Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

General Ironicus sometimes pops into the thread randomly so be careful about Stardust crusaders spoilers. All I know for sure is that they're up to episode 20 (probably 21) right now.

https://twitter.com/Gen_Ironicus/status/1394457407191986177

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

By the end the Lootcrates that Ashens was getting barely had anything in them. It was usually a t-shirt, a Funko Pop/Pop-alike, a pin (which oddly enough was the one thing that the quality actually went up on as time went by) and maybe like a couple of super cheap stationary items.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I wanted to get one of those lootcrate-like boxes but thought better of it.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

dmboogie posted:

Kakyoin's speech about Jotaro's hot mom is somehow just as baffling and inexplicable every time I hear it

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

as if that would make jotaro sweat

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Still more personally than Avdol got

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

bobjr posted:

Still more personally than Avdol got

Yeah but buff bird man

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I'll never get tired of MAGISANSU LETTO, poor Avdol deserved better, but Polnareff is indeed the best boy of Part 3.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

dmboogie posted:

kakyoin's speech about jotaro's hot mom is somehow just as baffling and inexplicable every time i hear it

Araki seems to have a thing for hot moms because both Joseph and Josuke had them as well.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

his name is fuckin abdul

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Alaois posted:

his name is fuckin abdul

I usually insist that too, but Avdol is so ingrained now. That and I would cite the JoJoveller book's 'official' english spellings saying Avdol too, but then that book had some fuckin weird ones that everyone promptly went "lol no Araki" to anyway, like Bruno was 'Blono' or something like that, Stroheim's first name was put down as 'Rudol' instead of 'Rudolf', 'Terence' like D'Arby was down as 'Telence' and others that made everyone just scratch their heads. That and lol, the book on different pages also uses 'Bucciarati' and 'Buccellati' in different bits for Bruno as well.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 01:24 on May 19, 2021

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I've only seen Dub Jojo so whenever I see a name that feels like "This felt like it's avoiding copyright" I would look it up to see the original, but I had no idea Avdol was supposed to be named after Paula Abdul.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

bobjr posted:

I've only seen Dub Jojo so whenever I see a name that feels like "This felt like it's avoiding copyright" I would look it up to see the original, but I had no idea Avdol was supposed to be named after Paula Abdul.

There's a lot that skim by like that, Polnareff has had an on and off last name twist of 'Eiffel' sometimes when anyone got a little too skittish that Michel Polnareff might speak up and then there's always been the looming threat of Prince or his estate that's hung over everything Part 5 anywhere in the west, for Gold Experience. The latter also being the biggest reason the real cool Vento Aureo PS2 game never came to the west.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 01:41 on May 19, 2021

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Worse Company is still my favourite localisation name in JoJo's.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

JordanKai posted:

Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

JordanKai posted:

While they might not be able to say it out loud, at least Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap has the out that it also gets normally shortened to 'D4C' anyway lol

Nothing but ire for whoever came up with 'Zipper Man' though.

That and changing 'Echoes' to 'Reverb' like COME ON THAT ONE'S JUST A WORD, you have all the plausible deniability in the world on that one.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

JordanKai posted:

Filthy Acts Committed At A Reasonable Price

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

JordanKai posted:

Dan of Steel was a fun one.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Yardbomb posted:

That and changing 'Echoes' to 'Reverb' like COME ON THAT ONE'S JUST A WORD, you have all the plausible deniability in the world on that one.

Yeah but it sounds cooler.

Source: doing a nuzlocke run where the nickname scheme is localised stand names

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

EL BROMANCE posted:

I miss Ashen’s lootcrates reviews. Is there anyone else who is tolerable to watch that calls these wastes of money the utter garbage they are out constantly?

i bought a mega crate once. it was mass effect and i got the N7 hoodie out of it. that was the only good loot crate. some times the shirts are ok looking but thats it.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
https://twitter.com/Bowblax/status/1394756297438863361

lol awesome

well it was a nice forestall but now the rest of the world gets to put up w/ what US creators have had going on since november

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Wait, was that not already happening?

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Violen posted:

https://twitter.com/Bowblax/status/1394756297438863361

lol awesome

well it was a nice forestall but now the rest of the world gets to put up w/ what US creators have had going on since november

Yeah I was about to say its already been like this for a while.

Also doesn't this just mean there's no reason to care about respecting copyright? Like, if you just don't join the partnership program and just plug your patreon instead, then play all the copyrighted music you like, because ads are going to play regardless.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

From my experience some copyright holders are happier completely blocking your video from being seen at all rather than collecting any penny shavings from it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ThorHighHeels did a video about Resident Evil Village
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzKjjhv14W4

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Augus posted:

ThorHighHeels did a video about Resident Evil Village
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzKjjhv14W4

I have been highly amused how horned up the internet has been for Lady Dimitrescu. Almost certainly played up by marketing, but funny as well

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

this can't be canon cuz as we all know kakyoin and jotaro have to get together so they can lay an egg together from which their son Jota will be born, and then CLAMP will make enough dirty doujin money to make cardcaptor sakura!!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
there's too much anime nowadays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCBUZP9MA-w&hd=1

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
There has always been too much. The moment someone explained anime seasons to me I just tapped out and said "okay sure" and went back to cherry picking shows rather than engaging with a seasonal deluge of seasons os shows.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The rare counter-example to Betteridge's Law.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

Cherry picking shows rather than engaging with a seasonal deluge of seasons os shows.

I mean it feels like a lot more people do this most of the time anyway, there's a bunch of dreck filling slots for anime same as anything else.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Yardbomb posted:

I mean it feels like a lot more people do this most of the time anyway, there's a bunch of dreck filling slots for anime same as anything else.

Then I pity the anime youtubers who make it their goal to consume the seasonal releases because that just seems like asking for burnout.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Arcsquad12 posted:

Then I pity the anime youtubers who make it their goal to consume the seasonal releases because that just seems like asking for burnout.
As he explains in the video, half of all anime tv shows that have ever been produced have come out since 2010. the scaling up of anime series in the last decade has been exponential, Kadokawa has recently said they're going to be producing 40 anime series per year, which is more than an entire season used to be, and that's a single company's output.

Anime is out of control.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

And a bunch of it is just the same poo poo with minor variation, like more than the usual.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Yeah but there's only like 2-3 good shows worth watching any given season, which hasn't changed at all since forever, there's just more trash to sift through now.

if you're a huge fan of repetitive and incredibly skeevy isekai shows you might run out of time watching everything, tho.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

I understand when clickbait blog content miners do those articles (hey remember PEAK TV nonsense?) but not a self-employed blogger. There is a difference when you need to watch ten isekai harem pilots by Monday by editor assignment and when you Just Need To because you are an Anime Expert or whatever.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

fatherboxx posted:

I understand when clickbait blog content miners do those articles (hey remember PEAK TV nonsense?) but not a self-employed blogger. There is a difference when you need to watch ten isekai harem pilots by Monday by editor assignment and when you Just Need To because you are an Anime Expert or whatever.

I mean, when you're a self employed blogger you don't always know if an anime is going to be trash or gold right away, so even if by the end of the season you only need to care about 5 shows, you've got to watch 3-4 episodes out of everything, because maybe this show where idols are isekaid into a fantasy world to play badminton will actually be really good so you've got a month of hell in front of you to figure that out like 50 times

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

There's a lot of anime to be sure but there's also just too much Content in general really since hey American tv also premiers stuff seasonally too. To say nothing of the countless streaming services just dumping whole seasons of tv shows whenever they feel like it.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Who watches every new tv series, plays every new game or reads every new book? It just seems really odd to expect that from anime people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I think there's still some baggage of anime as a genre, and therefore "you have to watch this! You're the anime guy!" I think they need to accept its a medium instead for the sake of their sanity.