Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
THE BEST MAN VS DARBY 71 56.35%
BUCKS VS SCU 40 31.75%
NAGATA VS MOX 14 11.11%
OC VS PAC 1 0.79%
Total: 126 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

smarxist posted:

i still bust that out to myself randomly throughout the day

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Frankie Kazarian's father died :(

https://twitter.com/FrankieKazarian/status/1394496200045260805

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

push frank

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Ryan Nemeth’s new theme from Dark E was pretty great. I’m becoming a fan of his.

Also agree that Ogogo is the face in the Cody feud. America should have free healthcare is a strong positive.

E: A new Thunder Rosa outfit? How many does she have? Definitely the strongest kit game in wrestling.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Cavauro posted:

push frank

Frankie is one of my favourites in all AEW roster. The guy was drat good in TNA back in the days and he is been doing great in AEW. His performance during last dynamite's SCU vs Bucks was loving amazing.

BDawg posted:

Ryan Nemeth’s new theme from Dark E was pretty great. I’m becoming a fan of his.

Also agree that Ogogo is the face in the Cody feud. America should have free healthcare is a strong positive.

E: A new Thunder Rosa outfit? How many does she have? Definitely the strongest kit game in wrestling.

Penta's kit and mask collection may have a word for that tittle.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Did ryo go back to japan? Havent seen her since that match with abadon

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Duke Pukem posted:

She's booked for a 25th anniversary show for Sonoko Kato soon I think, so she may have, but she hasn't been booked for anything else so it might just be something special she's doing and then she'll be back.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Duke Pukem posted:

Well, she’s dead / infected now.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Guillermus posted:

Frankie is one of my favourites in all AEW roster. The guy was drat good in TNA back in the days and he is been doing great in AEW. His performance during last dynamite's SCU vs Bucks was loving amazing.

Penta's kit and mask collection may have a word for that tittle.

Penta should do the Mexican flag colors w/mask/chest/legs

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So where's this thing with Jake and Archer going? They seemed to not be on the same page on Elevation

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

YES YES YES YES YES

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So where's this thing with Jake and Archer going? They seemed to not be on the same page on Elevation

Jake don't like Sting, but Archer seems open to taking Sting's advice. Jake maybe feeling that he may have to get himself a few more beefy boys to keep Archer in line. (Hence his line about keeping an eye on Bear Bronson)

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Don't know, but it will be interesting. Especially if there's miscommunication in Archer's TNT title match whenever that happens.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

He's definitely the face in this feud :colbert:

Exactly what I would expect from someone who lives in an Evil Empire.

Cody is the face.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
I want Jake the Snake to lead a faction of animal themed wrestlers

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gumball Gumption posted:

Exactly what I would expect from someone who lives in an Evil Empire.

Cody is the face.

Sorry I can't hear you over the sound of getting my blood test for free

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it's a heel v heel match

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Ibexaz posted:

Bear Country, Luchasaurus, the Bunny, Sea Stars, Fenix, Scorpio, and Serpentico. Too powerful, please nerf.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Ibexaz posted:

LUTHER THE LEOPARD

WARDLOW THE WOLVERINE

CEZAR BONONI THE BONOBO

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
Stable name OUTER HEAVEN

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Lamuella posted:

Don't know, but it will be interesting. Especially if there's miscommunication in Archer's TNT title match whenever that happens.

I wonder if they'll do Archer vs Miro at DON though I hate for Archer to lose again and it may be too soon to do a proper build to it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ibexaz posted:

Okay, but if they call them the Zoo Crew, I'm blaming you

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

cams posted:

WARDLOW THE WOLVERINE

Brian Cage is angry but he’s not sure why

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i dunno how anyone poaches Archer from Jake seeing as Jake just watches as he destroys dudes and doesn't do heel things

what's Sting gonna do? be like "you gotta use my bat lance!!!"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

“You gotta win some matches Lance!”

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Jake can ditch him after he doesn’t beat Miro for the title and then Archer can go on a redemption run to prove he’s still a killer.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I’ve just been informed Lance has beaten Prestus Dolgan on Dark 400 times since April

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I’ve just been informed Lance has beaten Prestus Dolgan on Dark 400 times since April

Thought he was signed to NXT UK

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Ren Narita!!!!!!!!!!!! yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

now give us Clark Connors too, he needs an excursion

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I can't believe they're doing Prestus dirty like that. What the gently caress.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

It would be a sense-making story for Archer to lose to Miro because of some miscommunication with Jake, leading to Archer ditching Jake, saying he's been losing matches and being held back with him, so he's flying solo and not holding back. This would give Archer a renewed character and sense of purpose and then he can get a big push, and Jake can manage/build up someone else.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

fawning deference posted:

It would be a sense-making story for Archer to lose to Miro because of some miscommunication with Jake, leading to Archer ditching Jake, saying he's been losing matches and being held back with him, so he's flying solo and not holding back. This would give Archer a renewed character and sense of purpose and then he can get a big push, and Jake can manage/build up someone else.

hear me out: Jake takes Fuego Del Sol under his wing

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

NARITA
NARITA
NARITA
NARITA
NARITA
NARITA
NARITA
NARITA
NARITA
NARITA
NARITA

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I think the 3 things people are missing in the Cody Rhodes stuff are:
1) Cody doesn't beleive in strict heel/face alignments (hence he won't come out of a tunnell)
2) The whole point of the story isn't Cody or QT it's getting The Factory and Lee Marshal over
3) Cody is a great promo and very sincere guy, but he's also kinda dumb and deeply steeped in Americana (I'm forever on team Cody)

The Rah-rah America promo was dumb, but it sure gave Agogo a lot to work with. He could also have pivoted into attacking his child or his Dad.

Also, heels speak truth in AEW all the time and are still heels because of how they react to that.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i definitely appreciate Cody's resistance to the face/heel dynamic because it colors his stories interestingly a lot of the time, like this time

the top guys, especially in the old days, worked heel or face depending on how the crowds in each area felt towards them and where they could make heat and sell tickets by using whatever storytelling plots related to locale they could ("Dick Mugurk says Arkansas is a BUNCH OF HILLBILLIES")

i dig it

like Cena working heel in the ECW arena against RVD

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I thought it was a dumb promo but it gave Ogogo a layup for a response, which was nice.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Kenny vs. Andrade at Triplemania on August 14th.

https://twitter.com/mas_lucha/status/1394693319805083649

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Pylons posted:

Kenny vs. Andrade at Triplemania on August 14th.

https://twitter.com/mas_lucha/status/1394693319805083649

seems like a lock for The Cleaner, since he's not dropping at DoN and i imagine AEW has gotta be the first loss

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

and so the belt collector's house crumbles august 14th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Welp, I guess we know when Kenny's belt collector story is ending then.