Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

fadam posted:

Is there a tool to load my ME1 save and see what flags I have set?

This one says it supports plot flags in ME1 now. I haven't used it myself.

https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffectlegendaryedition/mods/20

chaosapiant posted:

Yea, this seems to be the case. Hopefully it’s enough to just slide the reticule around the asteroid rings and get them all, because otherwise the collection missions become almost impossible to finish.

It is. I completed all the collections just surveying, sliding around the asteroid belts, and landing as usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Already have 2 and 3 on PC and they look fine, is there a way to buy just the remastered version of 1?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

GiVe mE yOUr FaaAaAAaCe!! :unsmigghh:

(But no seriously, looks great, what's the code?)

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
For anyone who was on the fence about the PC port due to mouse/etc issues, I picked it up yesterday and I'm happy with it. Didn't even notice any issues with the mouse, not sure if that was addressed in the patch or not but it seems absolutely fine to me. The FOV is a bit tight but I suspect that will get addressed and performance was fantastic overall. I got it for $50 and no regrets, tons of value there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Already have 2 and 3 on PC and they look fine, is there a way to buy just the remastered version of 1?

No with an asterisk. Which itself has an asterisk.

If you buy it on the latest models of Xbox you can download only ME1, but it's the same price.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Yeah, but it costs $60. You get 2 and 3 for free though. :)

Jows
May 8, 2002

Is the really low-res shuttle interior background texture in the opening of ME2 after you leave the station with Jacob still god awful?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Eletania Remastered is a gorgeous planet. That is all.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Is anyone else having a bug on mouse and keyboard in ME1 where Shepard activates their medi-gel seemingly randomly? I've checked that my bindings aren't conflicting with each other etc. Seems to be related to bringing up the combat HUD but can't reliably trigger it.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Jows posted:

Is the really low-res shuttle interior background texture in the opening of ME2 after you leave the station with Jacob still god awful?

What I have a suspicion is going with me2 from playing it and kind of reading between the lines is that they have way less of the source for most of the generated cinematics and some of the character models and they had to do their "ai upscaling" on them and it didn't really go well and they couldn't actually do it in a way that worked across different resolutions and different settings. ME2 gameplay mostly looks fine but even different character models look way different - Zaeed looks great but Jacob's teeth, which he shows a lot when he talks, look awful and the texture doesn't give any sense of depth. Then cutscenes that aren't in engine are often bizarrely bad, like the collector ship lifting off from horizon is clearly 720p badly upscaled and with very strange color artifacts at least with hdr running. I think they had way more of the source and probably put way more time in to me1; in me2, the engine upgrades and model work for less-used models, newer models, or models they cared about more (e.g. shep) look great but everything else is not so good.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
Horizon down on Insanity.

I may have made things a bit too easy by giving myself all the weapons as a Sentinel lol, that was anxiety-inducing but not PTSD-inducing like the last time I did it.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The Vile Stuff posted:

Is anyone else having a bug on mouse and keyboard in ME1 where Shepard activates their medi-gel seemingly randomly? I've checked that my bindings aren't conflicting with each other etc. Seems to be related to bringing up the combat HUD but can't reliably trigger it.

Yep, played through the whole game without figuring out what caused it lol.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Been taking a lot of screenshots because this remaster is gorgeous, wanted to show off a couple here before I wound up with Too Many drat Screenshots.

chaosapiant posted:

Eletania Remastered is a gorgeous planet. That is all.
:hmmyes:

Spoilered for ORB

Spoilered for story context:

Hopefully that wasn't too much pic spam for the thread, super stoked to finish up ME1 today and move on to Jacob Effect 2, gotta hit 'em with the good stuff. :toot:

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

The Vile Stuff posted:

I think I saw talk somewhere that it might be related to activating weapon talents for Shepard.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

Doctor Nutt posted:

Been taking a lot of screenshots because this remaster is gorgeous, wanted to show off a couple here before I wound up with Too Many drat Screenshots.
~snip~

My steam says I only have 197 screenshots for ME1. I am very proud of my restraint.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I like how the uncharted worlds in ME1 have bits of grass and debris added to the terrain. It’s not much, but it goes a long way to making each planet feel a bit more unique.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

ME1 done, stoked to get to the good gameplay

If I ever replay the trilogy AGAIN, I’m definitely only doing the bare minimum in ME1. Like a good half of its runtime when going for a completionist run is comprised of Mako bullshit

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

chaosapiant posted:

I like how the uncharted worlds in ME1 have bits of grass and debris added to the terrain. It’s not much, but it goes a long way to making each planet feel a bit more unique.

Now they just need to add some more vegetation, perhaps some trees, and water features on the garden uncharted worlds in time for the re-remaster.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I want more weird wildlife. Give us some weird rear end whale jumping out of the water on Virmire.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

bobjr posted:

I want more weird wildlife. Give us some weird rear end whale jumping out of the water on Virmire.

No all you get is monkeys and uhhhh weird horses

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
There was more native life but the thresher maws ate it all up

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

You will loving learn to appreciate the god drat cup crab thingies on Virmire

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Sloober posted:

No all you get is monkeys and uhhhh weird horses

You forgot about gas bags. Don't worry, they're harmless.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Wolfsheim posted:

You forgot about gas bags. Don't worry, they're harmless.

Better shoot every single one just to make sure, though

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Those gas bags were definitely indoctrinated, trust me.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Brb writing a polygon article about how "woke" Shepard won't even gently caress a hanar

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

You could pay for a month of EA play pro and play it there if you just want to see the remastered one.

Or if you want to do a complete trilogy run, I bet you could find/create an appropriate saved game state online without much issue, if you can't import the legendary edition ME 1 save to the original versions 2 and 3.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
I finished Overlord in ME2 last night and am still trying to figure out at which point Gavin Archer is portrayed in any way as sympathetic like that woke article somebody posted said, or how it disparages people with autism? David is undoubtedly portrayed as an innocent victim who was taken advantage of. I'm playing as mostly Paragon and even I pistol whipped Archer for what he did to his brother, he's unquestionably a monster.

Also HOLY poo poo BioWare really upped the body horror on what Archer did to David, when you finally shut down the system he looks like he's cosplaying for a Hellraiser fan convention, all bloody implants and visceral torture. Good job, BW, you really drove home what a piece of poo poo Archer is.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Doctor Nutt posted:

Brb writing a polygon article about how "woke" Shepard won't even gently caress a hanar

This one wants you to look me in the eyes while you rail me.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

a cyborg mug posted:

You will loving learn to appreciate the god drat cup crab thingies on Virmire

turns out those killed a guy so yeah def show respect to the weird crabs

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Polygon and virtually every other gaming news website on the internet rely upon user engagement to drive clicks and thus ad revenue. If you read some dumb poo poo on the internet and showed it to your friends, even if it was to make fun of it, you've already done their work for them as far as they're concerned.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The news broadcasts that play in Omega in 2 are way too quiet and I can't get them louder by messing with the setting. Those also aren't captioned. I feel like they were louder in the original version of 2 but could be wrong. Several of the broadcasts just sound like mumbling.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Yeehaw :clint:

The new character creator is great, Shep actually looks believably human now.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

a cyborg mug posted:

ME1 done, stoked to get to the good gameplay

If I ever replay the trilogy AGAIN, I’m definitely only doing the bare minimum in ME1. Like a good half of its runtime when going for a completionist run is comprised of Mako bullshit

Yeah I wrapped up ME1 in about 16 hours doing just an hour or so Mako stuff. I wanted to hustle along.

Squiggle fucked around with this message at 19:22 on May 18, 2021

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Thats gorgeous.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I wish I had pics to prove it, but I never had issues making good looking Sheps in the original ME1. My very first Shepard, back from 2008, was sort of a red headed stubbly Bruce Willis looking dude. He was great!

Also, Feros looks incredible in this new version. I’m super impressed with how good everything looks in Legendary.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
So was the first part of Noveria supposed to be a stealth mission and then they just didn't bother to implement stealth mechanics so instead you just shoot everyone ?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Everyone, please go in the settings, turn music and effects to 60-75 and dialog to 100.

Trust me, it'll save you a lot of headache trying to pick out important info and/or turning on subtitles.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Always turn on subtitles in every video game. They should be on by default.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cell
Nov 25, 2003

The more Johnny the better.

Willatron posted:

I'm playing as mostly Paragon and even I pistol whipped Archer for what he did to his brother, he's unquestionably a monster

IIRC that's actually a paragon interrupt anyway, which is correct