Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Nooner posted:

does posting all of these recipes that are from websites make me hella basic? I feel like GWS would all be dunking on me because a lot of what I make comes out of looking at whatever I have and googling "_______ recipe" or "__________ instant pot" and rolling with what looks good haha

Absolutely not! I want this thread to be inclusive to everyone! I don't cook very often and as you can see in the OP my stuff is pretty pedestrian. I always google "healthy xyz recipe" or the same stuff you do. 100%. GWS can be pretty intimidating, to the point where I don't post there because I also don't want to get dunked on. I hope not much dunking goes on here... except the pot roast in your gravy! LOL :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
popeyes spicy chiggen. side red beans and rice. bourbon.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Wendigee posted:

I hate pot roast I had to eat it like once a week then leftovers for years growing up. Carrots, potatoes, onions, broth, salt, pepper.

My mom grew up on a rural farm and salt and pepper were flavors.

Memories

First world problems amirite?

*gets showered in boos

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I know I’m ready for the Pennywise Nooner dinner cook off. Whoever wins, we all lose !

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R

https://twitter.com/KidsWriteJokes/status/1394367463299731456

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Vegetable kebabs with Mushrooms, Peppers, Zucchini and Onions.
Steak thats been in my freezer since 2019.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Gonna have another chicken breast and drumstick with some frozen veggies. I picked the carcass clean for tomorrow when I make my soup (I hope).

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Trader Joe's Chicken Burrito Bowl: chicken, brown rice, beans, red pepper, corn, sauce. Decent microwave meal, I guess!

I need to cook a nice meal this weekend. Hmm...

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Grilled some chicken to go with Caesar salad simple and easy :yum:

Also sorry I said you would be the r word if you messed up your cornbeef in the instant pot Pennywise, I was just cracking wise, I think you are a good poster (:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
trader joes frozen pasta. Throw the pasta "nests" and the frozen blocks of sauce/cheese/butter into a nonstick on low and let it do its thing. With some chicken sausage. Not bad and about 1000 calories which is fine since I only eat 2 meals a day.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Nooner posted:

Grilled some chicken to go with Caesar salad simple and easy :yum:

Also sorry I said you would be the r word if you messed up your cornbeef in the instant pot Pennywise, I was just cracking wise, I think you are a good poster (:

:glomp:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Modified pasta norcina

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Taco Tuesday!

Got some flank steak in a Korean marinade while I was at church today, grilled that up while I made a mango/jalapeno salsa and some fresh coleslaw. hell yeah FUSION BITCHES!!!!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I did it! I made that chicken pot pie soup from the leftover rotisserie chicken! It turned out really well.

I think this might be the first soup I ever made from scratch (for the most part). I make chili all the time but never soup.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I ate a string cheese a mini slim jim some corn nuts and a bowl of rice n beans

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
did you put the mini slimjim inside of the string cheese

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
post holes recipe for the soup, that looks bomb

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Chicken Pot Pie Soup

quote:

Ingredients

4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 small yellow onion
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 bay leaves
2 medium Yukon gold potatoes, diced
1/4 cup all-purpose flour (can use gluten-free flour)
4 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 cups milk (we use 2%)
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
2 cups shredded chicken or leftover turkey
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup frozen corn
Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley

There is another part for pie crust crackers but I didn't bother to do that. Cooking absolutely anything is an accomplishment so I didn't want to get ahead of myself.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Had some leftover refried beans so I made some huevos rancheros.had a little charred corn too. We too lazy to make anything substantial

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Aardvark! posted:

did you put the mini slimjim inside of the string cheese

Sadly no, but i do eat them at the same time because of that reason. Jim cheese. Slim sticks

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I watch my carbs u see

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

I got so much loving nachos at the bar tonight. I never ordered them before because I thought it was overprices but I didn't know how much food they give you. I guess they expect you to have friends and share it and not be eating alone in front of your computer reading the forums.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I did it! I made that chicken pot pie soup from the leftover rotisserie chicken! It turned out really well.

I think this might be the first soup I ever made from scratch (for the most part). I make chili all the time but never soup.

Nooner posted:

that looks bomb

dooooooooooooooooopppeeee

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
My little kiddo is sick and wouldn't eat anything all day so we basically bribed him with McDonalds tonight. Not good, but satisfying to see my kid put down a few calories.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Chicken curry katsu and a croquette

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Pennywise the Frown posted:

That looks delicious. I want to make it but I tend to make soups that freeze well so I can package them up and eat them at work. Anyone know if cream soup can freeze ok?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Tarkus posted:

That looks delicious. I want to make it but I tend to make soups that freeze well so I can package them up and eat them at work. Anyone know if cream soup can freeze ok?

i imagine that once you reheat it and stir it all back together real well it should be fine, but yeah probably goingto look all nasty as heck when you first open it up and it is all separated

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Your soup looks good, OP. I would happily eat some!

I had Butter Chicken for dinner tonight. It was fine.

cnut
May 3, 2016

I ate a spoonful of peanut butter. I need to go shopping.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Tarkus posted:

It calls for milk. I used 2%. I'm not sure if that makes a difference regarding freezing. More watery I'd imagine.

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
made a lazy 7 hour roast pork belly with potatoes and onions,

it's basically liquid pork at this point.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
made a pot of lentil soup, altered it a bit with some added turmeric and shredded the carrots instead of slicing them while using shallots instead of onions and it came out just fine, might stick to this variation.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

This isn't the best photo, with the steak juice running into the stilton sauce. Tasted drat good though.

It's a bit overdone for my tastes but nothing beats meat cooked over a fire.

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
pan fried rib eye steak, rare, black pepper on both sides, with peas and potato salad and horseradish sauce garnish. im high on life

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Valko posted:

This isn't the best photo, with the steak juice running into the stilton sauce. Tasted drat good though.

It's a bit overdone for my tastes but nothing beats meat cooked over a fire.

Woah, that's an awesome setup.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
last night i had about a half a bag of cheeto puffs, op

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Pan roasted chicken thighs and balsamic broccoli+mushrooms done in my nonstick wok.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Bucatini carbonara using guanciale (cured pig cheeks for the uninitiated).

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
gonna make corned beef gyros :jackbud:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Leftover pad see ew, I've loved everything from this Thai place but kinda meh on this