Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

posting this is violence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

I saw this because Branson Reese liked it, I assumed it was a photoshop. Is this real?

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

koshmar posted:

I saw this because Branson Reese liked it, I assumed it was a photoshop. Is this real?

Yeah, those comics are beyond dire. I think the main reason they exist is as a D&D ad, because WotC published a whole Rick and Morty tie in supplement just based on this. I don't think the actual show has mentioned the game at all.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
HatmonQuest starred Dan Harmon, from Rick and Morty so it's not hard to buy that some tabletop nerd is simping for some Pickle Rick clout but they used Pathfinder.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It used to be no matter where I was I could get a ruby red grapefruit juice bottle, but in the last 5 years those things loving disappeared. I love grapefruit juice so that sucks

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

is Morty cringing at typical McElroy fans because that's pretty good

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
The bird yahoo was amazing.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Salute Griffin for attempting a Quora, but love how much rightful disdain that got. Tried to sell it, but it was like hearing Travis defend play along at home. The baskets! They've turned.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

more falafel please posted:

How is it less suited than "hey good girls do you wanna just say yeah I wanna" with the most awkward rhythm transition of all time

A random False Equivalence has appeared.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
John Roberts Roderick played the theme song at a live MBMBAM (at least) once and it was astonishing terrible, just absolute garbage

Piell fucked around with this message at 16:40 on May 19, 2021

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Piell posted:

John Roberts played the theme song at a live MBMBAM (at least) once and it was astonishing terrible, just absolute garbage

I remember this and I remember thinking "this guy is a professional musician?"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
We must find it within ourselves, as a thread and as a society, to completely forget the Bean Dad and the shadow he cast on everything he beaned.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Piell posted:

John Roberts played the theme song at a live MBMBAM (at least) once and it was astonishing terrible, just absolute garbage

honestly he's a terrible justice as well, don't know why the boys associate with him

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!

Colonel Whitey posted:

I remember this and I remember thinking "this guy is a professional musician?"

That was very clearly an "I'm collecting a paycheck anyway so who cares" performance.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

pseudosavior posted:

That was very clearly an "I'm collecting a paycheck anyway so who cares" performance.
sounds like he needs the money if he only has beans in his cabinets

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Good musicians don't poo poo themselves on stage out of apathy until they get to "gently caress you" levels of fame and success, which Bean Man is most definitely not. So either he didn't care that he made a fool of himself or he is actually just really bad at music, both options look pretty bad.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
https://twitter.com/TheZoneCast/status/1395003544005132292

Weird that the plans changed from the previously-claimed weekly releases for the Prologue.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

DoctorWhat posted:

https://twitter.com/TheZoneCast/status/1395003544005132292

Weird that the plans changed from the previously-claimed weekly releases for the Prologue.

This sucks a lot. When it was weekly updates it felt like momentum building up the eventually every-other-week format, but 5 weeks just to finish the prologue? This has some TAZ Balance stolen century energy

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Might be longer if the prologue is more than 3 episodes.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Someone earlier said Griffin claimed the prologue would be 5 episodes in that stream he did recently

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
bean dad’s watching movies on his phone while eating spaghetti in the bathtub in heaven now

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

For those not in the loop, Montaigne (of new theme fame) wasn't able to go to Eurovision in-person in Rotterdam to perform due to travel restrictions, and the live-to-tape performance she made in Sydney wasn't enough to make it out of the first semi-final. I think if she was able to perform in person and get that energy in there, she would've made it through.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Sounds like Eurovision sucks, imo

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I haven't been listening every week, so sorry if this is tread ground, but was that a bit in this week's show or are they just being very cavalier about Munch Squad being a paid segment now?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

It's a bit; Munch Squad is not sponsored by illicit under-the-table fast food sponsorship deals.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

SpacePig posted:

I haven't been listening every week, so sorry if this is tread ground, but was that a bit in this week's show or are they just being very cavalier about Munch Squad being a paid segment now?

Why would companies pay now????

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Shinjobi posted:

Why would companies pay now????

The sun is setting on munch squad! They need to get in before Justin ends it!

I figured it was a bit, but Griffin's "we've made promises" made me second guess myself.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

SpacePig posted:

I figured it was a bit, but Griffin's "we've made promises" made me second guess myself.

yeah the bit is they specifically made promises that they would no longer do the bit where they say they are sunsetting munch squad

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

SpacePig posted:

The sun is setting on munch squad! They need to get in before Justin ends it!

A couple months ago Justin finally said he was going to stop saying the segment was ending. Then he tried to backtrack this week and Griffin called him on it.

That’s all.

For the millionth time, if they were getting paid by Pepsi to poo poo on Famous Daves they would need to disclose it was advertising. It’s illegal in the US not to disclose advertising like that.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Justin did at least admit that it's just something he finds personally entertaining and isn't going to stop, which I can respect even if I'm sick of it

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I can’t believe Pepsi is paying Justin to poo poo on Famous Dave’s. That seems much more like a coke thing to do.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

The real mystery is why would Pepsi partner an entirely unaffiliated restaurant when they have a selection of the chain of YUM! Brands™ Restaurants to source from, and why our local QSR connoisseur did not pick up on this.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Kazy posted:

The real mystery is why would Pepsi partner an entirely unaffiliated restaurant when they have a selection of the chain of YUM! Brands™ Restaurants to source from, and why our local QSR connoisseur did not pick up on this.

They don’t want to sully the reputation of Arby’s.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Ok Comboomer posted:

bean dad’s watching movies on his phone while eating spaghetti in the bathtub in heaven now

Meatball subs, but yes. I hope I’m doing half as well when I am 52.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

"Do they have Coke products" honestly when Travis hits he hits hard

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
really enjoyed Travis taking his turn being the Segment Scold this week, unfamiliar territory for him but he was good at it!

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

more falafel please posted:

"Do they have Coke products" honestly when Travis hits he hits hard

The absolute dead silence after his question was amazing

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Hey. Hey guys. Your know fancy aged meats?

That's just old beef.

typhy
Oct 23, 2019

the whole charlieverse you have to shoot the babies scenario had me in actual tears laughing more than anything else has in a long, long time

that one bit alone was more than worth it, what a loving psychopath

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Zero One posted:

Hey. Hey guys. Your know fancy aged meats?

That's just old beef.

See this dove? What are you gonna do with it?