Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
resident evil 8 on normal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Dark souls
Dark Souls II
Dark Souls III
Sekiro (just finished this sunday)

now that I am finally a FromSoftware fan; patiently waiting for Elden Ring.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Dragon quest 6
Played 4 5 and 6 close together and all of the hype from 5 died about 4 hours in. I had to turn off random encounters with a cheat in order to finish. I dont think I'll be playing 7 as its apparently the same devs and I don't think they understand why dragon quest is fun

7 has really nice middle in between the way too long beginning and ending.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i love dq7 but i only played the 3ds version and i think it took me like 40 hours less than i normally hear people complain about the game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Nier Replicant, all endings (A, B, C, D, E) Incredible game. Really fun gameplay with an interesting story and a great cast of characters. I was worried that it would get old running the game over and over again for the endings but it never did really, the gameplay was fun enough that I didn't mind redoing sections and the new twists and perspectives on the story kept it fresh. Kainé and Weiss are probably two of my favorite characters in gaming now. I really can't recommend the game enough. On to Automata now, which I'd played a bit of in the past but never got very far into.

I'm thinking of replaying Automata now that I've beaten Replicant so I can fully grasp the Lore. It's so good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

VideoGames posted:

Dark souls
Dark Souls II
Dark Souls III

VG your journey has been epic

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

VG your journey has been epic

Thank you! The final boss on Sunday was one of the coolest things I have seen in a game! I really appreciate you popping by now and then.

Also spparently state of play sale will have Demons Souls on sale. Might be starting it way sooner than I was expecting!

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I'm thinking of replaying Automata now that I've beaten Replicant so I can fully grasp the Lore. It's so good

I went into Automata right after posting that last night and it plays just differently enough from Replicant that my muscle memory is getting my rear end kicked lol. Might switch over to something else until the Replicant reflexes fade and I stop trying to dodge through projectiles in Automata, something you apparently can’t do or at least the i-frames are way less forgiving

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. Far Cry
2. Far Cry 2
3. Halo 2 - Legendary Co-op
4. New Super Mario Bros.™ U Deluxe
5. Dying Light - Nighmare, All Side Missions
6. Halo 3 - Legendary Co-Op
7. Persona 5 Strikers
8. Halo ODST - Legendary Co-Op
9. Bravely Default 2 - True Ending
10. Super Mario™ 3D World - Co-Op
11. Code Vein - Good Ending
12. Halo 4 - Legendary Co-Op
13. Outriders
14. Nier Replicant - Ending(s): All Endings
15. It Takes Two
16. Resident Evil Village - Standard, all collectibles, all outhouses, all goats.
17. Mass Effect 1 (Legendary Edition) - Insanity, Renegade Lesbian, All Side Quests

I remember this game being a lot shittier than this, but I don't know exactly what the remaster changed. I had a blast playing through this and I can't wait to start ME2.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
rear end effect.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

fadam posted:

Insanity, Renegade Lesbian, All Side Quests

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VideoGames posted:

Dark souls
Dark Souls II
Dark Souls III

Hell yeah

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Dark souls
Dark Souls II
Dark Souls III

drat dude, cool. you got bloodborne plans?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lmfao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

i love dq7 but i only played the 3ds version and i think it took me like 40 hours less than i normally hear people complain about the game

This but ibe played both versions and I like the psx verson too altho its way to lomg. Ots mich better than 6 anywhom

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

fadam posted:

17. Mass Effect 1 (Legendary Edition) - Insanity, Renegade Lesbian, All Side Quests
Insanity: Renegade Lesbian sounds like a game i wouldn't mind trying

i'm imagining a max payne clone in my mind's eye

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://youtu.be/Kg20zR-goJ4

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

drat dude, cool. you got bloodborne plans?

Bloodborne was beaten 2020 November and was the start of all this :)

If not for Bloodborne and finally understanding I would not have done all the others.

Bloodborne remains the ultimate.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Bloodborne was beaten 2020 November and was the start of all this :)

If not for Bloodborne and finally understanding I would not have done all the others.

Bloodborne remains the ultimate.

awesome. hell of a journey.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

awesome. hell of a journey.

Thank you. It really was!

Heard demons souls is going to be discounted in the state of play sale and then after I can say I am properly prepared for Elden Ring.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
subnautica. Cute little game but the ps4 port is awful. I'll get the dlc when it goes on sale on pc

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
16. Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Platinum Trophy)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

16. Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy. I liked the first few hours a lot and then the story becomes schizophrenic nonsense about millenia old Mayan clans who control the neural net while you push 300 button long Simon Says QTEs. My favorite part was when the lady cop gets stuck in an insane asylum when the power goes out and you have to dodge slobbering maniacs who will kill you if you breathe on them, just normal stuff to put in a game.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training posted:

16. Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy. I liked the first few hours a lot and then the story becomes schizophrenic nonsense about millenia old Mayan clans who control the neural net while you push 300 button long Simon Says QTEs. My favorite part was when the lady cop gets stuck in an insane asylum when the power goes out and you have to dodge slobbering maniacs who will kill you if you breathe on them, just normal stuff to put in a game.

yeah it owns

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it would kick a lot more rear end if the QTE parts were about 1/5th as long but yeah, it was pretty sick. are other cage games this bananas.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ive played Omikron but never finished it bc i couldnt get past the 1v1 fist fights.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training posted:

it would kick a lot more rear end if the QTE parts were about 1/5th as long but yeah, it was pretty sick. are other cage games this bananas.

nope theyre all the boring kind of bad. indigo prophecy and the soundtrack to timecop on snes are the only good things david cage has ever created

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

In Training posted:

My favorite part was the discrepancy between the QTEs and the on-screen action when kung fu fighting the ancient Mayan Terminator

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (Proud mode)

I know now, without a doubt, Kingdom Hearts is light.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

they dont go completely off the rails in the same way but theyre all pretty stupid in their own right. its cool playing heavy rain in particular now knowing that when it came out people were giving it 9/10s, 10/10s, goty, etc. but also its the most pretentious and stupid thing out there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-L-G1q_0L8

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

they dont go completely off the rails in the same way but theyre all pretty stupid in their own right. its cool playing heavy rain in particular now knowing that when it came out people were giving it 9/10s, 10/10s, goty, etc. but also its the most pretentious and stupid thing out there

Lmao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Fungah! posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lmao