basically there are a lot of reasons someone may just be fed up with being told they need to have kids at all if they don't, and have kids right now if they want to wait. Childfree almost definitely comes as rebelling against these societal structures but has gone a bit far into kinda weird "hate of children" territory.