Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Agrinja posted:

Almost exactly 7/8" and a tad over 5/8" deep.

Use a 3/4 drill and buy a 64th undersize wood broach for the diameter, or glue thin magnets to your silicon case and the bottom of the c-bore.

If you don't, you won't be assured of retention and when the wood swells/shrinks the case may fall out, then someone is going to get gutterwax.

E: a 2L bottle cap is 1.25"dia by .5" deep for reference.

Samuel L. Hacksaw fucked around with this message at 17:49 on May 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is a torch the best way to clean a bowl used for dabs like the one in my puffco vape? Soaking this thing in 91% iso does almost nothing.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
i have a sonic jewelry cleaner i use for small stuff. pour in some alcohol, turn it on and walk away

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Salt and alcohol is my go-to cleaning solution.

It’s basically formula 420 without the blue and whatever lemon or lime scent they also use.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Oven at 200°F for 20~ minutes. Prop upside down over parchment paper on a cookie sheet and it will run right out onto the paper for you to throw away or into edibles.

Let cool, finish with alcohol wash. If alcohol isn't cutting it, acetone and an outdoor space, wear gloves, shake vigorously for a minute or two. Rinse with water and let dry, smell for remaining acetone, rinse again if needed.

I had big globs of reclaim in the bottom of my rig, alcohol did poo poo, but the oven just made it melt and fall out.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Oven at 200°F for 20~ minutes. Prop upside down over parchment paper on a cookie sheet and it will run right out onto the paper for you to throw away or into edibles.

Let cool, finish with alcohol wash. If alcohol isn't cutting it, acetone and an outdoor space, wear gloves, shake vigorously for a minute or two. Rinse with water and let dry, smell for remaining acetone, rinse again if needed.

I had big globs of reclaim in the bottom of my rig, alcohol did poo poo, but the oven just made it melt and fall out.

Thanks! This is the best solution because I don't have to buy anything to do it.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
You'll still have a little tack around whatever hole it comes out of, but an alcohol wipe will more than suffice for that, after it's cooled.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Fyi, never leave acetone on your parts. Always wash a part in iso after acetone or you'll end up hosed. I don't know why but it's what I was always told as a machinist.

Acetone is not safe for silicone or rubber long term. So you can't clean gaskets in it like ISO.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna smoke a weed after work, do some yard work and wrench on some bikes. It's finally in the 70s outside thank lort

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I picked up some Lemon Bean sativa (14g popcorn) and it has been hitting me like the Florida Orange strain I picked up a while back.
Really enjoying it!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Video Nasty posted:

I picked up some Lemon Bean sativa (14g popcorn) and it has been hitting me like the Florida Orange strain I picked up a while back.
Really enjoying it!

Anyone know why popcorn bud exists? Is it that certain plants never grow bud past a certain size, or is it a quality thing?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's the buds lower on the stems that get less light because of canopy. You "lollipop" a plant by stripping away a lot of lower branches and bud sites, which directs more nutrients to the buds on top of the canopy.

It's not a quality thing, lower buds get less light and won't develop as large as colas, though potency is often lower than cola buds.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 05:33 on May 18, 2021

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Fyi, never leave acetone on your parts. Always wash a part in iso after acetone or you'll end up hosed. I don't know why but it's what I was always told as a machinist.

Acetone is not safe for silicone or rubber long term. So you can't clean gaskets in it like ISO.

And the mystery of how my watch band became hosed is neatly solved

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I used acetone on my bowling ball as a kid to get all the lane oil off. Not even kidding, works great for that. Ahhh, midwestern childhood.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

butt dickus posted:

i have a sonic jewelry cleaner i use for small stuff. pour in some alcohol, turn it on and walk away

drat, I just googled this--this works on bowls? Like even up in all the little nooks and crannies on the inside?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
A blue hedgehog jewelry cleaner would be awesome.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I used acetone on my bowling ball as a kid to get all the lane oil off. Not even kidding, works great for that. Ahhh, midwestern childhood.

oh shiiiit there's lane OIL

that makes sense

I always thought it was just REALLY slippery wood plus the soles. lol I'm dumb

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Lol. Yeah, lanes are oiled, if not daily then at least weekly, depends on the alley. Stripping the excess lane oil off after a game increases the likelihood of finding traction way down at the end of the lane, where it's not oiled. They're usually oiled about halfway down, which explains why people who try to use too much english and a bad angle always wind up in the gutter.

The older I get, the more I realize I'm following in the footsteps of the Dude. Long hair, big beard, perpetually unemployed and single. I better start watching out for some germans.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Maybe just find yourself a really nice rug. Something to tie the room together, man.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That's probably what will bring the germans to my door, lol.

And obviously they're not golfers.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Inspector Hound posted:

drat, I just googled this--this works on bowls? Like even up in all the little nooks and crannies on the inside?
i originally got it to wash 3d prints but i also use it for bowls and slides and the titanium tip from my nectar collector. they come out looking like new unless it's been a while and they might need another go. if anything happens to it i will replace it right away

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5yFcdPAGv0

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

butt dickus posted:

i originally got it to wash 3d prints but i also use it for bowls and slides and the titanium tip from my nectar collector. they come out looking like new unless it's been a while and they might need another go. if anything happens to it i will replace it right away

New self gift assigned

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

It's the buds lower on the stems that get less light because of canopy. You "lollipop" a plant by stripping away a lot of lower branches and bud sites, which directs more nutrients to the buds on top of the canopy.

It's not a quality thing, lower buds get less light and won't develop as large as colas, though potency is often lower than cola buds.

I learned a lot about this. Thanks!

Also, almost out of the 14g so I'm about to break into the two 8ths I got of some other stuff and looking forward to something new in the rotation!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I got a quarter of "popcorn" nugs for 45 bucks and what surprised me about them is they aren't even that small. In fact they're totally normal sized, maybe on the smaller side but nothing I would even notice if they'd been sold normally. Oh well, good deal

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Now that I'm nearing the end of my sublingual "breath spray," I don't think I can recommend it. Yes, it's easy to use and kicks in fast, but the dosing is a little iffy--in part because a lot of oil winds up on the outside of the spray. There was enough oil to loosen the label after only a few spritzes, and eventually the whole thing was oily and gross. A waste of active product. I'm glad I only had it sitting on a shelf and not creating grease stains in a pocket or purse.

Now, I've seen some places selling it for half what others charge. I might buy it again at half-price. Maybe.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
anyone know what causes a batch of flower to feel somewhat "soft" and "crumbly"? but not wet or damp per se. my gut tells me it was not dried properly but crossing my fingers that maybe some strains are just like this. the stems do feel about right in terms of snappiness.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

the dynavap rips so hoard i'm becoming mentally ill because of how high i am

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Hell Yeah

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

thathonkey posted:

anyone know what causes a batch of flower to feel somewhat "soft" and "crumbly"? but not wet or damp per se. my gut tells me it was not dried properly but crossing my fingers that maybe some strains are just like this. the stems do feel about right in terms of snappiness.

It's probably a drying/curing issue, the buds may also just not be as dense as you're used to seeing if you're spoiled by really good weed

e if you're super high already, also consider that it may be deadly mold, or fake weed sold by the DEA in a sting operation to catch you specifically

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
mold is the concern but ive inspected it pretty carefully and it doesnt seem to show any signs (but then again im not an expert). bummer cause if not for this it would be some pretty good bud! All the other qualities are there and it tasted good in my vape when i tried it and im not dead yet :unsmith:

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I have a ton of kief in my kief stealer so I put in some gelato #33 (also seems to have low hunger effects, it has durban poison in its ancestry due to thin mint GSC) and some kief to my fury edge and put it on 430 to get whatever THCV was in the Gelato #33. I didn't get hungry with just gelato #33, the night before last. Durban poison definitely works for that too (I know I bang on about this!), night before last.

Anyway, while I was vaping I heard sizzling noises and I think it was the kief hitting the metal filter (or just against the heating chamber) and sizzling. I only had the chamber about 1/3rd to 1/4 full. It became really hard to draw the vapour as well. So maybe kief is really better for rolling joints in. It did make me feel really nice, so that's good! I'll leave it for weekends or something, I think, because, it gave me munchies. It's got all kinds of crap in it: motor breath 15, purple punch, Pie hoe, runtz, sour scout, etc. :)

redreader fucked around with this message at 18:20 on May 21, 2021

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I top the last bowl of every bag with kief. It sizzles when I light it because that’s what kief does.

It’s like turbo weed.

It owns.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I had just dropped my fury edge on the tiled floor, again, so I thought it was the battery preparing to explode in my face and hideously disfigure me forever!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Just rolling a joint for the 30 minute walk the dog and I are about to take.

Also I hit a few dabs watching city workers this morning take down a light pole. Is nice. I smoke.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

I'm at work so I can't get high yet but I plan to smoke some weed after work from either my dirty bong or my dirty pipe. Then I have to mow the lawn.

So much grass is getting destroyed this evening

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Just rolling a joint for the 30 minute walk the dog and I are about to take.

Also I hit a few dabs watching city workers this morning take down a light pole. Is nice. I smoke.

You don't walk through Cottonwood Creek Park, do you? I dunno why, but I have a feeling we've totally crossed paths on a dog walk before.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

redreader posted:

I had just dropped my fury edge on the tiled floor, again, so I thought it was the battery preparing to explode in my face and hideously disfigure me forever!

Sounds like it's still holding up well? Part of the reason I like it so much is that it's built like a tank. I don't mind the weight at all because it feels so solid

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Also, one of my root canaled teeth is acting up big time and thank lord for weed because it's absolutely helping with the pain. Hoping to get this thing out tomorrow or Monday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

redreader posted:

I have a ton of kief in my kief stealer so I put in some gelato #33 (also seems to have low hunger effects, it has durban poison in its ancestry due to thin mint GSC) and some kief to my fury edge and put it on 430 to get whatever THCV was in the Gelato #33. I didn't get hungry with just gelato #33, the night before last. Durban poison definitely works for that too (I know I bang on about this!), night before last.

Anyway, while I was vaping I heard sizzling noises and I think it was the kief hitting the metal filter (or just against the heating chamber) and sizzling. I only had the chamber about 1/3rd to 1/4 full. It became really hard to draw the vapour as well. So maybe kief is really better for rolling joints in. It did make me feel really nice, so that's good! I'll leave it for weekends or something, I think, because, it gave me munchies. It's got all kinds of crap in it: motor breath 15, purple punch, Pie hoe, runtz, sour scout, etc. :)

ive found kief works best as the middle layer between two flower layers whether youre vaping or combusting. it works especially nice in mu fury edge and havent noticed any sizzle or crackle.