Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

nwin posted:

Apparently there’s a very small subreddit that doesn’t get a lot of traffic r/ndra.

https://reddit.com/r/NDRA

From a thread about a month ago:

Ya'll need to team up with the reddit group and move into top 3 of share holdings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Fame Douglas posted:

They don't have approval in the EU.

that's incorrect, according to their own press releases

https://investors.endrainc.com/prviewer/release_only/id/4713506
"TAEUS® is currently cleared for sale in countries that recognize the CE mark, including those in the European Union, and a 510(k) application has been submitted to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration."

https://investors.endrainc.com/prviewer/release_only/id/4730555
"We continue to advance commercialization initiatives by driving awareness of our TAEUS system and expanding our European sales team."
"Renaud Maloberti, Chief Commercial Officer, commented, "Although the environment continues to be challenging in many European countries as [bullshit covid excuse]"

they're trying, but nobody is biting

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

pmchem posted:

that's incorrect, according to their own press releases

https://investors.endrainc.com/prviewer/release_only/id/4713506
"TAEUS® is currently cleared for sale in countries that recognize the CE mark, including those in the European Union, and a 510(k) application has been submitted to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration."

https://investors.endrainc.com/prviewer/release_only/id/4730555
"We continue to advance commercialization initiatives by driving awareness of our TAEUS system and expanding our European sales team."
"Renaud Maloberti, Chief Commercial Officer, commented, "Although the environment continues to be challenging in many European countries as [bullshit covid excuse]"

they're trying, but nobody is biting

No, it's entirely correct according to their own press releases. A CE sign means absolutely nothing, it's self-certification and not approval for clinical use at all. People in this thread simply don't know what a CE sign is.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Fame Douglas posted:

No, it's entirely correct according to their own press releases. A CE sign means absolutely nothing, it's self-certification and not approval for clinical use at all. People in this thread simply don't know what a CE sign is.

the post you were replying to was about whether they had booked sales in the EU, where they are approved for sale. they can sell devices in the EU. they have not booked sales there.

it wasn't a statement of various levels of clinical approval.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Fame Douglas posted:

Isn’t half the rationale given for owning this stock the ‘fact’ that the device got approved for use in the EU and that meant it was pretty much a slam dunk for US approval?

Lol

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Sold 300 shares for a very small profit in preparation for OTLY on Thursday

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The CE mark indicates that the electronic device will not melt or start a fire when you plug it in. It has nothing to do with medical efficacy. I suspect that the information about "having approval to sell" means that they are not prohibited by electronic device laws from selling the device, but is either intentionally or unintentionally implying that their device is approved for use by doctors to diagnose things, which it may not be.

It's possible that the CE mark and approval for sale is an important prerequisite to meet in advance of anticipated approval for medical use.

That said, I'm not sure why you'd hire salespeople for a device that isn't for sale yet. Possibly to sell it to institutions interested in joining trials? Or to lay groundwork in the anticipation of approval for medical use coming very soon, and wanting to already have customers set up? Building a pipeline before a product hits the market is a thing. I'm just not sure which applies here.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 01:08 on May 19, 2021

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Don't dox my fragile goon dad neck cartilage

gay picnic defence posted:

Isn’t half the rationale given for owning this stock the ‘fact’ that the device got approved for use in the EU and that meant it was pretty much a slam dunk for US approval?

Chronicles posted:

Sold 300 shares for a very small profit in preparation for OTLY on Thursday

welp, gonna dump my $GOON tomorrow morning and take my one day 10% profits, unless someone can convince me otherwise

Yeah a CE mark is roughly equivalent to the UL listed mark on the power strip your computer/tv is plugged into. It has as much medical value as the "official Hadlock `definitely, probably cures cancer 1% of the time` seal" I just invented (looking for SPAC investors, hit me up in the PMs)

Gonna keep 1 $GOON as a momento

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

The reason I got in is that I work in clinical trials and there is a giant market for this type of device, if it works as stated, whether in clinical trials or otherwise. As stated several times before, it’s a risk. At 2% of my portfolio, it’s one that I can afford to make, but one that could also tank. I’m also investing on a 10yr+ horizon. I may take some profit if it pops, but I’m investing for the long run for the most part.

I’m not yoloing into it and I wouldn’t recommend that for anyone else, either! :getin: at your own risk tolerance.

Admiral101
Feb 20, 2006
RMU: Where using the internet is like living in 1995.

Cacafuego posted:

The reason I got in is that I work in clinical trials and there is a giant market for this type of device, if it works as stated, whether in clinical trials or otherwise. As stated several times before, it’s a risk. At 2% of my portfolio, it’s one that I can afford to make, but one that could also tank. I’m also investing on a 10yr+ horizon. I may take some profit if it pops, but I’m investing for the long run for the most part.

I’m not yoloing into it and I wouldn’t recommend that for anyone else, either! :getin: at your own risk tolerance.

NDRA is not going to be around in 10 years. It is either going to bought in the next few years or it will be winding up.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
What is the thread opinion about Robinhood

I'm guessing it's newer than the op

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

The Bloop posted:

Sucks, don’t use it

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

pmchem posted:

not only that, some people -- like a year ago -- have already dug into reasonable near-term TAM and competitors, which this thread has not

see comments in here about fibroscan,
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4354772-endra-life-sciences-nash-test-device-taeus-commercialization-inflection-point

or table 1 fibroscan and ultrasound info here:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6429343/

or the fact that a university and endra first registered a clinical trial for it in 2019 and never bothered to actually do it, dead on the vine:
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03914482

or this nerd doing math on how, if they're lucky and totally displace the competition, maybe they make $140m in sales off all this worldwide
https://www.reddit.com/r/pennystocks/comments/k442aq/ndra_catalyst/gen0mpb/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
their market cap right now is $87m -- if they got ALL that revenue in one year, it'd be a P/S of ~0.6. but of course they won't, it'll drib and drab over many years.

MRNA, for reference, trades at a TTM p/s of 20, with massive forward booked sales and they produce vials of mostly water, not manufactured physical devices.

if they get FDA approval and a bump, I'd get out while the gettin' is good. but I'm not owning any of this in the first place.

:lol: like any of this matters to anyone in this thread they're all just betting against the 7

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

2004 regdate is a stone cold 42 year old

:argh: kids these days :argh: we're not all in our 40's....yet

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

The Bloop posted:

Depends on your tolerance of the risks that you won't be able to trade popular securities during periods of high volatility.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

marxismftw posted:

Depends on your tolerance of the risks that you won't be able to trade popular securities during periods of high volatility.

Also being at the end of a queue on a buy price from what I understand.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

djfooboo posted:

Also being at the end of a queue on a buy price from what I understand.

Fidelity will at least pretend to give you a nice deal of a few cents on a buy order - look at you, retail investor! Saved yourself a nickel. That's on the house.

Robinhood is the wallet inspector, and you're not allowed to supervise.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

On the flip side it makes GME and Superstonk idiots mad so Robinhood isn't all bad

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Admiral101 posted:

NDRA is not going to be around in 10 years. It is either going to bought in the next few years or it will be winding up.

Sorry, didn’t think I needed to qualify a long term, set it and forget it hold with “or until it either goes poof or gets bought out”.

mongeese
Mar 30, 2003

If you think in fractals...

The Bloop posted:

It's awful, but I use it as my degenerate gambling account. I transferred most of my stuff out of it and now just use it for meme stocks.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I'm using Robinhood as my primary but I've only been at this since GME mooned earlier this year

I tried out the SoFi app to buy some lol non-doge/bitcoins and it's pretty terrible

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Fidelity has certain clear technical advantages to Robinhood, but Robinhood's ease of use and charts are miles better. So I mean, for most people who don't trade super often, aren't enticed by after hours trades etc. will be perfectly happy using Robinhood.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Yeah I wish I'd gotten my 4 warrants for my 20 shares of SRNG spac

I didn't know you could do after hours on fidelity, that's pretty cool

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
I am in a medical specialty in extremely close proximity to NDRA’s market. The idea behind their product is exciting. I still have no idea whether it’s a good investment or not.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

TDAmeritrade and its ThinkOrSwim platform is very good. It has been bought by Charles Schwab, so that's one company now. ThinkOrSwim is far more powerful than the robinhood app, but, you'll probably want to do some tutorials or youtubes because it's also complicated and potentially confusing.

Robinhood is a mickey mouse company that has proven over and over again that it's not capable of providing a robust, reliable trading platform. If you use it, I advise you to take only positions you're comfortable with not being able to close on any specific day/time.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Cacafuego posted:

Totally agree!

Yeah if they get FDA approval they will be bought out eventually (my guess would be GE given the circumstances). Assuming it works as advertised, it will be a cheaper diagnostic tool than a CT or MRI that blows Fibroscan out of the water. And it has more upgrades on the way (future versions to show temperature and tissue function). They have a patent team embedded on the engineering team and have racked up a ton of patents so far on the technology. There are hundreds of millions of people with fatty liver worldwide so there’s going to be a market. Plus other potential revenue streams exist like OEMs.

Or they never get approval and :lol:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

There are additional outcome possibilities. Off the top of my head:
  • They get approved, but another company with a superior technology beats them
  • They get approved, but fail to execute well on manufacturing and selling the products, or licensing the tech to a company that can do that
  • They get approved, but run out of money too quickly before they can book enough revenues, and their tech winds up sold in bankruptcy for pennies
  • They get approved, but flaws that didn't show up in clinical trials reveal themselves in practical use, and the product fails in the markt
  • They get approved, but key patents are invalidated when another company shows they had prior art

I could go on. There's all manner of risks here, beyond just whether or not the device works well enough to pass FDA standards.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Leperflesh posted:

• They get approved, but fail to execute well on manufacturing and selling the products, or licensing the tech to a company that can do that
  • They get approved, but run out of money too quickly before they can book enough revenues, and their tech winds up sold in bankruptcy for pennies
  • They get approved, but flaws that didn't show up in clinical trials reveal themselves in practical use, and the product fails in the markt
  • They get approved, but key patents are invalidated when another company shows they had prior art

I could go on. There's all manner of risks here, beyond just whether or not the device works well enough to pass FDA standards.

Isn’t that why you’re supposed to flip them as soon as they pop on the news the gadget got approved?

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Leperflesh posted:

Absolutely all valid points. It’s certainly high risk/high reward

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

gay picnic defence posted:

Isn’t that why you’re supposed to flip them as soon as they pop on the news the gadget got approved?

It's one reason to. The investment thesis pre-approval is different than the investment thesis post-approval. In theory, you could, post-approval, still like the company at its post-approval price, but you would probably need to justify that with an analysis that considers market factors, competitive factors, management, balance sheet, any regulatory questions, etc.; I would guess that few of us rando goons have the expertise to do that kind of analysis for a microcap biotech.

One option if you're long-term bullish would be to take some profits while retaining a smaller long-term position.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Fireside Nut posted:

Absolutely all valid points. It’s certainly high risk/high reward

High risk, low to medium reward; at 2.25 it's priced appropriately, if slightly overvalued

High reward would be at least 2.2x return, IMO; $5/share is medium reward

R.I.P. $GOON

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Hadlock posted:

High risk, low to medium reward; at 2.25 it's priced appropriately, if slightly overvalued

High reward would be at least 2.2x return, IMO; $5/share is medium reward

Are you suggesting a buyout price of ~$5? Or is that referring to price after FDA clearance?

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Uhh what is going on

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Nothing matters till about 10 once the initial 930 frenzy calms down. Pre Market is such little volume as to be meaningless, literally 3,402 shares of GOON have been traded so far today.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Everything is going down again

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

cr0y posted:

Uhh what is going on

People watched the rerun of Elon Musk doing a horrible Wario impression and took a long hard look at their lives

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

cr0y posted:

Uhh what is going on

There was the tiniest murmur of possible inflation woes again (apparently retailer sales are coming in higher than expected) so people are pressing the 'Sell' button with renewed fervor not seen in days.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Crypto is crashing hard.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Rolo posted:

Crypto is crashing hard.

:lmao: yes it is

E: did Elon say something? Doge down 50%

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001