Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Speaking of magic, I know it'll never happen, but I dream of a better, more lore-like magic system in TES. I'd love to see high-level Alteration be able to change the weather, like summoning storms from which you could call down lightning and gusts of wind on your enemies. High level illusion giving more tools for manipulating enemies, twisting their perception of reality to their disadvantage. Unique micro-factions with special types of spells that can be joined, i.e. witches, necromancers, etc. Enemies using this stuff would be cool, too. A high level mage being more than just "level 1 mage, but more damage". I feel like there's so much room left unexplored for magic to feel really special while still remaining fun to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

FlocksOfMice posted:

I fully believe that Tamriel Rebuilt will, in fact, build all of Tamriel at some eventual point.

It isn't like Bethesda is releasing better games than Morrowind to build off of, honestly, especially with modders now managing to basically gut morrowind open and make it so wildly modifiable??

i never got the point of Morrowind in Skyrim. All the fun of Morrowind is being a weirdass wizard, flying around and casting bizarre spells. Why give that up for Skyrim's "i have fire superpowers i guess, that makes me a wizard"

My concern with representing all of Tamriel in Morrowind is the location coordinate precision issue. MBT described it simply a while ago:

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

there's two issues for other province mods (that aren't TR)
-map
-origin jitter

the map doesn't go very far, even with the MCP patch you can't see skyrim/cyrodiil worldmap due to how fuckin far out they are.
-openmw fixes this

origin jitter is due to everyones favorite friend floating point math rearing its ugly head. if you go skyrim or cyrodiil in the vanilla engine you might notice npcs shaking a bit. they are so far from the origin that calculating their coordinates starts to round incorrectly. instead of coordinates being like (1500,45000,300) like youd see in tr or morrowind its like (-100000000,30000000, 300) lol. theres only so many digits to go around!!
-openmw makes this less noticeable but it's still there to a degree. I only play/mod TR so its all fine to me

I guess in 20 years the solution will be to use OpenMW 3 with its 128-bit values for coordinates.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

K8.0 posted:

Speaking of magic, I know it'll never happen, but I dream of a better, more lore-like magic system in TES. I'd love to see high-level Alteration be able to change the weather, like summoning storms from which you could call down lightning and gusts of wind on your enemies. High level illusion giving more tools for manipulating enemies, twisting their perception of reality to their disadvantage. Unique micro-factions with special types of spells that can be joined, i.e. witches, necromancers, etc. Enemies using this stuff would be cool, too. A high level mage being more than just "level 1 mage, but more damage". I feel like there's so much room left unexplored for magic to feel really special while still remaining fun to use.

Thats my dream game right there. Travel around to all the weird sects and learn the same school of magic and all their tricks. I'd like to combo something like telekinesis and detect key and have a mini stealth game wrangling it off the guards keychain and under the door unnoticed. Go hang out and learn hist mysticism and then go see what weird poo poo the tribunal temple learned from vivec. Unfortunately I think it's going to be the kind of thing that will only work for tabletop.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

K8.0 posted:

you should have to do an actual ritual to summon daedra but you get to keep them permanently and if you screw up they'll get loose

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

On screen text was a mistake. We need to go back to all the story being kept in a hint book with false storylines seeded throughout

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.

GorfZaplen posted:

On screen text was a mistake. We need to go back to all the story being kept in a hint book with false storylines seeded throughout

The problem with doing this with Morrowind is that the false storylines are indistinguisable from the true ones.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

SniperWoreConverse posted:

you should have to do an actual ritual to summon daedra but you get to keep them permanently and if you screw up they'll get loose

There was a cool mod about doing rituals to summon daedric princes - daedric sorcery I think. Not exactly what you're referring to here but just remembered it being rad

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Man, Tribunal is the worst, the town broken up into cells that feel absolutely isolated, goofy scripted events, absurdly overpowered beings. Like, the high luck bosmer isn't fun.

I just did the lich releasing a plague quest for the first time, and while I do appreciate that it's all kicked off by you just adventuring around and unlocking some ancient tomb, it's weird you don't see signs of anything happen unless you deliver some potions for the temple's healer.
I did enjoy that I got a robe that will kill me twice over though.

Bloodmoon has its issues as well, but at least Solstheim is a place.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
The high luck Bosmer isn't bad, there are multiple options for dealing with him. There's an enemy somewhere in Tribunal that gains 100hp for every player level. Let me tell you, that one is the real slog. Aside from that though, I don't quite agree. While Tribunal isn't necessarily up to base game standards in every way, I actually really like some parts of it. I think the layout of the city is fun once you're used to it, and some of the quests do things that the base game didn't. It's too small but it does feel like a unique place. I don't particularly like Bloodmoon because to me it feels like the bad parts of Oblivion - health sponge enemies that scale in ways that make leveling pointless, significant chunks of the map that lack that natural feel of Vvardenfell's wastes, some overly-simple quests - but it does also have its bright spots.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Just use the goon made rebalance for both.

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45713

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45714

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

wyoming posted:

Like, the high luck bosmer isn't fun.

Originally read that as "high-luck boomer."

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

K8.0 posted:

The high luck Bosmer isn't bad, there are multiple options for dealing with him. There's an enemy somewhere in Tribunal that gains 100hp for every player level. Let me tell you, that one is the real slog. Aside from that though, I don't quite agree. While Tribunal isn't necessarily up to base game standards in every way, I actually really like some parts of it. I think the layout of the city is fun once you're used to it, and some of the quests do things that the base game didn't. It's too small but it does feel like a unique place. I don't particularly like Bloodmoon because to me it feels like the bad parts of Oblivion - health sponge enemies that scale in ways that make leveling pointless, significant chunks of the map that lack that natural feel of Vvardenfell's wastes, some overly-simple quests - but it does also have its bright spots.

I remember Tribunal having a lot of atmospheric dungeons. Most of the monsters were heavily overtuned, but I liked it as someone who just enjoyed wandering dwemer ruins and the like.

I also remember playing through with one of the early scripted combat mods that let you cut peoples arms and legs off, so I left most of the dungeons littered in appendages. This may have effected my appreciation of it.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Are there mods listed in the OP that have been replaced by a notably superior version?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Farecoal posted:

Are there mods listed in the OP that have been replaced by a notably superior version?

Yes, but we can't tell you which ones. Honestly I dont know but probably.

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

"There is no solitude greater than that of the samurai unless it be that of a tiger in the jungle... perhaps..."
I honestly really enjoyed Bloodmoon (with the rebalance mod) as a change of scenery. It felt like a silly weekend adventure after completing the base game's main quest. It would have been nice if there were more interactions with the mainland, though (e.g., East Empire Company shenanigans).

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Farecoal posted:

Just from a quick skim a few that come to mind is speed and stamina tweaked instead of the old regular speed and stamina and Morts leveling mod is the go-to now especially since you can easily tweak it to your liking.

edit: it's hard for me to say that it's "notably" better because it's kind of a subtle effect anyway but purist friendly magicka regen is a newer alternative to the old fair magicka regen. I didn't have any complaints when I used it anyway.

Gobblecoque fucked around with this message at 04:06 on May 16, 2021

leekster
Jun 20, 2013
Started playing through the game in coop with my buddies. It's been a blast. Highlight so far has been getting locked out of Aldruhn because one of my buddies swore an oath to zenithar to transport some shirts but then sold them for a quick buck. So then we had to circle his footsteps between Gnisis and Aldruhn multiple times to try and find where he sold them. It's fun because it's half people who have never played before and half veterans of the game.

I think I definitely need to make the game a bit harder. Going to check out MDMD and Mort's rebalances. Any other suggestions? We have 3-7 of us going around at any time.

I'm also looking into some big dungeon mods for us all to go through.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

leekster posted:

Started playing through the game in coop with my buddies. It's been a blast. Highlight so far has been getting locked out of Aldruhn because one of my buddies swore an oath to zenithar to transport some shirts but then sold them for a quick buck. So then we had to circle his footsteps between Gnisis and Aldruhn multiple times to try and find where he sold them. It's fun because it's half people who have never played before and half veterans of the game.

I think I definitely need to make the game a bit harder. Going to check out MDMD and Mort's rebalances. Any other suggestions? We have 3-7 of us going around at any time.

I'm also looking into some big dungeon mods for us all to go through.

Dont install the bloodmoon or tribunal rebalances in that case, you probably want both to be challenges. Sixth house and mdmd will be great though

I would say maybe look up some server scripts for tes3mp, there are some that double spawns and increase health dynamically to balance around deathballs of players

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

Schwarzwald posted:

I remember Tribunal having a lot of atmospheric dungeons. Most of the monsters were heavily overtuned, but I liked it as someone who just enjoyed wandering dwemer ruins and the like.

I also remember playing through with one of the early scripted combat mods that let you cut peoples arms and legs off, so I left most of the dungeons littered in appendages. This may have effected my appreciation of it.

Tribunal dungeons sure are something.

You basically have:
  • Mournhold
  • The Sewers
  • Old Mournhold
  • The Dwemer Ruins
  • A Daedric Shrine
all underneath each other.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

im a sucker for descending unreasonably in video games. Diablo, Dark souls, mournhold, bangers all.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

I followed the morrowind++ guide and added a few content mods on top - it seems to be working beautifully apart from occasionally (mostly when first speaking to an NPC) their greeting is as follows:

I assume this is a bug rather than someone trying to make morrowind NPCs even more terse. Is there a way to find out what's causing this? I'm following the process that the guide recommends (do the merged patches with tes3cmd and tes3merge, regenerate distant land etc) and this seems to be the only issue.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
sounds like a pre-greeting check like what vampire embrace does

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Generic Monk posted:

I followed the morrowind++ guide and added a few content mods on top - it seems to be working beautifully apart from occasionally (mostly when first speaking to an NPC) their greeting is as follows:

I assume this is a bug rather than someone trying to make morrowind NPCs even more terse. Is there a way to find out what's causing this? I'm following the process that the guide recommends (do the merged patches with tes3cmd and tes3merge, regenerate distant land etc) and this seems to be the only issue.

it sounds familiar to some ancient economy overhauls that would use the first greeting to set a bunch of variables. the only way to fix that is to ~post your load order~ then never use that mod again because there are dozens of alternatives

edit: also yeah, vamp embrace, which is also bad

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!

Atrayonis posted:

Tribunal dungeons sure are something.

You basically have:
  • Mournhold
  • The Sewers
  • Old Mournhold
  • The Dwemer Ruins
  • A Daedric Shrine
all underneath each other.

I remember my first time getting to the end of the Dwemer ruins and the shrine and it boggled my mind just how much stuff was under Mournhold.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Mod idea: constantly add increasingly improbable dungeons the further you get below Mournhold, emerge from the Daedric ruins into Solstheim tombs followed by an ordinary bandit cave, etc

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Mournhold:
The Seattle of Tamriel.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

What's the modern version of vampire embrace. I loved that mod as a kid lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Mod idea: constantly add increasingly improbable dungeons the further you get below Mournhold, emerge from the Daedric ruins into Solstheim tombs followed by an ordinary bandit cave, etc

it eventually loops back into an exact copy of Mournhold itself but you can't leave (except for continuing to go down) and all of the dialogue is slightly off.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Bottom level is a cart on the border to Skyrim.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Babe Magnet posted:

it eventually loops back into an exact copy of Mournhold itself but you can't leave (except for continuing to go down) and all of the dialogue is slightly off.

If there isn't a roguelike that's done this, there should be.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

What's the modern version of vampire embrace. I loved that mod as a kid lol

https://github.com/OperatorJack/Vampyr-Vampirism-Expanded
unreleased but should be working

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
The Distant Lands generator in MGE-XE is supposed to increase the draw distance, right? Because this is what I see right now:

I rested for a day and got the same thing. Am I just having bad luck with foggy weather?

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
That's Balmora for you.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Farecoal posted:

The Distant Lands generator in MGE-XE is supposed to increase the draw distance, right? Because this is what I see right now:

I rested for a day and got the same thing. Am I just having bad luck with foggy weather?

try this

https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind_Mod:ChangeWeather

Edit: these are the regions

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Regions

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
Try something like:
code:
ChangeWeather, "Balmora", 0
I'm not sure what belongs inside the quotes. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind_Mod:ChangeWeather says it should be the Region name, but I haven't quickly found a list of all valid region names. But if "Balmora" works, that'll clear up the fog.

e:f,b,. (And thanks for finding the region names!)

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

it sounds familiar to some ancient economy overhauls that would use the first greeting to set a bunch of variables. the only way to fix that is to ~post your load order~ then never use that mod again because there are dozens of alternatives

edit: also yeah, vamp embrace, which is also bad

Load Order:
code:
# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
Morrowind.esm
Tribunal.esm
Bloodmoon.esm
Tamriel_Data.esm
TR_Mainland.esm
Patch for Purists.esm
Ownership Overhaul.esm
OAAB_Data.esm
Rise of House Telvanni.esm
Solstheim Tomb of The Snow Prince.esm
TR_Travels.esp
TR_Mainland_2101_hotfix.ESP
Patch for Purists - Book Typos.ESP
Patch for Purists - Semi-Purist Fixes.ESP
chuzei_helm_no_neck.esp
TOTSP_Patch_for_Purists_4.0.2.esp
Glowing Flames - NoMoreLightlessFlames v1.1.ESP
Better_Typography_Bookarts_Fix.ESP
Early Transport to Mournhold.esp
Expansion Delay.ESP
adamantiumarmor.esp
AreaEffectArrows.esp
bcsounds.esp
EBQ_Artifact.esp
entertainers.esp
LeFemmArmor.esp
master_index.esp
Siege at Firemoth.esp
Adamantium Ore Fix.ESP
Divayth Fyr Puzzle Fixed.ESP
Dubdilla Location Fix.ESP
FMI_#NotAllDunmer.ESP
LDM - Context Matters 1.5.ESP
Services Restored.ESP
Silt Strider Animation Restored.ESP
The Publicans.ESP
Waterfalls Tweaks.esp
Mournhold LOD.ESP
NearVanillaRoadSigns.esp
Well Diversified.ESP
Complete Armor.esp
SoldierBeltsFix.esp
VSBR.ESP
Buoyant Lord Vivec.ESP
Incarnates Overhauled.ESP
Yet Another Guard Diversity - Regular.ESP
Flies.ESP
GITD_WL_RR_Interiors.esp
The Dream is the Door.ESP
TheMidnightOil.ESP
RFD_Heartthrum.ESP
Outdoor Banners With Sound.ESP
Silent Assassins.ESP
Store Entrance Chimes - Alt Ver.ESP
Haunted Barrows.ESP
Tunnel Cough.ESP
SoundSpellSoundEffect.ESP
Great Service.ESP
Idle Talk.ESP
Its a deal.ESP
outfit greetings tweaked.ESP
Better Propylon Teleport Warp-Master Index.esp
Better Propylon Teleport Warp.esp
PB_GondolierDestinations.esp
correctUV Ore Replacer_fixed.esp
correctUV Ore Replacer_respawning.esp
Improved Temple Experience.ESP
Projectiles Reintegrated.ESP
Area Effect Projectiles Integrated.esp
EcoAdjCrime (Necro Edit).esp
EcoAdjMerchantSkills (Necro Edit - Direct).esp
EcoAdjMerchantSkills (Necro Edit).esp
Magicka Expanded - Resource Pack.ESP
Morrowind Anti-Cheese.ESP
BTB's Game Improvements (Necro Edit).esp
Balanced Passive Races and Birthsigns.esp
SpeedandStaminaMB.ESP
Beware the Sixth House.ESP
tribunal rebalance.ESP
Bloodmoon Rebalance.esp
VSBR_TD.ESP
ROHT_2_0_8.ESP
Uvirith's Legacy_3.53.esp
Building Up Uvirith's Legacy1.1.ESP
Fast Eddie Fix v .0001.esp
OAAB_Grazelands.ESP
Rem_GL - OAAB Landscape.esp
OAAB_Tel Mora.ESP
Beautiful cities of Morrowind.ESP
BOM - Uvirith's Legacy.esp
BOM_pathgrid_reset.esp
BOM_PfP_patch.ESP
Interior exterior flag reset.ESP
TR_Travels Patch.ESP
Muffinwind.esp
KS_Julan_Ashlander Companion_2.0.esp
Rem_AC.esp
Rem_AI.esp
Rem_BC.esp
Rem_AL.esp
Rem_GL.esp
Rem_Solstheim.esp
Rem_WG.esp
VSW-Rem-Anthology Solstheim.esp
multipatch.esp
Merged Objects.esp
mod organiser mod list (for some reason this is in descending order)

code:
# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
+Julan - Ashlander Companion
+Muffinwind - Enhanced Edition
+VSW Solstheim Graphical Replacer
+Solstheim - Tomb of the Snow Prince
+Beautiful Cities of Morrowind
+OAAB Tel Mora
+OAAB Grazelands - Remiros Groundcover Patch
+OAAB Grazelands
+Building Up Uvirith's Legacy
+Uvirith's Legacy
+Rise of House Telvanni - 2.0
+Rise of House Telvanni
-Skyrim Home Of The Nords
-Province Cyrodiil
+VSBR Vanilla style body replacer - Tamriel_Data Addon
+I Lava Good Mesh Replacer - Tamriel_Data Patch
+OAAB_Data - GitD Patch (Sunrays)
+OAAB_Data
+Tamriel Rebuilt 21.01 Hotfix
+Tamriel Rebuilt
+Tamriel_Data
-Content_separator
+Bloodmoon Rebalance
+Tribunal Rebalance
+Beware the Sixth House (Sixth House Overhaul)
+Balanced Passive Races and Birthsigns
+BTB's Game Improvements - Necro Edit
+Morrowind Anti-Cheese v1.2 (Ownership Overhaul Compatible)
+Stealth Improved
+Sneaky Strike
+Realistic Movement Speeds
+Ownership Overhaul
+No Rest Without Beds
+No Disease Labels
+Nimble Armor
+Limited Leaping
+HardTrade
+Economy Adjuster Adjustments
+Controlled Consumption (MMC Edit)
+Class-Conscious Character Progression (CCCP)
-Game Balance_separator
+Mantle of Ascension
+Lucky Strike - A Critical Hit Mod v1.1
+Lua Lockbashing
+Dynamic Timescale
+Brutal Backstabbing
+Blighted Blight
+Area Effect Arrows Integrated
-Game Mechanics_separator
+Magicka Expanded
+Wings of Will - Willpower based levitation speed (MWSE Lua)
+Wading in Water MW
+Putting Power In Willpower 2 - Antimagic Boogaloo
+Marksman Rebalanced
+Magicka Based Skill Progression -- MWSE-Lua Edition
+Hold Your Breath
+Cost Based Enchant Skill Progression
+Pickpocket
+SpeedAndStamina Tweaked
-Gameplay Tweaks_separator
+Just Drop It
+HUD Encumbrance Bar
+QuickLoot
+Pincushion
+Projectiles Reintegrated
+MWSE Hide the Skooma
+Improved Temple Experience
+Graphic Herbalism- Ash Yam Collision Switch
+Graphic Herbalism Lighting
+GH Patches and Replacers
+Graphic Herbalism - MWSE and OpenMW Edition
+Gondolier Destinations
+GMST Menu MW++ Preset v1.0
+GMST Menu
+Easy Escort
+Diligent Defenders
+Better Popylon Teleport Script
+Bed Buddies
-Gameplay QOL Improvements_separator
+Outfit Greetings Tweaked
+Its a Deal
+Idle Talk
+Great Service
-Dialogue_separator
+Water Sounds
+Tunnel Cough
+Sound Spell Sound Effect
+Silent Assassins
+Shut the gently caress up Cliff Racers
+Outdoor Banners With Sound
+No Female Nord Screeching
+Store Entrance Chimes
+Haunted Barrows
+Heartthrum
+Character Sound Overhaul
+MUSE 2 - Morrowind Music System Extended
+AURA
-SFX_separator
+Weather Adjuster MW++ Preset v2.1
+Weather Adjuster
+Transporter Lights - MWSE
+The Midnight Oil - Lighting Overhaul
+Light Decay
+Let There Be Darkness - Lua Lighting Overhaul
+Apel's Rain Replacer
-Weather + Lighting_separator
+I Lava Good Mesh Replacer
+Visually Filled Soul Gems
+The Dream is the Door
+Subtle Smoke
+Subtle Magic Glow
+No Shield Sparkle
+MWSE Blood Diversity
+Mistify
+Project Atlas - Glow in the Dahrk Patch
+Glow in the Dahrk
+Flies
-VFX_separator
+Yet Another Guard Diversity
+Pluginless Khajiit Head Pack
+Incarnates Overhauled
+Golden Saint Feminine Walk
+Buoyant Lord Vivec
+VSBR Vanilla style body replacer
-Creature and NPC Visuals_separator
+Wolf Helmet Replacer
+Morrowind Optimization Patch - Weapon Sheathing Patch
+Weapon Sheathing - Bow Position Edit
+Weapon Sheathing
+Soldier Belts Fix
+Improved Thrown Weapon Projectiles
+Complete Armor Joints
-Equipment Visuals_separator
+Well Diversified
+Vivec Palace Water Replacer
+Remiros' Groundcover - Shaders Landbias Fix
+Remiros' Groundcover
+Near Vanilla Road Sign Replacer
+Distant Mournhold
+Anumaril's Minor Mods
+Waterfalls Tweaks
+Better Waterfalls
-Environment Visuals_separator
+Torch Hotkey
+Switchable Scriptures
+Security Enhanced
+Right Click Menu Exit
+Quick Equip
+Kill Command
+Hot Quests
+Hotkeys Extended
+Book Pickup
-Hotkeys_separator
+UI Expansion
+Tooltip
+MWSEabotlib
+Smart Map
+Smart Journal
+Smart Ammo
+Shrine Tooltips
+New Game Confirmation
+Memory Monitor
+HUD Weapon Charge
+Essential Indicators
+Continue
+Consistent Keys
+Companion Health Bars MWSE Lua Script
+MWSE Clock Block
+Class Description Tooltip
+Book Worm
+Better Questlist
-User Interface_separator
+The Publicans
+Silt Strider Animation Restored
+Sheep-no-More
+Services Restored
+LDM - Context Matters
+Sigourn's Misc Mods and Patches
+FMI - NotAllDunmer
+Dubdilla Location Fix
+Divayth Fyr Puzzle Fixed
+Adamantium Ore Fix
-Non-Purist Fixes_separator
+Unofficial Morrowind Official Plugins Patched
-More Patches_separator
+MGE XE Shader - 16 Lights Shaders Alpha (1)
+MGE XE Shader - EdgeAA (1)
+MGE XE Shader - Deband_Fogaware v2 (1)
+MGE XE Shader - SpecialProcess
-MGE XE Shaders_separator
+Early Transport to Mournhold
+Expansion Delay
-Expansion Implementation_separator
+Widescreen Splash Additions
+Widescreen Splash Replacer
+Title Screen and Logo Video Intro Reworked
+Pete's Scroll 2018 ...in 2020
+Comrade Raven's Book Arts Replacer
+Better Dialogue Font
+Better Daedric Font
-Enhanced User Interface_separator
+Facelift
+Intelligent Textures
-Enhanced Textures_separator
+Skill Increase GMST Fix
+IMMERSIVE RUN FIX
+Quest Skill Reward Fix
+Loading Doors Lock Tune
+Expeditious Exit
-MWSE Fixes_separator
+Glowing Flames
+Creature VFX restoration
+Project Atlas
+Morrowind Optimization Patch
+Hidden Imperial Door Fix
+Fix those bastard rope fences
+correctUVrocks
-Mesh Fixes and Optimisation_separator
+Patch for Purists
-Patches_separator
*DLC: Bloodmoon
*DLC: Tribunal
I unchecked Province: Cyrodiil and Skyrom: Home of the Nords as I half-remember from my time modding oblivion that worldspaces can cause issues with greetings. Didn't make a difference but I was going to try without TR after this.

edit: also, I'm playing a lady dark elf but whenever I enter combat my character keeps using the male dark elf combat sounds. I assume this is related to character sound overhaul

Generic Monk fucked around with this message at 09:54 on May 19, 2021

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I'd get rid of the EcoAdj mods and the BTB one. Mort made new mods that do that stuff.

Harder Barter
MULE

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Its eco adjuster doing it btw

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Hi everyone, I've never played Morrowind and would like to start. Is the OP mod rec list still good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Doc Fission posted:

Hi everyone, I've never played Morrowind and would like to start. Is the OP mod rec list still good?

Not really, no.

Given this is your first time playing Morrowind, just follow Part 1 of the Morrowind Improved guide to get set up with a stable base game. That page will walk you through installing community patches, mod organizer, MGEXE, and high-res textures. Then after that I would install MULE because the original leveling system is pretty whack at this point and MULE is a good upgrade.

After that just play the game and figure out what you don't like and want changed from there.

e: OP isn't bad, it's just kinda bloated and it has a number of outdated mods that have been superseded by newer, better implementations.

Proletarian Mango fucked around with this message at 15:26 on May 19, 2021