Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

.....how?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

Uhhhhh, how did the guy get something to slash his own throat in there?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

quote:

A few minutes later, the defendant’s attorney noticed him pulling at his collar. “What the hell are you doing?” the lawyer asked, a witness to the scene recounted to WDAY News.

That’s when blood started gushing from his neck.
“He had slit his neck with some object. There was blood all over the walls in the courtroom, and the Marshals had wrestled him to the floor,” the witness told WDAY. “You could hear him screaming, ‘I can’t breathe.’”

The FBI confirmed to the Associated Press that the defendant died in the courtroom after cutting his own throat with an unknown object.

:shrug:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

If he was wearing a collared shirt they have those plastic collar guards in them but you'd have to be real fuckin motivated to use one of those

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I feel bad for whoever has to clean the courtroom. Kind of a dick move to off yourself in public but guess that cat is out of the bag.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I remember growing up the stereotype for people as far gone as the QAnon cult was something kind of like Randy Quaid in Independence Day. They usually hung out at a bar. People mostly ignored them and would only listen for a laugh. And they were mostly harmless (because they were alone).

To learn that there are actually towns full of people like this who are actively influencing how the country is ran has been a wild ride, to say the least.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

boop the snoot posted:

I remember growing up the stereotype for people as far gone as the QAnon cult was something kind of like Randy Quaid in Independence Day. They usually hung out at a bar. People mostly ignored them and would only listen for a laugh. And they were mostly harmless (because they were alone).

To learn that there are actually towns full of people like this who are actively influencing how the country is ran has been a wild ride, to say the least.

In 2006 Alex Jones was a joke who had a late night radio show in Austin. By 2010 he was national and in 2016 he was performing live in front of the GOP convention.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

I mean, it sounds like an immediate realization of what he’s done, and I don’t judge him for that... but... to a certain extent - “I can’t breathe,” isn’t that the point?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

BUG JUG posted:

If he was wearing a collared shirt they have those plastic collar guards in them but you'd have to be real fuckin motivated to use one of those

Individuals who want to self-harm and/or attempt to complete suicide *are* motivated. I have gotten much better at thinking what a patient could use at the hospital to self-harm than I ever thought I could be

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/nwarikoo/status/1394763932007649281

🤣🤣🤣

lol if trump said this everyone would go nuts

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
What the gently caress?

(Assume this post was posted in response to everything posted in the last page and a half)

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
lolol get run over asking about the country attempting to do a genocide that we're backing

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Finally, a 3-ton BEV... Ford is only about 3 years late :cripes:

But early enough to beat Rivian and the Cybertruck thing to market, and that's all that matters.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
I feel like this is just the early tremors of what's coming in regards to resource wars, climate refugees, and future hell world in general. I should stop doomering though.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

what an absolutely awful, awful human being. i hope his brain rots

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

It's not hard to sneak a razor into a courthouse from jail. Or to find something to make a shank if motivated.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

FrozenVent posted:

What the gently caress?

(Assume this post was posted in response to everything posted in the last page and a half)

The Biden folks are leaking/backgrounding that they stopped Israel from doing a full ground invasion of Gaza. They're also saying that there are serious negotiations going on in the background with Egypt, Hamas, Israel, etc. The internal argument they're pushing is that going radio silent and not criticizing Israel lets them get all their war criming out of their system, where being vocal could extend things. The Biden jokey stuff and refusing to answer outside of statements and call readouts is to make sure that he doesn't open his yapper about it while the diplomatic staff is doing stuff. It's all a bit too ~~``PUPPETMASTER``~~ for my taste as an argument.

Meanwhile, the NY AG just announced their investigation into the Trump Organization is no longer civil, but criminal, and they're working with the Manhattan DA. Popehat thinks it's all garbospeak and means nothing.

Meanwhile, it sure looks like Krasner's going to win his primary in Philly, looking like a 66-33 win.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Hot Karl Marx posted:

🤣🤣🤣

lol if trump said this everyone would go nuts

I understand the sentiment, but the primary difference is that when Joe says that, his supporters won't take it as a call to action and start trying to run down any reporter they see with their pick-up trucks.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

A Bad Poster posted:

I understand the sentiment, but the primary difference is that when Joe says that, his supporters won't take it as a call to action and start trying to run down any reporter they see with their pick-up trucks.

well israel did bomb media offices

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Hot Karl Marx posted:

well israel did bomb media offices

drat

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Didn't they nationalize most of the mining operations though and now own like 60%+ of the mining?

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

New York prosecutor says Trump inquiry now 'criminal'
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57166735

"A spokesman for the state's top prosecutor, Letitia James, said the inquiry into Mr Trump's property company was "no longer purely civil".

Ms James has been scrutinising the ex-Republican president's financial dealings before he took office.

The Trumps deny wrongdoing and say the inquiry by a Democratic prosecutor is a political vendetta.

Ms James' spokesman, Fabien Levy, told the BBC on Tuesday: "We have informed the Trump Organization that our investigation into the Organization is no longer purely civil in nature.

"We are now actively investigating the Trump Organization in a criminal capacity, along with the Manhattan DA. We have no additional comment."

The statement did not say what turned the inquiry from civil to criminal in nature, or whether the former president himself might be personally implicated in any allegations.

Six legal battles looming for Trump
Ms James launched a civil inquiry in March 2019 into claims that Mr Trump had inflated the value of his assets to banks when seeking loans, and understated them to lower his taxes.

Her office has also seeking documents on four Trump Organization properties in Manhattan, upstate New York, Chicago and Los Angeles.

Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr said in court documents last August that his office was investigating alleged "protracted criminal conduct" at the Trump Organization.

Mr Vance's legal filing cited newspaper articles about purported bank and insurance fraud at the company.

The Manhattan district attorney has also been investigating whether any of Mr Trump's financial records were doctored to cover up hush-money payments to two women in 2016 who say they had affairs with him.

Mr Vance's office said in February it had obtained Mr Trump's tax returns as part of the investigation, after a long legal battle."

Sergg fucked around with this message at 05:11 on May 19, 2021

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/vicbergeriv/status/1394797710083989505?s=21

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Vaguely reminds me of the story a few years back of the Canadian soldier who was identified as an extremist, but fled with weapons before they could catch him. I wonder whatever came of that.
https://twitter.com/M__Verbruggen/status/1394877995878424579?s=19

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So Hamas has supposedly fired ~3500 rockets thus far, so assuming $40k per Iron Dome interceptor, they've cost Israel ~$140m in missiles alone.

$280m factoring in replacements, probably more if they put a rush on it.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 07:34 on May 19, 2021

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Tim Pool just doesn't want everyone to see he's bald as gently caress.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cugel the Clever posted:

Vaguely reminds me of the story a few years back of the Canadian soldier who was identified as an extremist, but fled with weapons before they could catch him. I wonder whatever came of that.
https://twitter.com/M__Verbruggen/status/1394877995878424579?s=19

If the Canadian dude is the one I'm thinking of, his last whereabouts were near a big ol' hazardous swamp and it's presumed he died there.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So Hamas has supposedly fired ~3500 rockets thus far, so assuming $40k per Iron Dome interceptor, they've cost Israel ~$140m in missiles alone.

Iron Dome does not fire at every rocket. You’re talking specific defended areas with rockets outside those areas permitted to fly unengaged either through impossibility of an intercept or pre-planned firing logic.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I don't think you can count those interceptors twice. Israel already had those missiles, and replacing them costs $40k each. So unrelated to the defense system not engaging every rocket as per the post above, it would still only cost Israel about $140m.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

90s Solo Cup posted:

But early enough to beat Rivian and the Cybertruck thing to market, and that's all that matters.

Yup. I'm down for a Cybertruck reservation but I'm curious if they can actually make the price point and if will have comfy seats.

That being said the new Hummer coming out later this year is bonkers, its sold out, and the dealership networks in big market areas [Eg. California/Florida] got customers who missed the initial reservation window but is willing to put down 100% of the price as a deposit to get on the list and GM corperate is taking the position first come first serve which is sorta bonkers since that only needed $100.

That being said if people wait a year they can get pretty much the same truck, just not edition one, but seeing what happened to the H1 market I imagine a few people are going to drop them right into storage with plastic still on the seats, etc.

They had a few of the prototypes running trails in Moab a few weeks ago.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Big K of Justice posted:

Yup. I'm down for a Cybertruck reservation but I'm curious if they can actually make the price point and if will have comfy seats.

I cannot believe anyone would pre-order that vaporware sack of crap.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

orange juche posted:

Tim Pool just doesn't want everyone to see he's bald as gently caress.

Is that the comedian who flipped his poo poo when someone made fun of him for it

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I cannot believe anyone would pre-order that vaporware sack of crap.

It’s $100 and I’ve seen it driving around here in Austin. Certainly not as vapor ware as other electric truck companies that haven’t shipped a single model yet.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Big K of Justice posted:

That being said the new Hummer coming out later this year is bonkers, its sold out, and the dealership networks in big market areas [Eg. California/Florida] got customers who missed the initial reservation window but is willing to put down 100% of the price as a deposit to get on the list and GM corperate is taking the position first come first serve which is sorta bonkers since that only needed $100.

My mind refuses to believe the electric Hummer is actually real, but instead is some sort of overly elaborate April Fool's prank.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is that the comedian who flipped his poo poo when someone made fun of him for it

It’s funny to laugh at Tim Pool, but he’s not a comedian. He portrays himself as a liberal who became disaffected with the left and woke culture and was forced to become a right wing agitator.

He hides behind a few positions to try to maintain centrist cred, like saying gay rights matter or arguing for gun rights by way of saying gun rights are key to minorities.

But mostly he boosts rightwing ideology, decries leftism, complains about women, hangs out with some hardcore altrighters, and is a real shithead.

Sometimes people pimp Tim Pool as just an independent look at the world. These people are either his political allies or incredibly and stupidly gullible.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

That electric hummer is gonna weigh over 9000 lbs

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
With talks about hamas “rockets,” don’t forget that they’re just metal tubes with a fertilizer propellant along with a dynamite warhead that is triggered by a nail on the tip upon impact. These cost less than $800 per. If hamas has launched 3500 rockets, the cost has been less than $3m.

I’m personally skeptical of the claims that they’re firing thousands of these dumb rockets off without Israel actually helping supply them and probably launching a number of rockets themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Hot Karl Marx posted:

It blows my mind, this isn't even hyberbole. 4 and a half tons doing 0-60 in 3 seconds, it's just bonkers.